Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NASH is a BIG boy 8-)

put your best D against him.....leave gabby alone...Holla

one helluva power play too

hopefully :shock: .............can't really enjoy it at work right now

have to watch again tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NASH is a BIG boy 8-)

put your best D against him.....leave gabby alone...Holla

one helluva power play too

I have never watched a practice on tv. This is kind of weird.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    DS1119 wrote:

I have never watched a practice on tv. This is kind of weird.

It is replay tonight at 9.
    It was weird.
    Truth be told , I caught myself dozing off a few times. :cry:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    385232_10151263972159858_138459803_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, Wade Redden officially cleared unconditional waivers at noon this afternoon, and is fully eligible for an accelerated buyout before Saturday. As stated in earlier articles, once the Rangers use their accelerated buyout, Redden will officially become an unrestricted free agent, and will be allowed to sign with any of the 29 other clubs in the NHL.

The Rangers will be on the hook for 100-percent of Redden's prorated salary that is owned to him during the 2013 regular season, and they will also carry his $5.6 million cap hit. Before the process of the buyout officially begins, the Rangers must submit a formal letter to Redden and his agent Don Meehan notifying them of their intended actions.

Once Redden and his agent respond, the buyout can be made official. If Redden does sign with another team, he will be collecting his salary from both the Rangers and the new team which he chooses to sign with
    platessmall.jpg
    ..... i can feel it coming now,..
    oh and tomorrow hockey starts.
    :)
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, Wade Redden officially cleared unconditional waivers at noon this afternoon, and is fully eligible for an accelerated buyout before Saturday. As stated in earlier articles, once the Rangers use their accelerated buyout, Redden will officially become an unrestricted free agent, and will be allowed to sign with any of the 29 other clubs in the NHL.

The Rangers will be on the hook for 100-percent of Redden's prorated salary that is owned to him during the 2013 regular season, and they will also carry his $5.6 million cap hit. Before the process of the buyout officially begins, the Rangers must submit a formal letter to Redden and his agent Don Meehan notifying them of their intended actions.

Once Redden and his agent respond, the buyout can be made official. If Redden does sign with another team, he will be collecting his salary from both the Rangers and the new team which he chooses to sign with
    He has been bought out already, I believe. As has Gomez.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Man he was an epic bust!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I look at this year as a warm up for next. Imagine this team with a whole year together??? A cup would be sick this year but next couple of years "should be" great for ranger fans!
    eddiec wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Man he was an epic bust!

we signed him mid pearl jam @ the beacon..kinda put a damper on the rest of the show

july 1st 2008
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    badbrains wrote:
    I look at this year as a warm up for next. Imagine this team with a whole year together??? A cup would be sick this year but next couple of years "should be" great for ranger fans!

as u know the average life span of a player is kinda short

we gotta go hard now

granted 90% of the team is under 25 8-)
  • I still get these in my email even though sportsticker has been kaput for four years:

RANGERS vs. BRUINS:
    All-Time: 247-282-97-2 overall (142-119-55-0 at home; 105-163-42-2 on the road)
    2013: Tomorrow is the first of three meetings this season, and the first of two at TD Garden.
    Last Season: New York was 3-1-0 overall (1-1-0 mark at home; 2-0-0 mark on the road). Three of the four meetings were decided by one goal, including a 3-2 overtime victory on Jan. 21 at Boston. The Rangers out-scored the Bruins, 11-7, including a 4-1 advantage in the third period and overtime. The Blueshirts' power play was 2-8 (25.0%), while their penalty kill was 9-10 (90.0%). Marian Gaborik led all skaters in scoring with four goals and five points in the season series, while Michael Del Zotto and Brad Richards each tallied a series-high, three assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-1-0 with a 1.73 GAA, .946 Sv% and one shutout.
    The Rangers have won nine of their last 12 meetings against the Bruins, including five of their last six games at Boston over the span
    The Blueshirts enter tomorrow's contest with a four-game winning streak at TD Garden, having out-scored the Bruins, 10-4, during the stretch
    Henrik Lundqvist has started in 24 consecutive games against Boston, dating back to Jan. 13, 2007
    New York tied for second with a 24-12-5 (53 pts) record on the road last season; Boston ranked 14th with a 24-14-3 (51 pts) mark at home last season
    The Rangers were 11-8-1 vs. the Northeast Division last season; the Bruins were 12-7-1 vs. the Atlantic Division last season
    New York lists no former Bruins on their roster
    Boston lists one former Ranger on their roster: Marc Savard (1997-98 - 1998-99)

INDIVIDUAL CAREER LEADERS vs. BRUINS:
    Henrik Lundqvist — 27 GP, 19-6-2, 1.53 GAA, 6 SO
    Martin Biron — 31 GP, 12-12-2-1, 2.66 GAA, 1 SO
    Brad Richards — 34 GP, 7-22-29
    Ryan Callahan — 19 GP, 5-6-11
    Michael Del Zotto — 10 GP, 2-4-6

SPECIAL TEAMS (last season):
    The Blueshirts posted a record of 25-2-4 in games when tallying a power play goal last season, and 34-13-3 when not allowing a power play goal.
    Power Play: The Rangers' power play tallied eight goals in the final six games of the regular season (8-27, 29.6% over the span), and 13-56 (23.2%) in the final 15 games. New York ranked 23rd overall (44-280, 15.7%) and 19th on the road (21-134, 15.7%). The Rangers were 4-18 (13:15) in five-on-three situations (last –4/5 at PIT), and 2-9 (12:08) when four-on-three (last –3/11 vs. NYI). Shorthanded goals allowed (4): 12/5 vs. TOR (Steckel); 12/8 vs. TBL (Moore); 12/17 at PHX (Korpikoski); 4/5 at PIT (Letang).
    Penalty Killing: New York's penalty kill was 52-60 (86.7%) in the final 20 games, and tied for seventh in the NHL with eight shorthanded goals. New York ranked fifth overall (224-260, 86.2%) and sixth on the road (124-142, 87.3%). The Rangers were 9-10 (6:17) in three-on-five situations (last –3/28 at WPG), and 2-3 (2:24) when three-on-four (last –2/16 vs. CHI). Shorthanded goals for (8): 10/20 at CGY (Prust); 12/8 vs. TBL (Anisimov); 12/10 at BUF (Hagelin); 12/10 at BUF (Callahan); 12/20 at NJD (Hagelin); 1/6 at PIT (Dubinsky); 2/12 vs. WSH (Prust); 3/28 at WPG (Del Zotto).
    Four-on-Four: The Rangers were plus-seven in 84 four-on-four situations (151:10), and even in two three-on-three situations (0:38). Four-on-four goals for (10): 10/18 at VAN (Gaborik); 10/20 at CGY (McDonagh); 10/27 vs. TOR (Girardi); 1/2 vs. FLA (Gaborik); 2/9 vs. TBL (Stepan); 2/9 vs. TBL (Richards); 2/14 at BOS (Anisimov); 2/19 vs. CBJ (Stepan); 2/25 vs. BUF (Callahan); 3/21 vs. DET (Callahan). Four-on-four goals allowed (3): 2/9 vs. TBL (Lecavalier); 2/25 vs. BUF (Stafford); 3/2 at TBL (Malone).

ORIGINAL SIX SHOWDOWN
    Tomorrow's contest will be the first of nine schedules games against Original Six opponents this season
    Henrik Lundqvist was 7-5-0 with a 2.40 GAA and one shutout against Original Six opponents last season
    Marian Gaborik led the Rangers in scoring against Original Six opponents last season with eight goals and 14 points
    Brad Richards tallied 12 points against Original Six opponents last season, including a team-high, eight assists
    Michael Del Zotto led all team defensemen in scoring with 10 points (four goals, six assists) against Original Six opponents last season
    New York is 54-32-12 against Original Six teams since 2005-06, including a 20-6-2 mark vs. Boston over the span. The Rangers' .612 win% ranks second, trailing Detroit (.651, 44-22-7), and ahead of Montreal (.607, 76-47-13), Chicago (.533, 35-30-11), Boston (.525, 63-56-20), and Toronto (.489, 57-60-19).

CLOSE CALL
    The Rangers and Bruins have been separated by one goal in 17 of their last 21 meetings, including six games that required extra time and five that went to the shootout, dating back to Mar. 24, 2007. Three of the other four games during the stretch were decided by two goals, while one was decided by three goals (3-0 win on Feb. 14, 2012 at BOS). New York is 10-5-2 in one-goal games against Boston over the span.

SEASON OPENERS:
    The Rangers are 35-36-14 all-time in 85 season-opening games, including a 25-27-9 record in 61 season openers away from MSG. The Blueshirt's .484 win% in season openers on the road ranks 10th in the NHL.
    New York has out-scored their opponents, 243-239 in season-openers
    Rangers Head Coach John Tortorella ranks fifth among active NHL head coaches in season openers (min. three games) with a record of 6-2-1 in nine career season-opening games for a .722 win%
    Blueshirts legend Andy Bathgate holds the franchise record for most assists and points in a season-opening game, having registered four assists and five points on Oct. 7, 1955 at Chicago. His four assists and five points in the 1955-56 season opener are tied for second all-time in the NHL. Former Ranger Walt Tkaczuk also tallied four assists in a season-opening game on Oct. 9, 1974 vs. Washington.
    Derek Stepan tallied three goals while making his NHL debut in the 2010-11 season opener on Oct. 9, 2010 at Buffalo. His three goals tied the franchise record for goals in a season opener, and he became the fourth player in NHL history and first Ranger to register a hat trick in his NHL debut. Ron Murphy, who skated with the Rangers from 1952-53 to 1956-57, also tallied three goals in the 1955-56 season opener at Chicago on Oct. 7, 1955.
    Stepan is one of three active players who have notched a hat trick in a season-opening game (Teemu Selanne and Paul Stastny)
    Former Rangers' captain Jaromir Jagr holds the team record for fastest goal to start a game in a season opener with his goal just 29 seconds into the contest on Oct. 5, 2006 vs. Washington
    Andy Bathgate, Rod Gilbert and Walt Tkaczuk are tied for the Rangers' record for most career points in season-opening games, with each player having tallied 13 career points in season openers
    Former Rangers' goaltender Gump Worsley holds the franchise record for most opening night wins with five career wins in season-opening games. Henrik Lundqvist has registered four career wins in season-opening games.
    Henrik Lundqvist is 4-1-1 with a 2.31 GAA and a .920 Sv% in six career season-openers

NEW FACES
    The Rangers have four new players on their opening night roster: Jeff Halpern, Rick Nash, Taylor Pyatt and Brandon Segal. In addition, Matt Gilroy is looking to return to the Rangers lineup after splitting 2011-12 with Tampa Bay and Ottawa, while Chris Kreider is looking to make his regular season debut after skating in 18 playoff contests with the Rangers last season. Arron Asham, who is serving the final game of a four-game suspension he received during last season's playoffs as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins, will join the Rangers roster for Sunday's home opener against Pittsburgh.

BACK-TO-BACKS
    The Rangers will begin their first of six back-to-back sets this season tomorrow at Boston. Last season, New York posted a combined record of 19-4-5 in back-to-back games, including a 9-2-3 (3-1-0 at home, 6-1-3 on the road) record in the first game and a 10-2-2 (6-0-0 at home, 4-2-2 on the road) mark in the second, and were 7-1-1 in the second game when opening the set with a win. Since 2009-10, New York is 31-10-4 in the second game of back-to-backs, with a 15-3-1 mark at MSG and 16-7-3 on the road over the span. Henrik Lundqvist has started on consecutive days 59 times in his career, posting a record of 38-14-7 with a 1.84 GAA, .934 Sv% and six shutouts in the second game.

RANGERS RECORD WHEN... (last season):

Leading after the 1st period — 21-3-3 (16th in NHL)
    Leading after the 2nd period — 30-0-3 (8th in NHL)
    Trailing after two periods — 5-18-1 (5th in NHL; five 3rd period comeback wins)
    Out-shooting their opponent — 30-13-1 (1st in NHL)
    Scoring first — 35-5-3 (3rd in NHL)

MILESTONES IN SIGHT:
    Ryan Callahan — 2 points from 200th NHL career
    Steve Eminger — 4 points from 100th NHL career
    Derek Stepan — 4 points from 100th NHL career
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

CLOSE CALL
    The Rangers and Bruins have been separated by one goal in 17 of their last 21 meetings, including six games that required extra time and five that went to the shootout, dating back to Mar. 24, 2007. Three of the other four games during the stretch were decided by two goals, while one was decided by three goals (3-0 win on Feb. 14, 2012 at BOS). New York is 10-5-2 in one-goal games against Boston over the span.

MILESTONES IN SIGHT:
    Ryan Callahan — 2 points from 200th NHL career
    Steve Eminger — 4 points from 100th NHL career
    Derek Stepan — 4 points from 100th NHL career

I like our chances in the 1-goal differences.

Also . I'm betting Cally gets his 200th Career point tomorrow night.
    platessmall.jpg
    I knew The King would be #1

486096_10151265556904858_794792086_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Happy Birthday, Captain

mark-messier-1994_crop_340x234.jpg?1276527695
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

He has been bought out already, I believe. As has Gomez.
    Redden signed with the Blues for 1 year
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Less than 12 hours baby

:corn:
    platessmall.jpg
    "Everyone wants to win, Not everyone is willing to prepare to win "......

601102_10151266483719858_1289913290_n.png
    platessmall.jpg
    Lets go boys!!! Lets do this, lets go rangers!!!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I have until 7 to find the remote in my roommates' pig stye of a room!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    I have until 7 to find the remote in my roommates' pig stye of a room!

if you dont find it just click the buttons on the box.

:)

LETS GO RANGERS !
    platessmall.jpg
    408388_4296955507471_1042648983_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Would be sick to finish lord Stanley's tournament #1
    badbrains wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Would be sick to finish lord Stanley's tournament #1

from what i've read lots of guys picking us to win
    and i dont know if thats necessarily a good thing.
    they might be putting a hex on us.
    :fp:
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Smoking a bowl on the deck, almost time to drop the puck!!!! All good bathy, just a warm up for next year buddy!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Anyone have a web link to the games??? :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rival. wrote:
    Anyone have a web link to the games??? :)

center ice is free to start the season...if you have some sort of tv package.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    well, bickel is still pretty horrible

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg