• Bathgate66 wrote:
    well, one can look at the fact that it took boston 3 1/2 years to beat us,

but that still doesnt help that we are now 2-6,

is it too early to panic ?

NO.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:

we'll turn it around....I told you Dawes was gonna be nice.

Why is it so important that Drury or Gomez center the 1st line? Cause of the money??? Fuck that..The team and chemistry come 1st. Try Straka centering Jags and Prucha 1st line, and Gomez or Drury centering a 2nd line with Shanny, and Dawes with Callahan and Avery on a 3rd line when he comes back.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Well you won't have to worry about Straka for a while since he got hurt today.

Damn this team can't score in a brothal!
    Jw
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:

you can also look at the fact that boston has been awful so that's really no accomplishment ;)

i may have to dust off the Brad Park jersey ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    god i hate Versus coverage.Oh well, better then nothing i guess,
    theres always the radio.
    :p

And , can we get the party started already ?

I seem to remeber Tootoo and Colby Armsrong taking liberties with NYRs last time.

keep the eyes on these fuckers.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    This is the worst start goal scoring wise through the first eight games in club history since the early 50's. That's all I'm gonna say about that.
    Jw
    we need Sean Avery back, desperately.

he wouldve thrown malkin, cosby, tootoo all off their games
    and he wouldve been in the face of fleury all night long.
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    MSG NY also mentioned that according to that alliance bureau this is the first time in franchise history ( 80 something years ) that the NYRs have lost ( 2 ) 1 -0 goal games in a row ?
    could this be true ?

this does NOT look too good out there.

Still waiting for the fairweather thread to pop up gloating...or have I missed it?
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    MSG NY also mentioned that according to that alliance bureau this is the first time in franchise history ( 80 something years ) that the NYRs have lost ( 2 ) 1 -0 goal games in a row ?
    could this be true ?

that's true, according to the Elias Sports Bureau ;)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rangers offense? wtf?
  • they couldn't score in a whorehouse with a fist full of cocaine.

not worried though, they will soon get their shit together.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    rangers offense
    That phrase is now officially considered an oxymoron.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Jwmcc wrote:
    that's true, according to the Elias Sports Bureau ;)

the patrick elias bureau ? :confused:

anyhow- i knew i had heard that,

and thats unbelieve-able.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:

another reason why we need to sign him long term!
    i seem to remember him turning the season around after his arriv al last season.

perhaps he will do the same this season after his return from this latest injury,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Thomas Pock, .....waived ? :eek:

Bulletin
    October 24, 2007
    Snakebitten Rangers Shut Out Again
    UPDATE: Thomas Pock waived, Ryan Callahan likely out tomorrow with a slighly sprained knee, per Rangers Report -- badly bruised, according to BB reader Marc (his girlfriend attended to Callahan at MRI). Look for a call-up from Hartford to replace Pock/Callahan -- won't be Dave Scatchard, who is sidelined with a groin strain.

Only two teams have given up fewer goals per game this season than the New York Rangers, and those teams are a combined 13-1-1. Only one team has taken more shots on goal per game than the Rangers, and that team is 8-1-0. Only two teams have a larger positive differential in shots for vs. shots against than the Rangers, and those teams have a combined record of 10-4-1. Only ten teams have given up fewer shots on goal per game than the Rangers, and those teams are a combined 43-28-5. Only seven goalies have a better goals against average than Henrik Lundqvist's 2.00, and they have a combined record of 28-6. Only seven goalies have a better save percentage than Henrik Lundqvist's .927, and they have a combined record of 31-6. By every measure, the Rangers should be at their rightful place among the league's elite -- except one: goals.

The Rangers are dead last in the league in goal scoring. They've scored the fewest goals of any team. They are the only team who don't even average the meager sum of two goals per game (1.62). They've been shut out three times and have scored just one goal twice in eight games. They've been shut out twice in a row now, and in the last four games have only scored power play goals and only when they were trailing by three. They have had three periods in which they've scored three goals or more, and have scored just three in total in their other 21 periods of play, plus one overtime and one shootout. So it's hardly a surprise that they've stumbled out of the gate at 2-5-1, 1-5-1 since opening night, 0-3-1 in their last four.

Last night in Pittsburgh, the Rangers did everything but score. They outshot the Penguins 36-22 (73-44 in total shot attempts). They dominated all but two shifts per period plus the five power plays the Penguins were gifted by referees playing to Versus's "Sell Sidney" promotional effort (while the Penguins were allowed to freely trip Rangers left and right, especially around the net). They skated hard and with purpose and made plays. But nothing went into the net. Despite all their good work, they were shut out for the second straight game by a goalie who didn't have to make a single big save -- all of their best chances they either shot wide (including three off the goal frame) or shot into a defender or the goalie.

Every Ranger except one felt that they were on the right track pouring shots onto the net, knowing that eventually they would start going in. Perhaps the most important of that group was Lundqvist himself, who has given up just one goal in the past two games but has lost both. "Don't change anything, just keep playing the way we are," he told the Daily News after last night's game. "Maybe a little bit more intense, be a little more hungry. We're doing all the other stuff right. The 'D' play is great." The lone exception was Jaromir Jagr, who took twelve shots last night but got only four on net (one hit iron) -- his line with Scott Gomez and Marcel Hossa took 21 total shots but put only eight on goal. Jagr told the News that he thinks the Rangers need to be more patient and generate higher quality scoring chances.

Either way, Jagr has to be front and center in solving this problem. He has just one goal in eight games, the slowest start of his career in a season he promised would be his best ever. And he is the captain, so he must lead the Rangers out of the quagmire they have dug for themselves. Right behind him is Brendan Shanahan, who also has just one goal in eight games despite leading the league with 50 shots on goal. A few games ago, Shanahan could say his shots were high quality shots, but not the past two games. Larry Brooks raises some valid concerns in the Post about whether age has finally caught up with Shanahan.

These are the team's leaders, a pair of 600-goal scorers who are sure Hall of Famers. Coach Tom Renney said before the season that if things were going well, he'd stand behind his leaders, but that if they faltered he'd get in front of them. He did all the right things preparing the team for this game -- simplifying the attack, focusing it on net, sticking to a sensible line rotation, and getting a good effort in every zone. Now he has to take an intangible step to break the logjam. Maybe this wouldn't have happened had he started the season with the line configuration he said in pre-season was obvious to the whole world -- maybe they would have worked the kinks out by now. Now that he's squandered his early-season cushion, he has to come up with something to turn the team's fortunes -- and it's not going to be an X or an O or a new line that does the trick.

Other games reports: the Times, Newsday, NYR.com, NHL.com, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, and Post-Gazette. Game notes from the Post-Gazette (including a summary of Jagr gambling allegations from a new book that we've seen before) and USA Today. Pre-game notes from the reporters' blogs -- Blueshirts Blog on Sean Avery, plus Blue Notes. The Times has a report on yesterday's hearing in the Rangers' lawsuit vs. the NHL over their web site. On the prospect front, the Courant has a feature on Greg Moore, Matt Zaba impressed in his pro debut in Charlotte (Chris Holt was recalled by the Wolf Pack to take the place of Al Montoya, out with a back injury), Jess Rubenstein has an update at Prospect Park, and Mitch Beck checks in at Howlings.

Posted by Dubi on October 24, 2007 at 12:11 PM | Permalink | Comments (53)
    platessmall.jpg
  • callahan is out indefinitely with a Grade 2 knee sprain..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Always found it kinda weird that injuries seem to come in spurts, either everyone is healthy or half the team is on IR, it's worse than the flu.
    shame about Callys knee.

the absolute only " bright spot " thus far in this early season has been Nigel Dawes .

Even the tools on versus made mention of this fact.

the guy was flying , involved, and taking shots.

speedy little fella,...
    platessmall.jpg
    so gomez facing his old team tonight, for the first time.

Los Diablos coach stirring up the pot, and trying to motivate his team :

from todays NY Post

Bulls - Eye On Gomez
    BULL'S-EYE ON SCOTT GOMEZ
    By MARK EVERSON
    October 25, 2007 -- Heads up, Fester.

Brent Sutter sounds as if he thinks the left-behind should resent Scott Gomez's defection, and that he wouldn't mind someone smearing him tonight, even if just for appearances sake.

"I guess it doesn't matter that they were a rival. That's what's different. That's the business part," Sutter said, getting ready for his first visit to the Garden as Devils coach tonight. "I could care less. It was his choice to decide where to play. It was his choice not to want to play for New Jersey any more."

Gomez was a popular irritant during his seven seasons with New Jersey, winning the 2000 Calder Trophy as rookie of the year and two Stanley Cups while becoming perhaps the best puck-carrier in the NHL. After making $5 million in an arbitration award from the Devils last season, he signed a seven-year, $51.5 million deal July 1 to join the Rangers, making $10 million this season.

Sutter seems concerned that his friends among the Devils might play a friendly game with Gomez.

"To think we should be easy on him is dead wrong," Sutter said. "It's his choice to cross the river. That's up to him. Our job is to win the hockey game. I know Gomez was a big part of this organization and won Stanley Cups here. But he's no longer here. He's a New York Ranger now. He plays for a team that's our No. 1 rival now.

"I would certainly hope when they step on the ice that there's no such thing as friends," Sutter said.

The game matters so much, so early, that it magnifies Gomez's first clash with the Devils.

The Rangers have only one point more than the Thrashers team that has already fired its coach. Tom Renney's expensive lineup has scored the fewest goals in the NHL - 13 in eight games - yet they trail the Devils by only two points.

Shut out in their last two games, the Rangers were expected to score at will. Instead, Gomez shares the team lead with two goals, along with Michal Rozsival and injured Martin Straka.

New Jersey completes its nine-game, season-opening road schedule tonight before playing host to Ottawa Saturday in their Newark debut. They'd love to bring a 4-4-1 road record to their new home, especially fresh from victory over Gomez and the Rangers.

"For confidence and the atmosphere for our fans, it would be huge. And for what happened during the summer," Martin Brodeur said.

Rangers suffered another blow when Ryan Callahan was diagnosed with a knee sprain yesterday. He's out indefinitely.

Straka ( broken finger) and Sean Avery (shoulder) are also out for Rangers. Avery is skating on his own, perhaps a week from returning.

Sheldon Brookbank is expected to make his Devils debut on defense tonight, replacing Mike Mottau . . . Devils' penalty-killing is tied for worst in NHL at 68.6 percent, 24-for-35. Rangers are sixth at 86.4 percent.

mark.everson@nypost.com

DEVILS at RANGERS Tonight: 7:00 MSG - FSN

WFAN (660) WABC (770)

platessmall.jpg
    marty looking mortal after all these years

dawes baby- absolutely flying and zipping around all over the place.

gotta love it.
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    Dawes
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    Lundqvist is on a roll.
    I miss igotid88
    A brace for Dawes and a clean sheet for Henrik.

Good work lads.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    marty looking mortal after all these years

dawes baby- absolutely flying and zipping around all over the place.

gotta love it.

when karel rachunek is one of the six defensemen that's asking for trouble, kind of like bringing in kyle farnsworth into the eighth inning of a close game...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    when karel rachunek is one of the six defensemen that's asking for trouble, kind of like bringing in kyle farnsworth into the eighth inning of a close game...

hahaha

i was happy to see him wearing ( anything other then red white and blue really ) but even more glad to see him in the devils white and red.

so we get gomez, they get karel.

fair trade , eh ?

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Leafs tomorrow...geting excited for this one:)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Big match up this Saturday. I thought I would poke my head in and say hello to ya all. Ten games in and I already want the playoffs to be here. Good luck to all this Saturday. I am predicting the Laughs to get bitch slapped by a score of 5 to 2.

I see Kenny is already in here trying to stir up the poop. ;) Tell him to take it back to the Laughs thread. :)

Good to see hockey is back!!!!!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    how many times did brodeur stop Drury yesterday ?

this guy, along with half the lineup, is past overdue.

it will be fantasticif they all get off the nut at the same time, with a few flurry of goals all happening at once.

[size=+3] - - _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ - - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg