"...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stpmattb wrote:
    Anyone else shouting obscenities?

yes, many. I'm working blue tonight. And for some reason, it's not terrifying my 18 month old, who just looks at me when I yell "Fuck You, Joe Torre,have fun on the unemployment line in November!!!"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    gue_barium wrote:
    Oooo...a '90's SNL skit retort. How impressive.

Try 11-3 CLEVELAND!

That's not from SNL.
    I miss igotid88
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Allie wrote:
    <yawn>
    try 1 bad game and 26 rings. Done yet?

As I said on the Twins thread to another like you.

This is baseball, real baseball players don't give a fuck about rings. They care about baseball. Girls care about rings, and the Spankees look like a bunch of girls right now.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Allie wrote:
    <yawn>
    and you havent been alive for 90% of those and YOU yourself probably only became in fan 95, done yet.god this why people loathe yanks fans for
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• You know what cracks me up? indian fans chanting Yankees Suck. I mean, c'mon. The Indians haven't won a WS since 1948... The last good Indian team had Charlie Sheen as its best pitcher and President David Palmer as it's best hitter.
    I wonder how the media will blame this on A-Rod?
    I miss igotid88
  • gue_barium wrote:
    As I said on the Twins thread to another like you.

This is baseball, real baseball players don't give a fuck about rings. They care about baseball. Girls care about rings, and the Spankees look like a bunch of girls right now.

Is that because Jeter, Rivera, Posada and Pettitte have 16 rings between them?
  • metsfan wrote:
    and you havent been alive for 90% of those and YOU yourself probably only became in fan 95, done yet.god this why people loathe yanks fans for

hey, look who shows up when it's 11-3. I guarantee we would not be hearing from BiggestChokersInMLBHistoryfan if it was 10-3 the other way.
    Is that because Jeter, Rivera, Posada and Pettitte have 16 rings between them?

To quote Jim Morrison...

"Look, it's the guys rushing the stage.... Oh, I know, figures, this is New York."

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    metsfan wrote:

I've been a fan since the 80's. was born late 70's so wasn't able to enjoy those rings.
    I miss igotid88
    hey, look who shows up when it's 11-3. I guarantee we would not be hearing from BiggestChokersInMLBHistoryfan if it was 10-3 the other way.
    dude ive been fucking sleep since bout 3pm cause my back is all outta whack and im going in again for another 7-9 hour shift.i just found out the score from here

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea and Andy usually wins after a yankee loss. they shouldn't have started Wang for game 1. He does better at home.
    yea but Wang had a better record, he's the #1 starter

andy hasn't looked great lately
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • metsfan wrote:
    dude ive been fucking sleep since bout 3pm cause my back is all outta whack and im going in again for another 7-9 hour shift.i just found out the score from here

well, at least from that sorta sentence, we can derive that you must be on some pretty good painkillers
  • igotid88 wrote:
    yea and Andy usually wins after a yankee loss. they shouldn't have started Wang for game 1. He does better at home.

yeah, i was scratching my head when i heard wang was pitching game 1.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • agreed. I think I said it here, but I've been saying that since they announced the rotation. With Game 3 being such a critical game in a 5 game series, how could you NOT pitch Wang then, with his numbers at Yankee Stadium
    well, at least from that sorta sentence, we can derive that you must be on some pretty good painkillers
    nah i dont take that shit at least not yet, but i have become addicted to motrin.anyways its only game 1, big deal. you knew cc was gonna pitch a gem, the yanks will be better in game 2. still say yanks in 5

metsfan wrote:
    are you talking to me? You're seriously not talking to me like that, are you? Ok cause where are your Mets? Where are they?
    Are they playing the Rockies? Oh no that's right, they've been watching it at home after one of the biggest collapses in history

I've been a baseball fan almost as long as you've been alive

and I was nothing but empathetic

nice. I see how it works now. You are very phony, Brian.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    yea but Wang had a better record, he's the #1 starter

andy hasn't looked great lately

yea but Wang hasn't looked good either the last couple of months. Though i'm not sure who i would've started for game 1. Cuz I would like Andy to pitch game 2 for the reason stated above. Maybe Hughes could've pitch game 1 and move Clemens to game 4.
    I miss igotid88
  • agreed. I think I said it here, but I've been saying that since they announced the rotation. With Game 3 being such a critical game in a 5 game series, how could you NOT pitch Wang then, with his numbers at Yankee Stadium

well, i'm not gonna sweat it much. it's only game one. last i knew, you had to win 3 to advance. i have faith we'll bounce back.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
    guess they should've put in Hughes earlier. I wonder if he would still be able to go for game 4? I know Mussina is starting. But I don't want him to.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea but Wang hasn't looked good either the last couple of months. Though i'm not sure who i would've started for game 1. Cuz I would like Andy to pitch game 2 for the reason stated above. Maybe Hughes could've pitch game 1 and move Clemens to game 4.

Clemens is iffy too, who knows how that hamstring will go

Wang wasn't terrible he just lost his steam but we didn't give him good run support

Andy has to come up big tomorrow
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    are you talking to me? You're seriously not talking to me like that, are you? Ok cause where are your Mets? Where are they?
    Are they playing the Rockies? Oh no that's right, they've been watching it at home after one of the biggest collapses in history

I've been a baseball fan almost as long as you've been alive

and I was nothing but empathetic

nice. I see how it works now. You are very phony, Brian.
    wasnt there year what do u want me to bitch about and be a baby all day long, then ill really get depressed, its the mets im used to it.least its another record no one in baseball.not a phony at all just hate shit like oh we have 26 rings and how many do u ahve and meanwhile your not even alive for 90% of them

At least the Rangers won.
    I miss igotid88
    Allie wrote:

Wang wasn't terrible he just lost his steam but we didn't give him good run support

Not looking like the Yankees year.

• drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Allie wrote:
    <yawn>

Try playing the game like real men, and buy and develop players as they grow, instead of waiting for other teams to develop them and then buying them and bragging when they make you win. I have absolute 0 respect for the Yankees, and probably less for their fans. Hell, I could win a World Series given the salary cap they have. When a young, unexperienced team like the Indians is beating a well experienced team like the Yankees whom have been there before, you know this game is about pride and that the Indians fucking deserve this title 100x more than the Yankees. As it was said earlier, considering the batting lineup, the Yankees have 350 postseason appearances - the Indians have 84. Or, if you take away Kenny Lofton, 0.

Let's Go Tribe!

Also, you say this is only the first game. That was against your ace pitcher. Yes, Sabathia didn't pitch great, but we've got a guy almost as good as him coming up tomorrow. We'll see how you far against Carmona before you start saying we got lucky, because we all know how the Indians will fare against Roger Clemens.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • The Yankees getting their ass kicked. WTF???
    Allie wrote:

yea but they got to 1 run down. And then he gives up more in the bottom half. 8 er in 4 ip is more than terrible.
    I miss igotid88
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Allie wrote:
    what? holla

I was driving home listening to it when they had the 5 run inning....oh and also when Hafner homered....
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Make that 12-3.

GO TRIBE!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08