~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    chloeapril2009.jpg

:( Its been a long time since i've seen chloe in here. i used to love showing my niece pictures of both chloe & igby! She would imitate igby's tongue sticking out! :lol: As you know-we ALL feel your pain about losing a doggie. Keep in mind she is in great company-she's got my Surfer to hang out with, Big Pete to stand guard, Shelby & Trixxx to run around with, and lots more! :D I'll add her name to the first post here.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    more pics of our beloved chloe ...

P1020586.jpg

P1040605.jpg

P1040328.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

and the last picture we ever took of chloe - just messing about with my new camera ...

chloeslastphoto122011.jpg

Beautiful Cloe joins the long list of PJ Doggies who have all gone before her to the Rainbow Bridge in the last few years since this thread was started. So sorry for your loss. I am happy that she had a wonderful LONG life filled with everything a dog could want, and a peaceful passing. One day at a time. Hugs to you.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haven't visited this thread in awhile, but sadly, i have a horrible contribution ...

december 1st we were faced with the worst decision any pet owner has to face - to put down our beloved chloe, just under 12 years old. :cry::cry::cry:

chloe was great until about mid-november, she started eating even less than usual and grew a bit lethargic, which considering she never lost her puppy-ish enthusiasm is a lot. won't go into great details, but suffice to say, many a vet and ER vet visit since, and come december 1st, going for follow-up and she was even worse imo. discussed symptoms, bit more tests, not good news. now once again, late, had to go to the ER clinic - more tests, even worse news. an abdomen filled with blood, more than likely full of cancerous tumors. there were possible "options" but really, given what she faced, her age, how sick she was ... we made the hard choice.

all i can say, is unlike our kitty suki in january 2010 (who passed away overnight, alone, at the vet's office - not at all how i wanted her to go), we were able to give chloe the good passing we so desired. we got to lie with her in a private, comfortable room for as long as we wanted, probably stayed a good 45 minutes, then the vet came in, gave her the injection right there, with me and mr. dream right there, and she died right in my arms. heart-wrenching horribleness, but we knew it was right decision.

suffice to say, we are ALL grieving and unbelievably sad. poor little igby seems utterly lost without his big sister around, he just has no idea ... not very happy days to end 2011.

to our dear sweet chloe girl - so beloved and will always be missed.

chloeapril2009.jpg

chloemay-1.jpg

sleepychloe22008.jpg
    Chloe is simply beautiful

I'm sorry

hang onto to all the lovely memories and smile for the love you have been blessed with
  • The Doggie Thread...
    Stories of death and life all in one page. I went from sad tears for Chloe to happy tears for Bailey.

I am so sorry Mrs. Dream. :cry::cry: Chloe is happy again now - pain free, chasin' squirrels with all the other late - great doggies. Hang in there. Celebrate her life - remember the good times.

And Rani - what a turn of events :o . A roller coaster of emotions for you I can imagine. Bailey is sure one hell of a trooper! Enjoy all the healthy moments she has left to share. She's not ready to let you go just yet!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RaniRani Posts: 434

P1020586.jpg

P1040605.jpg

P1040328.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

and the last picture we ever took of chloe - just messing about with my new ...

I am so sorry. RIP sweet Chloe.

I don't even want to imagine your pain right now. Been trying to get myself ready since the end of October, and if the crying I've done while Bailey is still around is any indication, I'm going to be a mess when the day comes.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    D2D, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of love and hugs :(
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Rani wrote:

Thanks for all the good vibes, cuz I believe Bailey felt each and every one.
    I think she did, too :mrgreen:

here's some more:

((((( vibes )))))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

chloeapril2009.jpg

awwww, D2D, I'm feeling your pain :cry: . I'm sure chloe was just like my little girl in that all I need to do is walk into the room or speak and gracie's tail starts wagging. our dogs are always there for us....unconditionally. I'm glad you and Mr. Dream :lol: at least got to spend some good time with chloe at the end. I always post the following...not because I'm lazy....but because I've never read anything that seemed truer...at least to me. RIP Chloe :cry: ...say hi to Shelby for me.

If you’ve ever loved an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Maria, I'm so sorry about Chloe. I always loved looking at pictures of her sweet face. So many of us here have been through what you're going through. One of things I find comforting is that you had a compassionate vet who allowed you and Mr. Dream to be there to ease her passing.

Rob, thank you for posting that message again. It moves me every time I read it. I received an email a little while ago from a friend who lost his dog, a very sweet and friendly old Chow named Chance, just this morning. I'm going to send it on to him and his wife and hope that it gives them some solace.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

P1020586.jpg

So sorry, d2d.
    :(
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Today is Surfers birthday. Way back on record store day, I was in NYC and stopped by a VERY cool record store. As we were checking out, i noticed a little note at the counter. It said "all proceeds from todays sales of vintage vinyl , goes directly to so and so doggy day care which helps feed and house lost or injured dogs!" So i went back to browse :D and i found a Beach Boys album. It hadd the song i used to sing to my Surfer, so i bought it. :D I havnt hadd the chance to listen to it until today. Perfect timing i might add. It felt good remembering the nice times my fatty boy and i shared. I miss his company every single day, but I'm happy i got to even exxxperience the love and fun a doggie brings to life. Thanks everyone for all of the pictures and the love in this thread! :D

This is Surf laying RIGHT in my spot on my bed while i got up to use the bathroom! :lol: How could i say no to that face?!
    LILPRINCE-1-1.jpg
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    5f1667b5.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

P1020586.jpg

P1040605.jpg

P1040328.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

and the last picture we ever took of chloe - just messing about with my new camera ...

d2d
    so sorry for your loss :( very sad.

chloe is now pain free and romping around with all the other puppies.

R.I.P. Chloe

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    awwww d2d...damn it....
    I haven't been on here in months, maybe more than a year....and am so sad to read this news. I'm not much in the way of Hallmark cards because what can be said? I am truly sorry for your loss and know that while the pain will subside over time, Chloe will forever be missed.

My girls are aging, 11 and 12 this past June. Both are still happy and goofy dogs but are quite content strolling on the beach and enjoying long naps afterwards. Miss Callie is deaf (though I suspect some selective hearing on her part) and Miss Maggie is showing signs of the hip displaysia we've know she's had for some time. She's had some minor lumps/bumps removed over the last couple of years and during those times, her blood work showed some issues with her kidneys. She's on special food which helps but at this point, she's too old to go through hip surgery. My fear is watching her struggle physically.
    haven't visited this thread in awhile, but sadly, i have a horrible contribution ...

december 1st we were faced with the worst decision any pet owner has to face - to put down our beloved chloe, just under 12 years old. :cry::cry::cry:

chloe was great until about mid-november, she started eating even less than usual and grew a bit lethargic, which considering she never lost her puppy-ish enthusiasm is a lot. won't go into great details, but suffice to say, many a vet and ER vet visit since, and come december 1st, going for follow-up and she was even worse imo. discussed symptoms, bit more tests, not good news. now once again, late, had to go to the ER clinic - more tests, even worse news. an abdomen filled with blood, more than likely full of cancerous tumors. there were possible "options" but really, given what she faced, her age, how sick she was ... we made the hard choice.

all i can say, is unlike our kitty suki in january 2010 (who passed away overnight, alone, at the vet's office - not at all how i wanted her to go), we were able to give chloe the good passing we so desired. we got to lie with her in a private, comfortable room for as long as we wanted, probably stayed a good 45 minutes, then the vet came in, gave her the injection right there, with me and mr. dream right there, and she died right in my arms. heart-wrenching horribleness, but we knew it was right decision.

suffice to say, we are ALL grieving and unbelievably sad. poor little igby seems utterly lost without his big sister around, he just has no idea ... not very happy days to end 2011.

to our dear sweet chloe girl - so beloved and will always be missed.

chloeapril2009.jpg

chloemay-1.jpg

sleepychloe22008.jpg
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    RIP Chole :cry:

Thinking of you and the family D2D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    SENROCK wrote:
    Today is Surfers birthday. Way back on record store day, I was in NYC and stopped by a VERY cool record store. As we were checking out, i noticed a little note at the counter. It said "all proceeds from todays sales of vintage vinyl , goes directly to so and so doggy day care which helps feed and house lost or injured dogs!" So i went back to browse :D and i found a Beach Boys album. It hadd the song i used to sing to my Surfer, so i bought it. :D I havnt hadd the chance to listen to it until today. Perfect timing i might add. It felt good remembering the nice times my fatty boy and i shared. I miss his company every single day, but I'm happy i got to even exxxperience the love and fun a doggie brings to life. Thanks everyone for all of the pictures and the love in this thread! :D

This is Surf laying RIGHT in my spot on my bed while i got up to use the bathroom! :lol: How could i say no to that face?!
    LILPRINCE-1-1.jpg

Monty will be sporting a new name tag on his PJ collar...it has a picture of a wave in honor of Surfer and SENROCK who created this thread. This Doggie Thread has been a great support for all of us through so many loses of our beloved doggies. I now have 3 dogs on the front page. Having lost all of them in 4.5 years and young to horrible diseases...I am hopeful that my Monty gets a nice long healthy life. No matter how long he gets, he will SPOILED! I treat him like everyday is his last, same as I did for my Prince Petey. The life lesson my handsome Petey gave to me in his short life...was to LIVE IN THE MOMENT. Each one is precious, no regrets. I have a bracelet that I bought last year for my birthday with that printed on it. I am grateful for having known Petey...I think he of all beings that I have known gave me the greatest life lesson.

Last week my step brother passed away after his long battle with cancer. His funeral was the best/worst I've ever been too....everyone of his family members, including his wife, children, dad, sisters, and in laws ALL got up to talk about him. Not a dry eye in the house. I had a soaking wet wad of tissues after it was over. He lived his life to the fullest, and left so many people over flowing with love. He fought a hard battle and never complained although he was in agony. I am grateful for having known him. He was in my life only as long as Petey was and left me with another lesson, live life to the fullest...no regrets.

Thank you all for being out there through our doggie journeys. goD = Dog.

For D2D
    When I am gone, Release me, Let me go-
    I have so many things to see and do,
    You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
    Be thankful for our beautiful years.

I gave to you my love, You can only guess
    How much you gave to me in happiness,
    I thank you for the love you each have shown,
    But now it's time I traveled alone.

So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must,
    Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
    It's only for a time that we must part,
    So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on.
    So if you need me, Call, And I will come.
    Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near,
    And if you listen with your Hearts, you'll hear
    All my love around you soft and clear,
    And then, when you come this way alone
    I'll greet you with a smile and say

"Welcome Home"
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    nice ^^^^^ :mrgreen:

for what it's worth, nearly 4 years after shelby's death I never think of her with anything other than love and laughter. the sorrow is gone. there's nothing in my heart but joy when it comes to our sweet girl, Shelby.

IMG_0601.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    nice ^^^^^ :mrgreen:

for what it's worth, nearly 4 years after shelby's death I never think of her with anything other than love and laughter. the sorrow is gone. there's nothing in my heart but joy when it comes to our sweet girl, Shelby.

IMG_0601.jpg
    I agree 1000%.

It will be 4 years in February since we lost our Pete. Glenn says of all the dogs who've owned us, Pete was the best. The pain of his final days is long gone and I remember how sweet and loving he always was.

MVC-002F.jpg
    Remembering my BIG Brown boy and what an awesome brother he was to Monty. So happy he raised him, he will always have a bit of Petey in him. Thank you all for telling me to get Monty after Petey's diagnosis two years ago.

DSC02743-2.jpg
    DSC02759.jpg
    DSC02760-1.jpg
    DSC02805-1.jpg
    DSC02836.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Pictures from today :)

Sophie12-7-20111.jpg

Sophie12-7-20112.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

she's beautiful
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sophie12-7-20112.jpg

STICK!!!! :mrgreen:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC02805-1.jpg

i love this pic
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Sophie12-7-20112.jpg

:lol:
    Bugsy does the same thing when he chews on a toy, or anything really. Ass up in the air. So funny.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yes ... the playful stance

and if no one is around to play throw it up in the air and play by yourself! :D
    Missing my Petey tonight...the pain feels unbearable. 4 months have past....I miss him so much. Nothing good about a dog dying at such a young age.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    So for my 1,700th post, i figured it might as well be in the best thread on the board ;)

Sophie is being teased by the squirrels today, she is having a blast :mrgreen:

squirrel on the branch

Sophie12-10-20114.jpg

the squirrel is teasing by coming down the tree close to where Sophie can almost get em. I have a feeling i might be climbing this tree some day to get her down.

Sophie12-10-20111.jpg

Sophie12-10-20112.jpg

Sophie12-10-20113.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    He is a good little guy, when he is not chewing on my art supplies.

http://twitpic.com/7rlv7s
    7RayZ wrote:
    He is a good little guy, when he is not chewing on my art supplies.

http://twitpic.com/7rlv7s
    is he full grown or a pup?

yeah, my doggie is a good girl too....except when she's not :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Well, speaking of chewing on things . . .

Django was a real destruction artist when he was a puppy. Among the many things he destroyed were articles of clothing, a pair of my Birkenstocks, and he chewed the whole corner off a quilt. :wtf:

He mostly grew out of it but he still likes to shred paper or cardboard if he gets a chance. So he's chewed off the cover of paperback books or magazines that we might leave on the coffee table. Also, not long ago, I left the laundry basket on the floor overnight with some sheets that needed folding. Very nice sheets, I might add, that we hadn't had very long. The next morning one of them had a huge hole in it. Glenn fussed at me for being so careless. The next morning Django had chewed up the cover of a book that Glenn had just bought and left in a chair. :roll:

But here's a recent example:

008-1.jpg

I'm not even sure where he found it. I suppose I should say he has good taste? :think:
    I'm out of my funk.....getting ready for the Solstice. Made a lot of plans with loved ones to enjoy each others company instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself. ;) I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. My little tree is up, completely decorated with birds. Monty wasn't too pleased to be forced to pose in front of it.

DSC05810.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown