LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I love these dog pix so much.

I posted this for Sen's b'day yesterday. No, I'm not on the bed, Brian says. Of course I'm not on the bed, dogs don't belong on the bed. (I think Rob will appreciate the colors on the collar more than Norm...)

DSCN0829-1.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Enkidu wrote:

I posted this for Sen's b'day yesterday. No, I'm not on the bed, Brian says. Of course I'm not on the bed, dogs don't belong on the bed. (I think Rob will appreciate the colors on the collar more than Norm...)

DSCN0829-1.jpg
    that collar is SWEET!!!!! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Enkidu wrote:

DSCN0829-1.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Enkidu wrote:

DSCN0829-1.jpg

I am LOVING that photo! Cool collar, too!

All of the unlost dogs are up on our furniture. Gotta love machine washable slipcovers! :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Ringo Supervising the stair renovations :D

Ringo1.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ^^^^^

I love the way dogs need to be by our sides ...

we be 'packin' :D
    so overnight we experienced some of the strongest winds i've ever felt here...they called them hurricane force winds and they were right...it was so strong i couldn't fall asleep...partly because of the wind (and the resulting sirens) and partly because it was freaking norm out...he hopped up on my bed and could never settle down...the winds would die down and he'd fall asleep but when they would kick up so would he...at one point he was shoving his snout under the blankets and my legs...eventually he went and crawled under the couch
    norm wrote:
    so overnight we experienced some of the strongest winds i've ever felt here...they called them hurricane force winds and they were right...it was so strong i couldn't fall asleep...partly because of the wind (and the resulting sirens) and partly because it was freaking norm out...he hopped up on my bed and could never settle down...the winds would die down and he'd fall asleep but when they would kick up so would he...at one point he was shoving his snout under the blankets and my legs...eventually he went and crawled under the couch
    awwwwww! :oops:

gracie had NO problem sleeping thru our 60mph'ers last night :roll:

weird that we both had winds...ours were because major low pressure was bumping up against major high pressure.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

weird that we both had winds...ours were because major low pressure was bumping up against major high pressure.

he's never really had problems with weather...thunder, lightening but last night was pretty fucked up...i've lived here for 42 years and i've never seen wind this bad...a couple times the house shook...so he had a reason to be scared
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

he's never really had problems with weather...thunder, lightening but last night was pretty fucked up...i've lived here for 42 years and i've never seen wind this bad...a couple times the house shook...so he had a reason to be scared

that does not sound like fun, so sorry for poor norm. Better then an earthquake though.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• So for Thanksgiving we visited Glenn's sister in Florida. What a wonderful, relaxing time we had. One of the most fun parts was getting acquainted with our doggie nephew Max:

DSC07838.jpg

I'd never spent much time around a Chiahuahua, but what a sweet little prince he is! When I took a nap he jumped up on the bed and curled up right next to me. We took him for walks and he played fetch with Glenn.

When his mom adopted him last January, he didn't know Sit. :lol: Now you should see him go through his agility runs! He knows lots of tricks and will even High 5 you!

DSC07848.jpg

He was so cute and sweet that I wanted to take him home with us.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My sister's 5 year old dog Jenny attacked their new 8 week old puppy yesterday. Blood everywhere but no stitches required....however my 2 year old nephew was just on the other side of the screen door and could have easily been RIGHT THERE when it happened....or he could have easily had the puppy in his arms. My sister said the dog was just savage....like it was definitely trying to kill the puppy. About 2 years ago it had another fight with their very very old Staffy dog (who has now died from old age) and my brother-in-law put his leg between them to kick her and got a bunch of stitches in his leg. Jenny tried to attack my dog one day too. She definitely had a bad streak to her from early on.

Anyway....my sister put the dog to sleep yesterday. So sad. She knows it was the right thing to do....she would never be able to trust this dog around her 2 year old after seeing that (and she has No 2 on the way too)....but she said it was so heartbreaking putting to sleep a perfectly fit dog.

BUT, to make matters worse, my brother-in-law-is being a total C**T about it and when she was leaving to the vet to put her dog to sleep (by herself I might add while he stayed home :| ), he said "don't think you're bringing her home and burying her in MY yard". So she's at the vet bawling her eyes out with mum (who drove down there asap when she realised my sister was alone) and had to say to the vet she couldn't bring the dog home afterwards etc so they put her in the freezer. My sister decided to bury her dog at her own rental property this weekend with dad's help.

I was sooooooooo ANGRY! Still am. He's done with me now. I didn't like him that much to begin with. I hate his guts now. :x :evil: :x :evil:

RIP little Jenny. :cry:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    My sister's 5 year old dog Jenny attacked their new 8 week old puppy yesterday. Blood everywhere but no stitches required....however my 2 year old nephew was just on the other side of the screen door and could have easily been RIGHT THERE when it happened....or he could have easily had the puppy in his arms. My sister said the dog was just savage....like it was definitely trying to kill the puppy. About 2 years ago it had another fight with their very very old Staffy dog (who has now died from old age) and my brother-in-law put his leg between them to kick her and got a bunch of stitches in his leg. Jenny tried to attack my dog one day too. She definitely had a bad streak to her from early on.

Anyway....my sister put the dog to sleep yesterday. So sad. She knows it was the right thing to do....she would never be able to trust this dog around her 2 year old after seeing that (and she has No 2 on the way too)....but she said it was so heartbreaking putting to sleep a perfectly fit dog.

BUT, to make matters worse, my brother-in-law-is being a total C**T about it and when she was leaving to the vet to put her dog to sleep (by herself I might add while he stayed home :| ), he said "don't think you're bringing her home and burying her in MY yard". So she's at the vet bawling her eyes out with mum (who drove down there asap when she realised my sister was alone) and had to say to the vet she couldn't bring the dog home afterwards etc so they put her in the freezer. My sister decided to bury her dog at her own rental property this weekend with dad's help.

I was sooooooooo ANGRY! Still am. He's done with me now. I didn't like him that much to begin with. I hate his guts now. :x :evil: :x :evil:

wow, sorry :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    ZiggyStar wrote:

your bro in law is the kind of person who should definitely not have a dog. and that sucks for your sister because she obviously is the kind of person to have one. what an asshole. --sorry ziggy.

i can't imagine being involved in a situation like this.
    www.myspace.com

DSC07838.jpg
    what a pose! :lol::mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

DSC07838.jpg
    what a pose! :lol::mrgreen:
    "Hey! You talkin about me?!?!"

DSC07840.jpg

I'm telling ya, he is quite the prince:

DSC07889.jpg
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Oh this is heartbreaking

I wish a home with no kids and other animals could have been found.

I do not understand the idea of humanizing an animal to the point of being unforgiving
    when they react like a dog ... this is a natural response Jenny had for some breeds
    in some situations.

I also don't understand the man here punishing your sister for her dogs natural reaction.
    I hate his guts too! :evil:

Just tragic all around .... I am so so so sorry. :cry:
    So for Thanksgiving we visited Glenn's sister in Florida. What a wonderful, relaxing time we had. One of the most fun parts was getting acquainted with our doggie nephew Max:

DSC07838.jpg

I'd never spent much time around a Chiahuahua, but what a sweet little prince he is! When I took a nap he jumped up on the bed and curled up right next to me. We took him for walks and he played fetch with Glenn.

When his mom adopted him last January, he didn't know Sit. :lol: Now you should see him go through his agility runs! He knows lots of tricks and will even High 5 you!

DSC07848.jpg

He was so cute and sweet that I wanted to take him home with us.
    This is a heartwarming story ...
    we too have a Chihuahua in our family mixed with a Jack Russell,
    Dottie ...
    she is very sweet but a runner and escape artist ... she makes up her own agility runs
    right up the street!
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    This is my dog Lola (or as I usually call her, LolaBird). The humane society said her dad is a german shepherd and mom is a chocolate lab. She LOVES playing with other dogs, to the point where they start getting mad at her because she won't leave them alone when they're trying to rest. She also enjoys going to the tennis courts and chasing tennis balls, getting brushed, and watching college football.

IMG_0106-1.jpg
  • Suave.27 wrote:
    This is my dog Lola (or as I usually call her, LolaBird). The humane society said her dad is a german shepherd and mom is a chocolate lab. She LOVES playing with other dogs, to the point where they start getting mad at her because she won't leave them alone when they're trying to rest. She also enjoys going to the tennis courts and chasing tennis balls, getting brushed, and watching college football.

IMG_0106-1.jpg
    Welcome, Lola! :wave:

Does she have a favorite team? :lol:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Suave.27 wrote:

IMG_0106-1.jpg

AWWWWWWW!!! Welcome to the doggie thread, Lola!!! :wave: Feel free to add as many pictures as you wish! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Bo going to town..

sorry..

that time of year maybe?

bo-3-1.jpg
    wah
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Montman sporting his new collar!

DSC05773.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ZiggyStar wrote:

This is a completely heartbreaking story. I am really sorry for all involved. Honest truth....dog aggression is a completely normal in the dog world....especially in certain breeds. In dobermans it's written into our breed standard. We all know that when you have a male doberman it might never be able to be with other male dogs....PERIOD. Some are ok others would kill another dog, even ones they have lived with for years. Because a dog attacks other dogs in no way means that it will ever go after a human. The puppy should have been returned and if your sister was scared that Jenny was going to hurt the child...then she should have been re-homed. So sad for so many dogs.....they are so misunderstood by the average human.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • haven't visited this thread in awhile, but sadly, i have a horrible contribution ...

december 1st we were faced with the worst decision any pet owner has to face - to put down our beloved chloe, just under 12 years old. :cry::cry::cry:

chloe was great until about mid-november, she started eating even less than usual and grew a bit lethargic, which considering she never lost her puppy-ish enthusiasm is a lot. won't go into great details, but suffice to say, many a vet and ER vet visit since, and come december 1st, going for follow-up and she was even worse imo. discussed symptoms, bit more tests, not good news. now once again, late, had to go to the ER clinic - more tests, even worse news. an abdomen filled with blood, more than likely full of cancerous tumors. there were possible "options" but really, given what she faced, her age, how sick she was ... we made the hard choice.

all i can say, is unlike our kitty suki in january 2010 (who passed away overnight, alone, at the vet's office - not at all how i wanted her to go), we were able to give chloe the good passing we so desired. we got to lie with her in a private, comfortable room for as long as we wanted, probably stayed a good 45 minutes, then the vet came in, gave her the injection right there, with me and mr. dream right there, and she died right in my arms. heart-wrenching horribleness, but we knew it was right decision.

suffice to say, we are ALL grieving and unbelievably sad. poor little igby seems utterly lost without his big sister around, he just has no idea ... not very happy days to end 2011.

to our dear sweet chloe girl - so beloved and will always be missed.

chloeapril2009.jpg

chloemay-1.jpg

sleepychloe22008.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• more pics of our beloved chloe ...

P1020586.jpg

P1040605.jpg

P1040328.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

and the last picture we ever took of chloe - just messing about with my new camera ...

chloeslastphoto122011.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

to our dear sweet chloe girl - so beloved and will always be missed.

chloeapril2009.jpg

:cry:

goodbye chloe
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just wanted to let you all know that Bailey has decided she wants to swing the way of life, not death.

Ask me a month ago if she had 2 weeks left in her.

She has gained quite of bit of weight, is responding well to steroid therapy (oral pill : prednisone, low dose), I haven't used Ventolin on her in about a week.

I wish I was more techno-savvy, I would post pics of her smiling right now.

This dog is about to turn 16 on Feb 25th,as it seems she is turning her best corner I have seen in a while.

Thanks for all your prayers. It seems to have worked. She demolished tuna meant for my cat Seven. :lol::lol:

And meatballs.

I baked peanut butter cookies just for her, but my guests helped themselves to a few. :lol::lol:

Thanks for all the good vibes, cuz I believe Bailey felt each and every one.

If I ever get adapt to posting pics, you will get to see this smiling 16 yr old doggie! :mrgreen:

You doggie people are the best. :D:D:D