~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• RaniRani Posts: 434
    004mpc.th.jpg

hope this works...it's a recent pic of Bailey.
    how do I make the pic bigger? :?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Rani wrote:
    004mpc.th.jpg

she's beautiful! i love huskies
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    A fall evening.... Sophie says Hi... :D

Sophie10-22-11.jpg

sophie is a truly gorgeous dalmatian!
    my very first dog as a child was a dalmatian, she was actually my oldest sister's dog, and she died when i was very young....so i have a really soft spot in my heart for dalmatians. sophie is truly such a beautiful specimen of the breed....fantastic spots!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Rani wrote:
    004mpc.th.jpg

Beautiful doggie! Welcome, Bailey!

Rani, to echo what others have already said, many of us here have been through what you're facing. I never question the cost of caring for my dogs because throughout their lives they give us so much. In 2002, one of my shelties had cancer and we spent $3000 on surgery and treatment for her, only to lose her to an inoperable liver tumor. It was a a big expense for us because I was unemployed at the time. But Buffy gave us many years of happiness and we never regretted it.

My heart goes out to you. I will be wishing all good things for you and Bailey.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    8 inches so far! Monty and Dad playing in the snow.

DSC05564.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    009zsu.th.jpg
    032xu.th.jpg
    Bailey and I...she does this everytime I touch her face...such a sweetheart...just made her some extra lean ground beef...she's eating a bit, so that is good news. :D

002vd.th.png
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Rani wrote:
    004mpc.th.jpg

Bailey is very cute, stay strong Rani.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:

DSC05564.jpg

:o

So who was dad going to throw that snow ball at huh??? ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:

DSC05564.jpg

Where is this?! That much snow already?

There is frost on the ground here, sitting at -1 degree.

And thank you PJ Rocks...been trying to stay strong. I know I upset Bailey when I cry...she feels everything I feel.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Rani wrote:
    032xu.th.jpg
    oh she is lovely, this pic very artistic ... love the colors and Bailey resting on the green ... peaceful

thinking about you both ... positive and strong
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Rani wrote:
    Bailey and I...she does this everytime I touch her face...such a sweetheart...just made her some extra lean ground beef...she's eating a bit, so that is good news. :D

002vd.th.png
    Hey Rani-

Bailey is a beauty :mrgreen: . to answer your question about bigger pics, hit the "quote" button on any of the bigger pics (monty, sophie, etc.) and you'll see how the "computer code" is a little different than yours with imageshack. hard to explain, but I also use photobucket and I "tell" photobucket to import my pics at 640x480, which is as big as this board will allow.

that said, we can click on yours to see bigger versions but, jeez.....some of us are into instant gratification :lol:

take care of yourself and your sweet doggie.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pandora wrote:
    Rani wrote:
    032xu.th.jpg
    oh she is lovely, this pic very artistic ... love the colors and Bailey resting on the green ... peaceful

thinking about you both ... positive and strong

that photo was taken on her first day here at the house in Oshawa back in mid August.

Bailey got her first back yard. Ever. At age 15.

Hence the smile in that photo.

I got this house/backyard for her. So I want her around to enjoy it. We have been here for 2 months...I want her around to enjoy it. It is not time for her to go...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Some of you may remember that early in the summer Django was having problems. He wouldn't eat and was moping around. I tried different diets but with everything I still had to fix all his favorites and tempt him to eat. After taking him to the vet for tests we learned that his cholesterol and triglycerides were ridiculously high.

We switched him to a prescription low fat diet and he loved it! No more problems getting him to eat. He also started taking omega-3 capsules. I took him for follow up testing in September. The vet sent his blood sample to an outside lab and they dropped the vial and broke it! Can you believe that? So we went back a couple of weeks ago and they took another sample. I got his results this past week.

His triglycerides were 672, down from 1589 in June. The goal is to get them close to 500 but he is well on the way. His cholesterol is about the same but that's not a concern according to my vet. His thyroid is still fine. It looks like the problem was acute pancreatitis. Since we caught the problem when we did and he's made such improvements, we've probably held off a chronic problem with his pancreas, which could have led to diabetes.

Best of all though is how happy, frisky, and playful Django is! He acts just like a puppy. I haven't seem him this playful in long time. It's great to have my boy back.
    Some of you may remember that early in the summer Django was having problems. He wouldn't eat and was moping around. I tried different diets but with everything I still had to fix all his favorites and tempt him to eat. After taking him to the vet for tests we learned that his cholesterol and triglycerides were ridiculously high.

We switched him to a prescription low fat diet and he loved it! No more problems getting him to eat. He also started taking omega-3 capsules. I took him for follow up testing in September. The vet sent his blood sample to an outside lab and they dropped the vial and broke it! Can you believe that? So we went back a couple of weeks ago and they took another sample. I got his results this past week.

His triglycerides were 672, down from 1589 in June. The goal is to get them close to 500 but he is well on the way. His cholesterol is about the same but that's not a concern according to my vet. His thyroid is still fine. It looks like the problem was acute pancreatitis. Since we caught the problem when we did and he's made such improvements, we've probably held off a chronic problem with his pancreas, which could have led to diabetes.

Best of all though is how happy, frisky, and playful Django is! He acts just like a puppy. I haven't seem him this playful in long time. It's great to have my boy back.

So glad to hear about this. :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

005vgh.th.jpg

That's Bailey lounging around today.

Note her shaved right front leg (for an IV catheter), and a shaving on top of her head, where they attached her oxygen tube that ran from her nose.

She is shaved in 2 other spots, but you can't see it in the pic. Don't ask how many blood tests were run on her.

She looks pretty good for a dog that was nearly dead Thursday nite with oxygen saturation levels of 60% or slightly below. Poor thing's gums were blue when I brought her in.

The vets now think she has pneumonia. She refused to come out of rain over the last couple weeks, so I'm guessing she came down with it being out there getting pelted on.

She loves her backyard so much, she doesn't want out of there, rain or shine.

She is a fighter.

And to Who Princess, such great news about Django...hugs! What it must feel like when they spring back with life!

Cant wait to read the rest of the thread...only about 523 pages to go.. :lol:

:mrgreen:

We switched him to a prescription low fat diet and he loved it! No more problems getting him to eat. He also started taking omega-3 capsules.
    it was like night and day when we switched gracie to her Limited Ingredient Diet

all it took was a LID to fix her up :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Rani wrote:
    005vgh.th.jpg

She looks pretty good for a dog that was nearly dead Thursday nite with oxygen saturation levels of 60% or slightly below. Poor thing's gums were blue when I brought her in.
    two grand well spent, huh? :mrgreen: :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

We switched him to a prescription low fat diet and he loved it! No more problems getting him to eat. He also started taking omega-3 capsules.
    it was like night and day when we switched gracie to her Limited Ingredient Diet

What brand food have you been giving Gracie ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:
    Rani wrote:
    005vgh.th.jpg

two grand well spent, huh? :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Absolutely!!!

No regrets. I knew in my mind, it wasn't her time.

Today is her best day yet since the emergency last week. Not even a puff of Ventolin needed after some exercise.She is getting back to Bailey that I knew.

Amazing what they can do today in medicine.

Part of that 2000 paid for much more qualified people to watch over her around the clock, test her dependency on oxygen for 36 hours.

They refused to release Bailey to me until they were sure she was not oxygen dependent. Otherwise, they (the vets) would have thought of my choice of bringing her home as selfish, that essentially she would choke to death, and it would be painful. IE Selfish.

Well I made the choice. Glad I did. The needle wasn't her answer.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Great news for both Django and Bailey!!

:D

natural balance sweet potato and fish. she loves it! :mrgreen:

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogfor ... PFish.html

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2011
    the super dog owner (me :mrgreen: ) took gracie to the park, in the snowy slush. this dog is too old to walk, so he just waits in the middle of the park while the other doggies romp :D

Photo0283.jpg

here's gracie....a soaking mess :lol:

Photo0285.jpg
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

Ok...we had to switch Bailey's food awhile back he was getting a ton of ear infections

We've been giving them both Precise it doesnt have the wheat or corn in it

http://precisepet.com/dog-formulas/
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    imalive wrote:

Ok...we had to switch Bailey's food awhile back he was getting a ton of ear infections

We've been giving them both Precise it doesnt have the wheat or corn in it

http://precisepet.com/dog-formulas/
    I think the natural balance is basically salmon and potato....no filler :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

Once again I think you and I are the only ones old enough to get that joke. :P
  • imalive wrote:
    the super dog owner (me :mrgreen: ) took gracie to the park, in the snowy slush. this dog is too old to walk, so he just waits in the middle of the park while the other doggies romp :D

Photo0283.jpg
    But he still likes to come to the park. Love it. :clap:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

Once again I think you and I are the only ones old enough to get that joke. :P

hey! i get it...but i'm not as old as you two :P :lol: