Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    How's it going, Nick?

- I'm drunk.

Nah!

- I'm not bullshittin' ya. Got stinkin' shitfaced on the bus. Louise left me,
    and that son of a bitch over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm shitfaced.

Jeez, I'm really sorry.

-Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.

???????????
    :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,557
    its kind of sad that we gave up a 3rd round draft pick for him...at the time it was a great move but now that hes a bum and no one is going to want to take him from us...we just lost on the deal
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    its kind of sad that we gave up a 3rd round draft pick for him...at the time it was a great move but now that hes a bum and no one is going to want to take him from us...we just lost on the deal

i totally agree.
    he's now been blacklisted for sure.
    even before this incident, he sucked it up lately .
    Now one has to really speculate that he was possibly under the influence while he was out there pretending to play hockey.
    it blows your mind !
    i usually feel bad or sorry for atheltes in this circumstance - like Theo Fleury a few years ago- but this time , for some reason- i feel very little for this man . Oh well. maybe in time ,..
    regardless- he should be sent away, far away, and maybe try it out in Hartford till his contract is up.Also, I'm thinking that hius current contract is probably now null-and-void since he is a repeat offender of substance abuse. The DWI just enforces that ,...

we shall see......

thanks for posting that - i had not heard anything about that !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ???????????
    :confused:

Never saw the movie Slapshot?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    sorry

i have seen the movie but my recall skills are diminished.

gotta love the hansen brothers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/story/414950p-350691c.html

Rangers alive in award races

On Monday, Jaromir Jagr will take care of one of the painful consequences of the Rangers' unfulfilling playoff appearance: he will undergo surgery to repair ligaments and tendons damaged by a separated left shoulder.
    Yesterday, Jagr, Henrik Lundqvist and Tom Renney learned that the club's surprisingly successful regular season might have more to give them.

Jagr was named one of the three finalists for the Hart Memorial Trophy. Lundqvist was named a finalist for the Vezina Trophy. And Renney was named a finalist for the Jack Adams Award.

The winners of the NHL's regular-season awards will be revealed at a ceremony in Vancouver on June 22.

Should Jagr win the Hart, he will be the Rangers' first NHL MVP since Mark Messier in 1991-92. San Jose's Joe Thornton and Calgary goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff are the two other finalists, the three having earned the most points in voting by members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association at season's end.

Jagr also was named a finalist for the Lester B. Pearson Award along with Thornton and Washington's Alexander Ovechkin. The league's players vote on their choice for the NHL's best player with the Pearson Award.

In a poll of the league's general managers, Lundqvist and Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur joined Kiprusoff in receiving the three highest vote totals for the Vezina, which goes to the NHL's outstanding goaltender. The last Ranger to win the Vezina Trophy was John Vanbiesbrouck in 1985-86.

No Rangers coach has ever won the Jack Adams Award, which goes to the league's top coach as voted by the NHL Broadcasters Association. Renney joins Carolina's Peter Laviolette and Buffalo's Lindy Ruff as a finalist.

Lundqvist was not named a finalist for the Calder Trophy, which goes to the NHL Rookie of the Year. Ovechkin, Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby and Calgary's Dion Phaneuf are the Calder finalists.

John Dellapina

Originally published on May 5, 2006
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    what do ya mean retire. hockey season never ends, still got the draft and offseason
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    what do ya mean retire. hockey season never ends, still got the draft and offseason

i did say " retire for the summer "

;)

hey & lookey there- NJ Devils are getting spanked for a change .

looks like our NJ shows might NOT be jeapordized as far as the devils are concerned ! now all we need is those Nets to lose to the Heat .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    SURGERY FOR DARIUS

By LARRY BROOKS
    DARIUS KASPARAITIS
    http://www.nypost.com/photos/rangerslede05102006.jpg

May 10, 2006 --

Perhaps there's an explanation after all for Darius Kasparaitis' failure to score a goal all season.

All right; a different explanation.

For when the Rangers' defenseman, who was limited to — and in — only two of the team's four playoff games against the Devils and just one of the final 13 regular- season matches because of a groin injury, underwent his post-season medical, club physicians found a tear in his left shoulder that will be surgically repaired today at St. Vincent's Hospital.

Kasparaitis, who registered six assists in 67 games and whose last NHL goal came on Dec. 20, 2003, is expected to be ready for the opening of training camp. He was one of four NHL players to play at least 65 games without scoring a goal, joined by Tampa Bay's Nolan Pratt (0-9 in 82 games), Toronto's Aki Berg (0-8 in 75) and Atlanta's Shane Hnidy (0-3 in 66).

He is, however, the only one of that quartet known to have played with a tear in the labrum.

torn labrum = [size=+5] OUCH ! [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    bumped for fellow blueshirt fans rivaling in the devils imminent demise
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow- 1,000 replies here !

The goalie that lived w/ JD was Blackburn

already retired due to a bum shoulder
    :(

& FYI- not to sound like a dick but:
    actually, Sam Rosen said " ..this one will last a lifetime "
    JD made " Oh Baby " & " Fishnagels" popular on the MSG airwaves.

D"OH. I can't believe I thought that was JD
  • Options
    http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2163

but does this Irishman speak " Czech " ?

;)

[size=+4] _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    from NHL.com:

( i'm on the mailing list )

figured i'd share here- alltho my fellow Blueshirt fans, like me,, are in the midst of a Pearl Jam Tour,...
    but still.....

Here's Our Thanks for a Great Season...

25% OFF Your Order Throughout the Playoffs!*

Shop Now!
    http://shop.nhl.com/entry.point?target=z&source=CME_NHL:homepage:HTML:NHL_05_12_06_TYFANS

*exclusions apply
  • Options
    so we dont know who is staying-

a few free agents loom:
    Sykora, Ruchin, Rucinsky, Poti , Straka & Strudwick.

we all know about the ever- growing -farm system:

Pock, Immonen, Staal, Dawes, Federov ,Giroux,Jessiman, Wiseman, Lampman,..all in all plenty to go around.

but these possible additions make me want the season to start tommorow:

Chara( from Ottawa ), Elias ( from NJ ---- ouch that hurts ) and I heard even Brendan Shanahan ( from Detroit ). That would be pretty awesome !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so we dont know who is staying-

a few free agents loom:
    Sykora, Ruchin, Rucinsky, Poti , Straka & Strudwick.

we all know about the ever- growing -farm system:

Pock, Immonen, Staal, Dawes, Federov ,Giroux,Jessiman, Wiseman, Lampman,..all in all plenty to go around.

but these possible additions make me want the season to start tommorow:

Chara( from Ottawa ), Elias ( from NJ ---- ouch that hurts ) and I heard even Brendan Shanahan ( from Detroit ). That would be pretty awesome !

that would be the old ranger's ,,,getting shanahan
    especially funny because we could have had him 10 years ago for kovalev
    when he was still in his prime
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that would be the old ranger's ,,,getting shanahan
    especially funny because we could have had him 10 years ago for kovalev
    when he was still in his prime

Elias and Chara would be awesome. Not sure how I would feel about Shannahan either.
  • Options
    the sens are in quite a pickel ...

another year wasted with loads of talent

do they try and keep both redden and chara

or do they make an effort to keep 1 of the 2

chara played like shit against buffalo so maybe they will push harder to keep redden,, and then chara can put on the red white and blue??

we shall see
  • Options
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

That's dedication, but a butterface (apologies if thats anyone's girlfriend, just being honest here).
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    That's dedication, but a butterface (apologies if thats anyone's girlfriend, just being honest here).

thats fucked up,,its my girl!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    just kidding
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    LOL !

butterface!

LOL !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    u mean fuckers,,,i post a pic of a true blue fan with a nice body and ranger's belly rings and belts and u guys abuse her face?? cmon

careful she's a gatti not to be confused with a gotti

p.s. i could care less,,but its a cool pic
  • Options
    I'd bang her
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u mean fuckers,,,i post a pic of a true blue fan with a nice body and ranger's belly rings and belts and u guys abuse her face?? cmon

careful she's a gatti not to be confused with a gotti

p.s. i could care less,,but its a cool pic

She does have a smoking body, and its awesome that she's so dedicated to the Rangers. That belly button ring is hot, but her face just doesn't do it for me.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    id bang her and shes a rangers fan too
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    NY PJ1 wrote:

new to these threads, and i would like to start off by saying that this girl is ridiculous! wouldnt mind running into her at a game. damn!
  • Options
    new to these threads, and i would like to start off by saying that this girl is ridiculous! wouldnt mind running into her at a game. damn!

welcome to the thread and the boards !

we are all hardcore [size=+3] New York Ranger[/size] fans here . Heck even a few fans of other area teams join us to banter occasionally.

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options

whaz up dude !! glad to have ya,, as u can see bath started this thread during the year and it has become the catalyst for all other sports teams threads..

looking forward to chating during the season

first ,,we have some shows to see

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
  • Options
    if any of those free agents ( above ) bolts out of NY, maybe we will get a look at this guy next season . Physicality is something we need.

http://newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2173

DAWES TURNS HEADS WITH A STANDOUT YEAR IN AHL
    5/17/2006

By Dan Hickling
    Special to newyorkrangers.com

In hockey, you have forwards of many different descriptions.

Some can skate, some can finish, and some can dish out a timely lick.

And then there is Nigel Dawes. He can do all three.

The dynamic first-year left wing showed that by scoring 35 goals and 32 assists for the Hartford Wolf Pack while earning his stripes as one of the top rookies in the American Hockey League in 2005-06.

He also earned the respect of opposing coaches, such as Kevin Dineen of the Portland Pirates.

Dineen said that he heard plenty about Dawes just as the season was getting started.

"(Anaheim GM) Brian Burke said he was one of the better juniors he'd seen play," said Dineen, "so we knew he had some special talent. He's one of those guys who is effective most times he's on the ice."

Dawes, a fifth-round pick by the New York Rangers in the 2004 draft, has always been a prolific scorer. He popped in 144 goals in his last three seasons with the Kootenay Ice (WHL), including an even 50 in 2004-05, his final season there.

But translating a stellar junior career into success at the American Hockey League level is more easily said than done. And even though he sewed up a spot in the Wolf Pack lineup when the team broke training camp, Dawes said he had the usual rookie butterflies.

"Anytime you come into a new league," he said, "you don't know what to expect. You just play as well as you can, and once you get comfortable, you just try to play better game in and game out, and try to get that consistency."

After a slow start, Dawes caught fire in January, tallying 10 times while recording three multi-goal games in a row. He finished the season as the AHL's second leading rookie goal-getter, trailing only Houston's Patrick O'Sullivan, the league's rookie of the year.

"Adjusting to the speed (was key)," he said. "Everything's a little faster, so you have to come in and get comfortable. Once you get that, it's just hockey. I don't think I had to change my game that much.

“Once you get comfortable you just go back to what you've been doing, and what's gotten you here. I think over the year that's what I've done. Now, it's just a matter of tuning up some little things that need working on. Whether it be in the D zone or the forecheck. Personally I've tried to do that throughout the year."

Along the way, he's managed to adopt a physical edge to his game. Opposing forwards have had to learn not to skate with their head down while Dawes is on the ice.

"He plays hard," said Dineen. "He hits guys when they're not ready."

Even with his sensational success in his first year, Dawes knows the next level will require even more of him. And he plans to put in the work necessary to make that step.

"I think I've just got to improve on a couple of things," he said. "Try to get a quicker first and second step, and (get) some top-end speed. I think the biggest thing is just consistency. You have to go in there and perform night in and night out.

“I think if you can do that, there's a chance you can make the (next) step. You have to be able to play all over the ice. I think I've improved my consistency, (but) I've just got to keep playing, and producing offensively. Then go into camp next year in good shape."
    platessmall.jpg