Options

Where are you going for Thankgiving?

124»

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Thats right. I make a mean pecan pie and damn good mashed potatoes. PLUS.....i ALWAYS make exxxtra cheesey lasagna for thanksgiving as well! AND.....after the 90210 marathon, we'll head out to my birthday party in huntington beach!!!!! :D dunk, you're invited too!!!!

huntington beach.
    i remember driving through there after dropping off a load of pipe
    for some oil refinery the to the west of huntington beach.

i believe i parked my truck on a tennis court in huntington beach and
    some fuckers loaded my semi trailers with benches from some tennis tournament.

they have thanksgiving in huntington beach and the surrounding area?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    chadwick wrote:
    huntington beach.
    i remember driving through there after dropping off a load of pipe
    for some oil refinery the to the west of huntington beach.

i believe i parked my truck on a tennis court in huntington beach and
    some fuckers loaded my semi trailers with benches from some tennis tournament.

they have thanksgiving in huntington beach and the surrounding area?
    yes sir they do!!! :D I promise you'll have a great time at my birthday party!!! I'll even make you turkey sammiches with the leftovers!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Thanksgiving. I'm a turkey-aholic.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yes sir they do!!! :D I promise you'll have a great time at my birthday party!!! I'll even make you turkey sammiches with the leftovers!!!!

i like lasagna too.
    italian food for thanksgiving is fine.
    do you put cottage cheese in it?
    its not turkey lasagna is it?
    although i have had that and it is good.
    turkey burger lasagna is tasty.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i like lasagna too.
    italian food for thanksgiving is fine.
    do you put cottage cheese in it?
    its not turkey lasagna is it?
    although i have had that and it is good.
    turkey burger lasagna is tasty.

if i told you what i put in lasagna i'd have to kill you and....we are cool so im not gonna tell you! :D i WILL tell you that i dont eat meat so i make 2 different trays; one without and one with. And i bake tons of desserts. I used to be addicted to baking but i dont have anyone to do it for anymore so im free yay!!!! :D we'll need to get you aquainted with the characters of the 9. That way you know who's who in the episodes...... :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Thanksgiving. I'm a turkey-aholic.

my brother said exxxactly that last night. "i am a turkey-aholic!" He said we need to get those huge sofa pillows to toss everywhere that way when the turkey makes you sleepy, u can just nap anywhere and then wake up and start eating again! :D

• Options
    Anywhere but the hospital I hope.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    SENROCK! wrote:
    my brother said exxxactly that last night. "i am a turkey-aholic!" He said we need to get those huge sofa pillows to toss everywhere that way when the turkey makes you sleepy, u can just nap anywhere and then wake up and start eating again! :D
    DUDE...that's a great idea! Tell him to call me!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    YAY!!!

we're NOT going to ruth chris...but somewhere entirely new....and i actually got to choose it! :eek: :p:D

hahaha.
    seriously, my husband was NOT happy about the ruth chris choice....and annoyed how my bro-in-law always chooses. so i was still leaving it up to my sis & husband, but was saying a no to ruth chris....gave a few other, new choices....or basiclly said anywhere but there.

ends up, after all this my bro-in-law isn't even joining us! i don't know the full reasons why....just heard he's really cranky - had the mega dental work done....he's still depressed over his father's death (at 93) a couple months ago, etc....so he doesn't want to go. amazingly, my sister still is coming, she said he's driving her nuts, haha...so i think she's looking forward to it.

so yea....it's sad her hubby won't make it - although made the reservation to include him just in case he changes his mind - but i am simply HAPPY to be going somewhere NEW! menu looks awesome and eclectic, the restaurant is gorgeous....still pricey but not insane, but worth it b/c it should have something for everyone....and a bit more 'exotic' flavors and such to appeal to me and my sis. YAY!

so yea...still the same original answer - a restaurant.
    just a FAR better choice!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    thus the utter humor in reading a post by you accusing someone else of arrogance. ;)

and i WILL! most definitely! counting down the days b/c my birthday...then thanksgiving...the kick-off to the holiday season and i LOVE the holiday season! :D

are you a sag too? i agree.. i loooove the holiday season.. there is thanksgiving which rolls right into my bday and then who really works hard in the month of december.. and this year christmas and new years day are both on thursdays.. sooo i'm crossing my fingers for fridays off.

i will be venturing down to jersey to see the fam. i'm looking forward to it.. i miss my dog.. and its just a day filled of nothing but PJs, eating and sitting by the fire relaxing. plus this is the first year with my brothers wife and my fiance.. fun fun!!!

ps- d2d have you ever been to balthazar? fabulous place and could be fun for the holidays.. although i'm always a sucker for the 4 season too. my mama raised me right
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    I will be in NJ with my family.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    My parents and my in-laws both live within driving distance so it is Thursday at one place and Friday at the other place and we alternate each year. Someday I guess we will pass the baton and everyone will come to my place.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That takes snow birding to a whole new level!
    oh yeah- that move was done on purpose!! my grandma absolutely hates the cold, so it was pretty obvious when they made the decision to live there for 1/2 the year that they were gonna go during our winter!!
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    are you a sag too? i agree.. i loooove the holiday season.. there is thanksgiving which rolls right into my bday and then who really works hard in the month of december.. and this year christmas and new years day are both on thursdays.. sooo i'm crossing my fingers for fridays off.

i will be venturing down to jersey to see the fam. i'm looking forward to it.. i miss my dog.. and its just a day filled of nothing but PJs, eating and sitting by the fire relaxing. plus this is the first year with my brothers wife and my fiance.. fun fun!!!

ps- d2d have you ever been to balthazar? fabulous place and could be fun for the holidays.. although i'm always a sucker for the 4 season too. my mama raised me right

even better......i am on the cusp, so i am a scorpio/sagittarian. sexxxy fun. ;)

and no, i have never been to balthazar, there are very few really *in* trendy restaurants i've been to, altho a few here or there. anyhoo i work in the city, but live on long island....so it's a swank local place we shall be hitting up. thankfully, the island has really stepped it up restuarant, and now there are many restuarants that rival manhattans, and many restaurantuers who open places in both!

*i will make a note tho...perhaps hubby and i will go sometime after work. :cool:

btw - who works hard during the holiday season? teachers and retail saleshelp for starters :p....both of which i used to do. now, sure, total sloth work-wise from october 15th thru january 15th, pretty much anyway....and it is beeeeeaaaaauuuuttttteeeeeeeeeeeeFULL! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    even better......i am on the cusp, so i am a scorpio/sagittarian. sexxxy fun. ;)

and no, i have never been to balthazar, there are very few really *in* trendy restaurants i've been to, altho a few here or there. anyhoo i work in the city, but live on long island....so it's a swank local place we shall be hitting up. thankfully, the island has really stepped it up restuarant, and now there are many restuarants that rival manhattans, and many restaurantuers who open places in both!

*i will make a note tho...perhaps hubby and i will go sometime after work. :cool:

btw - who works hard during the holiday season? teachers and retail saleshelp for starters :p....both of which i used to do. now, sure, total sloth work-wise from october 15th thru january 15th, pretty much anyway....and it is beeeeeaaaaauuuuttttteeeeeeeeeeeeFULL! :cool:

you are indeed missy!

it sounds like your thanksgiving will be most thankful this year! this happens to be my favorite meal so i can't wait.

do you get a birthday cake on thanksgiving too? so much fun. it always ensures that i get to pick the dessert every year. i usually pick chocolate mousse pie.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    you are indeed missy!

it sounds like your thanksgiving will be most thankful this year! this happens to be my favorite meal so i can't wait.

do you get a birthday cake on thanksgiving too? so much fun. it always ensures that i get to pick the dessert every year. i usually pick chocolate mousse pie.

it will be.
    i am really not a fan of thanksgiving food, and my birthday occasionally falls on thanksgiving, so all the more as a child i really didn't like that. :o dictating what food i ate on my birthday. haha. however, nowadays with the restaurant scenario = bliss! i usually have shrimp or salmon for thanksgiving.

so yea, anyhoo....we ALL pick out our own desserts on thanksgiving, another bonus of restaurants. :D i LOVE pumpkin pie.....or anything chocolate......or both. ;)

ya know, it's kinda sad really....i cannot remember the last time i had a birthday cake! :( we always go out for dinner for my birthday, and sure...sometimes i order dessert, but my husband never asks them to put candles on my dessert. i *know* he doesn't like that kind of attnetion, but *i* do! hahaha. it's my birthday dammnit, so yes..i like to have candles and people sing me happy birthday! it hasn't happened in forever! and yea......unless my birthday IS on thanksgiving, no birthday cake. i may get gifts/cards then, but no cake. so yea....poor me....hahaha. i've even said to my husband how it's been sooo long sinc i've gotten to 'make a wish'...blow out candles......who knows if he'll actually remember i am not like him and like this stuff. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

pardon my manners i didn't even mention a thing about your b-day.
    is it on thanksgiving?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    pardon my manners i didn't even mention a thing about your b-day.
    is it on thanksgiving?

haha its all good! its the day BEFORE fat bird day but i celebrate all week like a true BADDA$$!!!! :D