B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

that sucks.
    :(
    guess it'll just be me, badbrains, dankind and X-Man here ,
    along with the various usual Ranger haters on the board.
    I think your new signature sums it all up, Neily.
    Oh well, heres the FB link :
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/227798730586169/

Can you imagine if we lose tonight,
    and then battle tomorrow night with the same 0-3 Flyers,
    both teams battling for their first 'W' ?
    Not gonna be pretty hockey !

LETS GO RANGERS

this thread is the only worthwhile thing on the board ..... :)

we won't lose touch which is most important 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    rival. wrote:
    see you at wrigley neily? :thumbup:

wedding in sept......don't see this in my future :fp: :lol:

especially with new orleans coming up next week

something tells me the band will be in ny later in the year...probably on my wedding :fp: :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Rangers are wearing their Heritage Jerseys in tonight's game

316981_10151274532219858_233662833_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rival. wrote:

something tells me the band will be in ny later in the year...probably on my wedding :fp: :lol:

damn dude!

best of luck with the upcoming wedding. give bickel hell at the garden, hopefully torts gets the hint and benches his ass!
    rival. wrote:
    rival. wrote:

damn dude!

best of luck with the upcoming wedding. give bickel hell at the garden, hopefully torts gets the hint and benches his ass!

Ah of course rival, eddiec, & igotid ; i forgot to mention you fellas earlier with the thread regulars.-
    my bad.

As far as Bickel, IMO He's a huge liability on defense.
    He's better suited as a 4th line forward.
    I dont get why Torts likes this guy so much.
    I think Gilroy is better in his defense slot,
    but maybe thats just me.
    platessmall.jpg
    as i told bathy..i have complete confidence in this thread continuing to be the best 8-)

as for tonight....im not sure where Bickel is gonna be

i feel a fight early in the game

we need to step it up BIG time

LET'S GOOOOO
    Kreider is in tonight.
    Thats great news.,
    platessmall.jpg
    Eminger in on D and Bickel moved up to forward, Asham out.
    platessmall.jpg
    40 minutes to go.

we need to win some faceoffs man.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    40 minutes to go.

we need to win some faceoffs man.

nice first...and yes we need faceoffs....halpern didn't play much ,but eveyone needs to step up
    cannot believe asham is out already
    we need some Prustian grit
    platessmall.jpg
    holy crap
    Pierre McGuire just suck Dougie Hamilton's cock already.

:roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    ugh so close
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Wow, thats a 10-bell save right there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Hat Trick and the 2 points
    I miss igotid88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqnOd0jbyY

ohhh SOMETIMES I GET A FEELING 8-)
    Rask was really unbelievable in that final period.
    Made me shake my head a dozen times.

Torts really needs to address the faceoff situation.
    I don't know the final stats on this, but we were humiliated.

And boy that Pyatt has skills- he's going to do well on Broadway .
    platessmall.jpg
    RICK NASH IS A FUCKING BEAST

COMING DOWN 1 ON 1 HE TAKES THE D-MAN 9 OUT OF 10X....

either around them on the Jagr ass move

wow he can play..should have scored at the end...rask saved it with his pubic hair :lol:

wow he can play..should have scored at the end...rask saved it with his pubic hair :lol:

yeah he was going with those inside-outside moves at will.

dangerous rugged player for sure.

i'd say worth Dubi and Anisimov- no doubt.
    platessmall.jpg
    ok..we come out 12 minutes of dominance ..then the penalties kill the momentum

2nd period we stay in the locker room for the 1st 10 minutes....need a complete 60

we gave the bruins a free point tonight but its always awesome to win in O.T especially for the trick

Big signs of improvement tonight

Big game tomorrow...we need to come out same way and jump on this flyers team
    hopeflly we will continue to drool with that nut Bryz
    Bathgate66 wrote:

yeah he was going with those inside-outside moves at will.

dangerous rugged player for sure.

i'd say worth Dubi and Anisimov- no doubt.

if we made that trade last year we would have made cup....but they weren't budging with Kreider
    finally they had no choice in the offseason

dude ,,he is sick...and so young.....with the help of god it can go down with the Messier trade as turning points to a cup.....(in the near future)

FACEOFFS...disgusting ...halpern didn't even play it seems like....that NEEDS to be addressed

shot blocking arrived finally....but it scares the shit outta me
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

2nd period we stay in the locker room for the 1st 10 minutes....need a complete 60

we gave the bruins a free point tonight but its always awesome to win in O.T especially for the trick

Welcome back J!!! Hahahaha, good win tonight, we'll take it. Bathy, we need mcKiller here ASAP!!!
    badbrains wrote:

Welcome back J!!! Hahahaha, good win tonight, we'll take it. Bathy, we need mcKiller here ASAP!!!

i guesss its a grace period?

em gonna miss this...only thing im gonna miss

yes Huge game my man

MACKEL NUT is nowhere near ready guys ..i hope he turns into something decent

Beuke is working with him......oh man how great would that be...another beuke .....personally i think its 50/50 at best with that
    badbrains wrote:

well, good thing is Torts and the coaching staff won't bring McIlrath till he's ready,
    but it shouldnt be too far off.
    ( I think Beukeboom is the coach down there now, so we know he's being seasoned by one of the best ! )
    Maybe not this short season, unless there are some injuries or something.
    Lets wait and see,..
    platessmall.jpg
    270966_10151251747148403_1757304839_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Bruins, 4-3, in overtime tonight at Madison Square Garden for their first win of the season.

- The Blueshirts have won 10 of their last 14 games against the Bruins, including six of their last eight meetings. New York improved to 21-7-2 against Boston since 2005-06.

- The Rangers are 12-3-0 in their last 15 games against the Bruins at MSG, dating back to a 3-2 win on November 20, 2005.

- Tonight’s contest marked the 18th time in their last 23 meetings that the Rangers and Bruins were separated by one goal, dating back to March 24, 2007. It is the seventh time the two sides required extra time during the stretch. The Blueshirts improved to 11-5-2 in one-goal games against Boston over the span.

- The Rangers were credited with 25 blocked shots in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, four blocked shots. Brian Boyle, Marc Staal, Michael Del Zotto, Marian Gaborik and Jeff Halpern were credited with three blocked shots apiece.

- The Blueshirts out-hit the Bruins, 28-20, in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, nine hits.

Player Notes:
    - Marian Gaborik opened the game’s scoring with a pair of goals in a span of 2:13 in the first period, and notched the game-winning goal 0:27 into overtime for his 14th career hat trick and fifth as a Ranger. He also tied for the game-high with six shots on goal, was credited with three blocked shots and posted a plus-two rating in 21:05 of ice time. Gaborik has now tallied seven goals and eight points in the last six games against Boston. His five hat tricks as a Ranger are tied with Adam Graves, Andy Bathgate and Ron Duguay for 10th most in franchise history, while his 14 career hat tricks are tied with Jaromir Jagr for second among active NHL players.

- Taylor Pyatt notched a goal and was credited with three hits in 14:53 of ice time. He has tallied two goals and a plus-two rating in the last two games.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 26 saves to improve to 1-2-0 overall, including a 1-1-0 record at home this season. The win was his 20th career victory against Boston, and he is now 20-7-2 in 29 career games vs. the Bruins. His 20 wins against Boston are the most versus non-Atlantic Division opponents.

- Rick Nash tallied an assist to extend his point streak to three games (one goal, two assists over the span), tied for the game-high with six shots on goal and posted a plus-two rating in 20:35 of ice time.

- Brad Richards registered an assist and a plus-two rating in 20:20 of ice time. He has tallied at least one point in each game this season to lead the team with four points, and is tied for the team lead with three assists in three contests. He also leads the team with a plus-three rating on the season.

- Derek Stepan recorded one assist and three shots on goal in 22:14 of ice time. He is tied for the team lead with three assists in three games this season, and is now one point shy of his 100th career NHL point.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied an assist, was credited with three blocked shots and logged 25:24 of ice time. He has now recorded two assists in the last two games.

- Marc Staal registered an assist and was credited with three blocked shots in 23:22 of ice time.

- Ryan Callahan led all skaters with nine hits and four blocked shots, and led all forwards with 23:08 of ice time. Dan Girardi logged a game-high, 26:47 of ice time.

Post-Game Quotes:
    - Ryan Callahan on blocking shots…
    “That’s how we won so many games last year. That’s our identity that we’ve been trying to build and we always talked about for the past three or four years, and that’s when we’re successful, when we play that style of hockey.”

- Rick Nash on Marian Gaborik…
    “He opens up a lot of space. He’s one of the best scorers in the league and people better be aware when he’s out there. For me and Richie (Brad Richards) it opens up a little more space which is important.”
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Team Notes:
    - The Rangers defeated the Bruins, 4-3, in overtime tonight at Madison Square Garden for their first win of the season.

- The Blueshirts have won 10 of their last 14 games against the Bruins, including six of their last eight meetings. New York improved to 21-7-2 against Boston since 2005-06.

- The Rangers are 12-3-0 in their last 15 games against the Bruins at MSG, dating back to a 3-2 win on November 20, 2005.

- Tonight’s contest marked the 18th time in their last 23 meetings that the Rangers and Bruins were separated by one goal, dating back to March 24, 2007. It is the seventh time the two sides required extra time during the stretch. The Blueshirts improved to 11-5-2 in one-goal games against Boston over the span.

- The Rangers were credited with 25 blocked shots in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, four blocked shots. Brian Boyle, Marc Staal, Michael Del Zotto, Marian Gaborik and Jeff Halpern were credited with three blocked shots apiece.

- The Blueshirts out-hit the Bruins, 28-20, in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, nine hits.

Player Notes:
    - Marian Gaborik opened the game’s scoring with a pair of goals in a span of 2:13 in the first period, and notched the game-winning goal 0:27 into overtime for his 14th career hat trick and fifth as a Ranger. He also tied for the game-high with six shots on goal, was credited with three blocked shots and posted a plus-two rating in 21:05 of ice time. Gaborik has now tallied seven goals and eight points in the last six games against Boston. His five hat tricks as a Ranger are tied with Adam Graves, Andy Bathgate and Ron Duguay for 10th most in franchise history, while his 14 career hat tricks are tied with Jaromir Jagr for second among active NHL players.

- Taylor Pyatt notched a goal and was credited with three hits in 14:53 of ice time. He has tallied two goals and a plus-two rating in the last two games.

- Henrik Lundqvist made 26 saves to improve to 1-2-0 overall, including a 1-1-0 record at home this season. The win was his 20th career victory against Boston, and he is now 20-7-2 in 29 career games vs. the Bruins. His 20 wins against Boston are the most versus non-Atlantic Division opponents.

- Rick Nash tallied an assist to extend his point streak to three games (one goal, two assists over the span), tied for the game-high with six shots on goal and posted a plus-two rating in 20:35 of ice time.

- Brad Richards registered an assist and a plus-two rating in 20:20 of ice time. He has tallied at least one point in each game this season to lead the team with four points, and is tied for the team lead with three assists in three contests. He also leads the team with a plus-three rating on the season.

- Derek Stepan recorded one assist and three shots on goal in 22:14 of ice time. He is tied for the team lead with three assists in three games this season, and is now one point shy of his 100th career NHL point.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied an assist, was credited with three blocked shots and logged 25:24 of ice time. He has now recorded two assists in the last two games.

- Marc Staal registered an assist and was credited with three blocked shots in 23:22 of ice time.

- Ryan Callahan led all skaters with nine hits and four blocked shots, and led all forwards with 23:08 of ice time. Dan Girardi logged a game-high, 26:47 of ice time.

Post-Game Quotes:
    “That’s how we won so many games last year. That’s our identity that we’ve been trying to build and we always talked about for the past three or four years, and that’s when we’re successful, when we play that style of hockey.”

“He opens up a lot of space. He’s one of the best scorers in the league and people better be aware when he’s out there. For me and Richie (Brad Richards) it opens up a little more space which is important.”

Love these notes, X Man !

I heard Tortorella wasnt too happy with Kreider in his post game press conference saying he has to " go thru the process", and could very well be on his way back to the AHL.
    stay tuned,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • That's why I post them. I'm still on their email list even though SportsTicker hasn't existed since the 2008-09 season.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Team Notes:

Player Notes:

Post-Game Quotes:

Love these notes, X Man !

I heard Tortorella wasnt too happy with Kreider in his post game press conference saying he has to " go thru the process", and could very well be on his way back to the AHL.
    stay tuned,...

My buddy in the league told me last season that kreider is gonna be a 3rd line player, nothing more, god I hope he's wrong........ :corn:
    ^^ Kreider has alot more potential than a 3rd line guy

he might have to go back down to sort his game out ...but based on what we saw last year in the spotlight...he is way better tha a 3rd line guy