Worst thing a stranger has ever done to you

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Can I ask, was there a motive for this?

nope none at all.. police spoke to him and he claims i was going to damage/rob his car.. i was nearly in my own home though? and i have a car? i just dont get it... i have no idea why it happened?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    nope none at all.. police spoke to him and he claims i was going to damage/rob his car.. i was nearly in my own home though? and i have a car? i just dont get it... i have no idea why it happened?

That's really messed up. Glad you made it through, sense of humour still intact.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    stu gee wrote:
    Stabbed me in the head with a bottle because i was from another area. I was never really interested in gangs and fighting with groups from other schemes/areas when i was younger but some people apparently take it quite seriously lol, even as they get older because that happened when i was 20!!

Scotland can be like that amigo :(

hope you've put it all behind you :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • So lets say back in 01 around this time, i was goign to Manchester, NH to see a concert(ain't gonna specify cause i know i'll get crap). it was about 5 degrees out and they hadnt opened the doors yet so my dad brings me into this dive. not that crowded. so as were waiting some drunk chick in her mid 50's comes up to me and no word of a lie kisses me on the cheek! :eek: so then my dad grabs and we run out the door. sorry i'm 15 i havent lived through it all yet........
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    So lets say back in 01 around this time, i was goign to Manchester, NH to see a concert(ain't gonna specify cause i know i'll get crap). it was about 5 degrees out and they hadnt opened the doors yet so my dad brings me into this dive. not that crowded. so as were waiting some drunk chick in her mid 50's comes up to me and no word of a lie kisses me on the cheek! :eek: so then my dad grabs and we run out the door. sorry i'm 15 i havent lived through it all yet........

Hahahahaha..

it was a creed concert, wasn't it?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    dunkman wrote:
    So they found out who it was. Did you press charges? Was he your neighbor or something?
  • Hahahahaha..

it was a creed concert, wasn't it?
    no, i saw creed when i was 8. i had front row.:o

this one was 3 doors down.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    So they found out who it was. Did you press charges? Was he your neighbor or something?

yeah he lives in the nighbourhood actually.. not enough evidence to convict.. in Scotland the police press charges not the public.. basically it's one word against another.. he could stand up in court and say it wasnt him.. or that it was self-defence.. no corroboration is how the police put it.

anyhoo... this is detracting from the lovely graysaturday's original thread.. so 'i'll bail out.. but thanks for the kind words. :)

life has a funny way of dealing out things to different people... his time will come :)
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah he lives in the nighbourhood actually.. not enough evidence to convict.. in Scotland the police press charges not the public.. basically it's one word against another.. he could stand up in court and say it wasnt him.. or that it was self-defence.. no corroboration is how the police put it.

anyhoo... this is detracting from the lovely graysaturday's original thread.. so 'i'll bail out.. but thanks for the kind words. :)

life has a funny way of dealing out things to different people... his time will come :)

Tis okay Dunkness, its for everyone to share their stories...
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Dunk, that wasn't a stranger. I told you I'd find you.
    Dont be an ass.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • There's a woman in a red coat who keeps following me around to my gigs. One night she'll be in Cambridge, the next she'll be in London. Straight out of Don't Look Now, this spooky cow is. What's worse, she could at least offer to drive me around to my gigs, and make herself a useful sort of stalker.

Maybe she's a fan, though. I hadn't thought of that. It's just when she collared me after a gig and said, "Let me touch those hands that played the guitar" that I got a bit sweaty.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    There's a woman in a red coat who keeps following me around to my gigs. One night she'll be in Cambridge, the next she'll be in London. Straight out of Don't Look Now, this spooky cow is. What's worse, she could at least offer to drive me around to my gigs, and make herself a useful sort of stalker.

Maybe she's a fan, though. I hadn't thought of that. It's just when she collared me after a gig and said, "Let me touch those hands that played the guitar" that I got a bit sweaty.

Does she have an umbrella with the word "WASH" on it??
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• no, i saw creed when i was 8. i had front row.:o

this one was 3 doors down.
    I dont think anyone would give you shit for seeing 3 Doors Down. I surely wouldn't. Greg Upchurch is a friend of mine.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

There's a woman in a red coat who keeps following me around to my gigs. One night she'll be in Cambridge, the next she'll be in London. Straight out of Don't Look Now, this spooky cow is. What's worse, she could at least offer to drive me around to my gigs, and make herself a useful sort of stalker.

I'm sorry Fins, I thought you liked it when I came to your shows, every single one of them!.. jeez! ;)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Does she have an umbrella with the word "WASH" on it??

HaHa !! How many shows like over 100 she's been at ??
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Does she have an umbrella with the word "WASH" on it??

I think she could do with a wash, herself.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    The worst thing a stranger has done is told me they cared.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    HaHa !! How many shows like over 100 she's been at ??

I tried to find it on youtube...to no avail.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    Some chick at the grocery store called me an asshole the other day! I don't think anyone has ever called me that in all my 30 years...at least not to my face!
    I was coming out of an aisle and was about 2 feet from her...I clearly saw her and was about to turn my cart and she slams a can she had in her hand into the cart, stares me down and just calls me an asshole....I guess she thought I was gonna hit her or something, but like I said, I was still like 2 feet from her and well aware that she was there.
    I didn't really know what to do or say...noone has ever been angry like that at me for no reason!
    I guess most other people at the grocery store wander around like idiots, not paying attention to what they're doing...but I always pay attention to my surroundings.
    Ah well, shit happens I guess...

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    So last year, I had a job down in the Loop (in Chicago). I used to take the EL to and from. It was always so crowded and annoying to try to get around. So one time I got on the train, and it was super crowded. This guy got on after me and squeezed his way into the train car, and the doors closed and the train left. So this guy continues to push his way into the car, and he's knocking people over and he's grumbling about how horrible this commute is and such.. so he sorta nudges me towards the doors. Which is fine. I rather be able to see out the doors instead of staring at someones neck. So he's still bitching, and he's right up against me. (His chest to my back), and we get to the next stop and......

BAM! the doors open and he puts his hands on my shoulders and shoves me as hard as he can and I fly out onto the platform. I was like.. WTF?!?!?! So I turn around, and he yells "I need SPACCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE" and waves bye to me. The doors close, and the train takes off.. And there I am standing at the platform and I've only made it one stop!

I have NEVER in my life seen someone do something so rude for no reason. I was on the train before him. Maybe he was crazy but he seemed like he was dressed from work and such. Rudest mofo ever. I swear someday I'll run into that guy again. His stupid face waving me goodbye is forever burned in my memory.

I'm shocked. :eek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I tried to find it on youtube...to no avail.

I think Ed mentioned her at a Pittsburgh show ???

The worst thing that a stranger has done I guess would be..someone got a hold of my Debit Card Number and racked up almost $500 :eek:

Of course the money came right out my checking account because it was a debit car and not a credit card

I went to the police to file charges in case the person was ever caught but I never heard anything
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,786
    TrixieCat wrote:
    The worst thing a stranger has done is told me they cared.

we all care about you trix.
    I miss igotid88
  • This whole thread should be a reminder to care more about the strangers we see every day.

I witnessed some pretty cold/heartless stuff on the el, but nothing like what you experienced, Gray! That is horrible. People really don't look out for each other (or even AT each other) on the train. I don't miss that aspect of public transportation. It was always kind of miserable to be squished in there so close to a bunch of people who wished you weren't standing next to them.
  • There were like 10 of us all high, and these people in a pick-up came by and yelled "get out of the fucking road you fucking chinks". Only one of us was Asian... for some reason it really hurt me deep inside... I was high..
  • A stranger licked my neck once :p
    NERDS!
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    There were like 10 of us all high, and these people in a pick-up came by and yelled "get out of the fucking road you fucking chinks". Only one of us was Asian... for some reason it really hurt me deep inside...
    That's because you still have a heart, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So sorry to hear all of your bad experiences. :( Mine really isn’t that bad, but since they both happened on the same day within minutes of each other I do remember them. We were already moving and I was so never so glad after this afternoon. I was driving from Trader Joes in La Mesa to Grossmont Center to do some banking and 5 young males just came at my car like they were going to attack me. This was about 3 in the afternoon and I was driving so it didn’t really scare me but I was still alarmed. Then I turn onto the main street from the parking lot and am sitting at the signal and four young males start walking across the street, not in the crosswalk mind you, but in the middle of the street right in front of my car and proceed to pound their fists on it. Well, the light changed and I just went on my way, but I was so pissed after both of those I couldn’t believe it. I mean, what is it? Were they just bored? I’m really glad it was during the day; at night I really might have been afraid. As it was I was just mad and glad we were moving. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i've had strangers 'expose' themselves to me, 2x...hahahahaha. first time was kinda scary b/c at first i didn't know what he was doing, i was all alone in a parking garage and it was late at night. thankfully he apparently got his jollies just having me notice, and let me be to go to my car and get the hell outta there. 2nd time was in broad daylight down in the village, and apparently this guy was doing it for quite awhile, cops were just waiting to catch him in the act and/or have someone identify him to arrest him.

ooooooooooo - just remembered! while i was stopped at a traffic light i had a guy get out of his truck behond me, bang on my window and verbally abuse me since he thought i cuyt him off - which i didn't - to get into the lane i was in. again, scary b/c i was alone and it was late at night. :o thankfully, the verbal lashing was it, got back in his car and that was that.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• A crackhead once held a gun to my head.......that sucked
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    put his finger in my mouth when i yawned.