Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Merry Christmas to all the Ranger fans !

Cam Talbot starts his 3rd in a row tonight in Washington.

is Hank hurt or has he been demoted?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This will be Talbot's toughest challenge i believe. Unless they continue to play tight defense like they have been for him all season.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    So I asked one of the radio announcers the other day
    @DonLagreca Why do the Rangers play like they give a heck under Talbot? But play lazy and make many mistakes under Henrik? Like 2 diff teams
    Reply Delete Favorite More Expand
    Don La Greca ‏@DonLagreca 23 Dec
    i think it's normal for a team to tighten up their play for the backup. But not this much I agree.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    igotid88 wrote:
    @DonLagreca Why do the Rangers play like they give a heck under Talbot? But play lazy and make many mistakes under Henrik? Like 2 diff teams
    i think it's normal for a team to tighten up their play for the backup. But not this much I agree.

Cool you got an answer and that he agreed.

they loook flat tonight sofar.
    3 days off might've been too much.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Cool you got an answer and that he agreed.

they loook flat tonight sofar.
    3 days off might've been too much.

I missed the 1st period. But the I see the Rangers are outshooting the Caps 20-10 halfway in the 2nd period.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Keep taking assinine penalties.

2 bad penalties, 2 goals for Caps.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    holy crap a no goal call FOR the Rangers ! what gives?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    holy crap a no goal call FOR the Rangers ! what gives?

Lundqvist wasn't on net
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    That's probably the first breakaway allowed by the defense with Talbot on net
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    That's probably the first breakaway allowed by the defense with Talbot on net

With Backstrom, it might not matter wheather or not its Henrik ( or Talbot ) .
    Thats the 1 defenseman you dont want with the puck breaking in on your net.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    feck this team is hard to watch and root for

please get rid of Michael DelZotto.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    After the game last night ‪#‎NYR‬ recalled defenseman Conor Allen from Hartford.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    wtf happened to stralman?
    he's been very solid tghis season behind McD and Girardi ( and Staal before his injury )
    I must've missed this play...

anyhow they bring up another kid

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/4691/ ... r9FMeusNNY

Friday night before the team had even exited the Verizon Center following their 3-2 loss to the Washington Capitals, the Rangers announced that rookie defenseman Conor Allen had been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack. The move was precipitated by the uncertain status of veteran defenseman Anton Stralman who suffered an undisclosed injury during the first period Friday night and did not return to action thereafter.

Following the game Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault said that he was unsure of the extent of the injury suffered by Stralman. With the team carryying only six defensemen, another needed to join the team, at worst as a precaution, before the Rangers next play Sunday night down in Tampa.

"They don't think it's anything serious at this time, but we'll know more (Saturday)," is all Vigneault would offer on Stralman, who played just four shifts against the Capitals before exiting the contest.

Playing in his rookie pro season, the 23 year-old Allen has scored five goals, added eight assists, and totaled 13 points in 29 games this season with Hartford. The former UMass-Amherst standout leads all Wolf Pack defensemen in goals and ranks third among the team's d-men in points. He also has racked up 34 penalty minutes, and notched a pair of power play goals.

Recently Allen's offensive numbers have picked up. He has seven points (2-5-7) in his last seven games, and is coming off a two-point outing in Thursday's 3-1 victory over Bridgeport.

The 6-foot-2, 210 pound Allen had a very strong training camp with the Rangers, though team officials believed it best that he learn the pro game in the minors before beginning his NHL career. Last year Allen recorded a collegiate-best 19 points at UMass-Amherst, and two seasons ago he scored a career-high seven goals.

Stralman is in the midst of an extremely solid season with the Rangers, his third with the organization. Stralman has appeared in all 39 games this season, anchoring the team's second defense pairing, while averaging 20 minutes of ice time a night. Stralman has four assists and 16 penalty minutes on the season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    If Stralman is okay, Maybe they'll bench DelZaster ! ! ! ! !

A Dream Come True
    from a Chicago native.

Jim Cerny
    http://www.BlueshirtsUnited.com
    Twitter

Conor Allen was awake long before the sun had risen Saturday, making his way to the airport for a 6:00 AM flight that would take him to Washington D.C. and straight into the National Hockey League. Never before has the 23 year-old been so happy to be up and about at such an early hour.

“I wasn’t going to sleep much anyway so might as well get the flight over with early,” said a smiling Allen after practicing with the Rangers in Arlington, Virgina later in the day on Saturday, less than 24 hours following his first call up from the minor leagues.

Allen, the rookie defenseman from UMass-Amherst, was summoned from the Hartford Wolf Pack late Friday night because veteran d-man Anton Stralman suffered an undisclosed injury during the first period of the Rangers 3-2 loss to the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center. On Saturday a team spokesperson said that Stralman is out on a day-to-day basis, and the Swede—who has yet to miss a game this season—did not take part in practice.

With only five healthy defenseman remaining on the active roster, Allen received the call he has been dreaming about, only he thought it was hoax when he finally received the good news.

“It was pretty surreal, I didn’t recognize (Hartford head coach Ken) Gernander’s voice and I thought it might have been a prank call,” said Allen. “It wasn’t (a prank) so it was a good feeling. I’m sure the nerves and excitement will only grow we get closer to game time (Sunday against the Lightning), but hopefully I’ll be able to handle it.”

The Chicago native, who lockered next to fellow Chicagoan John Moore Saturday, signed with the Rangers as an undrafted free agent his past spring. He then came in and impressed the coaching staff and management with a very strong training camp and pre-season this past fall. Allen appeared in three pre-season games and was among the team’s final cuts.

“We really liked what Conor did during training camp,” offered head coach Alain Vigneault on Saturday. “We liked his skill level. We liked his hockey sense. We thought coming out of our training camp he showed a tremendous amount of upside for a young guy getting a first kick at the can. We felt with a little bit of work in the minors that hopefully at some point he’d be able to come in and help us out.”

That training camp experience not only put Allen on the coaching staff’s radar, it also helped the young defenseman become comfortable with what the NHL game is about, and what the expectations would be when he did get the opportunity to play at that level.

“I think it helped that I went so far in camp, played in three pre-season games,” explained Allen. “I think any experience you get helps. I’m sure pre-season is way different from playing halfway through the year, but it does help you feel more comfortable.”

A solid puck-moving defenseman who said he learned a lot from Hartford assistant Jeff Beukeboom as far as playing in his own end of the ice, Allen is a solid 6-foot-3, 210 pounder. He recorded seven points in his last seven games with the Wolf Pack, and had five goals and 13 points through 29 games this season at the time of his recall.

Vigneault said that he was told by Gernander that the rookie had his ups and downs with the pro game earlier in the season, but that things had come together better as of late for Allen. He did not disagree with his coach’s assessment on Saturday.

“I think I am getting a little more comfortable,” shared Allen. “The first month or so the learning curve was still really fast and I wasn’t really playing my best hockey, but I think I am getting a little bit more comfortable now and hopefully that translates to the NHL.”

Should Stralman not be able to play Sunday in Tampa, Allen would become the fourth Ranger this season to make his NHL debut, joining Jesper Fast, Cam Talbot, and Dylan McIlrath.

Despite practicing with the team on Saturday, Marc Staal is not yet ready to rejoin the lineup, meaning Allen is the next man up should Stralman not be able to go Sunday.

“This is a dream come true.”
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    It's just a matter of time before DelZaster is gone with his cheesey ass "flow." Fucken guy still plays like a fucken rookie. :fp:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Delzaster to the senators rumor has it.

http://nyrnation.net/ranger-rumor-roundup-2/
  • Options
    Henrik back in the nets tonight in Tampa Bay.

Anyone catch him on the " Rebuilding the Garden :" special ?

cool montage.

They had clips of when Kasparaitis was on the team !

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Glad they got Henrik the 4 goals. But it seemed like they wanted to give it away.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 5m
    "It's a good win..guys showed up, power play was great, and got great goaltending from Lundqvist"- Rick Nash #NYR

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m
    "Hank was our best player, especially in the third period...and that's a really good feeling for us"- @zuccarello36 #NYR
    Expand
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    In his NHL debut Conor Allen logs 15:47 and plays considerable minutes in 3rd period..finishes with 2 shots on goal #NYR
    New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 58s
    "He was one of our better D. He outplayed some of the other guys, he deserved to be out there. He was poised with the puck"-AV on Allen #NYR
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    In his NHL debut Conor Allen logs 15:47 and plays considerable minutes in 3rd period..finishes with 2 shots on goal #NYR
    New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 58s
    "He was one of our better D. He outplayed some of the other guys, he deserved to be out there. He was poised with the puck"-AV on Allen #NYR

the kid looked good .

and again delzotto makes 2 plays
    right off the top of my head
    that put him out of position, 1 of which Tampa scored on.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Damn deflection goals though
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Marc Staal back in the lineup toomorrow against Florida.
    guess thats the end of Conor Allen for a while.
    unless of course AV decides to send DelZaster down instead !

:thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Marc Staal back in the lineup toomorrow against Florida.
    guess thats the end of Conor Allen for a while.
    unless of course AV decides to send DelZaster down instead !

:thumbup:

I think delZaster is gone. Been reading for a couple of days that they're shipping him out. But you never know with AV, McKiller fights Mcgrattan and gets the broadway hat. Next day he's back to Hartford. :fp:
  • Options
    5pm?

what a wierd faceoff time !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Hank had to make a save against his own teammate
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    YES
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Those are two big points! 4 wins, 5 games. Keep on trucking.

Girardi's goal could be looked back as a major turning point...
  • Options
    congrats to Callahan, McDonagh and first timer Stepan to team USA .

Not sure if we should be sending our American atheletes
    to Sochi with all these suicide bombing woman going off lately.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JK8495JK8495 Posts: 101
    HI true blue thread
    hope all is well….from old school NYPJ1