• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    730 pm ???? wtf

heavy bobby ryan talk......will take alot to get him though
    Versus
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hard to be this team and the refs on the same night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    fuckkk yeah!

incredible two shots.
    rival. wrote:
    fuckkk yeah!

incredible two shots.

keep it going

loving hags and mitchell together..very impressive so far
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    it was an original high stick call...how can we get fucked on this?

thank you
    :mrgreen:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Need this win to make up for yesterday's Giants loss
    I miss igotid88
    nooooooooooooooo 6 seconds!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

motha fucka

great 2nd till then
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    great game till now.
    :roll:
    well, its still exciting,
    but lets see the outcome.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    game 20 and im gonna have a heart-attack
    how can we be 1-8 on 5 on 3'
    make it 1 -9

crazy...

should have sealed this game
    if i was a betting man ..i say pens tie it

you know the refs are gonna give them a pp in this last 3 minutes
    bad hit by kunitz....especially so late
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Great win! Playoff-like hockey in November, great game.
    gabby...its an empty net :mrgreen::mrgreen:

whewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

great fucking game !!

3pts behind with 4 games in hand!!! :)
    eddiec wrote:
    Great win! Playoff-like hockey in November, great game.

sorry i didn't take this game ....but i'll gladly stay home if we win ;)

that beingsaid iam beyond glad i'm in my bed atm instead of 34th and 7ave :lol::lol:
    some final thoughts tonight

longest home win streak since 1990

we beat the caps.. flyers.. and pens in 5 days....not too shabby

gn boys...we can sleep with smiles tonight ;)
    crysby basically complaining about penalties is irony at its finest :roll:
    exciting game, great win.

little too close for comfort though after leading 4-1. not scoring on two long 2 man advantages sucked.

keep rolling!
    WHERE CAN WE BUY THE BROADWAY HAT??

for those going to the games... have any of these been surfacing in the crowds? if the rangers keep winning and rolling, i imagine people will be rocking these.
    rival. wrote:
    WHERE CAN WE BUY THE BROADWAY HAT??

for those going to the games... have any of these been surfacing in the crowds? if the rangers keep winning and rolling, i imagine people will be rocking these.

but the thing is theres only 1 broadway hat.

:thumbup:

http://networkedblogs.com/qPEjy?a=share&ref=nf

Less than a week ago, NHL skeptics, along with fans, felt that the Rangers’ winning record was purely a result of a supposedly “easy” schedule to start the season. First of all, that’s obviously not accurate, considering they opened their season on one of the longest, most daunting road trips in their history, starting overseas in Europe and traveling to Western Canada against the likes of Western Conference foes including the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Vancouver Canucks, gaining a victory against the latter.

Second of all, the Rangers later went on a tear, winning seven games in a row against some formidable opponents including a Western Conference powerhouse in the San Jose Sharks; an always dangerous Montreal Canadiens team; a speedy, revived Ottawa Senators team; and an always difficult New York Islanders team. And maybe to some, the Islanders aren’t considered a formidable opponent, but anyone who follows the Rangers knows that the games between these two teams are always up for grabs because of the intense rivalry that exists. Not to mention, winning seven games in a row in any league is not an easy task, regardless of the teams you play.

Disregarding all the nonsense about an easy schedule, during which the Rangers amassed a 10-4-3 record, they began a four-game stretch against what some referred to as more “difficult” opponents.

The first team the Rangers faced was the revamped Florida Panthers, who started out the season relatively slow but have since established some solid chemistry with their off-season acquisitions. After a loss to Montreal in the previous game, the Rangers came out flat against the Panthers and never recovered. This could very well have been a case of the Rangers taking the Panthers lightly simply because they’re the Panthers – a team that has historically been mediocre at best. After this victory against the Rangers, however, the Panthers were one point away from sitting atop the Eastern Conference. It’s safe to say that this game was a dud for the Rangers.

But if the Panthers game was night, then the upcoming games against the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, and Pittsburgh Penguins were day.

There is no denying that the Capitals have been one of the NHL’s most consistently dominant teams during the regular season in recent memory. And while they have struggled as of late, they still possess one of the greatest players in the world in Alexander Ovechkin. Complement him with the likes of Alexander Semin and Nicklas Backstrom and there’s always a chance for a huge offensive output. The Rangers came out strong, generating a solid forecheck and converting on a power play that has been practically non-existent so far this season. With strong performances by Ryan McDonagh, Ryan Callahan, and Brian Boyle, who finally broke out of his goal-scoring slump, the Rangers cruised to a 6-3 victory.

With very little time to rest, the Rangers were back at it again the very next day to host their arch-rival and Winter Classic opponent, the Flyers. The Flyers are no strangers to being on top. Ever since 2010, when they got a taste of what it’s like to be in the Stanley Cup Finals, they’ve been hungry to get back to the Big Dance to finally end their 35-year Stanley Cup drought. The Flyers have easily been one of the elite NHL teams in the last couple of years and are expected to go deep in the playoffs. This year has been no different for them so far.

The Rangers gave up an early breakaway to Scott Hartnell and then laid the clamp down on Philadelphia. The Flyers were unable to penetrate the Rangers’ defense and when they were able to get any quality shots off, they couldn’t find their way past Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist. Add in another solid performance from Brad Richards and Rangers rookie Carl Hagelin, who notched his first career NHL goal, and the Rangers emerged victorious with a 2-0 shutout.

The Rangers were now 2-0 against “good” teams. And these weren’t nail biters, either. These were two convincing victories.

Finally, the Eastern Conference-leading Penguins stormed into Madison Square Garden. The Penguins have probably been the most consistent team for the past five years. Amazingly, they’ve been an elite team for the past year without their all-star Sidney Crosby. When this season started without Crosby due to two concussions he suffered last year, many in Penguins Land held their chins up high, knowing that their team could perform very well without him. They knew that when he returned, they’d be even better. So Sid the Kid returned with a vengeance. Before entering Tuesday’s match-up with the Rangers, Crosby racked up nine points in just four games – impressive.

The game started out with a bang. Less than three minutes in, Rangers agitator Sean Avery and Penguins forward Tyler Kennedy dropped the gloves. The tone was set. After the Rangers took three penalties, though, being a man down finally caught up with them. The Penguins struck first on the power play with just three minutes to go in a very spirited first period. The Rangers were not dejected, however.

After coming out slow to start the second period, the Rangers exploded for four goals against Marc Andre-Fleury, who hadn’t let in more than three goals yet this season. Brad Richards, once again, displayed why he was brought to New York, finishing the game with one goal and two assists. Another strong effort from Hagelin, which pretty much assured him a spot on the club, and a sign of life from the Rangers atrocious power play ultimately led the Rangers to a 4-3 victory over the Penguins, and a three-game winning streak against upper echelon NHL teams.

While there’s still plenty of work to do for the Rangers, including learning how to play a full 60-minute hockey game, connecting on the power play, and avoiding long stretches of time scrambling in their own zone, it is clear that they can play with the elite teams.

They now sit just three points away from the Eastern Conference’s top-seeded Penguins at the quarter mark of the season – and they still have four games in hand.

Now the question is: When will the Rangers be considered an elite team?
    platessmall.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    no question, you guys are playing good hockey right now.

just don't to high up yet....you never know when an injury bug is going to hit, or a slump is going to come out of the blue.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mitchell_1129.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    81 wrote:
    no question, you guys are playing good hockey right now.

just don't to high up yet....you never know when an injury bug is going to hit, or a slump is going to come out of the blue.

Sort of like losing out best d man who plays 30 minutes prr game for most of the season...it hit us hard already
  • so thoughts on these bobby ryan rumors?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    so thoughts on these bobby ryan rumors?

not ssure if he's even on the table or not,
    but i dont think we should give mcdonough up,
    for anything.
    period.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

for anything.
    period.

there seems to be some buzz that he is and that him and the coach in Anaheim are not exactly best buds.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    bobby ryan is heating up as xman said

very interesting ...keep every player on roster

try a package with zuccy and a ryan borque type and a del zotto

would hate to give up dubi...but i would listen

ryan is 6'2....not extra psychical..but has size
    Bathgate66 wrote:

for anything.
    period.

NO WAY...we know the untouchables....the habs made that mistake...we can't

according to slats del zotto and dubi weren't in that list

i like mikey d but i would give him up