~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:

6 years ago yesterday i picked up this crazy canine from the shelter

IMG_2664-2.jpg

Norm couldn't have found a better home!!! it shows because he looks so happy!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

i'd be happy to if i were spoiled rotten :lol:

Watching the dog show. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBQ3ZzAGBko&sns=em
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

i'd be happy to if i were spoiled rotten :lol:

Watching the dog show. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBQ3ZzAGBko&sns=em

That is too funny, Sophie tries to look behind the tv for the the puppies....

oh and that comment at 20 seconds about the fact the Dalmation has never won the best of at westminster is a crock!!!! i might be a bit bias.... ;)

Infact the her brothers and sisiter have been in shows and have won!!! so i have been told :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    I just found this thread. I can't believe it took me so long. I LOVE dogs.
    Here is a picture of my babies Nina and Ginger.

girlsATlake.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

oh and that comment at 20 seconds about the fact the Dalmation has never won the best of at westminster is a crock!!!! i might be a bit bias.... ;)

WTF??? how does a hair ball with a smushed in black face take Best in Show :? ? I, apparently, have no clue as to what you look for in BIS.

when they did the group winners, I was already pissed :lol: . they passed up the beautiful Golden (as usual) for the pea-brained irish setter. But, they had the final group and Sophie's kin was in; Brian Wilson's kin was in and Monty's kin was in....so, I least had some rooting interest. Basically, of the 7 left, I said "anyone but the pekingese." So, of course, the woman with the Tammy Faye Baker makeup chooses the peke :x

Ok, I get that the pekingese is probably a great purse dog you can take shopping or maybe have on your lap while you're (not me) getting your toes painted. But BIS????? Did you see how gorgeous the bernese and the pyrenees and the malamute were??? Those were DOGS....not accesories. They protect their owners, herd livestock, kill varmits.....they don't dust the floor and yap!

I'm sure pekingese are loved by their owners but these judges are like rock critics...if it's too popular (i.e. Golden), it can't be any good. I mean, how do you even judge that pekingese? It's not like you could see his body at all. :?

and the fact that a golden has NEVER won in 136 years? we need a congressional investigation :lol:

(P.S. this was mostly written in jest....but not completely)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    oh and that comment at 20 seconds about the fact the Dalmatian has never won the best of at westminster is a crock!!!! i might be a bit bias.... ;)

Infact the her brothers and sisiter have been in shows and have won!!! so i have been told :D

the dalmatian was robbed...pure and simple

and a +1 to rob's rant
  • imalive wrote:
    WTF??? how does a hair ball with a smushed in black face take Best in Show :? ? I, apparently, have no clue as to what you look for in BIS.

when they did the group winners, I was already pissed :lol: . they passed up the beautiful Golden (as usual) for the pea-brained irish setter. But, they had the final group and Sophie's kin was in; Brian Wilson's kin was in and Monty's kin was in....so, I least had some rooting interest. Basically, of the 7 left, I said "anyone but the pekingese." So, of course, the woman with the Tammy Faye Baker makeup chooses the peke :x

Ok, I get that the pekingese is probably a great purse dog you can take shopping or maybe have on your lap while you're (not me) getting your toes painted. But BIS????? Did you see how gorgeous the bernese and the pyrenees and the malamute were??? Those were DOGS....not accesories. They protect their owners, herd livestock, kill varmits.....they don't dust the floor and yap!

I'm sure pekingese are loved by their owners but these judges are like rock critics...if it's too popular (i.e. Golden), it can't be any good. I mean, how do you even judge that pekingese? It's not like you could see his body at all. :?

and the fact that a golden has NEVER won in 136 years? we need a congressional investigation :lol:

(P.S. this was mostly written in jest....but not completely)

my boss just goes: "I turned it off as soon as I saw that wire haired dachshund win... That's not a dog, that's an appetizer!" :lol:

Its really no different than the Grammys if u ask me...awards are given out based on personal preference. There is no actual basis for the chosen winners. Its just whatever the judge happens to prefer.

And how the HELL has a Golden NEVER won? Thats absurd! They are beautiful dogs, even if its not your breed of choice.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

my boss just goes: "I turned it off as soon as I saw that wire haired dachshund win... That's not a dog, that's an appetizer!" :lol:

the only small dog winner I pulled for was Winky :lol:;) Winky was cool.

13.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I had to post this from last night in case someone missed it. I couldn't stop laughing...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/puppy-conan-and-puppy-lady-gaga_n_1279261.html
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    oh and that comment at 20 seconds about the fact the Dalmatian has never won the best of at westminster is a crock!!!! i might be a bit bias.... ;)

Infact her brothers and sisiter have been in shows and have won!!! so i have been told :D

the dalmatian was robbed...pure and simple

and a +1 to rob's rant

here is a quote
    A lively Dalmatian with black spectacle markings around his eyes took the nonsporting group. In well over 101 years, no Dalmatian has ever won Westminster's top honor.

"That's what they just told me," handler Michael Scott said.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    In well over 101 years, no Dalmatian has ever won Westminster's top honor.

Occupy Westminster :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    In well over 101 years, no Dalmatian has ever won Westminster's top honor.

Occupy Westminster :x

such a crock!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

DALMATIAN

Coach dog, firehouse dog, hunting dog, the Dalmatian has performed many functions through the years with the one constant being his loyalty and devotion to his master. While the exact origin of the Dalmatian is a mystery, the breed's distinctive spots set them apart from all others. Dalmatians are either black or liver (deep brown) spotted and both colors are equal in the show ring. As a home companion, Dalmatians thrive as part of the family. They are bright dogs who respond well to gentle, positive training.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

here is the video of the Dalmations....

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/vi ... ms:1292962

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    edited February 2012
    **deleted by request...nothing to see here or talk about...
    Post edited by vedderfan10 on
    be philanthropic
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh I hope so too ....
    thoughts and prayers
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Hi friends...
    Vedderfan's post was about me. She took it down when I said I was hoping to let you all know what happened - she's too thoughtful i really didn't mind :oops:

For those of you who don't know, I'm helping my dad run his restaurant on Mount Washington, Vancouver Island. I go home about once every 2 weeks for a day or so, barely enough time to see the family, catch up with friends, and spend some quality time with my baby Sammi. We found out a month or so ago that Sammi has had a mass growing on her colon and they weren't sure if it was a tumour or if it was a mass of fat. A bunch of expensive tests later and they still couldn't determine which it was, and the only option after that was to have an expensive MRI done. By this point we felt even if the MRI determined what kind of surgery she should have, that she was too old to go through that and recover from it. The vet said to give it a bit of time, but that the mass would likely grow big enough that she wasn't able to go to the washroom at all, and soon after that the inevitable would happen.

Today I got "the call" from my family that she would have to be put down, that she hadn't eaten or had water in a week, and that she was in a lot of pain last night. They scheduled her to be put down at 10:00am, that she wasn't going to last much longer. But at this point it was already 8:30am, and it takes me 2 hours to get to the ferry and another 1.5 hours to cross. I told them to tell her to hold on, that I was coming home and that I hadn't abandoned her, and to tell her to wait as best she could. I got to Vancouver at around 2:30 and she was in the car wrapped in a blanket unable to move much, save for putting her head on my lap and giving me her paw. So we rushed home during rush hour, it took us over an hour to get to the vet. On the way she breathed heavy and threw up bile. She was moaning pretty badly the last 10 minutes before the vet.

I'll never forget the way she flopped her head back on my uncles shoulder when he picked her up. I was literally watching her die when we carried her through the parking lot. We got her to the vet and lay her on the table and they were amazing and got us to take our time as they sedated her. I held her and my family stood by and said goodbyes. Then the doctor injected her and waited til her heart stopped. She passed away around 4:30pm.

Everyone said she waited for me. As soon as I got off the ferry and into the car I held her the whole way home and talked to her. She kept using her last bit of energy to push her body on top of my lap. She was loyal to the very end.

RIP my gorgeous lady.

sammiRIP.jpg

thanks for listening all <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    oh steph i'm so sorry :cry:

goodbye sammi
    I was afraid this was coming but, oh my god, how incredible is it that sammi waited for you? :cry:

Sammi was the most gorgeous dog in this thread...that's how I'll remember her.

Take care, Steph. The pain will pass as the days and months go by. RIP Sammi. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I've been so afraid that this news was coming. :cry:

Like Rob said, Sammi was gorgeous. She always seemed so noble looking.

Even though this news makes me sad, I'm so very glad that you were with her to say goodbye. I'm sure it eased her passing.

RIP Sammi.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    RIP Sammi.
    i am so sorry to hear this :cry: speechless right now.

RIP Sammi

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    You would not even believe how sadd this news made me. Im crying my eyes out as I add sammi to the first post in this thread. Its much harder when its one of "our own" from this thread, after getting to know them so well. It just seems so close to home. I'm gonna miss the sammi stories and pictures. :( Stay close to here ok? More hugs to you...
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and support.
    I know reading about everyone's losses, it hurts. So I hate to bring you all the bad news... But you guys have all been amazing in Sammi's life and now when she's passed. ♥
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    So sad, but such a beautiful story. Of course she waited for you. What a fabulous dog.

RIP Sammi.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Rest in Peace Sammi :cry:

I'm glad that you got to see each other one last time.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    imalive wrote:
    :cry:

Sammi was the most gorgeous dog in this thread...that's how I'll remember her.

I will also always remember that you gave sammi some privileges she didn't get from other family members. I'll bet she loved you best. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :cry: "loyal to the end"

yes they are

I'm so sorry :cry:
    Sophie trying to sleep as i took these pictures last night...

100_2370.jpg

She is trying to keep an eye on me... :mrgreen:

100_2371.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1