B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,234
    a little off topic but did you notice that the devils play their first nine games on the road?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    a little off topic but did you notice that the devils play their first nine games on the road?

probably to give them time to get the new arena done and all the bs straightened out for the home opener.

I just wanna know what the Rangers are gonna do now with less than 2 mil left under the cap now??
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    only 11 back to back games nice
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    chromiam wrote:
    probably to give them time to get the new arena done and all the bs straightened out for the home opener.

I just wanna know what the Rangers are gonna do now with less than 2 mil left under the cap now??
    probably trade a malik, or a cullen or someone.

what I wanna know is why the NHL decided to make the first flyers Rangers game in november? That shoulda been one of the 1st games of the yr...Drury vs Briere opening faceoff! oh well...looks like novembers gonna be our toughest month tho!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    chromiam wrote:

\

give it to avery

and if we want anything else we need to make a trade first
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    stickboy wrote:
    what I wanna know is why the NHL decided to make the first flyers Rangers game in november? That shoulda been one of the 1st games of the yr...Drury vs Briere opening faceoff! oh well...looks like novembers gonna be our toughest month tho!

I agree... although it just saves more games for late season and hopefully a playoff push for both teams.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    i like that western canadian trip for early janaury. depending on some things, i might have to pay a visit out there, speciffically vancouver..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    chromiam wrote:
    I agree... although it just saves more games for late season and hopefully a playoff push for both teams.
    I feel that, even tho on paper Flyers, Pens, and Rangers should lock up those top 3 spots in our division.... which pretty much means only 5 other teams will make the playoffs!
    I can see the playoff race going down to the wire even moreso than it did last yr.

x-man, you wont regret vancouver! do it!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    i like that western canadian trip for early janaury. depending on some things, i might have to pay a visit out there, speciffically vancouver..

i thought the same thing
    stickboy wrote:
    I feel that, even tho on paper Flyers, Pens, and Rangers should lock up those top 3 spots in our division.... which pretty much means only 5 other teams will make the playoffs!
    I can see the playoff race going down to the wire even moreso than it did last yr.

x-man, you wont regret vancouver! do it!

i'll look into it more when the nba schedule comes out since that relates to my work also.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    My brother is getting married in November, and I'm trying to plan the bachelor party. A group outing to a game was my idea to start the night off. That Oct. 27th home game against Toronto is looking good.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    tsn is reporting 4.25 Mil / 1 year contract

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213269&hubname=

what's next, you guys get the outdoor game in Central Park?????????

well, they were talking Rangers- Islanders at an outside Yankee Stadium game,...

dont think georgie is too keen on the idea tho,..
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    very nice. this is a man they must lock down for years to come.

this is why i am wondering,

wait a minute, so it didnt actually come to arbitration ?
    or was this 1 year / 4 mill dollar contract a result of the arbitration ? :confused:

i certainly expected a 5 or 6 year , bonus-layden agreement to be forthcoming-

am i the only one who wondered

why only 1 year, :confused: ?
    platessmall.jpg
    from the Bulletin

Lundqvist is taking even more of a risk in agreeing to a one-year deal for $2.5 to 3 million. He would not have been likely to get more than that via arbitration, but he did stand to get maybe double that as part of a long-term deal. But with more risk comes more reward -- come January, when contract extensions can be negotiated without affecting the current season's cap calculation, he will get an even richer long-term deal than he could have gotten by now, especially if he is once again vaulting the Rangers' no-name defense toward the top of the league's goals-against standings.
    platessmall.jpg
    from nyr.com
    RANGERS OPEN 2007-08 SEASON ON OCT. 4 AT MSG

The Rangers will once again play four home games against each of their four Atlantic Division opponents. The 2007-08 season also features home games against Pacific Division teams -- Anaheim, Dallas, Los Angeles, Phoenix and San Jose .

7/11/2007

• Complete 2007-08 Rangers schedule
    • Complete 2007-08 NHL schedule
    • Lundqvist Re-Signs with Rangers

The New York Rangers will open the 2007-08 season on Thursday, October 4, taking on the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden. This marks the fourth time in the last 10 years that the Rangers have kicked off their season on home ice.

With a continued emphasis on division rivalries, the Rangers face Atlantic Division foes New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and the Islanders eight times each over the course of the season.

New York will face the other Eastern Conference opponents a total of four times a piece. Also, the Rangers will host the Pacific Division –- Anaheim, Dallas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and San Jose -– and will travel to meet the Northwest Division opponents –- Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Vancouver.

The schedule features five Saturday contests at MSG and 10 Sunday games at home. The Rangers will play two back-to-back sets in New York, the first on Friday, October 12 vs. Washington and Saturday, October 13 vs. Ottawa, and the second on Saturday, February 16 vs. Buffalo and Sunday, February 17 vs. San Jose.

The team’s longest homestand will be six games from Oct. 25-Nov. 5, and the busiest nights on the Rangers' home schedule are Thursday and Sunday, with 10 dates a piece. In addition, the Rangers will play five home games on Mondays, seven on Tuesdays, two on Wednesdays, and two on Fridays during the season.

The NHL also announced on Wednesday that the Rangers will visit the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, Nov. 10, for the annual “Hall of Fame” game. Two nights later, the Hall will welcome five new members, including Rangers legend Mark Messier.

The Hall of Fame game comes during one of the two periods during which every team will play each of its divisional opponents at home and away. The first such period runs from Nov. 3-22, the other starts March 20 and runs through the conclusion of the season, Sunday, April 6.

Starting times for all home games will be 7 p.m., except for the following eight dates (which includes potential national selections for NBC*): Sun., Nov. 25 vs. Dallas (1:00 PM); Sun., Dec. 9 vs. New Jersey (5:00 PM); Sun., Dec. 16 vs. Phoenix (5:00 PM); Sun., Jan. 20 vs. Boston (TBD*); Sat., Feb. 16 vs. Buffalo (1:00 PM); Sun., Feb. 17 vs. San Jose (TBD*); Sun., Mar. 2 vs. Philadelphia (TBD*) and Sun., Mar. 9 vs. Boston (TBD*).

PURCHASING INFORMATION:
    Individual game tickets for the 2007-08 season will go on sale in September. An exact date has yet to be determined.

*Please note games listed as TBD are based on a potential national TV schedule. Start times on these games will not be confirmed until 13 days prior to the game day. Please check newyorkrangers.com for final start times.

all this talk about the hall of fame game,

but not 1 mention of which night will be # 2 Brian Leetch Retirement Night.

what the fuck , M$G / Cablevi$ion / Dolan$ ? wtf ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Hey X-MAN & NYPJ1

You boys are more than welcome to come on out and enjoy all our fine city has to offer....I might even buy you a beer after the game for you guys to cry in after the number Luongo and Co do on the Rangers ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Sam Rosens Blog

Lundqvist On Board; Avery Next?
    The Rangers signing of Henrik Lundqvist is a move that really is good for everyone involved.

You don't want to let contract situations stretch out and risk any possibility of building up bad feelings between the two sides.

Certainly, it's clear that the Rangers want Lundqvist to be their goaltender of the future, and he's made it eminently clear he wants to be a New York Ranger. (David Kolb agrees)

So the move made sense. This gets things settled. There's no trip to arbitration, and the Rangers have showed how much they want Lundqvist to be a part of their present and future.

Now the two sides can work on a long-term deal, which will satisfy everybody, including the fans because they realize Lundqvist's importance to the team. He's become the fan favorite.

Through two years in the NHL, he's proven himself to be one of the best goaltenders in the league. He's a hard-working guy, a good teammate and works well with the media. He has all the attributes you want in a guy who will lead your team on the ice.

And now that Lundqvist is in the can, I'm sure Sean Avery where the Rangers will turn their attention to next.

It's fairly clear that they've had a plan in place on what they wanted to get done in regards to the free agents. They've gone about it in a very well-planned approach.

One-by-one, they're getting the pieces in place to make sure that this team is a contender and that it has a solid foundation for not only this year, but the upcoming years as well.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this is why i am wondering,

wait a minute, so it didnt actually come to arbitration ?
    or was this 1 year / 4 mill dollar contract a result of the arbitration ? :confused:

i certainly expected a 5 or 6 year , bonus-layden agreement to be forthcoming-

am i the only one who wondered

why only 1 year, :confused: ?

we avoided arbitration and we couldnt fit his long term contract into the cap
    5 mil per or so 5-6 years
    after jan we give him his big contract
    im sure he knows this is the situation
    just like shanny signing for less but alot of bonuses

no sweat he isnt going anyway
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Hey X-MAN & NYPJ1

You boys are more than welcome to come on out and enjoy all our fine city has to offer....I might even buy you a beer after the game for you guys to cry in after the number Luongo and Co do on the Rangers ;)

1994 ;)

thanx for the offer i hope i make it out there
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    DATE VISITOR HOME TIME (EDT)
    Wed Oct 10, 2007 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Tue Nov 6, 2007 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Mon Nov 19,2007 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Nov 29, 2007 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Tue Mar 4, 2008 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Mar 6, 2008 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Thu Apr 3, 2008 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Fri Apr 4, 2008 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    DATE VISITOR HOME TIME (EDT)
    Wed Oct 10, 2007 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Tue Nov 6, 2007 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Mon Nov 19,2007 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Nov 29, 2007 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Tue Mar 4, 2008 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Mar 6, 2008 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Thu Apr 3, 2008 Rangers Islanders 7:00 PM
    Fri Apr 4, 2008 Islanders Rangers 7:00 PM

That Thursday Nov. 29 game sounds awesome! One day after my birthday!
    an excerpt from today's daily news:

The Daily News also has learned that Sather is shopping center Matt Cullen, with a trade back to the Carolina Hurricanes very much on the front burner. Should the Rangers shed Cullen's contract (three years left at $2.8million per), they'd trim nearly $3million from this season's cap hit.

That could simply provide flexibility for potential in-season moves. But it just as easily could be the first step in a plan to clear enough cap space to sign free-agent defenseman Sheldon Souray, whom the Devils and Islanders have pursued. Unloading defenseman Paul Mara's $3million salary undoubtedly would be another requirement.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    This guy was a secret sniper on the shootouts, i figured he would be a great 3rd line centerman- i know these are the wheels of progress, but still- an overall good guy.

Bulletin

July 12, 2007
    Recruiting Rangers for the Right Reasons
    Once, you could tell the difference between which players wanted to win and which wanted to cash in by which wanted to come to New York, where golden parachutes into retrement was readily available. The tables have turned. The Rangers are still giving out lucrative contracts left and right, but these days players are choosing the Rangers over richer offers from other teams because they believe they can win a Stanley Cup here.

New centers Chris Drury and Scott Gomez both chose the Rangers despite better offers elsewhere, according to one NHL insider, with Drury turning down offers from at least three other teams, including one that was more than $10 million richer. Brendan Shanahan and Henrik Lundqvist both re-signed for more than expected, but both made some accomodations to help the Rangers stay under the salary cap while not even listening to better offers they could have gotten elsewhere (although Larry Brooks of the Post takes a different view with respect to Lundqvist, whom he chastises for taking as much as $4.25 million).

And Sheldon Souray remains unsigned by the NHL at large because he badly wants to be a Ranger next season, according to two inside sources. Having turned down a multi-year offer from Montreal, he is said to be willing to come to New York on a one-year deal, so sure is he that the Rangers are on the cusp of bona fide Stanley Cup contention. The obstacle is of course the salary cap. To make room for what Glen Sather seems to believe is the last piece to the puzzle, Marek Malik's $2.5 million contract appears to be on the line -- he may end up in Hartford if Sather can't find any takers on the trade market, although Ranger coaches think highly of the maligned defenseman and may be pushing to keep him.

Another salary that can be shed to create more cap space is Matt Cullen's, who is reportedly front and center in trade discussions with his former team, the Hurricanes, according to both the Daily News here in New York and the Raleigh News-Observer in North Carolina -- having been happy there in the past, Cullen may very well be Steve Zipay's "player [who] has told friends he wouldn't mind being moved." One name mentioned in a potential Cullen trade is Anton Babchuk, a 6'5, 202-pound Ukrainian defenseman with offensive upside who is only 23 and has a qualifying offer just shy of $950,000 out there (he has not filed for arbitration).

Elsewhere, Jim Schoenfeld will shortly be named Ranger assistant GM, according to Bruce Berlet in the Hartford Courant today, as Mitch Beck deduced after talking to Schoenfeld at the NHL draft last month. He will retain the title of Hartford GM while Ken Gernander takes over as head coach. Hockey Rodent has a sidebar on changes in Russia's labor laws that could affect the ability of Ranger draftee Alexei Cherepanov to leave Russia, although not necessarily in an adverse way. To read more about Lundqvist, see the Journal News, Newsday, Record, NY Sports Day, and MSG.com (Sam Rosen here and David Kolb here). For more on Souray, see Spector at FoxSports.

best of luck to matt if he does escape back to Carolina- but we all know what stage all these guys want to play on .( aparently including Souray , as well )
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    This guy was a secret sniper on the shootouts, i figured he would be a great 3rd line centerman- i know these are the wheels of progress, but still- an overall good guy.

agreed. i wish the rangers would give him another season to try and break out.
    hmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn souray wants ny bad

who takes cullen's 3rd line spot??
    what about the part about shipping malik off to heartford to make even more room. ?

malik seemed to snap back towards the end of the season, regardless of his traffic cone defense method .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Watched the Briere News Conference he had a nice quote

He said, "I'm looking forward to hating the Rangers." I love it!

Bring it on Bitches !!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Since this fall is going to start my first year of school I won't be able to make as many games as I have.

I think these would be the games:
    November 3rd - Devils
    December 9th- Devils
    December 12th - @ Washington
    January 16th - Buffalo
    February 10th - @ Washington
    April 4th - Isles

That April 4th game should be fuckin sweet since it's the last NYRvsNYI game of the year and its the day after they play each other again.

Every year my father, aunt, and uncle go on a hockey canada trip and I think I may join them if they decide to do it at the beginning of January when the Rangers play Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton all within 4 days.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    what about the part about shipping malik off to heartford to make even more room. ?

malik seemed to snap back towards the end of the season, regardless of his traffic cone defense method .

keep marik out of hartford. i don't care if it's a mites team. he sucked for the whalers. he still sucks.
    I love to turn you on
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i dont understand that?? does it cut cap?? it must i guess

we need to have that explained