~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• RaniRani Posts: 434
    Bailey is improving! She chowed down a good 2 cups of rice,ground beef and gravy. Walked about 8 feet from her food/water bowls!! A bit more colour in her gums. Sleeping peacefully.

She was falling all over the place this a.m., honestly I thought she has been experiencing mini strokes all week. :(

She walked around the backyard on her own too, a bit, this evening.

She's a fighter. Maybe she wants to see 16 come this February 25th?

Whatever Bailey wants to give me, I will gladly receive. :mrgreen:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Rani wrote:
    Bailey is improving! She chowed down a good 2 cups of rice,ground beef and gravy. Walked about 8 feet from her food/water bowls!! A bit more colour in her gums. Sleeping peacefully.

She was falling all over the place this a.m., honestly I thought she has been experiencing mini strokes all week. :(

She walked around the backyard on her own too, a bit, this evening.

She's a fighter. Maybe she wants to see 16 come this February 25th?

Whatever Bailey wants to give me, I will gladly receive. :mrgreen:
    :clap:

you both are in my thoughts and prayers and hugs to you Rani
  • I finally got the nerve to watch Marley & Me. It was so good.

Had to turn away at the end and cried, gosh I miss Rocket.

Thanks Pandora for recommending the movie and everyone should see this film.
    I finally got the nerve to watch Marley & Me. It was so good.

Welcome... it is a good kind of cry... bless your heart

I know how you feel ... missing Rocket so
    I miss Charlie. This time of year with all the memories, bittersweet,
    they are not here to share. Turkey day was always Charlie's favorite holiday.
    One less plate to fix :(
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    pandora wrote:
    I finally got the nerve to watch Marley & Me. It was so good.

Welcome... it is a good kind of cry... bless your heart

I know how you feel ... missing Rocket so
    I miss Charlie. This time of year with all the memories, bittersweet,
    they are not here to share. Turkey day was always Charlie's favorite holiday.
    One less plate to fix :(

and I miss Petey so much that it hurts my soul.

Monty has been pretty lethargic for quite some time now. I've been very worried about him since Petey died. I took him to the vet back in the Summer, and the vet didn't feel like anything was wrong with him. But it's been bugging me since. I have this curse that twice in my life I've lost 2 sets of my favorite dogs 3 months apart. My first two dogs Khan(my canine soulmate) and Bigelow were 7 & 4, both gone in 3 months time, and then when I lost Uno & Mason...at only 9 & 6 again 3 months apart. Losing so many so young makes me feel like I shouldn't get another ever again. My oldest son said to me that I have really bad luck with dogs only minutes after Petey passed away. Petey has been gone 3 months now...and I'm bracing myself for another tragedy. I feel sick over the possibility of losing Monty too. On Thursday as I got ready for work, I hear this horrible howling coming from my staircase. It was so pitiful sounding that I was afraid to go and see what was making the sound, I couldn't wrap my head around what was making that noise. It was Monty! I have been told by my sons that they have heard him do it too. My oldest son recently left home, middle two are away at college and his Petey is dead. Too many changes for Monty, he could be depressed. That night I decided to run him to the vet for blood work. He has also lost 4# since Petey's death. He should be filling out now, he is 20 months old and still intact. He basic blood work came back excellent....what a relief....but his tick tests came back that he has been exposed to two different types of tick born diseases. He is going to be treated with antibiotics for a month. I also found out that the female across the street is in heat, but honestly....he hasn't shown any interest in going over there and seems ok now that we have a houseful of company and his two college boys are home too. I know he feels my sadness over Petey, I try so hard not to have it spill over to his world, but its hard. I've had to hide it from my sons, they feel their own, Petey was so well loved. Everyone is always comparing poor Monty to the great one, and I don't think that helps him with his issues. Some how....we have to make it all about Monty now! He deserves 100% of us. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Everyone is always comparing poor Monty to the great one, and I don't think that helps him with his issues.
    gracie is also damn tired of hearing about that "sister" of hers (shelby) :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about monty ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    I wanted to put a smile on some of your faces, i took this photo about ten minutes ago. Hope it helps
    Sophie is loving the snow so much it is hard to get her to be still. If i had a third hand i could hold the camera, so it is not blurry,take the picture and give her a treat, just so she stands still.

Sophie11-19-11.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

New rope toy.

Sophie11-19-20112.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    New rope toy.

Sophie11-19-20112.jpg
    not new for long :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    Awww...thank you for posting the pics...such a gorgeous dog!

Yes, I need to see pics like that, young happy dogs. I can't believe it wasn't too long ago Bailey was pulling me on walks. She did that up until about 14 1/2! :lol:

Bailey is hanging on, not walking well today, didn't eat today, just sleeping alot, but with a smile. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the continuing support. I love dog people. Dogs are better than most people, I tell you.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Rani wrote:

Yes, I need to see pics like that, young happy dogs. I can't believe it wasn't too long ago Bailey was pulling me on walks. She did that up until about 14 1/2! :lol:

Bailey is hanging on, not walking well today, didn't eat today, just sleeping alot, but with a smile. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the continuing support. I love dog people. Dogs are better than most people, I tell you.

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person" Andy Rooney :mrgreen:

Hang in there Rani. Lots of love to bailey from me and all my pooches
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    PJaddicted wrote:

and I miss Petey so much that it hurts my soul.

Monty has been pretty lethargic for quite some time now. I've been very worried about him since Petey died. I took him to the vet back in the Summer, and the vet didn't feel like anything was wrong with him. But it's been bugging me since. I have this curse that twice in my life I've lost 2 sets of my favorite dogs 3 months apart. My first two dogs Khan(my canine soulmate) and Bigelow were 7 & 4, both gone in 3 months time, and then when I lost Uno & Mason...at only 9 & 6 again 3 months apart. Losing so many so young makes me feel like I shouldn't get another ever again. My oldest son said to me that I have really bad luck with dogs only minutes after Petey passed away. Petey has been gone 3 months now...and I'm bracing myself for another tragedy. I feel sick over the possibility of losing Monty too. On Thursday as I got ready for work, I hear this horrible howling coming from my staircase. It was so pitiful sounding that I was afraid to go and see what was making the sound, I couldn't wrap my head around what was making that noise. It was Monty! I have been told by my sons that they have heard him do it too. My oldest son recently left home, middle two are away at college and his Petey is dead. Too many changes for Monty, he could be depressed. That night I decided to run him to the vet for blood work. He has also lost 4# since Petey's death. He should be filling out now, he is 20 months old and still intact. He basic blood work came back excellent....what a relief....but his tick tests came back that he has been exposed to two different types of tick born diseases. He is going to be treated with antibiotics for a month. I also found out that the female across the street is in heat, but honestly....he hasn't shown any interest in going over there and seems ok now that we have a houseful of company and his two college boys are home too. I know he feels my sadness over Petey, I try so hard not to have it spill over to his world, but its hard. I've had to hide it from my sons, they feel their own, Petey was so well loved. Everyone is always comparing poor Monty to the great one, and I don't think that helps him with his issues. Some how....we have to make it all about Monty now! He deserves 100% of us. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    I don't think we can hide our feelings from our dogs... this I have always felt...
    not like our fellow humans who often don't want to know.
    Dogs just sense so much and sharing your loss with Monty is what you have in common,
    both of you missing Petey so.

I am sorry for your loss and understand your fear. After health problems with our Jack Russell
    who also passed at 5 we decided on rescue mixed breeds hoping to avoid congenital
    problems like that which took Maggie and Scout, so untimely and much pain for the family.

Timing may not be right now but perhaps a playmate would really help Monty having had
    one since he can remember. Maybe also a chance for a new life for a rescue dog.
    And well we know you have so much love to give and giving it is what you need.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family ...
    Petey will be missed but hopefully he will bring happy stories and smiling memories.
    Monty will enjoy the activity and be the center of attention but I think he might like
    to share that again with a new brother or sister.... just a little thought.
    a new sleeping spot.....the closet :roll: :lol:

IMG_3455.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Rani wrote:

Wow 16 !! Thats awesome

Hang in there

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • imalive wrote:

IMG_3455.jpg

Must be the female goldens...Chloe will sleep anywhere

She once slept in the kitchen with her head resting on the foot rest part of the chair

:roll: :lol:

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

so basically what you're saying is that female goldens are sluts :shifty:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_3455.jpg
    so pretty she is

Jake too ... he thought JB's closet was his room :lol:

She once slept in the kitchen with her head resting on the foot rest part of the chair

like this? :lol:

IMG_1725.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:

IMG_1725.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That TOTALLY made my DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • norm wrote:

so basically what you're saying is that female goldens are sluts :shifty:

Luckily she's fixed

;)

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    I wanted to put a smile on some of your faces, i took this photo about ten minutes ago. Hope it helps
    Sophie is loving the snow so much it is hard to get her to be still. If i had a third hand i could hold the camera, so it is not blurry,take the picture and give her a treat, just so she stands still.

Sophie11-19-11.jpg

She looks alllllllll growed up!!! :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • imalive wrote:

IMG_1725.jpg

YES!

Goofy ass dogs

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think Molly is very clever, she did a poo in the back room yesterday and must have felt terribly guilty about it. She got a brown ropey toy and hid the poo underneath it so that I couldn't see it. Then when I found itshe looked really guilty. I found it very hard to be cross with her. :D
    Claireack wrote:
    I think Molly is very clever, she did a poo in the back room yesterday and must have felt terribly guilty about it. She got a brown ropey toy and hid the poo underneath it so that I couldn't see it. Then when I found itshe looked really guilty. I found it very hard to be cross with her. :D
    camouflage! :lol::lol:

is it a turd or a rope toy?

1257.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    camouflage! :lol::lol:

is it a turd or a rope toy?

1257.jpg

That's perfect! It was very similar to that, the designers really knew what they were doing! :lol:
    Claireack wrote:
    oh that is so sweet and very smart...
    she adores you! :D
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Monty will be having Turkey Necks for his dinner. I hope to get him out for a nice hike in a little while and maybe play some Frisbee later on. He deserves a good holiday too.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Monty will be having Turkey Necks for his dinner. I hope to get him out for a nice hike in a little while and maybe play some Frisbee later on. He deserves a good holiday too.

And so do you!
    Sophie and I wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING
    Pictures taken today.

Sophie saw a bird and pointed it out :mrgreen:

11-24-111.jpg

Just a cute picture....

11-24-112.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Just a cute picture....

11-24-112.jpg
    SENROCK wrote:
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: