B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    g under p wrote:
    Does any RANGERS fan remember EDDIE GIACOMIN (1965-1976)? He was one of my favorite goalies who happen to be a Ranger.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3902/rangersunib1693ciq0.jpg

Here's a bit on the RANGERS and their history.

Oh....LET'S GO BRUINS!

Peace

WHO??????????? LOL
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    WHO??????????? LOL

Well I gather he's before your time. :) Damn good goalie though. Others I liked Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert, and of course Phil Espisito. Some of course were former Bruins. :)

I always like the history of hockey, know your history.

Let's go BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Well I gather he's before your time. :) Damn good goalie though. Others I liked Brad Park, Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert, and of course Phil Espisito. Some of course were former Bruins. :)

I always like the history of hockey, know your history.

Let's go BRUINS!

Peace

do u know who ted williams is lol

do we know who eddie is? cmon dude what kinda question is that ?
  • Just checking in to say Let's Go Rangers... it's been a while since I posted here. Just moved back to NY after a 10-year hiatus in Cali

I'll be at the game on Fri and opening night... then nothing 'til Crosby in Dec. Would love to meet up with you guys at some point.

Take care,
    Sam
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    do u know who ted williams is lol

do we know who eddie is? cmon dude what kinda question is that ?

Whether you Eddie Giacomin or not that's on you but he's a favorite of mine being a goalie. Along with Tony Esposito from the Blackhawks and Gerry Cheevers of the BRUINS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Whether you Eddie Giacomin or not that's on you but he's a favorite of mine being a goalie. Along with Tony Esposito from the Blackhawks and Gerry Cheevers of the BRUINS.

Peace

my sarcastic remark didnt work

yes of course we know who he is,, and he will always be loved at msg

its safe to say msg will never root against the rangers again when a player that is traded ,comes back to play
  • i seem to remember hearing so "go leafs, go leafs chants" in 2004 when leetch played there, of course the rangers were well out of the playoffs, so that probably factored in.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    i seem to remember hearing so "go leafs, go leafs chants" in 2004 when leetch played there, of course the rangers were well out of the playoffs, so that probably factored in.

that was different,, the garden rooted for the wings that night
    all out for the wings
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    g under p wrote:
    Does any RANGERS fan remember EDDIE GIACOMIN (1965-1976)? He was one of my favorite goalies who happen to be a Ranger.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3902/rangersunib1693ciq0.jpg

Here's a bit on the RANGERS and their history.

Oh....LET'S GO BRUINS!

Peace

look at my screnname dude

:rolleyes:

do you honestly think we dont know who edward giacomin is ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    look at my screnname dude

:rolleyes:

do you honestly think we dont know who edward giacomin is ?

Never said no one knows who he is, I just wanted to bring up his name because I was a goalie and I liked his style of goaltending even though I played my hockey in Boston.

Besides I've always had a stange fascination with the New York Rangers and their players.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Besides I've always had a stange fascination with the New York Rangers and their players.

Peace

me too !

:)

peace right back atcha`
    platessmall.jpg
    Maybe cause I lived in Brooklyn for a year off of Nostrand and Church Ave way back when.

Hockey needs a big year this year and to think I'm going to be away in Palm Beach, FL from December to June working.

That sucks my second year away from the snow and the cold. I'll miss it. :cool: I wonder if the BRUINS are playing the Florida whatever's?

Peace

Avery Wants The Fishsticks

Avery: Wish I Had Played

Although a sore right leg kept him out of the 161-minutes-in-penalties nastiness between the Rangers and Islanders on Monday night, Sean Avery expects to be in the lineup Friday night for the rematch.
    "I didn't expect it (the fighting). It's an exhibition game." said Avery, who skated today with about ten other Rangers who weren't on the flight to Detroit to face the Red Wings tonight. "But I wish I had played."
    Why?
    "For a very obvious reason, as obvious as reasons can get," he said.
    Asked about his status for Friday's game in the Garden, Avery said, "Oh yeah, I'll be ready."

Among the other Rangers who practiced with assistant coach Mike Pelino in Westchester: Brendan Shanahan, Chris Drury, Blair Betts, Thomas Pock, Michal Rozsival, Jason Strudwick, Mark Staal, Francois Lessard (who could dress Friday if the coaches believe the fisticuffs will continue and need to be countered) and goaltenders Miika Wiikman and Steve Valiquette. Did not see Callahan or Byers around. They may be in Detroit.

Valiquette practiced with a small dressing on the self-inflicted, three-stitch wound in the palm of his left (glove) hand, which happened accidentally on Saturday morning when he was cutting a string on his old pads.
    Yesterday, he was more concerned about being able to close his glove than catching a hard shot, and after handling a Shanahan shot, he said, "I'm sure I'll be able to play (either game this weekend)."
    The injury is far less severe than one incurred when he was a 22-year-old and playing in Springfield.
    He was about to be called up again by the Islanders, and after practice he was stepping out of the shower in the small, tight locker room when two teammates wrestling banged into a third, who bumped against a water cooler, lost his balance, and stepped on Valiquette's bare right foot, severing all the tendons near his toes.
    "They weren't sure whether I would play again," he said.
    Instead, Islanders general manager MIke Milbury called up another goalie.
    His name: Rick DiPietro.

Darius Kasparaitis and David Liffiton cleared waivers; Liffiton practiced with the Hartford Wolf Pack, Kaspar was said to be on his way.
    platessmall.jpg
    sooooooooooooo the rumors turned out to be true

jagr wants drury and has received his wish

gomez down to 2nd line

then again both lines have 600 goal scorers ,,so its all good :)

o yea 1 week till i start losing my voice for 9 months :)
    tonight :)
    the isles are not playing simon or dipi tonight

but they are playing 3 goons who arent making the team

o boy LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BETTER LAY OFF THE BEER AT THE GAME
  • NYPJ1 -- Let's meet up at some point for a beer at the game tonight. I'm up in the 400's, but if it's anything like the Devils/Flyers games, I'll be center Ice in the 200's.

Let me know buddy.

Can't wait for opening night!!!

This is bruinjam33 btw... had to get rid of the Boston Bruins connotation, even though it was for UCLA.

Peace,
    Sam
    enjoy the game tonight fellas.

[size=+3] - - _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ - - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Blueshirt Bulletin

September 28, 2007
    Garden Rematch Will Lack Key Players
    Will the Rangers and Islanders light up the new Madison Square Garden scoreboard tonight with more penalty minutes than it can handle? Or will, as so often seems the case, the rematch fizzle, with the expected renewal of conflict after Monday's fight-filled game failing to materialize? The latter seems to be a strong possibility, with Chris Simon, the sociopath who ignited much of the antagonism with his inability to withstand a Ryan Hollweg check, not expected to play, and with the Rangers' own agitator supreme Sean Avery still sidelined by a nagging groin injury.

So there is a chance, albeit a slim one, that we will actually witness a hockey game. Except that the Rangers will be without their scoring star, Jaromir Jagr, now sidelined with a hip flexor sustained by pushing himself too hard in practice yesterday. Aside from the absence of Jagr and Avery, as well as Paul Mara not dressing, the Rangers will be icing clost to their full NHL team, with rookie hopefuls Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, and Nigel Dawes battling it out for the final roster spots. Henrik Lundqvist is expected to go the distance, but Rick DiPietro will not be in net for the strangely costumed bridge and tunnel team.

All of these bits of roster movement come courtesy of updates from the morning skate in Rangers Report and Blue Notes. Other articles on the rematch can be found in Newsday and their Islander blog, at NYR.com, and at MSG.com in a Stan Fischler entry surprisingly skewed in favor of the Islanders. MSG.com also has Boomer Esiason's interview with Scott Gomez and Chris Drury. Kevin Greenstein predicts a first place finish for the Rangers in his season preview in the New York Sun. Joe Micheletti considers the Rangers contenders, but surprisingly does not list them among Cup favotires in a brief interview in the Post.

This time of the pre-season is always devoted, at least in part, to rookies. Several league-wide previews of this year's freshman class are out, and most include Staal, although not at the head of the class -- see TSN, ESPN, and USA Today (but not CBS Sports, which omits Staal). The Daily News also has an article on Staal still being in the mix for the start of the season. SNY looks similarly at Dubinsky, the other favorite to start the season in New York rather than Hartford. In Hartford, another round of cuts includes the continuation of the precipitous fall of Mike Busto, who went from Traverse City to being disinvited from Ranger camp to being assigned to Charlotte. Former draftee Eric Hunter was also cut -- he will be attending college instead of playing pro hockey. For more, see the Courant and the Wolf Pack web site. More prospect news can be found at Prospect Park.

Posted by Dubi on September 28, 2007 at 01:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (20)
    platessmall.jpg
    niceeeeeeee

dubinsky broke ass in the 2nd period

strudwick fight was good also

i think we found our 2nd line :)

shanny and gomez looked real good
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    niceeeeeeee

dubinsky broke ass in the 2nd period

strudwick fight was good also

i think we found our 2nd line :)

shanny and gomez looked real good

they played very well tonight, especially dawes. obviously he's not going to play with shanahan and gomez if he makes the team, but he did some of those all important little things to set up those goals.

i still think they start gomez off with jagr and change it if deemed necessary.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    5-2

nice game, boys.

who knew rico fata had a little brother, and who knew the isles picked him up.

also- that guy on the isles didnt want any part of colton orr, they did a little ice capades dance , but that was it.

LOL
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Wasn't an overall violent game?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    5-2

nice game, boys.

who knew rico fata had a little brother, and who knew the isles picked him up.

also- that guy on the isles didnt want any part of colton orr, they did a little ice capades dance , but that was it.

LOL
    yeah the isles have had him since last season, hes a good player, checks good and is an ok fighter.do you remember that isles name or jersey # bathy
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    yeah the isles have had him since last season, hes a good player, checks good and is an ok fighter.do you remember that isles name or jersey # bathy
    Kip Brennan.
    http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8467427&service=page&tab=crs

It looked like they knew each other or something cause they kept talking and laughing.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    stickboy wrote:
    Kip Brennan.

wasnt Kip Napolean Dynamites brother ?

:confused:

LOL
    platessmall.jpg
    drury fighting for jagr !! i love this guy :)

another 4 fights last night... yee haw yea boys stck up for each other
    thats the brginning of a championship team :)

and stall winning the game w/ 1 minute left ...nice
  • Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wasnt Kip Napolean Dynamites brother ?

:confused:

LOL
    lol...to this day I still havent seen that movie :p

nice game last nite, so I guess Staal is a lock to stay up? He has to..but who gets sent down now? Strudwicks looking nice ....send down Pock and someone else and make a trade.

and Dawes looks better than Dubinsky imo too so I think he should stay.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    and here i thought it was all about being forced to wear those new apronlike uniforms.
    at least they didnt mess with the integrity of our original 6 logo itself , and only tapered the uniform to a formfitting mess.

marketing and $ making.

Hmmmm
    platessmall.jpg