B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• The Rangers defeated the New York Islanders, 2-1, tonight to complete a two-game sweep at the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium. The Islanders opened the game’s scoring late in the second, but the Blueshirts responded 40 seconds later and then took the lead at 4:36 of the third. The Rangers improved to 3-0-0 all-time in regular season outdoor games, having come back from behind in each of those contests.

- The Blueshirts are now 29-23-3 overall (61 pts), including a 17-10-0 mark on the road this season. The Rangers have won 13 of their last 19 games (13-5-1), and eight of their last 11. New York extended their road winning streak to five games, and have won 15 of their last 19 games away from Madison Square Garden.

- The Rangers have now held opponents to two goals or fewer in nine of their last 11 contests, five of the last seven on the road, and 32 of 55 games overall this season.

- The visiting team has won nine of 11 NHL regular season outdoor games (9-1-1), including five wins in the NHL Winter Classic (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014), the 2003 Heritage Classic, and the first three games of the Stadium Series.

- The Rangers have registered at least one point in 19 of their last 24 games against the Islanders, posting a record of 16-5-3 over the span. The Blueshirts have also recorded a point in six consecutive road games against the Islanders (5-0-1 during the streak), and have a four-game road winning streak against them. The Rangers are 13-4-1 in their last 18 road games against the Islanders, dating back to a 4-1 victory on Mar. 6, 2008.

- The Blueshirts were credited with 17 blocked shots in the contest, led by Dan Girardi’s team-high, four blocked shots, and Marc Staal’s three blocked shots. Girardi’s four blocked shots also tied for the game-high, and he now leads the team with 101 this season.

- The Rangers out-shot the Islanders, 34-31, in the contest, including a 14-6 advantage in the third period. The Blueshirts have out-shot their opponent in 19 of the last 24 games, holding a 826-700 shot advantage over their opponents during the stretch. The Rangers have registered 30 or more shots in 22 of the last 28 contests.

Player Notes

- Henrik Lundqvist made 30 saves to earn first star honors, and improve to 19-18-3 overall with a 10-7-0 mark on the road this season. He has held opponents to two goals or less in eight of his last nine games (7-2-0, 1.56 goals against average, .948 save percentage, and one shutout over the span), and is 9-3-1 with a 1.98 goals against average, .934 save percentage, and one shutout in his last 13. Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in 10 games this season, registering a 7-2-1 record with a 2.38 goals against average, .935 save percentage, and one shutout in those contests. The appearance was his 552nd career, moving him into a tie with Hall of Famer Johnny Bower for 51st on the NHL’s all-time goaltender appearances list.

- Lundqvist improved to 3-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average and .933 save percentage in three career outdoor games. He is the first goalie to win three regular season outdoor games.

- Daniel Carcillo registered the game-winning goal at 4:36 of the third period, was credited with three shots, and two hits in 7:00 of ice time.

- Benoit Pouliot notched his 20th point of the season with a goal, registered three shots, and two hits in 10:59 of ice time. He recorded a point in each of the Rangers two Stadium Series games (one goal, one assist).

- Dominic Moore recorded the primary assist on the game-winning goal, two shots, and won 4-7 faceoffs (57%) in 10:32 of ice time. He has now registered four points (one goal, three assists) in the last five games, including three points (one goal, two assists) in two Stadium Series games.

- Brian Boyle tallied an assist on the game-winning goal, two hits, and won 4-5 faceoffs (80%) in 13:21 of ice time. He finished the Stadium Series with an assist in each game (two assists), and is now six points shy of his 100th career point.

- Derick Brassard tallied an assist, three shots, and tied for the game-high with three hits in 12:49 of ice time. He finished the Stadium Series with three assists in two games, and is now tied for fifth on the team with 29 points this season.

- Mats Zuccarello registered an assist and two shots in 15:12 of ice time. He has registered a point in seven of the last 11 games (five goals, three assists over the span), including three points (two goals, one assist) in the Rangers two Stadium Series games.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Please do not trade Cally away !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Really hard to like Carcillo, even if he did score the game-winner.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    man, nabokov was LOCKED in lastnight. very happy to skate away with the two points with the way he was playing. and yeah, SO hard to like carcillo even when he is netting game winners :))
    the cally/girardi trade deadline situation can be a very interesting one. part of me thinks they are better off keeping cally as there is no shortage of quality defensemen in the league that can replace girardi while there aren't many who can replace a guy like cally. on the other hand, cally has proven to be fragile as hell. if he overplays his hand, asks for too much and for too long, i say let him walk.
    dankind said:

Really hard to like Carcillo, even if he did score the game-winner.

he was a real douche in the lockerroom post game.
    I never liked him since way back when he was targeting Gaborik.

He was so casual and mattar of fact about the entire experience.
    Its Yankee Stadium and you scored the game winner.
    come on guy !
    platessmall.jpg
    rival. said:

man, nabokov was LOCKED in lastnight. very happy to skate away with the two points with the way he was playing. and yeah, SO hard to like carcillo even when he is netting game winners :))

so true
    Nabakov looked unbreakable.
    platessmall.jpg
    Ranger Nation
    Rumor circulating from Darren Dreger that Rangers are collecting "intel" on Blues winger Chris Stewart and suggests a Stewart for Cally deal would be "sweet" for the Blues. Now I've liked Stewart for the Rangers before but not in a straight-up swap for Cally. Let's hope this is not the direction Slats goes.
    platessmall.jpg
    heave ho 4 in a row.

I really hate to see Callahan go.
    platessmall.jpg
    http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2013-14-players/ryan-callahan/buzz-more-on-what-ryan-callahan-is-looking-for/

Ryan Callahan is not in fact searching for a seven-year deal worth $42 million which was the regularly reported number last week. (NY Post)

A GM who has spoken with Glen Sather about trading for Callahan says that he is looking for seven years at “six plus-plus-plus million per year. Larry Brooks says it’s likely, seven-years and $47 million. (NY Post)

Darren Dreger reported on Monday night that Callahan was looking for seven-years and a deal worth more than $6.5 million

Callahan is not being “low balled” or insulted with the Rangers supposed offer of five-years and $30 million. (NY Post)
    platessmall.jpg
    edited February 2014
    So I read Hagelin is playing hurt,
    but will continue to play for Sweden due to a low roster.?
    Henrik was also almost hurt by his Swede teammates.( Karlsonn I think ?> )

I cringed when McDonagh blocked that one shot,
    limped away . I envisioned him out and injured.

As usual Cally pouring his heart out on the ice,...

Maybe the Olympics shouldnt be NHL players?
    They are all under contract with their respective NHL teams.
    platessmall.jpg

I cringed when McDonagh blocked that one shot,
    limped away . I envisioned him out and injured.

oh man me too. such an awkward shot block that wasn't too far from his face.
    If Hagelin is hurt,
    he's doing pretty dam well.
    Scored 2 goals today for Sweden.
    platessmall.jpg
    thoughts on McDonagh being the best american d-man in the game right now? close call with him and suter... you kind of want to label them 1A and 1B, but McDonagh has been a stud. stepped up his offensive game, has been playing on the opposite side in these olympics. future is bright with him.
    rival. said:

thoughts on McDonagh being the best american d-man in the game right now? close call with him and suter... you kind of want to label them 1A and 1B, but McDonagh has been a stud. stepped up his offensive game, has been playing on the opposite side in these olympics. future is bright with him.

Love McDs play. Since Torts departure ( or perhaps coincidence ? )
    he's started jumping into the play alot more.
    He definitely has skills.

Fucking Zuucc broke his hand- already on the way home.

Couldve been worse- Tavares is out for the rest of the season !

D' oh !

platessmall.jpg
    blueshirt olympians back at practice yet?

nothing like getting back to the grind thursday against the defending champs!
    rival. said:

blueshirt olympians back at practice yet?

nothing like getting back to the grind thursday against the defending champs!

we can" sweep" them !

It sucks that Zuc has a broken hand and Cally might not be here for the next game, ....

platessmall.jpg
    Only 2 more days of the Cally trade speculation .
    Cant wait for it to be over with.

Cam Talbot the goal buster in nets tonight. Henrik must still be tired.
    platessmall.jpg
    girardi signs a 6 year 33 million dollar deal.
    and only caught the last 8 minutes of lastnight's game. sounds like a strong win and talbot was a beast. made it home in time to almost watch them pull a US women's being
    down 2 with a few minutes to play. ;)
    Sooooooo, lundqvist? Still suffering from jet lag?
    always tough to see a captain go but callahan completely overplayed his hand and props to sather for not giving out a lucrative contract like that. however, tampa made out great in this deal as the rangers lost a first and second round pick. thought this would have a straight up callahan/st louis deal. throwing in two picks like that seems like the rangers offered more than they had to.
    letting this one sink in for a bit.... rangers got fucking hosed in this deal!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Surprised they went through with the trade. Especially after everyone kn the locker room was against it. And St. Louis is good but he's 39 or something.
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Good Ol' Glenn Sather returned to the scene with that deal. Thats a ton to give up for an older player, especially the 2015 1st Rd pick.

But hey, at least it wasnt as bad as Garth Snows moves on the day.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    It's a win now trade
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

It's a win now trade

which is insane to me because this current team would get steam rolled by teams like boston, pittsburgh, chicago, anaheim, st. louis, etc.

keep your two draft picks and move cally in the offseason if he wasn't going to budge anymore on his asking price.
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Ha ha ha
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    rival. said:

igotid88 said:

It's a win now trade

which is insane to me because this current team would get steam rolled by teams like boston, pittsburgh, chicago, anaheim, st. louis, etc.

keep your two draft picks and move cally in the offseason if he wasn't going to budge anymore on his asking price.
    He is UFA in the off season.