B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    but what about Stepan ?
    :?:

HE MADE THE TEAM

as did ruslan 1 year 1 mil

with drury and prospal out they were needed...even though they earned a spot
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    PUMPED FOR SATURDAY. PUMPED FOR THE SEASON.

and monday's game with the islanders will actually mean something for the time being. both teams won't be jockeying for the 12th spot in the east. :x
    as soon as i opened this an email came for tickets :mrgreen:

my nieces jersey came yesterday

got her the home blue with her name and birthday on the back :mrgreen: ...she's 5 and the jersey is so tiny :mrgreen:

cant wait to give it to her on monday

good thing she was born on the 11th ...like the moose
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

got her the home blue with her name and birthday on the back :mrgreen: ...she's 5 and the jersey is so tiny :mrgreen:

cute! nice work!
    rival. wrote:

cute! nice work!

yea 5 yrs ols..now is the time to brainwash :lol:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    After practice on Monday, Tim Kennedy was talking to The Post about having been bought out by the Sabres in August, four days after being awarded $1 million in salary arbitration.

"It just shows you that they're not your friends," Kennedy, who thereafter signed a one-year, $550,000 free-agent contract with the Rangers, said of management. "They never gave me a reason.

"You find out that it's a cold business."

It grew even colder and stranger for Kennedy yesterday when the Blueshirts surprisingly placed the 24-year-old forward on waivers along with Todd White in order to gain, "some options in case somebody becomes available in the next day or two we think we can use," according to GM Glen Sather.

Getty Images
    BOWLED OVER: Tim Kennedy, seen crashing into Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard in a preseason game, is looking for work after being waived by the Rangers yesterday. The Rangers began the day with approximately $1.1 million in cap space. Deleting White's $2.375 million would thus have left the Blueshirts with around $3.475 million to invest. Unless Sather is zeroing in on a defenseman making between that and $4 million -- and sources report this is not the case, that nothing at all is imminent -- exposing Kennedy makes no sense, with it a near certainty that the utility forward will be claimed.

No, the Rangers didn't exactly waive Rick Middleton here. And no, if Kennedy goes, it's not going to mean the end of the season before it even begins.

But it's extremely difficult to find an NHL player who can contribute at $550,000. What's more, it's extremely difficult to conceive of a better fit at the moment to fill the role as the Rangers' 13th forward than Kennedy, who plays both wing and center, kills penalties, and who would be a low-maintenance scratch for head coach John Tortorella, who referred questions on the waivers issue to Sather.

It's no secret that the Rangers are seeking a veteran defenseman, preferably one who plays the left side. Not that anyone expects Sheldon Souray to become available within the next 24 hours on re-entry, but the Blueshirts would have been able to clear the space to accommodate the defenseman's re-entry $2.7 million simply by waiving White.

Barring something unforeseen, White likely will head to the AHL once Chris Drury is healthy and ready to join the lineup.

Sather can create space for this season, but the Rangers have a serious 2011 summer cap problem that will mitigate against the GM being able to acquire a high-priced player with a contract that runs into next year.

Remember, Wade Redden's $6.5 million comes back onto the cap for the offseason. The Blueshirts currently have $52.49 million committed to 12 players (plus Redden) next summer, not counting likely meaningful increases off qualifiers for restricted free agents Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov.

It's impossible to project next summer's cap, which will include the annual 10-percent cushion. But there's a strong possibility that the NHLPA will not exercise a 5-percent bump going into the final year of the CBA. As such, next season's cap probably won't increase much at all from this year's $59.4 million.

If the Rangers are going to get into the free agent game, and Brad Richards is going to be out there, then Sather has to begin counting 2011-12 nickels right now.

But even that doesn't make the decision to place Kennedy on waivers more understandable. Bizarre. But then it's been a bizarre year for Kennedy.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... z11bqWmmIF
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Remember, Wade Redden's $6.5 million comes back onto the cap for the offseason. The Blueshirts currently have $52.49 million committed to 12 players (plus Redden) next summer, not counting likely meaningful increases off qualifiers for restricted free agents Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov.

It's impossible to project next summer's cap, which will include the annual 10-percent cushion. But there's a strong possibility that the NHLPA will not exercise a 5-percent bump going into the final year of the CBA. As such, next season's cap probably won't increase much at all from this year's $59.4 million.

If the Rangers are going to get into the free agent game, and Brad Richards is going to be out there, then Sather has to begin counting 2011-12 nickels right now.

/quote]

disheartening paragraphs there. what a mess this has become, and it won't work itself out for years.
    Sad what sat her has done
    Opening night kiddies.
    A new beginning.
    A new team
    New faces,....

Lets hope for a new outcome come April / May .

Lets Go Rangers .
    platessmall.jpg
  • way for them to open against the Yankees... the drive for eighth place begins tonight..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,798
    HAT TRICK
    I miss igotid88
    Holy stepan!

Ps- your mom is cute kid ;)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,798
    rival. wrote:
    Holy stepan!

Ps- your mom is cute kid ;)

i know and his sister also.
    I miss igotid88
    gotta love the rangers using "Faithful" duri ng opening segments !
    Stepan looking really good

also funny seeing Dubinsky giving the kid a kiss.
    platessmall.jpg
    WOW only the 4 th player in 93 years to do that!!

maybe we got a diamond in the rough with this kid

good start boys :mrgreen:

avery with a slick backhanded pass
    plus, the 1st player in franchise history to do that!

Hat tricks all the way, Stepan !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

SHOULD OF HAD 4 and could of had 5 :shock:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

yeah he missed the open net towards the end.
    Instead he hit the post.
    His teammates probably busted his chops about missing that one, .....
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

yeah he missed the open net towards the end.
    Instead he hit the post.
    His teammates probably busted his chops about missing that one, .....

good article in the post today about the renovations and word leaking about the real blue seats coming back :mrgreen:
    Ready for some afternoon old time hockey

Fuck the sticks :mrgreen:
    argh. am i the only person at work today?

fuckers.
    Pre game fireworks :mrgreen:
    Fight 1. :mrgreen:

Good one
    you're killing me man!

looking forward to rangers in 60 tonight though.
    Refs ruin mywhole. Day
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Refs ruin mywhole. Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

RAG$ $UCK

:mrgreen::lol::D:)8-)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I missed the entire game

( alltho i caught the very end on radio )

I heard there were questionable calls on Staal towards the end?

Figures an old Ranger ( PA Parenteau ) comes back to bite us in the ass,....

Ill be looking for the re broadcast tonight as well,..
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    call coulda gone either way but hey sometimes it happens against your team. we've all seen bull shit calls go against both teams during non rag$/isles games.

Bathgate66 wrote:
    I missed the entire game

( alltho i caught the very end on radio )

Figures an old Ranger ( PA Parenteau ) comes back to bite us in the ass,....

Ill be looking for the re broadcast tonight as well,..

That was a mistake high stick...the cally tripping call 1 minute b4 was total shit

Good to see the coliseum sold out...not

Afternoon on a holiday against the rangers and the place isn,t near sold-out...joke of a team

That was a mistake high stick...the cally tripping call 1 minute b4 was total shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0
    Good to see the coliseum sold out...not

Afternoon on a holiday against the rangers and the place isn,t near sold-out...joke of a team
    yea cause the rangers do so well being in cup contention year in and year out, right?

:roll: :lol::lol::lol: