~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    here's a story of a bunch of assholes
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/nyreg ... c_ev=click
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    so i thought this would be a good thread to show off my puppies, who are now 4 months old (and pretty damn adorable if i do say so myself)...meet Luke and Lily...

6064927519_2896c814cc_m.jpg

6065554030_75e61b6420_m.jpg

6065002493_1267ae6705_m.jpg

6074261336_a7e44ae26a_m.jpg

sorry for all the pics...i'm one proud momma ♥♥

sooo soooo cute ... Luke and Lily
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    Yesterday was Turkey day for those of us north of the border...

DSC_0667-1.jpg
    sammi stayed in this position the entire dinner watching everyone eat... she did not move just sat there frozen with eyes on the prize

so precious
    we'll have 6 here for Turkey Day this year
    but we will be missing the 'king of sneak', he would always put on a floor show
    for his plate :lol:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Yesterday was Turkey day for those of us north of the border...

DSC_0667-1.jpg
    sammi stayed in this position the entire dinner watching everyone eat... she did not move just sat there frozen with eyes on the prize
    what a cutie! glad to see sammi back in here :mrgreen:

gracie had a stellar day at the park. it's not a "dog park", per se, but she got to meet a sheltie, a little dog with attitude, two old, old black dogs, a bernese mountain dog, a big brown rottie looking guy and her best friend the samoyed :mrgreen: . the fucking dog catcher would've had a field day :lol:

AND YOU DIDNT TAKE PICTURES?????? :lol: i would have LOVED to have met gracies new pals thru a photo! :D you know me, im a sucker for big doggies!
    and :lol::lol::lol::lol: at the dog catcher!!!

Sammi looks PERFECT!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Today is Uno's 5th anniversary at the Rainbow Bridge.

DSC08118-1.jpg

VERY beautiful! big hugs (even though im late seeing this)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

so i thought this would be a good thread to show off my puppies, who are now 4 months old (and pretty damn adorable if i do say so myself)...meet Luke and Lily...

6064927519_2896c814cc_m.jpg

6065554030_75e61b6420_m.jpg

6065002493_1267ae6705_m.jpg

6074261336_a7e44ae26a_m.jpg

sorry for all the pics...i'm one proud momma ♥♥

Welcome, Luke & Lily! :wave: BEAUTIFUL doggies!!! Make sure to post plennnnnty of pictures! :D

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sophie had to see the vet today, she has been throwing up since 3am. The xray shows something in her tummy, and no it's not food. She was given some stuff to see if it will move. Going back in tomorrow for another xray, sure hope it moves!!!

After being sick all day, she looks so sad and very tired. :(

Sophie10-7-11.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my GOODNESS this picture is TOO perfect!!! :D Im happy shes better though!

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    damned itch! :mrgreen:

Photo0280.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    SENROCK wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    gracie had a stellar day at the park. it's not a "dog park", per se, but she got to meet a sheltie, a little dog with attitude, two old, old black dogs, a bernese mountain dog, a big brown rottie looking guy and her best friend the samoyed :mrgreen: . the fucking dog catcher would've had a field day :lol:

AND YOU DIDNT TAKE PICTURES?????? :lol: i would have LOVED to have met gracies new pals thru a photo! :D you know me, im a sucker for big doggies!
    and :lol::lol::lol::lol: at the dog catcher!!!
    I agree with Sen!
    Of course, any day you meet a sheltie is a stellar day! :P :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Okay, this is sort of weird, but funny. We were at our neighborhood Starbucks with Brian the dog about five months ago when a woman approached us and asked if he was trained. We said he was still a puppy, but he could sit and stay and stuff like that. She said she was a producer for the National Geographic Channel (hey, this is LA) and they were looking for a German shepherd to be in a documentary.

A small part, he would be "Highball," the only surviving witness to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. We said yes - it seemed sort of kooky and silly - my husband took him downtown the next week and he was very well behaved on the set. I think he made $40. They didn't do any shooting (guns) around him, but did a strobe light thing where he looks properly scared.

The show hasn't aired in the U.S. yet but I think it aired in England. I found this on YouTube. Brian appears at about 3:00.

Will our Brian be a movie star?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJrUB8A ... re=related
    Oh, and here's a photo. Very 1929 Chicago.

photo-14-1.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:

photo-14-1.jpg

That is so cool!!! Was his name in the credits??
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Enkidu wrote:

photo-14-1.jpg

awesome!

funny that he got a better gig than his namesake did ;):lol:
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-14-1.jpg

That is so cool!!! Was his name in the credits??

No because the production was so low budget (saving money using a dog they found at Starbucks) he was listed as a prop. Really. The people were super nice though.
    norm wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-14-1.jpg

awesome!

funny that he got a better gig than his namesake did ;):lol:
    BOTH brian wilsons are big stars :mrgreen: (even the beach boys guy, too) . norm can be an ass :lol:

this is no doubt lost on our friends across the pond and the non-baseball followers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Enkidu wrote:

photo-14-1.jpg

Very cool!!! ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

i don't have time right now, but i will post a couple pictures and explain later on tonight, what Sophie decided to munch on this time. Good grief!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Enkidu wrote:
    Okay, this is sort of weird, but funny. We were at our neighborhood Starbucks with Brian the dog about five months ago when a woman approached us and asked if he was trained. We said he was still a puppy, but he could sit and stay and stuff like that. She said she was a producer for the National Geographic Channel (hey, this is LA) and they were looking for a German shepherd to be in a documentary.
    can you ask if they have any need for a 3.5 year old golden who refuses to be brushed, humps legs when excited, jumps on visitors and rarely comes when called? :lol:

she is pretty cute, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Maine vacation for Monty!

DSC05356.jpg
    DSC05358.jpg
    DSC05361.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    So last night after dinner, Sophie puked, i thought what now??? So i look in her kennel and she eat part of her blanket....

Photo02351.jpg

Today i come home for lunch and she tore up and chewed on her bed inside the kennel

Photo02361.jpg

She has been ok so far tonight. I just do not get it! She has been so good in her kennel, until now. Not sure what to do? So when i left again today, she had no bed and no blanket, she looked at me like you really want to go in my kennel....She had to sleep on the hard plastic. I felt bad, but had no choice.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    She has been ok so far tonight. I just do not get it! She has been so good in her kennel, until now. Not sure what to do? So when i left again today, she had no bed and no blanket, she looked at me like you really want to go in my kennel....She had to sleep on the hard plastic. I felt bad, but had no choice.

when i got norm, he chewed up the beds i put in the kennel too...i just ended up putting a couple old towels in there...he didn't chew on those...most likely because he couldn't pull them apart which i think is all he wanted to do anyway :? :lol:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

when i got norm, he chewed up the beds i put in the kennel too...i just ended up putting a couple old towels in there...he didn't chew on those...most likely because he couldn't pull them apart which i think is all he wanted to do anyway :? :lol:

What if she tries to eat the towels??? Good grief i tell ya!
    I will put a towel in tomorrow, try it at least. Thanks for the idea Norm :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

then she gets to sleep on cold, hard plastic and like it!! :P :lol::lol:
    imalive wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:
    can you ask if they have any need for a 3.5 year old golden who refuses to be brushed, humps legs when excited, jumps on visitors and rarely comes when called? :lol:

she is pretty cute, tho.

Maybe my husband can be a talent agent - he joked about getting Brian head shots. At least I think he was joking. I bet he can make Gracie a star.

And you (and Norm) will appreciate this - as they were getting ready to shoot Brian's big scene my husband noticed that Brian was wearing his San Francisco Giants collar and he told the assistant director, "Um, you might want to get rid of that."
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Towels are a great idea, why didn't we think of that (three dog beds later)? I saw in a catalogue some kind of "chew proof" dog bed. I think it cost as much as a car though.
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    gracie shredded everything we ever put in her kennel or dog run....beds, towels, carpet :roll: . she ended up getting the hard plastic, hard concrete treatment.

it paid off...she now takes up most of our bed. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Enkidu wrote:
    And you (and Norm) will appreciate this - as they were getting ready to shoot Brian's big scene my husband noticed that Brian was wearing his San Francisco Giants collar and he told the assistant director, "Um, you might want to get rid of that."

:lol::lol:
    Enkidu wrote:
    Towels are a great idea, why didn't we think of that (three dog beds later)? I saw in a catalogue some kind of "chew proof" dog bed. I think it cost as much as a car though.

They are not cheap, for some reason i am not in a rock n roll band, so towels it is.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:
    gracie shredded everything we ever put in her kennel or dog run....beds, towels, carpet :roll: . she ended up getting the hard plastic, hard concrete treatment.

it paid off...she now takes up most of our bed. :lol:

Just where you sleep correct?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2