Options

Where are you going for Thankgiving?

Comments

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    restaurant.

pretty much what we do every year nowadays as our celebrations have grown smaller and adult. so me, hubby, mom, sister and her hubby...all out to dinner. only 'crap' portion of it is sister's hubby is UBER picky, pain in the ass......and so of the 6 thanksgivings we've spent together, only once have we ever picked a place. so this year we go to ruth's chris steakhouse....pricey and a steakhouse. bleh. about the only one pleased with that will be bro-in-law....and he's having mega dental work so probably wont enjoy it in any case. :rolleyes: typical. whatever. i kindly suggested some 'change' for next year, as in....get a gip and get more open/flexible about places to go :p.....but for now, always HAPPY to get together with my family for the holiday. so yes...picking up my mom at her condo, and driving to a restaurant under 3 miles from home...then back t our house for coffee and pie afterwards. :)

BUT, but, what about leftover turkey sandwiches? My god!!!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    :D i'm having it at home yeahhh no traveling for me just having my two brothers in law over ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    - going to church
    - watching football (go seahawks!)
    - helping my grandma cook for 32 people...and that's on an "away" year for some of our family!
  • Options
    restaurant.

pretty much what we do every year nowadays as our celebrations have grown smaller and adult. so me, hubby, mom, sister and her hubby...all out to dinner. only 'crap' portion of it is sister's hubby is UBER picky, pain in the ass......and so of the 6 thanksgivings we've spent together, only once have we ever picked a place. so this year we go to ruth's chris steakhouse....pricey and a steakhouse. bleh. about the only one pleased with that will be bro-in-law....and he's having mega dental work so probably wont enjoy it in any case. :rolleyes: typical. whatever. i kindly suggested some 'change' for next year, as in....get a gip and get more open/flexible about places to go :p.....but for now, always HAPPY to get together with my family for the holiday. so yes...picking up my mom at her condo, and driving to a restaurant under 3 miles from home...then back t our house for coffee and pie afterwards. :)

I went to Ruth Chris's in Chicago last year for my anniversary, and I can say I was underwhelmed. It was so pricey... I mean, it was decent, but there seems to be money in the name at that place.

Good luck to you though, I often wish we could just go out and have a nice dinner and then go home and relax. One year I had christmas dinner at the Weber Grill. Not that its a super fancy, super wonderful place, but it was tasty, and so low key...

I need some low key-ness in my life.
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    BUT, but, what about leftover turkey sandwiches? My god!!!

nope.

i am really not a big fan of traditional thanksgiving day food, none of us really are. well hubby likes it, and oftentimes he'll get a small turkey - normally our supermarket gives 1 for free with a certain $$$ purchase, but not this year! - and hell make up his own little thanksgiving meal before or after the holiday. however, almost all restaurants let you order off their regular menu ANd have a special holiday menu....so he can have the tradtional meal day of if he so desires, and still have leftovers. :)

me, more than likely....i'll be having salmon or shrimp. :D

gray - i have been there before, with bro-in-law & family....and yes, underwhelmed. the fact that i am not a steak fan i am sure 'helps' my disinterest, and yea...pricey! believe me, i have no qualms about spending $$$ for a great meal, but yea.....just not the place for me. plenty of other places....but whatever. make the best of it, and sure...always great to spend some holiday time with mom. :) and it IS awesome, no mess! i don't cook in any case....but i realize how much work/$$$ it is to host.....so this is perfect for us. christmas is about the only holiday we have at home, at my sister's house....and picky bro-in-law cooks. :p all else - restaurants baby! :D

my life is VERY low-key, relaxed....just as i like it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Right smack dab in the middle of freezing cold nowhere. Riverton Wyoming.
    Is that any worse than Evanston? That's where we'll be :p. We'll buy beer at Lottie's (shithole) Truck Stop.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    The hotness known as Midland MI :rolleyes:

Giggity, giggity. It doesn't get much better than Midland. :D
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i'm going to my house for thanksgiving.
    it's a short walk.
    on thanksgiving morning i'll walk from my bedroom to the kitchen and
    then the dining room table were i will have turkey and ham with all the yummy bullshit that goes with it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    chadwick wrote:
    i'm going to my house for thanksgiving.
    it's a short walk.
    on thanksgiving morning i'll walk from my bedroom to the kitchen and
    then the dining room table were i will have turkey and ham with all the yummy bullshit that goes with it.

Hey Chad, make sure you clear the day after thanksgiving cuz theres a 90210 marathon from 11am-11pm!!!! Get out the leftovers baby!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Hey Chad, make sure you clear the day after thanksgiving cuz theres a 90210 marathon from 11am-11pm!!!! Get out the leftovers baby!!!!! :D

holy shit, you truly are insane ;)
    funny girl you are :)

here are 3 things i would rather do than watch a 90210 thanksgiving day marathon.

1.) set my hair on fire using one quart of 10w40 motor oil as the accelerator.
    2.) wrench my testicales down in a bench vice as 3 midgets beat me with drum sticks they stole from tommy lee.
    3.) strip down nake while tossing down a whole package of thumb tacks on the kitchen floor so i can roll around on them for a few hours.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    holy shit, you truly are insane ;)
    funny girl you are :)

here are 3 things i would rather do than watch a 90210 thanksgiving day marathon.

1.) set my hair on fire using one quart of 10w40 motor oil as the accelerator.
    2.) wrench my testicales down in a bench vice as 3 midgets beat me with drum sticks they stole from tommy lee.
    3.) strip down nake while tossing down a whole package of thumb tacks on the kitchen floor so i can roll around on them for a few hours.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i knew you would love that! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i knew you would love that! :D

oh i do..
    it is priceless..

thank you for the update on 90210 and its thanksgiving day marathon.
    i will be sure to wedge a stick of t-n-t into the television if that show even comes on the screen.

or

i will lick the tv screen,,,,

your choice, yes/no?

(hopefully the screen isn't dusty)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    when is it?

how typically ignorant of those yanks dunk.. not one of them replied to your question!! typical arrogant armenians
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I hopefully am not doing anything but scratching my butt and watching the Macy's Parade, then a little football. However my wife is currently fighting with her parents as to why we don't want to drive 2 hours to go spend it with family we only see on Holidays. You know, the twice a year relatives.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    how typically ignorant of those yanks dunk.. not one of them replied to your question!! typical arrogant armenians

i havent a clue.
    i just show up when it's time.

arrogant? me?
    never :D

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    oh i do..
    it is priceless..

thank you for the update on 90210 and its thanksgiving day marathon.
    i will be sure to wedge a stick of t-n-t into the television if that show even comes on the screen.

or

i will lick the tv screen,,,,

your choice, yes/no?

(hopefully the screen isn't dusty)
    the licking of the tv screen will do. :D

dunk, fat bird/turkey day is the 27th of this month!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

you got a deal.
    if 90210 comes on my tv during the thanksgiving day marathon i will in fact lick the tv screen.

shake on it?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i havent a clue.
    i just show up when it's time.

arrogant? me?
    never :D

ok someone told me.. 27th of Nov :)

nah you're not arrogant... but you have one of your own posts as your signature... thats quite arrogant... did someone quote it and tell you it was funny? :p

Nov 27th... i'll be going to work.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

thanks senrockington the IVth :)

we have a fat bird day every saturday here in the UK.. its held in every nightclub in Newcastle at around 2am
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

nah you're not arrogant... but you have one of your own posts as your signature... thats quite arrogant... did someone quote it and tell you it was funny? :p

fuck no, i think it is hilarious all on my own.
    if it wasn't funny or i didn't like it alot it wouldn't be my signature.

hence why it is there:D

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

ha!

i seem to recall you having a quote or two of yours as your own sig. hysterical these short-term memories. ;)

and yes......no work on the 27th...or the 28th....beautiful 4 day weekend, followed by a week of vacation. bliss!

so the 27th must be one of of the 47 days of the year you actually have to go to work eh? poor you.........:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ha!

i seem to recall you having a quote or two of yours as your own sig. hysterical these short-term memories. ;)

and yes......no work on the 27th...or the 28th....beautiful 4 day weekend, followed by a week of vacation. bliss!

so the 27th must be one of of the 47 days of the year you actually have to go to work eh? poor you.........: D

aye but my quotes are great. :) chad's is alright... certainly not sig worthy.. but there you go ;):p

enjoy your holidays you lot :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    aye but my quotes are great. chad's is alright... certainly not sig worthy.. but there you go ;):p

enjoy your holidays you lot :)

thus the utter humor in reading a post by you accusing someone else of arrogance. ;)

and i WILL! most definitely! counting down the days b/c my birthday...then thanksgiving...the kick-off to the holiday season and i LOVE the holiday season! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my grandparents house, like usual. gonna see them before they go to israel for the next 6 months :(
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    my grandparents house, like usual. gonna see them before they go to israel for the next 6 months :(

That takes snow birding to a whole new level!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    K.LOK.LO Posts: 163
    Am going to a redneck town deep in the "Hill Country" of Texas...unfortunately. My grandma lives there, and this may sound mean, but she's my mom's mother and my mom would rather go to her mother-in-law's. Doesn't look like this trip is going to go well. At least we can stop by Dublin, Texas along the way...the place where the glass bottled Dr. Peppers are made. :D
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I had planned on driving 6 hours to Seattle to meet my boyfriends family, but was just told 10 minutes ago from my boss..."sorry, we need you in the office the day after Thanksgiving" you can't take the day off..you tell me this a little over a fuckin week before the holiday??? Corporate fukin bullshit...I almost cried right there on the spot! ASo, he gets to spend time with family, while I am stuck here alone!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm going to Wisconsin to spend Thanksgiving with my parents, brother and sis in law, and my husband. I'm vegetarian, so I'll be making my annual veggie lasagna. I can't wait! :D
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    i am going to SENROCK's house so we can eat a ton of stuff
    and watch endless 90210 re-runs and pig out on turkey, stuffing, and smashed up potatoes with lots of corn. (i mix my corn with my smashed potatoes)
    and for dessert we are having pecan pie warmed up with french vanilla ice cream on top and you guessed it, more 90210.

i am looking forward to this major thanksgiving day 90210 marathon event.
    i am stoked and almost very ecstatic.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i am going to SENROCK's house so we can eat a ton of stuff
    and watch endless 90210 re-runs and pig out on turkey, stuffing, and smashed up potatoes with lots of corn. (i mix my corn with my smashed potatoes)
    and for dessert we are having pecan pie warmed up with french vanilla ice cream on top and you guessed it, more 90210.

i am looking forward to this major thanksgiving day 90210 marathon event.
    i am stoked and almost very ecstatic.

Thats right. I make a mean pecan pie and damn good mashed potatoes. PLUS.....i ALWAYS make exxxtra cheesey lasagna for thanksgiving as well! AND.....after the 90210 marathon, we'll head out to my birthday party in huntington beach!!!!! :D dunk, you're invited too!!!!