Options

Where are you going for Thankgiving?

Comments

• Options
    imalive wrote:
    Actually, GS, I'm going to the land of all that "tension"....... Salt Lake City! :D

That reminds me.. check your PM for the reviews my mom sent me. I swear if I get one more phone call from a frantic parent going on and on about Utah....

My family is so anti religion, its actually quite scary... interestingly enough, I go to the largest Catholic university in the US. Go figure, right?
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I usually have a big Thanksgiving at my parents' house, but this year I am going to my girlfriend's mother's house and there is another older couple who will be there too. It will be weird for me to have Thanksgiving dinner with only 5 people. Probably sort of a welcome change in a way.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    The Bar!!! Oh, wait, that's X-Mas. :p

Does anyone deliver on Thanksgiving? I think I'll be staying home with hubby and the furry little ones.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    interestingly enough, I go to the largest Catholic university in the US.

Which would be what? :confused: BC?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    NICE! I won't be far. I will be in Hot Springs.

Awesome! I love Hot Springs... except I haven't been there in years and it's the only place in Arkansas I've ever beened pulled over by the police. Nicest cop ever though! Have fun! :)
  • Options
    Across the street! :D

This is the first year that my husband and I haven't hosted Thanksgiving since we met, so it'll be weird. We'll still make a bunch of food to take with us... I'm looking for some reasonably healthy recipes to make!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am going to my bro's house.
    And I must sincerely apologize for making fun of my sister-in-law's cooking on here last year. :o
    She really did a wonderful job last year. I was pleasantly surprised. :)
    Even tho my bro tried to kill us by undercooking the turkey. :rolleyes:
    I am looking forward to it again this year.
    I am bringing a gravy separator. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Which would be what? :confused: BC?

DePaul University
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    TrixieCat wrote:
    And I must sincerely apologize for making fun of my sister-in-law's cooking on here last year. :o
    She really did a wonderful job last year. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

how many slices does your brother give you each? of his wifes gravy I mean :p
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    TrixieCat wrote:
    And I must sincerely apologize for making fun of my sister-in-law's cooking on here last year. : o
    She really did a wonderful job last year. I was pleasantly surprised. : )

boy you make it sound so appetizing i want to go :eek: :p:D
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    how many slices does your brother give you each? of his wifes gravy I mean :p
    Ew...:p
    She puts this big measuring cup full of gravy on the table and it has not been separated..you know, the fat is just sitting on the top! :eek: One of the downfalls of homemade gravy.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    boy you make it sound so appetizing i want to go :eek: :p:D
    rotflmao
    I didn't mean it to sound so bad.
    :o
    There is always lots of wine and my SIL's mom makes the best dessert!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    TrixieCat wrote:
    rotflmao
    I didn't mean it to sound so bad.
    :o
    There is always lots of wine and my SIL's mom makes the best dessert!

lots of wine.....it's the only way i can get through family gathering :o:D
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Ew...:p
    She puts this big measuring cup full of gravy on the table and it has not been separated..you know, the fat is just sitting on the top! :eek: One of the downfalls of homemade gravy.

mmmmmm, sounds delicious :o
    I'd take packed lunch if I was you, I mean you did say her cooking sucks more than a vaccuum cleaner in a mens shower room :p
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    mmmmmm, sounds delicious :o
    I'd take packed lunch if I was you, I mean you did say her cooking sucks more than a vaccuum cleaner in a mens shower room :p
    :eek:
    If my defense, I just publicly apologized for saying her food wasn't fit for a dog last year.
    Honestly tho, it was lovely last year. And they just had the kitchen re-done and it looks amazing. I was thankful last year for her lovely meal and the fact that she didn't make that potato cheese thingy.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :eek:
    If my defense, I just publicly apologized for saying her food wasn't fit for a dog last year.
    Honestly tho, it was lovely last year. And they just had the kitchen re-done and it looks amazing. I was thankful last year for her lovely meal and the fact that she didn't make that potato cheese thingy.

oh you did? I must've missed that. Last I saw you were saying you'd rather eat the wet hay from the bottom of my rabbits house than have a spoonful of her turkey.
    But I believe you...potato cheese thingy...lol :D
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Keeping it local....going to my brother's about 15mins away.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Going to Vegas for a friends wedding. I will be there for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see what it's like there on Turkey Day. hopefully they have some restaurants with good food.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,868
    we're going to my Aunt's house as usual, But It will be my first with my mother in law and I get to meet my newest cousin!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    You too! Where abouts in Michigan are you headed?

Kalamazoo/Allegan. And you?
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Kalamazoo/Allegan. And you?

The hotness known as Midland MI :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Oooh I see where chicago lies in your heart.. second place! I'll take pictures of Cooper and Winston. Last time I saw cooper, he was just a baby!

no way!!!! you KNOW how much i heart chicago!!!!! :D Its easy to see chicago at anytime but kid rock......not so much!!!! :( and i will DEFINITELY be going CRAZY on thanksgiving watching Storytellers!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    when is it?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I rented a big house at a ski slope in Maine. All my sons,my mom and her boyfriend and my sisters family are all going for 4 nights! I am sooo excited to NOT be hosting this year, first time in 12 years I won't have 20 something sleeping and eating at my house for a week straight! I can drink and have fun for once...because everyone is required to make part of the meal! Really looking forward to it.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Right smack dab in the middle of freezing cold nowhere. Riverton Wyoming.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    We should have Thanksgiving in the UK... sucks that we don't get an extra holiday or an excuse to eat ourselves silly, apart from Christmas and Easter...

Hey! Maybe we could have "Stiff upper lip day" where we celebrate our heritage and all that's English! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    We should have Thanksgiving in the UK... sucks that we don't get an extra holiday or an excuse to eat ourselves silly, apart from Christmas and Easter...

Hey! Maybe we could have "Stiff upper lip day" where we celebrate our heritage and all that's English! :D

yeah but you get all those "Bank Holidays" :rolleyes:

You should do like we in the US for our college football bowls, get sponsorship.

Like the August one could be RBS Holiday?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I LOVE THANKGIVING!

going to cousin's place in annapolis
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    restaurant.

pretty much what we do every year nowadays as our celebrations have grown smaller and adult. so me, hubby, mom, sister and her hubby...all out to dinner. only 'crap' portion of it is sister's hubby is UBER picky, pain in the ass......and so of the 6 thanksgivings we've spent together, only once have we ever picked a place. so this year we go to ruth's chris steakhouse....pricey and a steakhouse. bleh. about the only one pleased with that will be bro-in-law....and he's having mega dental work so probably wont enjoy it in any case. :rolleyes: typical. whatever. i kindly suggested some 'change' for next year, as in....get a gip and get more open/flexible about places to go :p.....but for now, always HAPPY to get together with my family for the holiday. so yes...picking up my mom at her condo, and driving to a restaurant under 3 miles from home...then back t our house for coffee and pie afterwards. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Well I plan on 'giving thanks' this year for thanksgiving :D

I'll probably eat too... maybe be lazy... Come to think of it, for the most part it will be an average day.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."