Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    that wouldn't work for me because i got season tickets :D

cmon hail hail

ok so we will have 22 of the same games right there
    bath and moster ,, u guys should pick 1 of these same games ( or more)
    and their we go ,,
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cmon hail hail

and their we go ,,

it all depends, there are 4 of us that split 2 seats, so I don't get all of the games I usually get somewhere around 20
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cmon hail hail

and their we go ,,

I'm down, pick a game and let me know in advance so i can attempt to score tickets.
  • Options
    just waiting for my mini-plan sched
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    moster78 wrote:
    I'm down, pick a game and let me know in advance so i can attempt to score tickets.

same with me

i will be at a few games, all singles- no plans . So if a date is set in stone post it here .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ok once everyone knows what games they have (and don't have )
    we can make a solid decision,,,(which should be soon)
  • Options
    i starting to wonder how many of these young guys we'll actually get to see this season- nevertheless- its still exciting.

http://newyorkrangers.com/team/ProspectRecap/

2005-06 PROSPECT RECAP: MARC-ANDRE CLICHE
    7/27/2006

MARC-ANDRE CLICHE
    RW, Lewiston MAINEiacs (QMJHL)

Last December, while he was playing for the Lewiston MAINEiacs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Rangers prospect Marc-Andre Cliche received one of hockey's greatest honors just in time for Christmas.

"All the coaches called us into the locker room and nobody knew what was going on," Cliche said as he recalled that day. "Then they told everybody they were taking the captaincy away from one of our teammates and giving it to me. Nobody knew it was coming, but all my teammates were very happy about it. It was really an honor to be recognized as a leader."

While a change in leadership might rock the boat in some locker rooms by causing tension among teammates, it is a testament to Cliche's character and popularity that the move was well received by everyone, and actually improved his team's chemistry.

Cliche, the Rangers' second of two second-round picks in the 2005 Entry Draft, has been recognized in numerous other ways for both his on-ice talents and personal attributes. Following the 2005-06 season, he was awarded Lewiston's Pat Tillman Trophy, given to the team's most inspirational player.

In addition to his major-junior honors, Cliche is proud to be viewed by the Rangers as a potentially key contributor to the organization's future.

"Marc is an explosive player," said Rangers Head Coach Tom Renney. "He is very quick and has a good set of hands on him. He has great work habits, is very conscious defensively, and from a hockey sense, instinctively he is a very smart player."

Cliche enjoyed a stellar season at Lewiston, dominating his QMJHL competition. He registered 37 goals and 45 assists for 82 points, along with 60 penalty minutes in 66 games during the 2005-06 season. He also recorded a staggering 22 power-play goals, three shorthanded tallies and eight game-winning goals. And although the MAINEiacs exited the playoffs in the firs round, Cliche had a solid series, netting two goals and two assists for four points and zero penalty minutes.

Only 19, the fearless young winger is an offensive dynamo known to produce points in bunches. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound winger scored in all but one game during a remarkable 10-game stretch to start the 2005-06 season, tallying three goals and eight assists for 11 points. He also produced two separate eight game point scoring streaks in 2005-06.

Cliche, left, received coaching from Adam Graves at the 2006 Prospect Development Camp.

"His feet and hands are deadly," Renney said. "When they work in combination, he is one of those guys who is very hard to defend because of his quickness."

A native of Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Cliche is a strong skater with a long, fluid stride. He works nonstop without the puck to get open, putting himself in ideal situations to capitalize on the offensive end. He is also very responsible in his own zone and is mindful of the importance of playing well on defense.

"I pride myself on being a complete player," he said. "I play both ways. It won't make a difference if I score a goal if I am not good in the defensive zone, so I make my plays there, and once I get out of the defensive zone, then I go and score some goals."

That type of attitude helped prompt the Lewiston coaches to give him the captaincy. Still, Cliche refuses to let any recent acclaim go to his head as he readies himself for his first full season as the MAINEiac's captain.

"I'm going to prepare like usual, as if I wasn't a captain," he said. "I'm just going to practice hard every day, hit the gym, and show the kids coming in what it takes to succeed."

-- Ricky Henne

MARC-ANDRE CLICHE - 2005-06 STATISTICS
    POS.....TEAM..... GP..... G..... A..... PTS..... PIM.. PPG... SHG... GWG
    RW .....Lewiston.....66..... 37... 45..... 82...... 60..... 22..... 3....... 8
    Lewiston (QMJHL playoffs) 6 2 2 4 0 2 0 0
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    i just love all this youth ,, !!!!!!!!!!11

p.s. the hockey news gave nyr 's offseason an A =)
  • Options
    82 points in 66 games ?

:eek:

wow
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    if 1/4 of all these young prospects pan out... we'll be having good times!!!
  • Options
    from todays Larry Brooks Slapshots in Sunday NY Post

Apparently, with more then a bit of [b[]Sean Bergenheim[/b] in him, Marcel Hossa rejected a Rangers 2 -way qualifier that included an NHL salary of $643, 720. Good Luck to the 10 goal scorer, with QO's having expired on July 15 . How are the Rangers going to survive without him ? :rolleyes:

While Group 2 Michal Rozsival remains in limbo after having rescinded his agreement to sign a 3 year, $ 5.7 million deal and subsequent failure to file for salary arbitration. Slap Shots has learned that Fedor Tyutin is in negotiations with the Rangers on a long term deal that appear to be proceeding constructively.

so it looks like Rozsival will have to sign for even less now,....

oh and Bergenhiem is holding the Islanders hostage ( ok so hes holding out on signing ) and threatening to go play in Russia for more $ .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2230

RANGERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH DEFENSEMAN MICHAL ROZSIVAL
    8/1/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent defenseman Michal Rozsival.

Rozsival, 27, skated in 82 games with the Rangers last season, registering five goals and 25 assists, along with 90 penalty minutes and a plus-35 rating. He tied for the league lead in plus/minus (plus-35) and led the Rangers in scoring among defensemen with 30 points. While establishing career-highs in games played (82), assists (25), points (30), plus/minus (plus-35), penalty minutes (90) and shots on goal (115), Rozsival also led the Blueshirts in average icetime per game (22:27), ranked second on the team in penalty minutes (90) and was third on the team with 118 blocked shots.

In 2004-05, Rozsival appeared in 51 games with HC Ocelari Trinec and HC Moeller Pardubice of the Czech Republic Extraleague, collecting two goals and 13 assists for 15 points, along with 70 penalty minutes. At season’s end, he led all Pardubice defensemen in penalty minutes (70), and tied for third in assists (13) and fourth in points (15) among team blueliners. In 16 postseason contests, Rozsival tallied one goal and two assists, along with 34 penalty minutes and helped his club capture the 2005 Extraleague championship.

The 6-2, 210-pounder has appeared in 319 career NHL games with the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers, registering 23 goals and 72 assists for 95 points, along with 251 penalty minutes. In 2001-02, he played in 79 games and led all Penguin defensemen with nine goals, 20 assists and 29 points. In 1999-00, he ranked second among Pittsburgh defensemen in points (21), tied for second in goals (3), third in assists (17) and ranked third in plus/minus (plus-11).

In addition, Rozsival has appeared in 79 career American Hockey League (AHL) games with the Syracuse Crunch and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, posting 11 goals and 30 assists for 41 points, along with 106 penalty minutes. During the 2001 AHL postseason, he tallied three goals and 19 assists along with 23 penalty minutes for Wilkes-Barre in 21 games, helping lead the Penguins to the Calder Cup Finals. His 19 playoff assists ranked first in the American Hockey League.

Prior to turning professional in North America, Rozsival skated in 134 games with the Swift Current Broncos of the Western Hockey League (WHL), recording 22 goals and 86 assists for 108 points, along with 202 penalty minutes.

The Vlasim, Czech Republic native was originally selected by Pittsburgh in the fourth round, 105th overall, in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft. On September 6, 2005, he signed as a free agent with the Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    haha holy shit,,,, we think alike lol

he deserved a contract after last year
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    haha holy shit,,,, we think alike lol

he deserved a contract after last year

funny thing is, he waited till after the contract expired- and was in jeapordy of not getting signed. He coulda got alot more- if he ( or his agent or both ) had their shit together.

I didnt realize he was tied for 1st in plus/minus at + 35.

pretty good for us, nonetheless.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't he come from a minor league team in Buffalo before last season?

I was thinking...maybe PJ would do a show at MSG and have people from the Rangers come on stage...that would put all of my loves into one setting!! :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Didn't he come from a minor league team in Buffalo before last season?

I was thinking...maybe PJ would do a show at MSG and have people from the Rangers come on stage...that would put all of my loves into one setting!! :D

Rozsivval came from the Pitts organization .

I know i may have mentioned this before- but in case anyone missed it the first time around:

me and my buddy ran into Darius Kasparaitis at MSG 2003 Night 1 .
    We were getting beers and were in the Gate 65 concession area. He was with his now wife ( then girlfriend ) who herself could stop a Zambonie ! WOW ! :eek:

Turns out he is a HUGE Pearl Jam fan. I know that not much Hail Hail , but its a start !

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    funny thing is, he waited till after the contract expired- and was in jeapordy of not getting signed. He coulda got alot more- if he ( or his agent or both ) had their shit together.

I didnt realize he was tied for 1st in plus/minus at + 35.

pretty good for us, nonetheless.

go look at your 1st post in this thread,,, you were pretty harsh on him lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    go look at your 1st post in this thread,,, you were pretty harsh on him lol

oh i dont have to go back- i know i was very sceptical of this guy - for sure

hey i can admit when i was /am wrong

he turned out to be very good , obviously .

i hope i can be wrong about him again this season too .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    No, thats not the Czech Republic Olympic Team Practicing at MSG, its the NEW New York Rangers !
    Apparently, Sykora has wanted to join the Rangers and his Czech- Mates for some time now this season- unbelievable !
    Now, if only Renney will send 1 czech player ( * Rozsival ) back to Prague for reconditioning !
    Ill be there this Thursday
    to watch #11 hung in the rafters- this will be 1 special night and I am totally stoked !

Lets Go Rangers !

sorry bud had to post haha

yes please be wrong like this all the time
  • Options
    OK

so i dont own a cellphone or any other such device- but i know for a fact that most of you fellow Blueshirt fans do, so you might like this :

http://newyorkrangers.com/tickets/schedule_handheld.asp
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/08-02-2006/sports/story/439852p-370532c.html

John Dellapina:Signing may leave out Leetch
    That wide-open window for Brian Leetch to return to the Rangers closed significantly yesterday.
    Following a month of curious fits and starts, negotiations between the Rangers and defenseman Michal Rozsival finally produced a two-year contract worth $2.1million per. The Rangers therefore have seven defensemen under contract for the upcoming season.

One is Sandis Ozolinsh, who is unlikely to be able to return from reconstructive knee surgery until January. And none of the seven is a power-play quarterback - a concern for a Rangers team that could be formidable with the man advantage having added Brendan Shanahan to Jaromir Jagr up front.

Leetch could fill that need. But the greatest defenseman in Rangers history has yet to fully decide whether he wants to play again next season or where.

Considering Leetch's refusal to sign with any of the Rangers' rivals and desire to remain in the Northeast so as not to uproot his wife Mary Beth and their three young children, his options appear limited.

He would like to return to the Bruins, with whom he signed last summer. But they are even more fully staffed on defense than the Rangers. A one-year deal with Edmonton is a possibility as former Rangers teammate Kevin Lowe, the Oilers GM, pursued Leetch in free agency last summer.
    -John Dellapina

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/leetchs_ranger_return_takes_hit_rangers_larry_brooks.htm
    Larry Brooks :

LEETCH'S
    RANGER RETURN TAKES HIT

ROZSIVAL SIGNS TWO-YEAR DEAL

By LARRY BROOKS
    August 2, 2006 -- The long-shot prospect of a Brian Leetch revival on Broadway became even longer yesterday upon the Blueshirts' signing of restricted free agent Michal Rozsival to a two-year, $4.2 million contract.
    Rozsival, who will turn 28 early next month, led Ranger defensemen in scoring last year with 30 points (5-25) while tying Ottawa's Wade Redden for the NHL plus-minus lead at plus-35.

A right-handed shot who also led the club in ice time (22:27 per), Rozsival becomes the fifth varsity defenseman under contract, joining partner Marek Malik, Darius Kasparaitis, Karel Rachunek and free-agent acquisition Aaron Ward.

As The Post reported Sunday, Fedor Tyutin is working on negotiating a long-term deal with the club.

Thomas Pock and Martin Richter are expected to compete in camp for the seventh spot, though 19-year-old, 2005 first-rounder Marc Staal will be given every opportunity to force his way into the picture. (Sandis Ozolinsh, who re-entered the NHL/NHLPA Health Program following a DWI arrest in May, does remain under contract, but he is not expected to be ready to play anytime sooner than early December under the best of circumstances following post-season knee surgery.)

Thus, unless the Rangers intend to deal either Rozsival or Malik (who has two years remaining at $2.5M), it doesn't appear that there's a spot open for the 38-year-old, one-time franchise defenseman Leetch, who is reviewing his options as the premier unrestricted free agent remaining on the market. A return to Boston is not out of the question.

Including Ozolinsh's contract - on which the team will get Long Term Injury relief until he is cleared to play - the Rangers are just under $40M on the $44M cap. They do not appear to have an offer on the table to left winger Martin Rucinsky, who, The Post has learned, has recently begun contacting other clubs after miscalculating by rejecting the Blueshirts' one-year, $3.1M offer in late June.

larry.brooks@nypost.com

i hope Rucinsky comes to his senses and stays put.
    even if its a 1 yr extension, for 1.5 mill & throw in some incentives.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2231

RANGERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH FEDOR TYUTIN
    8/2/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with restricted free agent defenseman Fedor Tyutin.

Tyutin, 23, skated in 77 games with the Rangers last season, registering six goals and 19 assists for 25 points, along with 58 penalty minutes. Among team defensemen, he ranked first in power play goals (four), tied for first in goals (six) and was second in scoring with 25 points. In addition, Tyutin picked up one assist along with four penalty minutes in eight games for Team Russia at the 2006 Olympic Games in Torino, Italy.

In 2004-05, he split the season with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League and SKA St. Petersburg of the Russian Hockey League. In 13 games with the Wolf Pack, Tyutin collected two goals and one assist, along with 10 penalty minutes. On November 15, 2004, he joined SKA St. Petersburg, and in 35 games with the Russian club, he tallied five goals and three assists, along with 24 penalty minutes.

The 6-2, 204-pound defenseman has appeared in 102 career NHL games, all with the Rangers, registering eight goals and 24 assists for 32 points, along with 72 penalty minutes. In 2003-04, Tyutin made his NHL debut on February 12 at Philadelphia and picked up his first NHL point on February 16 vs. Ottawa. In 56 career AHL contests with Hartford, he collected seven goals and 10 assists, along with 60 penalty minutes.

While playing in the Russian Hockey League for three seasons with SKA St. Petersburg and AK Bars Kazan (2000-01, 2002-03, 2004-05), Tyutin recorded eight goals and eight assists, along with 68 penalty minutes in 89 games. During the 2001-02 season, he opted to play in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Guelph Storm. In 53 games with the Storm, Tyutin registered 19 goals and 40 assists for 59 points, along with 54 penalty minutes. That season, he tied for third in scoring among all OHL defensemen with 59 points.

Internationally, Tyutin has represented his country at the World Junior Championships three times, winning gold each time (2001, 2002, 2003). In six games at the 2003 tournament, he registered three assists, along with 12 penalty minutes and a plus-10 rating. His plus-10 rating tied for second-best among all players.

The native of Izhevsk, Russia was the Rangers second round draft choice, 40th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues have signed free agent forward Martin Rucinsky.

"In Martin, we have added a veteran goal scorer with proven leadership skills to our line-up today," said Blues president John Davidson. "We are happy to have an opportunity to acquire a player of Martin's ability and look forward to his second stint with the St. Louis Blues."

Rucinsky, 35, was a point-per-game player last season with the New York Rangers, recording 55 points in 52 games. He has registered 20-plus goals in four of his 14 NHL seasons.

The 6-foot-1, 207-pound forward from Most, Czech Republic has appeared in 869 career NHL games during his NHL career, amassing 563 points along with 733 penalty minutes.

He was originally Edmonton's second selection, 20th overall, in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    Look at JD stealing one of ours !

not but seriously rucinsky probably did it to himself by turning down the initial 3 million dollar offer.

i liked him- wish him all the best in st louis.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2232

ranger's sign adam hall ,, player that dom moore was traded for
  • Options
    Damn, never realized there were so many blueshirt faithful out here... We re-signed Hossa!!! Aren't you excited? haha... Haven't really read many posts yet, but what do you guys think about Sykora? Should we re-sign? He may take the spot of a young guy like Dawes or Immonen or push a guy like Prucha to the 3rd line. I really think Cullen needs to move to the 3rd line though. The D is looking decent, although I still would've loved to see Leetch back in blue... wishful thinking
  • Options
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    Damn, never realized there were so many blueshirt faithful out here... We re-signed Hossa!!! Aren't you excited? haha... Haven't really read many posts yet, but what do you guys think about Sykora? Should we re-sign? He may take the spot of a young guy like Dawes or Immonen or push a guy like Prucha to the 3rd line. I really think Cullen needs to move to the 3rd line though. The D is looking decent, although I still would've loved to see Leetch back in blue... wishful thinking

we have 4 or 5 hard core fans thatpost here i think the group would agree on welcoming you!! lol

anyway i hated hossa such a waste of space ,,crazy thing is he could be good,,just cant finish
    i think we should have kept sykora ,,especially after losing ruchinsky but i dont think they are
    matt cullen is an excellent pickup perfect 3rd line guy who can score
    hope to see dawes and immonen make the squad ,, i think immonen proved he could play last year,,so he has a good shot at making the team

while the thought of bringing leetchie back is appealing ,, its not gonna happen ..even though we could def.use someone to quarterback the powerplay the thought of jagr on one side and shanny o n theother!! o boy!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome bro. I'm out here in San Diego--transplated NYer for the past 9 years. It's rough living with so many non-hockey fans, but hey, I can't complain about the weather!

I'm really hoping some young kids will surprise us this year. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the D with Richter, Staal, and Pock fighting for that last spot.

Cullen should be solid at the 3 spot, but that forces Straka to play Center which I don't think is his best position. I think he can handle it though, especially if he has Shanny on his wing and Prucha to do some of the dirty work.
  • Options
    needless to say we have alot of possible scenario's (which is a great thing to have) especially awesome because it involves alot of youth
    staal def. has potential to make the team,,if not b4 the season ,,he will def get called up during the season

this thread was set-up by mr. ranger bathgate 66 iamsure u will talk to him soon
    its been going strong since january gotta fly talk to you soon

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!