2007 Yankees

Comments

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    igotid88 wrote:
    guess they should've put in Hughes earlier. I wonder if he would still be able to go for game 4? I know Mussina is starting. But I don't want him to.
    we have to GET a game 4 1st. One step at a time
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    wang gives up 9 hr in over 200 ip. And gives up 2 in 4.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea but they got to 1 run down. And then he gives up more in the bottom half. 8 er in 4 ip is more than terrible.

hmm true good point
    I lost count already :(
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    we have to GET a game 4 1st. One step at a time

I'm usually a pessimist. But I think we can win 1.
    I miss igotid88
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this is fucking shit. kenny lofton? are you serious?
    i guess andy has to come up big tm...
    stpmattb wrote:
    I was driving home listening to it when they had the 5 run inning....oh and also when Hafner homered....
    ugh

I would have had to pull over!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    igotid88 wrote:
    wang gives up 9 hr in over 200 ip. And gives up 2 in 4.

Sabathia walked 5 runners - if I remember correctly, he hadn't walked more than 3 in a game all year. It wasn't just Wang who was pitching bad. Yes, none of those five scored, but Sabathia wasn't holding up to the caliber he was made out to be either.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm usually a pessimist. But I think we can win 1.

hah! yes that's true but after tonight I don't want to jinx anything
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    this is fucking shit. kenny lofton? are you serious?
    i guess andy has to come up big tm...

How is this shit - I'd really like to know.

Maybe you guys can buy Kenny Lofton next year? It's how you usually solve your postseason problems.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Allie wrote:
    ugh

I would have had to pull over!

I was pulling up to my house, or else I probably would have! Sunday better be a good day....they are 3-0 this year when I've been in attendance!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I like the result. Look at the Yankees past postseason series. Whoever wins game one ususally loses the series.

They made a mistake starting Wang. I had said it all week long, they needed to start the Wanger at home in game 3. He is a totally different pitcher at home. I would have gone Pettitte in game one and Clemens in 2.
    drew0 wrote:

Maybe you guys can buy Kenny Lofton next year? It's how you usually solve your postseason problems.

Of the current team, other than Damon and Clemens, who have they really thrown money at in the off season?
    drew0 wrote:
    Sabathia walked 5 runners - if I remember correctly, he hadn't walked more than 3 in a game all year. It wasn't just Wang who was pitching bad. Yes, none of those five scored, but Sabathia wasn't holding up to the caliber he was made out to be either.

but i've learned being a yankee fan all these years. that it doesn't matter if you're the other team. Sabathia had a good fastball. and they walked A-Rod when there was a chance he could've done some damage.
    I miss igotid88
    metsfan wrote:
    wasnt there year what do u want me to bitch about and be a baby all day long, then ill really get depressed, its the mets im used to it.least its another record no one in baseball.not a phony at all just hate shit like oh we have 26 rings and how many do u ahve and meanwhile your not even alive for 90% of them

This is incoherent, are you ok?

You act one way
    and then turn around and try to act hard and tough when you don't like what somebody says.

It doesn't matter whether or not I was alive for them, the point is that whenever Yankee fans point how often they've won and the TRADITION and HISTORY of being a champion sports franchise, people who root for other teams get mad. Whatever. Haters. I didn't bash you or your team that's won all of 2 championships and never had a no hitter, when you all were losing, I was rooting for them to win for you.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    drew0 wrote:

The Yanks have an awful lot of homegrown talent on their team....

Yes they do. Even though we went back out and brought Andy back, he too started out on the farm long ago.
    I was hoping they'd put in borowski.
    I miss igotid88
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Allie wrote:
    This is incoherent, are you ok?

You act one way
    and then turn around and try to act hard and tough when you don't like what somebody says.

It doesn't matter whether or not I was alive for them, the point is that whenever Yankee fans point how often they've won and the TRADITION and HISTORY of being a champion sports franchise, people who root for other teams get mad. Whatever. Haters. I didn't bash you or your team when you all were losing, I was rooting for them to win for you.

They're a bunch of overpaid, spoiled pussies.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
    this was expected. by me at least.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    this was expected. by me at least.

the loss was expected (see my prev. posts) but not by that many runs

I expect Andy to come up big tomorrow night. I'm glad they start these games early, I'd be even more pissed if I'd stayed up late to watch it
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    did i mention the Rangers won?
    I miss igotid88
  • metsfan wrote:
    wasnt there year what do u want me to bitch about and be a baby all day long, then ill really get depressed, its the mets im used to it.least its another record no one in baseball.not a phony at all just hate shit like oh we have 26 rings and how many do u ahve and meanwhile your not even alive for 90% of them

My nephew is 10, big Yankee fan. He's been alive for 15% of the yankees World Series Champioships. I'm 32. Been alive for 19 % of them.
  • drew0 wrote:

Haven't been paying attention the last few years, huh? That line may have worked in 2002, though.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    stpmattb wrote:
    Of the current team, other than Damon and Clemens, who have they really thrown money at in the off season?

well, seeing as damon was a 05 offseason signing i would guess you are not talking about last year so here it goes - other than damon and roger you have farnsworth, giambi, mussina, pavano and pettitte (to bring him back). you could also throw igawa in there since they did "win" the right to negotiate with him.

i will agree with this, but they also have the $$$ to keep a lot of their homegrown talent (jeter, rivera, posada) when the original contract is about to or has run out.

and yes, i'm a red sox fan and i will completely toss out the disclaimer that the red sox have a very large payroll as well and can afford to do pretty much the same things as the yankees.
    At least the Yanks are the only team from last year's postseason to be in this one. After they were written off in July.
    I miss igotid88
    stpmattb wrote:

Mussini, Giambi, Damon, A-Rod, Clemens? Yeah, they have homegrown talent, but they still bought all of those stars.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • drew0 wrote:
    Try playing the game like real men, and buy and develop players as they grow, instead of waiting for other teams to develop them and then buying them and bragging when they make you win. I have absolute 0 respect for the Yankees, and probably less for their fans. Hell, I could win a World Series given the salary cap they have. When a young, unexperienced team like the Indians is beating a well experienced team like the Yankees whom have been there before, you know this game is about pride and that the Indians fucking deserve this title 100x more than the Yankees. As it was said earlier, considering the batting lineup, the Yankees have 350 postseason appearances - the Indians have 84. Or, if you take away Kenny Lofton, 0.

try doing some research to demonstrate your own knowledge of the game before you go bashing fans of other teams.

over half of the yankees' current roster is made up of players who came through their minor league system.

and when the yankees won three world series in a row between 1998 and 2000, their "big name" free agent acquisitions were david wells and mike stanton.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i told my friend a few hours ago it will be the indians in 4.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    wang didn't have it tonight. his sinker wasn't sinking. without even looking at a score i would know something didn't go right because he gave up a couple hrs.

the game would have obviously been a lot different had the yanks taken advantage of a less than stellar sabathia with his 5 walks. bases loaded in the 5th and he gets a pop-up to get out of the inning.

carmona vs. pettitte will be interesting. if carmona is on (and he has been since the all-star break) the yanks are going to have a rough night. then again, i have my own game to worry about hoping that daisuke can throw like he did the last time i started.
  • drew0 wrote:

i think john sterling had said his walk average was lower than 1.5 per 9 innings on the season.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.