~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• poor Sailor!! Glad he seems to be in good spirits tho...hope the other doggies arent making too much fun of him :lol:
    Frontline is the way to go...better safe than sorry. It can be expensive tho...I usually start it in March or April and then go thru October, using it every other month. They tell you do do it year round, but I dont really see the point since the ground is usually frozen, or its at least cold enough outside so that the fleas and ticks are dead from November-February. There may be some concern using it on 3 dogs that live together tho...not sure how they play together, but a lot of dogs will bite each other at the neck when playing, so you'll want to keep an eye out for that and prevent it or stop it when you can...because the frontline is not to be ingested. It will usually dry up in a few days tho and then they'll be fine to resume play as usual.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• JzPJzP Posts: 933
    th_Conehead.jpg

Poor Sailor.

:lol: Poor pooch :( gotta keep fighting them fleas though, especially if they are out romping in the woods. It's a non-stop battle. At least it sounds like he's still in good spirits.
    ~JzP
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Thanks all! Sailor is doing so much better, I can't believe the difference in the hot spot. It's drying up nicely. This has been quite an adventure for my sweet boy.

TT, I was concerned about Frontline for that very reason. I've always tried to avoid stuff like that, but boy he has suffered with this so I have to take that into account now.

My three don't play quite like that. Sailor doesn't engage other dogs in play except for Tessie (and in the past the Late, Great Seamus for a game of chase-me-chase-you). He doesn't like it if other dogs approach him roughly. He's so well mannered, but he just does not like to play with other dogs. Sweet Pea occasionally play bows to other dogs, but then trots off in her own world. She has little interest in other dogs. Tessie is the one who would romp and run and play bite with anyone, all day long.

Ticks are just the most disgusting thing ever. Ugh. For that reason alone, I never let them off leash in the woods. Ticks are everywhere up here now, it's so awful. We had a terrible experience with Seamus on Martha's Vineyard years ago, and my brother-in-law had the same thing in Nantucket this year. Came home with both dogs loaded with ticks.

Yuck.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    A little cartoon to cheer you guys up...and to make unlost laugh a bit...(It's ok Sailor...Waldo had a hot spot on the top of his head...that's right..smack dab in the middle of his head..and he had to wear a cone too)

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... cepts.html
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    A little cartoon to cheer you guys up...and to make unlost laugh a bit...(It's ok Sailor...Waldo had a hot spot on the top of his head...that's right..smack dab in the middle of his head..and he had to wear a cone too)

I LOVE THIS!!! Oh my God, it's fantastic!

Simple Dog, if dark brown, looks exactly like my Tessie (who isn't simple at all). The ears, the way she carries her head, the questionmark tail... it's uncanny! Even the big round eyes and the way she curls up.

Thanks for posting that!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    4and20 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

norm's a little nutty but i'm so glad he's not neurotic...not sure i could handle it :twisted: :lol::lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

norm's a little nutty but i'm so glad he's not neurotic...not sure i could handle it :twisted: :lol::lol:

my dog is like simple dog...every time we open any type of cheese product, he will stop whatever it is that he's doing, and start making that 'eeeeeeeeeeee' sound and sit and drool and stare at us...and the snow? well...
    l_2e19a31651944ff3af74d419871d2e66.jpg

I still love the goober!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    lazy saturday

IMG_20101120_122917.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    4and20 wrote:

:lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    lazy saturday

He looks so comfy :D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    norm wrote:
    lazy saturday

IMG_20101120_122917.jpg

Hi, norm! :wave:

gracie's "new thing" is chewing on sticks.....which is fine.....until she wakes me two nights in a row, throwing up sticks! :shock: :roll:

Photo0188.jpg

Photo0189.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :wave:

norm eats sticks too but only when i'm out back with him...not sure i've never seen him throw them up
  • norm wrote:
    :wave:

norm eats sticks too but only when i'm out back with him...not sure i've never seen him throw them up
    Adding fiber to his diet? :P :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    haffajappa wrote:

Oh my God that is a riot!!!

Sailor was so good about wearing the Cone of Shame this weekend. The hot spot is healing beautifully, but it still looks a bit fragile so the only time I took it off was when he was entering the show site to run on the course. He was such a good boy. When he was done, I'd hold out the cone and he'd put his head right into it. He is such a sweet fellow...
  • It's so weird not having a doggie. I mean there's a dog here where I live ( my sister's dog), but I miss MY doggies. They were such a strange pair.. I tried to see if any pics had survived, but I don't htink any did. I could not find one pic of them.. ( we had a major flood last year). well I have the pics my sis took of Ace before he died, but all my pics of Momo are gone. Anyhow, I've finally started thinking about what kinda dog I want this time around, and let me tell you.. after two wolf dogs( whose wolf lineage hailed from Romania), I will not only never have another wolf dog becasue of the work and stress factor, but the grooming factor was insane!!It'd take me two hours to groom each one, so all together four hours. I rotated days, MoMo one day, Ace the next.It was just too much to groom both one right after the other. So I definately want a short haired dog. However as a rescue operator, I find doggies that I wish I could keep all the time. So ya never know maybe a dog will just pick me like the boys did. Hope whomever I get, they will enjoy their forever home with me..sorry I'm doggie daydreaming.
    haffajappa wrote:

Sailor was so good about wearing the Cone of Shame this weekend. The hot spot is healing beautifully, but it still looks a bit fragile so the only time I took it off was when he was entering the show site to run on the course. He was such a good boy. When he was done, I'd hold out the cone and he'd put his head right into it. He is such a sweet fellow...
    what kind of mean old Mom won't spring for the Comfy Cone? :? ;):lol:

Comfy_Cone.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • wow about freaking time they made a comfier cone!! that's soooooooooo cute!!!
    imalive wrote:

Comfy_Cone.jpg

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!? I have to Google it _ Mr. Unlost said this was all they had at the vet, he wanted to cut it down, but I said no because I was afraid the edges would be sharp, or he'd be able to reach his face.
    WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!? I have to Google it _ Mr. Unlost said this was all they had at the vet, he wanted to cut it down, but I said no because I was afraid the edges would be sharp, or he'd be able to reach his face.

after my experience with the lamp shade, i bought one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Inc-Pro ... B001FKBZL2

and keep it on hand if i ever need it again
    norm wrote:

That looks comfy.. but would it prevent a Lab from scratching his face with his hind leg? The hot spot was below and just forward of his right ear.
    norm wrote:

That looks comfy.. but would it prevent a Lab from scratching his face with his hind leg? The hot spot was below and just forward of his right ear.

don't know...i haven't had a chance to use it (and hopefully never will) :)
  • norm wrote:

don't know that cutting any cone down is a good idea. as for your doggie, is it a nervous thing or a skin condition? I had a lab ( a rescue member, he has a great home now) that ate his poor tail dock raw, to the point it'd scab up. and he had dry dermatitis. So I was just wondering
  • ok duh I can read I swear .. I know what a hot spot is.. wow poor guy.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    It's so weird not having a doggie. I mean there's a dog here where I live ( my sister's dog), but I miss MY doggies. They were such a strange pair.. I tried to see if any pics had survived, but I don't htink any did. I could not find one pic of them.. ( we had a major flood last year). well I have the pics my sis took of Ace before he died, but all my pics of Momo are gone. Anyhow, I've finally started thinking about what kinda dog I want this time around, and let me tell you.. after two wolf dogs( whose wolf lineage hailed from Romania), I will not only never have another wolf dog becasue of the work and stress factor, but the grooming factor was insane!!It'd take me two hours to groom each one, so all together four hours. I rotated days, MoMo one day, Ace the next.It was just too much to groom both one right after the other. So I definately want a short haired dog. However as a rescue operator, I find doggies that I wish I could keep all the time. So ya never know maybe a dog will just pick me like the boys did. Hope whomever I get, they will enjoy their forever home with me..sorry I'm doggie daydreaming.

I love this post. Its what im feeling. My sister in law told me last weekend that she was getting a bulldog puppy. I cant exxxplain the happiness i felt. She asked me if it was a good idea and i responded with "YES! i NEEEEED a doggie in my life!!!" :lol: sure it wouldnt have been MINE but......it was close enough! I miss MY doggie but ANY doggie in the fam will do for now. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    imalive wrote:

Comfy_Cone.jpg

petco, petsmart, they should all have them.

it was bad enough when Gracie had her tumor removed :cry: but at least dad hooked her up with the Comfy Cone! :mrgreen:

IMG_2433.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • looks alot better then that plastic crap.
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
    And you don't have to repaint all the woodwork around your doorways and stair edges.

I was impressed that he figured out how to drink with it on. I worked from home the end of last week I was so worried about him getting stuck or dehyrated with it on,
    happy birthday NoCode_inMT!!! Wherever you are i hope you are having fun with the doggies!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

Happy Thanksgiving, frenz! I hope all the beautiful doggies of yours enjoy a nice feast! Remember to give them all an exxxtra scooby snack! :D