:eek:

:D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • i'm sure avery would classify wade belak into the minor league bonehead category...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i'm sure avery would classify wade belak into the minor league bonehead category...

totally
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    it started in the pregame skating warmups

:eek:

:D

2 games in a row

the other team is all messed up b4 the game starts lol
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    that's fine and dandy..

keep going after avery. i love watching the rangers go on the powerplay when other teams can't take his lip.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    I really hope Avery didn't make that comment about Blake, that is a little over the line.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    I really hope Avery didn't make that comment about Blake, that is a little over the line.

These guys are saying it was about Tucker and his family.
    Wouldn't be surprising.
    i seriously doubt he said anything about blake
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i seriously doubt he said anything about blake

if you watch the video, he barely said 2 words to blake!

all of the yapping was toward tucker.
    I hear Avery has a meeting with Colin Campbell Today, for whatever or whoever he said something to.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • I hate both guys equally Tucker and Avery

I thought it was hilarious after the game Tucker calling Avery "Classless"

Tucker is the biggest piece of shit in the game and he's talking about classless
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I hate both guys equally Tucker and Avery

Tucker is the biggest piece of shit in the game and he's talking about classless

thats the funny thing with this,,, its tucker involved
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I hate both guys equally Tucker and Avery

" The Pot Calling The Kettle Black "
    platessmall.jpg
    Avery: I Was Libeled
    AVERY: I WAS LIBELED
    By LARRY BROOKS
    November 13, 2007 -- TORONTO - Sean Avery is preparing to file a libel charge against a Toronto radio personality who reported yesterday that Saturday's pregame skirmish between the Rangers' winger and the Maple Leafs' Darcy Tucker was incited by Avery referring to Jason Blake's cancer condition, The Post has learned.

Advised by his attorney to decline public comment, Avery has privately denied the charge as broadcast by Howard Berger over The Fan 590.

Berger cited an unnamed Rangers player as the original source of the report.

Tucker, who called Avery "classless" after the match, engaged in a first-period fight with the Rangers' antagonist, but that appeared to be no more than a renewal of the rivalry between the agitators, who also fought April 1 at the Garden.

No other Maple Leaf - including former Islander Blake, who continues to play after recently being diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, and was among the dozen or so players from both teams surrounding the pregame scrum - challenged the winger in the game.

Maple Leafs coach Paul Maurice, who surely would have been aware of such comments had they actually been made, said after the game that he had no problem with Avery's pregame antics.

The Post has learned that Avery has been summoned for a hearing here today with NHL Executive VP Colin Campbell.

While Avery is likely to be fined and receive a warning from the league's disciplinary office, he is not expected to be suspended.

larry.brooks@nypost.com

as much as a deuschebag Avery can be, I doubt he said anything about Blakes Leukemia to him- i mean really :rolleyes:

seems pretty desperate , after the fact, for Tucker to start such trash rumours.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Avery: I Was Libeled

[/b]

as much as a deuschebag Avery can be, I doubt he said anything about Blakes Leukemia to him- i mean really :rolleyes:

seems pretty desperate , after the fact, for Tucker to start such trash rumours.

Um, where in the piece does it say that Tucker said that Avery said anything about Blakes condition, it was Howard Berger a reporter and un-named ranger
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Um, where in the piece does it say that Tucker said that Avery said anything about Blakes condition, it was Howard Berger a reporter and un-named ranger

oh okay.

still, pretty lame- even moreso from someone that wasnt even on the ice

double- deuschebag

( tuckers still a deuschebag too )
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    It'll be interesting to see tomorrow what the Ranger/Devils supporters split will be at "The Rock". I'm going there with seats in the upper deck behind one of the nets, I heard that area is still as steep as CAA, but hope to have a full report on Thursday.
    Jw
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh okay.

still, pretty lame- even moreso from someone that wasnt even on the ice

double- deuschebag

( tuckers still a deuschebag too )
    Bet you'd love have him and Avery as teammates though, i know i would.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    from the Bulletin:

November 13, 2007
    Rangers Back Up Avery
    While Sean Avery is in Toronto for a hearing with Colin Campbell, back here at the Rangers' practice rink, Brendan Shanahan vehemently denied that the Rangers' superpest said anything about Jason Blake's illness, noting that Blake himself and Darcy Tucker confirmed that. Jaromir Jagr denied that anyone in the Rangers' dressing room would have ever said anything like that to the Toronto radio reporter who first floated the story and who may have to face legal action by Avery. Jagr also noted that a) Tucker and Blake were equally culpable for the pre-game altercation just for being there -- they had the option to skate away, and b) Tucker was at fault for letting Avery get under his skin and escalating what until then was nothing. (There will probably be more on this from Blueshirts Blog and Rangers Report -- they had their recorders running while I was watching the guys on the ice.)

Meanwhile, on the ice, Jagr worked with Brandon Dubinsky on his shooting, working a couple of drills along with assistant coach Mike Pelino, and pulling the young center aside for extra advice. How does a back-up goalie like Steve Valiquette stay sharp in practice? Working on a drill like that with Jagr and Dubinsky, having to face a hundred Jagr shots with no defensive help, that's how. Down the other end of the rink, when all the other rookies were gone (except Dubinsky with Jagr), Michal Rozsival and Fedor Tyutin fired slap shots from the point. Earlier, Perry Pearn woked with Nigel Dawes on fielding and handling pucks at the left wing half boards on the break-out.
    platessmall.jpg
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Jagr also noted that a) Tucker and Blake were equally culpable for the pre-game altercation just for being there -- they had the option to skate away, and b) Tucker was at fault for letting Avery get under his skin and escalating what until then was nothing. (There will probably be more on this from Blueshirts Blog and Rangers Report -- they had their recorders running while I was watching the guys on the ice.)
    in summary..........

"It's not his fault. He wouldn't have done it if they weren't standing there."

I hope my kids don't get wind of this defense.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    in summary..........

"It's not his fault. He wouldn't have done it if they weren't standing there."

I hope my kids don't get wind of this defense.

HE MEANT THEY STOOD THERE and went back and forth

tucker and avery are both responsible
    Avery Responds

AVERY STATEMENT REGARDING RECENT REPORTS
    NEWS ARCHIVE SEARCH
    Enter a keyword to search the news archive
    (e.g. Renney)

General news index >>

11/13/2007

On Tuesday afternoon, the Rangers organization released the following statement to the press on behalf of forward Sean Avery.

Avery made the following remarks regarding recent media reports:

"I am extremely upset and hurt that false and damaging comments were attributed to me regarding Jason Blake. I made no such comments. I have lost two grandfathers to cancer and have been a consistent contributor to multiple cancer related charities, first and foremost, Hockey Fights Cancer. I am unable to comment further, as the matter is now being addressed by legal counsel."

looks like that radioguy is gonna pay
    platessmall.jpg
  • Jwmcc wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see tomorrow what the Ranger/Devils supporters split will be at "The Rock". I'm going there with seats in the upper deck behind one of the nets, I heard that area is still as steep as CAA, but hope to have a full report on Thursday.
    Jw

I might also be able to give a report from the media standpoint. From what I've heard, the pressbox is fairly high up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    " The Pot Calling The Kettle Black "

Exactly

The Flyers have a Tucker/Avery type guy on the way...Downie

I'm sure he's going to be labeled and if not already labeled a scumbag

Bathgate66 wrote:
    Avery Responds

looks like that radioguy is gonna pay

this is so messed up saying avery said that

now believe me ,,im sure he told tucker he slept w/ his wife or something lol but not about cancer

keith jones was funny he just said talking about familes and wives is a "gray area" while smirking,, he knows it goes on alot in the league
    I might also be able to give a report from the media standpoint. From what I've heard, the pressbox is fairly high up.

Yeah, in the CAA they used to put the scorers that give the info to nhl.com and the media the worst seats in the house. From what I hear and have seen stats wise that hasn't changed.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    this is so messed up saying avery said that

now believe me ,,im sure he told tucker he slept w/ his wife or something lol but not about cancer

keith jones was funny he just said talking about familes and wives is a "gray area" while smirking,, he knows it goes on alot in the league

The players do what they can to throw people off their game, for example, who could forget the famous Stevens/Trottier/Bellows video from the '91 finals:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7087099771269561926&q=%22Bellows%22&total=518&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
  • You bitches are going down Thursday !!

LET'S GO FLYERS !!!