B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cool for u enjoy :)

you guys can go too !

;)

this Friday = The Today Show by morning and The Swamps by the night !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    kaspar released

Having come so far both physically and mentally over the last six months, Darius Kasparaitis has no intention of giving up or giving in now. And it wasn't as if he didn't know the odds were against him.

But yesterday, the heart-and-soul defenseman got the news he was dreading a little earlier than he was anticipating. Rangers coach Tom Renney informed Kasparaitis that the club had placed him on waivers and - at least for the time being - did not consider him part of the plan for 2007-08.

"I was upset, but at the same time, I knew this could happen," Kasparaitis told the Daily News. "I'm still very anxious and I hope somebody will pick me up. If not, I'll go down to the minors and continue to try to prove that I'm still an NHL player.

"I knew that it was probably a long shot to make the Rangers because of the success they had last year without me. And I know my salary is an issue for the team. But at the same time, I felt like maybe it could happen. But it's not a blow."

It is, however, most likely the end of Kasparaitis' quest to play in the NHL this season.

He turns 35 in three weeks and in the final year of a six-year contract that counts for $2.989 million against the salary cap. So it is inconceivable that any rival team would claim him before today's noon deadline.

What's more, since the Rangers would be responsible for half of what remained on Kasparaitis' contract should he get claimed during the reentry waivers necessary for his recall, it is difficult to imagine them taking that cap-busting financial risk until perhaps the tail end of the season.

Renney, however, insisted that yesterday's move was "completely a hockey decision - whether or not we felt he could play for the New York Rangers. With the current crop of defensemen we have - in my mind, we're deeper there than we ever have been - and as attrition takes its toll, Kaspar showed certain areas that have been diminished."

FIGHT NIGHT: In a fight-filled game that included two altercations between Chris Simon and Ryan Hollweg - not to mention a goalie fight between Rick DiPietro and Al Montoya - the Islanders beat the Rangers, 5-4, in overtime last night at Nassau Coliseum. Hollweg said before the game that it didn't matter to him that Simon was permitted to play in preseason games even though his 25-game suspension for hacking Hollweg on the chin last March still has five regular-season games to run. But the Rangers and Islanders scrappers came together three times, with fights breaking out twice. Both times, Rangers teammates jumped in - the second time touching off a six-on-six brawl that ended with both goaltenders ejected for joining the fray.
    what a surprise simon thrown out for attempting to injure
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    kaspar released

Simon was permitted to play in preseason games even though his 25-game suspension for hacking Hollweg on the chin last March still has five regular-season games to run.

Something just doesn't seem right about this, If your suspended u should not be able to take part in the pre-season, only should be able to practice with the team that's it, then how come Mark Bell isn't allowed to play a couple pre-season games, he's only allowed to practice.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    kaspar released

Simon was permitted to play in preseason games even though his 25-game suspension for hacking Hollweg on the chin last March still has five regular-season games to run.

Something just doesn't seem right about this, If your suspended u should not be able to take part in the pre-season, only should be able to practice with the team that's it, then how come Mark Bell isn't allowed to play a couple pre-season games, he's only allowed to practice.

i dont get that ??? practice yes but play? ?
    whatever, as long as no one got hurt
    i hope its like this friday night :)

even though hilbert threw an elbow at cally's head a minute into the game
    and simon got thrown out for charging holly headfirst into the boards
    good job nhl letting this thug play

maybe they will learn when he kills somebody
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

/quote]

I disagree. It is better he miss regular season, as missing pre-season would be a complete waste of the penalty - because if five games are five games, miss the pre-season when no one cares. So in the end it's better that he miss regular season.

But in the end, it's Chris Simon so who cares?
    Rygar wrote:
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

/quote]

I disagree. It is better he miss regular season, as missing pre-season would be a complete waste of the penalty - because if five games are five games, miss the pre-season when no one cares. So in the end it's better that he miss regular season.

But in the end, it's Chris Simon so who cares?

i dont mean the preseason should count towards the suspension
    he just shouldnt play period until the 26th game of the season
    pratice fine but not play at all

in a preseason game when nothing counts ,,u knew that was gonna happen
    both teams had issues w/ the other
    then again it would have happened in the regular season anyway

quote of the night from bill guerin " i asked comrie if their would be any carryover from last year",, he said "nah its over" ,,,, "he was wrong " lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i dont mean the preseason should count towards the suspension
    he just shouldnt play period until the 26th game of the season
    pratice fine but not play at all

in a preseason game when nothing counts ,,u knew that was gonna happen
    both teams had issues w/ the other
    then again it would have happened in the regular season anyway

quote of the night from bill guerin " i asked comrie if their would be any carryover from last year",, he said "nah its over" ,,,, "he was wrong " lol

For the record i didn't mean that either, players shouldn't be able to play untill there regular season suspension is over.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has reassigned forward Hugh Jessiman and defensemen Ivan Baranka and David Liffiton to Hartford of the American Hockey League.

The Rangers now have 34 players remaining in training camp, including four goaltenders, 11 defensemen and 19 forwards

PLAYERS REASSIGNED ON 9/22/07
    Defense -- Ivan Baranka, David Liffiton.
    Forwards -- Hugh Jessiman.

PLAYERS STILL IN TRAINING CAMP
    Goaltenders -- Henrik Lundqvist, Al Montoya, Steve Valiquette, and Miika Wiikman

Defense -- Dan Girardi, Andrew Hutchinson, Darius Kasparaitis, Marek Malik, Paul Mara, Thomas Pock, Michal Rozsival, Michael Sauer, Marc Staal, Jason Strudwick, and Fedor Tyutin.

Forwards -- Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Blair Betts, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Nigel Dawes, Chris Drury, Brandon Dubinsky, Scott Gomez, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jaromir Jagr, Lauri Korpikoski, Francis Lessard, Colton Orr, Petr Prucha, Mark Smith, Martin Straka, and Brendan Shanahan.
    kenshunt wrote:
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

For the record i didn't mean that either, players shouldn't be able to play untill there regular season suspension is over.

agreed i would like to hear the reasoning behind these rules
    and im not being biased because i hate simon
    i just dont get that
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

agreed i would like to hear the reasoning behind these rules
    and im not being biased because i hate simon
    i just dont get that

Argh, quotes are a mess :P

Yeah I get what you're saying and it makes more sense than what I said. Pre-season shouldn't count towards his suspension and he shouldn't play anyway.
    Great to see 2 American Goalies go at it lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    What the hell was Simon doing playing in preseason when he still has some games left to sit in the regular season? Nobody would have guessed that the game would have come to this with him and Hollweg on the same ice surface. Those two should just go toe to toe and finish with it. Instead they swing their sticks and Hollweg pretends like he wants to go (sorry NYR fans the guy sucks out when he needs to stand up) and then lets somebody else get in there for him. I would like to be at the regular season match ups between these two teams this year. Looks like it will be old fashioned hockey. Yeah baby!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    What the hell was Simon doing playing in preseason when he still has some games left to sit in the regular season? Nobody would have guessed that the game would have come to this with him and Hollweg on the same ice surface. Those two should just go toe to toe and finish with it. Instead they swing their sticks and Hollweg pretends like he wants to go (sorry NYR fans the guy sucks out when he needs to stand up) and then lets somebody else get in there for him. I would like to be at the regular season match ups between these two teams this year. Looks like it will be old fashioned hockey. Yeah baby!

friday night !!!!

and yes holly isnt a heavyweight and would get beat by most
    orr knows his role is to get in there

holly is a agitator who plays agressively
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    friday night !!!!

and yes holly isnt a heavyweight and would get beat by most
    orr knows his role is to get in there

holly is a agitator who plays agressively

C. Lemieux was an agitator to, who pushed one too many buttons and had to eat it most times after the fact when he and his team met the beloved Dead Wings. Sometimes you have to stand there and take it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing him (holly) beat Simon. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    C. Lemieux was an agitator to, who pushed one too many buttons and had to eat it most times after the fact when he and his team met the beloved Dead Wings. Sometimes you have to stand there and take it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing him (holly) beat Simon. :)

yes,,,,, but no one deserves a baseball swing to the face

but i hear ya
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    taken from greg logan of newsday

Hollweg blasted Islanders defenseman Freddy Meyer from behind, and Simon responded by smearing Hollweg, prompting their third fight. Jason Strudwick jumped on Simon's back as the Isles' enforcer peppered Hollweg with head shots. DiPietro, who fought former teammate Arron Asham in practice last season, then leaped on Strudwick and took him down to the ice.When Montoya came out of his net, DiPietro instructed him to drop his gloves and take off his mask and then pulled Montoya down and pummeled him. "Any time you see a teammate fighting two guys, two good fighters, you've got to jump in and make sure he doesn't get hurt," DiPietro said of Simon, who left without talking to reporters. "It's good to see guys stand up for each other."

guess dp has some billy smith in him
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

taken from greg logan of newsday

Hollweg blasted Islanders defenseman Freddy Meyer from behind, and Simon responded by smearing Hollweg, prompting their third fight. Jason Strudwick jumped on Simon's back as the Isles' enforcer peppered Hollweg with head shots. DiPietro, who fought former teammate Arron Asham in practice last season, then leaped on Strudwick and took him down to the ice.When Montoya came out of his net, DiPietro instructed him to drop his gloves and take off his mask and then pulled Montoya down and pummeled him. "Any time you see a teammate fighting two guys, two good fighters, you've got to jump in and make sure he doesn't get hurt," DiPietro said of Simon, who left without talking to reporters. "It's good to see guys stand up for each other."

guess dp has some billy smith in him

written by a long island writer ;)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    written by a long island writer ;)
    yes it was but greg logan is one of the best hockey writers in the area, better then a few people at the post.

with or without simon it was gonna be a fight night, i think it just added to it.i was surprised he was allowed to play.just sucks hes on the team. we dont him, the spot should of gone to one of our young players

• yes it was but greg logan is one of the best hockey writers in the area, better then a few people at the post.

with or without simon it was gonna be a fight night, i think it just added to it.i was surprised he was allowed to play.just sucks hes on the team. we dont him, the spot should of gone to one of our young players

logan has also covered the knicks and rangers, so i doubt he's biased for or against the islanders. he's not a columnist.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    after watching the vids,, it wasnt all that bad
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    after watching the vids,, it wasnt all that bad
    yeah it really wasnt, it actually was cool to see a good old school hockey fight.plus the goalie fight makes it better. x-man i didnt know he covers the rags and knicks, thanks for the info.

• yeah it really wasnt, it actually was cool to see a good old school hockey fight.plus the goalie fight makes it better. x-man i didnt know he covers the rags and knicks, thanks for the info.

no problem as far as the hockey writers, i really like dellapina's stuff and sam weinman's rangers blog on the journal news is always a must read for me.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    no problem as far as the hockey writers, i really like dellapina's stuff and sam weinman's rangers blog on the journal news is always a must read for me.

gotta give props to Dubi also.

wish i had seen all this stuff- i missed it all.( jury duty )

too bad about kapsar- with his age getting up there, i hope a western conference team picks him up.

all the best darius.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    gotta give props to Dubi also.

wish i had seen all this stuff- i missed it all.( jury duty )

too bad about kapsar- with his age getting up there, i hope a western conference team picks him up.

all the best darius.

dude hockeyfights.com has it all for free :) enjoy
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dude hockeyfights.com has it all for free :) enjoy

the bulletin has added all of the action also.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Does any RANGERS fan remember EDDIE GIACOMIN (1965-1976)? He was one of my favorite goalies who happen to be a Ranger.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3902/rangersunib1693ciq0.jpg

Here's a bit on the RANGERS and their history.

Oh....LET'S GO BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)