2007 Yankees

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    The Yanks better hope they don't get the Angels in the divisional series. The Angels own NY.

indians are all but locked in

the sux can try their luck aginst the halo's
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    small world. Are you a regular out there?

Yes, I have a 81 game plan out there. Back then I sat in Row A, but now I have an aisle seat a little further down.
    Jw
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    lets get this done...
  • Jwmcc wrote:
    Yes, I have a 81 game plan out there. Back then I sat in Row A, but now I have an aisle seat a little further down.
    Jw

I think over the years I've sat all over in the right field bleachers, maybe even a few times in section 39 among the regulars or around them. i was never the type that would go in there and do things to get attention out there which is what seemed like many people do or at least did the last few times I was there (2005, 2004).

My only reasons for sitting there are the price and the proximity to River Avenue and the Subway.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

Then you probably now someone I know. Sheriff Tom. I'm very good friends with his brother Dave, who also has tickets out there. I don't think he makes it much though, due to work
  • Then you probably now someone I know. Sheriff Tom. I'm very good friends with his brother Dave, who also has tickets out there. I don't think he makes it much though, due to work

I remember Sherrif Tom. I always remember him doing the whole "Rocky" bit where he'd run up and down the stairs to spark a comeback when they played the Rocky Music.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    be at a computer at 10 AM on friday. you should be able to get tickets to a game or two.

i was there, deep in the LF bleachers. :D

what a night!
    OH MAN! I still get goose bumps thinking about that game. I was so tired the next day from staying up but it was worth it!

I can't afford to get the ALDS tix this time around and neither can my Dad! We're saving up for the World Series!!

thanks for the heads up about tomorrow though.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    OH MAN! I still get goose bumps thinking about that game. I was so tired the next day from staying up but it was worth it!

next day? lol... yeah. the next week was kinda rough. i think i had almost as much trouble staying awake during the world series as the players did. :rolleyes:
    Allie wrote:
    I can't afford to get the ALDS tix this time around and neither can my Dad! We're saving up for the World Series!!

thanks for the heads up about tomorrow though.

no big deal, as it turns out. the lottery was a complete joke.

i kinda figured that being selected gave me a pretty good chance of getting decent seats since there were a very limited number of people who had the opportunity to buy tickets.

but not so much. i placed my order for game 3 of the ALDS as soon as tickets became available, and i'm usually really quick when it comes to using ticketmaster...

LF bleachers, row V. :confused::mad:

i just don't think they had that many tickets available in the first place. and if that were the case, WHY EVEN BOTHER TO HOLD THE LOTTERY?!? it just doesn't make sense to me.

i got better seats than that last year after being shut out of the lottery. and i might try for an ALCS game tomorrow, we'll see.

so i'm kinda bitter now. i'm also pissed off because i just found out that the division series won't be broadcast in HD, which really doesn't make any sense since all 162 regular season games were in HD. somebody really dropped the ball on this one. :mad:
  • it looked like joba wasn't quite as sharp in his second consecutive game. but the thing that's impressive about him is his ability to throw a clean inning even when he doesn't have his best stuff. i like the way he mixes in his curveball on nights when his slider isn't quite as sharp as it should be. that shows a lot of maturity on his part.

ian kennedy is out for at least the ALDS. :(

why does joe torre hate ross ohlendorf? :confused:
    next day? lol... yeah. the next week was kinda rough. i think i had almost as much trouble staying awake during the world series as the players did. :rolleyes:

no big deal, as it turns out. the lottery was a complete joke.

i kinda figured that being selected gave me a pretty good chance of getting decent seats since there were a very limited number of people who had the opportunity to buy tickets.

but not so much. i placed my order for game 3 of the ALDS as soon as tickets became available, and i'm usually really quick when it comes to using ticketmaster...

LF bleachers, row V. :confused::mad:

i just don't think they had that many tickets available in the first place. and if that were the case, WHY EVEN BOTHER TO HOLD THE LOTTERY?!? it just doesn't make sense to me.

i got better seats than that last year after being shut out of the lottery. and i might try for an ALCS game tomorrow, we'll see.

so i'm kinda bitter now. i'm also pissed off because i just found out that the division series won't be broadcast in HD, which really doesn't make any sense since all 162 regular season games were in HD. somebody really dropped the ball on this one. :mad:

LF bleachers? How much did they cost? Wow.

How many rows are out there?
    When you go to the stadium, you know on the main level there's a place where you can try to exchange your tickets for better seats? It's near where you go in behind home plate? I forget exactly where. X probably knows
    but you could try once you get in there.
    I guess they had the lottery so whoever 'won' could get dibs on what they did have?

oh you and the HD people...my Mom has it and she's like once you have it you can't watch anything else...
    Eh for me as long as I can see the game, I'm good :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • phil hughes' final 2007 statistics:

5-3, 4.46 ERA, 72.2 IP, 64 H, 29 BB, 58 K, .233 BAA, 1.28 WHIP, 2:1 K/BB

considering that he only turned 21 in june and also suffered through a fairly significant leg injury, i'd say that this was a very promising rookie year. he just needs to cut down on the walks.

a lot of people were predicting that he'd never live up to the expectations. i think they're gonna be wrong. then again, a lot of sports writers have been wrong about the yankees in recent months. phil hughes is probably the least of their concerns. :)
  • A friend of mine won the lottery and said there were still tickets left as of 9:30 tonight (presale ended at 10).

I'm going to try for a game tomorrow...I still need redemption after my only postseason game I've attended was a loss (Game 6, 2003 World Series) :(
  • Does Phil Hughes have a definite spot on the playoff roster???
    He better.
    Also he has a sick tattoo on his shoulder if anyone was wondering. I was suprised to see it in his post game interview.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Allie wrote:
    LF bleachers? How much did they cost? Wow.

How many rows are out there?
    When you go to the stadium, you know on the main level there's a place where you can try to exchange your tickets for better seats? It's near where you go in behind home plate? I forget exactly where. X probably knows
    but you could try once you get in there.
    I guess they had the lottery so whoever 'won' could get dibs on what they did have?

oh you and the HD people...my Mom has it and she's like once you have it you can't watch anything else...
    Eh for me as long as I can see the game, I'm good :)

$30 per ticket including TM surcharges. i'd be surprised if row V wasn't the last row.

it's a nice thought about the ticket exchange, but you can't get to the main section from the bleachers. it's completely isolated from the rest of the stadium. no beer, either. :(

it's not about the HD picture quality specifically. it's about trying to watch a non-HD program on a widescreen TV. the image stretches out so that the baseball looks like an oval and kyle farnsworth looks like chris britton.
    $30 per ticket including TM surcharges. i'd be surprised if row V wasn't the last row.

it's a nice thought about the ticket exchange, but you can't get to the main section from the bleachers. it's completely isolated from the rest of the stadium. no beer, either. :(

it's not about the HD picture quality specifically. it's about trying to watch a non-HD program on a widescreen TV. the image stretches out so that the baseball looks like an oval and kyle farnsworth looks like chris britton.
    Oh yeah that's true I saw that on her TV. What channel will the games be on, Fox? Why aren't they in HD?

You mean once you go to the bleachers, you're stuck? You can't leave to go inside? What if you have to go to the bathroom?
    I guess $30 isn't bad. But they're just benches, right? They don't even have backs on the seats?!
    It's SO loud out there too! Well at least you'll have a crack at catching some HR balls.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stpmattb wrote:
    A friend of mine won the lottery and said there were still tickets left as of 9:30 tonight (presale ended at 10).

I'm going to try for a game tomorrow...I still need redemption after my only postseason game I've attended was a loss (Game 6, 2003 World Series) :(

WHAT?!? fucking ticketmaster! they did this to me on purpose. they don't like me because my cano shirt still has a #22 on the back of it. it's a conspiracy...

as soon as my bleacher seats popped up, i immediately did a search on a second computer to see if i could top them (i came prepared). but by that point (about 15 seconds later), it told me that the game was completely sold out. so i went back and bought the first set of tickets.

then i tried to search again for a different game and it wouldn't let me since my pre-sale code had expired when i completed the first purchase. so i guess your friend didn't complete his transaction until 9:30. or maybe, like i said, it's just a massive conspiracy against me.

it could have been that there just weren't a lot of tickets available for the first home game. i picked that one because it's likely to be on a sunday, and that makes it more convenient since the starting time hasn't been announced yet.

we'll see what happens tomorrow. i might try for the ALCS. the yankees will be lucky to get that far with "cy" veras working the 7th inning.
  • Does Phil Hughes have a definite spot on the playoff roster???
    He better.

not definite, but probable.

he'd be working out of the bullpen in the postseason, which he's never done before.
  • Allie wrote:
    Oh yeah that's true I saw that on her TV. What channel will the games be on, Fox? Why aren't they in HD?

You mean once you go to the bleachers, you're stuck? You can't leave to go inside? What if you have to go to the bathroom?
    I guess $30 isn't bad. But they're just benches, right? They don't even have backs on the seats?!
    It's SO loud out there too! Well at least you'll have a crack at catching some HR balls.

lol... they have a bathroom in the bleacher section, allie.

there's an inside section, it just doesn't connect to the rest of the stadium (unless you want to jump down into monument park, which they tend to frown upon).

it would be tough to catch a homerun ball in LF. it's something like 467 feet to the first row. that's mickey mantle territory. row V is well over 500 feet away. but for $30 it's well worth it. i really thought the credit card was gonna take a hit on this one.

so in theory, i chose this over the $75 brad tickets for their NYC show. that was too much to justify.

the division series will be on TBS this year. the ALCS and world series are on fox. TBS has no HD channel that i know of. it's really silly, because everyone with an HD package gets TNT in HD. it's the same company, so why not just broadcast the games on TNT?

ted turner is probably just angry that his braves didn't make it.
    lol... they have a bathroom in the bleacher section, allie.

there's an inside section, it just doesn't connect to the rest of the stadium (unless you want to jump down into monument park, which they tend to frown upon).

it would be tough to catch a homerun ball in LF. it's something like 467 feet to the first row. that's mickey mantle territory. row V is well over 500 feet away. but for $30 it's well worth it. i really thought the credit card was gonna take a hit on this one.

so in theory, i chose this over the $75 brad tickets for their NYC show. that was too much to justify.

the division series will be on TBS this year. the ALCS and world series are on fox. TBS has no HD channel that i know of. it's really silly, because everyone with an HD package gets TNT in HD. it's the same company, so why not just broadcast the games on TNT?

ted turner is probably just angry that his braves didn't make it.

well I don't know, I've never been out there! :)
    but can you get up if you want to take a walk into the Stadium, or will you lose your seat? What if you want to go to the Food Court? Or do you have to stay there the whole time

whoa, 500 feet! I didn't realize it was that far out. Bring some binoculars! D'oh.
    As long as you're in the ballpark, that's pretty cool.
    I would choose Yankees over Brad. I'm a Mikey fan :) $75 did seem pretty pricey though! I agree.

and TBS? What are they doing on TBS? Who's going to call the games?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    but can you get up if you want to take a walk into the Stadium, or will you lose your seat? What if you want to go to the Food Court? Or do you have to stay there the whole time

whoa, 500 feet! I didn't realize it was that far out. Bring some binoculars! D'oh.
    I would choose Yankees over Brad. I'm a Mikey fan :) $75 did seem pretty pricey though! I agree.

it just made me laugh, that's all. :)

you can't walk into the stadium, go to the food court, hang out with freddy, etc... there's no way to get there. that's why i prefer the tier reserved section, because i always sneak down in the 7th or 8th inning after the rich people all go home. i don't think it's wrong. paying $100 for a ticket and not staying until the end is wrong.

but in the bleachers, you have to stay where you are. it was really rough out there for ALDS game 2 in '06. the game was called after a three hour rain delay. during those three hours, everyone was packed into the bleacher tunnel (since we couldn't walk around the rest of the stadium like everyone else). there was no room to move and it was at least 90 degrees in there. i eventually just went back to my seat and sat in the rain. it was pouring, but it was definitely an improvement.

you're right though, being there is the most important part. i learned this lesson the hard way when i turned down LF bleacher seats for game 6 of the 2000 ALCS. i felt like such an asshole after david justice hit that homerun.

i wasn't gonna make that mistake again. and that's where i was when manny ramirez ran out of room while trying to track down aaron boone's fly ball. :)

i don't know who will be broadcasting the TBS games. i'll tell you though, i'll take just about anyone over joe buck, tim mccarver, and ken rosenthal.

and i really like brad (even though i'm also a mike fan). i got excited when i saw the sticky thread. then i saw the price. ouch. :(
  • Allie wrote:

the bleacher do not have a food court. if you want a wide variety of food choices there are plenty of places in the neighborhood such as the court deli, the yankee tavern.

TBS has the Division series and all of the NLCS.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    it just made me laugh, that's all. :)

you can't walk into the stadium, go to the food court, hang out with freddy, etc... there's no way to get there. that's why i prefer the tier reserved section, because i always sneak down in the 7th or 8th inning after the rich people all go home. i don't think it's wrong. paying $100 for a ticket and not staying until the end is wrong.

but in the bleachers, you have to stay where you are. it was really rough out there for ALDS game 2 in '06. the game was called after a three hour rain delay. during those three hours, everyone was packed into the bleacher tunnel (since we couldn't walk around the rest of the stadium like everyone else). there was no room to move and it was at least 90 degrees in there. i eventually just went back to my seat and sat in the rain. it was pouring, but it was definitely an improvement.

you're right though, being there is the most important part. i learned this lesson the hard way when i turned down LF bleacher seats for game 6 of the 2000 ALCS. i felt like such an asshole after david justice hit that homerun.

i wasn't gonna make that mistake again. and that's where i was when manny ramirez ran out of room while trying to track down aaron boone's fly ball. :)

i don't know who will be broadcasting the TBS games. i'll tell you though, i'll take just about anyone over joe buck, tim mccarver, and ken rosenthal.

and i really like brad (even though i'm also a mike fan). i got excited when i saw the sticky thread. then i saw the price. ouch. :(

that is bogus! You're trapped out there! No food court? You miss those Cheese Fries! But they have vendors, right? Except for the beer of course.

Oh I remember that rainout game! Ugh. It was so ominous, we lost every game after that one, didn't we?

I was telling X last night the last playoff we were at was the game 2 in the ALDS Minnesota. He said it was in '04.

Oh that Justice HR was HUGE. Oh man. And then that Subway Series, did you get in for that?
    I tried SO hard to get tickets but no go. Man oh man.
    I'm no fan of Joe Buck. Timmy I don't mind. He knows the games. He's been around forever. I don't even listen to Rosenthal.

That's fair enough about Brad.
    It is pricey but it's for a benefit. Plus it's a rare gig.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    the bleacher do not have a food court. if you want a wide variety of food choices there are plenty of places in the neighborhood such as the court deli, the yankee tavern.

TBS has the Division series and all of the NLCS.

We had this discussion-you have to eat a tasty Stadium Dog!! And those chicken tenders and cheese fries in the Food Court are top notch! :)

Why does TBS have the division series?

What day does it start, Tuesday?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    that is bogus! You're trapped out there! No food court? You miss those Cheese Fries! But they have vendors, right? Except for the beer of course.

Oh I remember that rainout game! Ugh. It was so ominous, we lost every game after that one, didn't we?

I was telling X last night the last playoff we were at was the game 2 in the ALDS Minnesota. He said it was in '04.

Oh that Justice HR was HUGE. Oh man. And then that Subway Series, did you get in for that?
    I'm no fan of Joe Buck. Timmy I don't mind. He knows the games. He's been around forever. I don't even listen to Rosenthal.

i think chip caray, who calls the braves games on TBS will be part of the announcing team for the yankee games.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i think chip caray, who calls the braves games on TBS will be part of the announcing team for the yankee games.

Is that Harry's son? Is he any good?

Wait why are they on TBS?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    Is that Harry's son? Is he any good?

Wait why are they on TBS?

part of the new deal that went into effect after last season. i think tbs/tnt will do a good job on the playoffs because of how well they telecast the nba games, much better than espn.

and chip is harry's grandson.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    part of the new deal that went into effect after last season. i think tbs/tnt will do a good job on the playoffs because of how well they telecast the nba games, much better than espn.

and chip is harry's grandson.

oh ok. are they still starting at 8pm?

grandson! Whoa!
    cool.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    oh ok. are they still starting at 8pm?

grandson! Whoa!
    cool.

i'd think so, but it might be earlier since game three would be next sunday.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i'd think so, but it might be earlier since game three would be next sunday.

that would be good then I wouldn't have to worry about missing Desperate Housewives.

They said on the news Wang and Andy will pitch the 1st two games and Clemens the third (if he's ok)?

Did you see the Cingular commercial with Roger? It's very funny!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:

that's just how it is. they have vendors. it's basic stuff like hot dogs, etc. no beer. :( and that's kinda tough, but i can deal with it because those $12 beers add up pretty quickly. and if no one else is drinking either, i can manage.

no subway series tickets for me either. that was a crazy time to be in the city though.

ken rosenthal is awful because all he ever does is talk about how the yankees aren't good enough to make the playoffs. and it's obvious that he really doesn't follow the team closely enough to have a valid opinion. it's like, ok... we get it, ken. you're a moron. now find something else to talk about. :rolleyes: