Worst thing a stranger has ever done to you

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So last year, I had a job down in the Loop (in Chicago). I used to take the EL to and from. It was always so crowded and annoying to try to get around. So one time I got on the train, and it was super crowded. This guy got on after me and squeezed his way into the train car, and the doors closed and the train left. So this guy continues to push his way into the car, and he's knocking people over and he's grumbling about how horrible this commute is and such.. so he sorta nudges me towards the doors. Which is fine. I rather be able to see out the doors instead of staring at someones neck. So he's still bitching, and he's right up against me. (His chest to my back), and we get to the next stop and......

BAM! the doors open and he puts his hands on my shoulders and shoves me as hard as he can and I fly out onto the platform. I was like.. WTF?!?!?! So I turn around, and he yells "I need SPACCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE" and waves bye to me. The doors close, and the train takes off.. And there I am standing at the platform and I've only made it one stop!

I have NEVER in my life seen someone do something so rude for no reason. I was on the train before him. Maybe he was crazy but he seemed like he was dressed from work and such. Rudest mofo ever. I swear someday I'll run into that guy again. His stupid face waving me goodbye is forever burned in my memory.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    beat me up and left me for dead about 20feet from my front door.. where my wife and kids were sleeping. i almost drowned in my own blood.

thats unfortunately a true story
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    dunkman wrote:
    beat me up and left me for dead about 20feet from my front door.. where my wife and kids were sleeping. i almost drowned in my own blood.

Dunkkkkkkkkk! oh my god! thats horrible! How long ago was this??
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    Thats awful :mad: ......can you tell us about your plan for revenge!!! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Ohmygawd I thought my Chicago stories were bad. In fact, most of my "bad" stories took place in Chicago. Mine pales in comparison (for good it seems) compared to what you and Dunk went through.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • So last year, I had a job down in the Loop (in Chicago). I used to take the EL to and from. It was always so crowded and annoying to try to get around. So one time I got on the train, and it was super crowded. This guy got on after me and squeezed his way into the train car, and the doors closed and the train left. So this guy continues to push his way into the car, and he's knocking people over and he's grumbling about how horrible this commute is and such.. so he sorta nudges me towards the doors. Which is fine. I rather be able to see out the doors instead of staring at someones neck. So he's still bitching, and he's right up against me. (His chest to my back), and we get to the next stop and......

BAM! the doors open and he puts his hands on my shoulders and shoves me as hard as he can and I fly out onto the platform. I was like.. WTF?!?!?! So I turn around, and he yells "I need SPACCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE" and waves bye to me. The doors close, and the train takes off.. And there I am standing at the platform and I've only made it one stop!

I have NEVER in my life seen someone do something so rude for no reason. I was on the train before him. Maybe he was crazy but he seemed like he was dressed from work and such. Rudest mofo ever. I swear someday I'll run into that guy again. His stupid face waving me goodbye is forever burned in my memory.

i hope the people left on the train gave him a world-class beatdown for that.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Stabbed me in the head with a bottle because i was from another area. I was never really interested in gangs and fighting with groups from other schemes/areas when i was younger but some people apparently take it quite seriously lol, even as they get older because that happened when i was 20!!

Have to say though, the original poster's experience would get me so angry, what a prick!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:

Dunk, that wasn't a stranger. I told you I'd find you.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    jammergirl wrote:
    i hope the people left on the train gave him a world-class beatdown for that.

You know, as much as I love this city, people have the attitude of, "I saw nothing"

If I saw someone do that... ooohhh! I may be a girl, but I have one hell of a temper. Too bad I couldn't use it because I was left there standing dumb founded as my train took off.
  • eyedclaar wrote:

Har de har har
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I can't think of anything that sticks out in my memory, but if it does happen they are going to get an ass whoopin'!

That said, I can think of a few instances where people in downtown Chicago went out of there way to help me without me even asking for help.

EDIT: oh wait, In college I got egged by a passing by car. It was Halloween and I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.. They were kind enough to aim below my knees, but it kind of stung since they were speeding by pretty fast.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    So last year, I had a job down in the Loop (in Chicago). I used to take the EL to and from. It was always so crowded and annoying to try to get around. So one time I got on the train, and it was super crowded. This guy got on after me and squeezed his way into the train car, and the doors closed and the train left. So this guy continues to push his way into the car, and he's knocking people over and he's grumbling about how horrible this commute is and such.. so he sorta nudges me towards the doors. Which is fine. I rather be able to see out the doors instead of staring at someones neck. So he's still bitching, and he's right up against me. (His chest to my back), and we get to the next stop and......

That's funny has hell..So he actually waved at you and said bye as the train doors closed and left you behind? Funny visual..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I'll just say that i've been through much worse from a stranger. but really it's even worse to be sexually assaulted by someone that you knew and trusted. alot of people are capable of truely horrid things.....I wish that I didn't know that firsthand :(
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The Champ wrote:
    That's funny has hell..So he actually waved at you and said bye as the train doors closed and left you behind? Funny visual..

dude, I kid you not! I think back on it now, and I laugh, but at the time I was sooooo pissed!

He just looked so proud of himself. At least make it look like its a mistake if you're crazy enough to shove a chick out of a train.
    prism wrote:
    I'll just say that i've been through much worse from a stranger. but really it's even worse to be sexually assaulted by someone that you knew and trusted. alot of people are capable of truely horrid things.....I wish that I didn't know that firsthand :(

Some people should be rid from this earth..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    prism wrote:

:( I'm sorry Prism
    dude, I kid you not! I think back on it now, and I laugh, but at the time I was sooooo pissed!

He just looked so proud of himself. At least make it look like its a mistake if you're crazy enough to shove a chick out of a train.

How did the other people react to this?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

I really don't know, it happened so fast. The EL really stops and leaves in a matter of a few seconds, so by the time I caught my balance and turned around there he was waving as the train pulled out. I hope someone said something to him!
    The Champ wrote:
    I was on the train. One swift swing to the back of his head and he slept with the homeless man for a few stops..

Kidding of course. But it would have been funny. :D
    Dunkkkkkkkkk! oh my god! thats horrible! How long ago was this??

8 days before this christmas...

yeah it was pretty bad :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    When I was in 7th grade a 9th grader I never knew put a lollipop in my hair. I was able to comb it out pretty quick, but what "cool" marks does someone get from doing that.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:

You dealt with it very well my friend. I'm sure this is the first you've mentioned on thread about it, the force is strong with you. Respect.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    eyedclaar wrote:

oh how i laughed
    dunkman wrote:

Jesus, I had no idea. I'm glad you are okay.. People can be such sh*theads. There are just no words for that.
    Jesus, I had no idea. I'm glad you are okay.. People can be such sh*theads. There are just no words for that.
    I second this.

Also, in response to Prism's post I think molesters should be hung, drawn and quartered, but that's just me, and I'm not the violent sort.
    The Champ wrote:
    Some people should be rid from this earth..

or at least be made to spend the rest of their days in a 6x6 prison cage with only Big Bubba to keep them company
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    jamie uk wrote:
    You dealt with it very well my friend. I'm sure this is the first you've mentioned on thread about it, the force is strong with you. Respect.

thanks man.. i did a thread a while back thanking the people who'd got in touch with me as they have been brilliant about it .. they know who they are.. beautiful people all of them.
  • dunkman wrote:

Holy Christ, that's terrible. Man, what kind of sick fuck just beats another human being to that effect? I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you are feeling better.

And prism, that is also a terrible thing to have to endure. It's very sickening to see people violate that trust by abusing someone like that.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

dunkman wrote:
    thanks man.. i did a thread a while back thanking the people who'd got in touch with me as they have been brilliant about it .. they know who they are.. beautiful people all of them.

I remember that thread. I was confused and didn't know what was going on. I didn't feel it my place to ask, because this was before I got my invitation to the Castle ;)

But regardless, this taught me to ask when I don't know whats going on!
    :( I'm sorry Prism

thank you

it's okay now as i've gotten way beyond it

though I admit that in a way I hope that they feel shame and remorse and that the guilt will continue to always haunt them. but other than that they aren't worth giving any more thought
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    dunkman wrote:

Can I ask, was there a motive for this?