Options

Israeli - Lebanese body counts

124»

Comments

• Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Exactly. Hezbollah was launched to fight the Israeli occupation. All of these militant groups are fighting occupation.

But we moved out 6 years ago, they have no reason to exist as a terror organization anymore. The only reason we are in Lebanon right now is because of their provocation.

Commy: "Hamas has a strict policy of miltary targets only".

Are you kidding me? Hamas pulled out the most suicide bombing inside of Israel, and for the last few months they are continuously shooting missiels (called "Kassams") towards the Israeli town of Sderot - an unquestioned Israeli territory fulls with nothing but civilians. They have also been trying to kidnap young male israeli hitchhikers inside Israel.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    shiraz wrote:
    But we moved out 6 years ago, they have no reason to exist as a terror organization anymore. The only reason we are in Lebanon right now is because of their provocation.

Are you kidding me? Hamas pulled out the most suicide bombing inside of Israel, and for the last few months they are continuously shooting missiels (called "Kassams") towards the Israeli town of Sderot - an unquestioned Israeli territory fulls with nothing but civilians. They have also been trying to kidnap young male israeli hitchhikers inside Israel.

Israel has hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in its jails-mostly civilian. And in the last 6 years Israel has launched repeated assassination attempts and sent numerous assaults into Palestinian refugee camps. Not to mention gunships firing rockets into apartment complexes. The last 6 years have not been peaceful for the Palestinians.

And I stand corrected...Hezbollah has been know for its care in avoiding civilian casualties-hence their retaliation when Israel kidnapped the doctor and a few other civilians. They took Israeli soldiers-not civilians as Israel had done. Hamas is a terrorist org...

But groups like this exist because of Israeli aggression, which is an almost everyday occurance.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    shiraz wrote:

Can we call them a resistance faction? Because that's really what they are, we've already identified that. Capturing 2 soldiers is not an act of terror, because it doesn't target civilian populations. The guerilla tactics they are using now is in a way retaliation for Israeli bombing of civilians. It's kind of a tit-for-tat response. Technically they are a resistance faction though. As the term "terrorist" is broad and misused, technically Israel is a terrorist faction aswell. So to distinguish between them, let's call them the resistance faction.

And no, Israel pulled out of parts of Lebanon, but all sources stat that Israel still occupies parts of lebanon and syria.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    In the seven weeks prior to Shalit's (the soldier that Hizbollah captured-on a mission to kill palestinians btw) capture, the number of Palestinians killed at the hands of the Israeli military - i.e. Shalit's equally innocent looking colleagues - approached the 100 mark.

just a little info....
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Commy wrote:
    Israel has hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in its jails-mostly civilian. And in the last 6 years Israel has launched repeated assassination attempts and sent numerous assaults into Palestinian refugee camps. Not to mention gunships firing rockets into apartment complexes. The last 6 years have not been peaceful for the Palestinians.

And I stand corrected...Hezbollah has been know for its care in avoiding civilian casualties-hence their retaliation when Israel kidnapped the doctor and a few other civilians. They took Israeli soldiers-not civilians as Israel had done. Hamas is a terrorist org...

But groups like this exist because of Israeli aggression, which is an almost everyday occurance.

You (and Ahnimus) are wrong. First, Hezbollah IS a terror organization (it was defined as one by the UN, U.S & Europe). This organization was founded in Syria and acted via Lebanon territory in order to resist the Israeli occupation in SOUTHEREN LABANON, which is no longer exists (since 2000). It has nothing to do with the Palestinians (southern Israel), nothing. After Israel moved out of Lebanon, Hezbollah was ordered by the U.N to disarm and leave southern Lebanon, since it has no reason to exist as a "resistance" group. We all know this didn't happen.

Second: Hezbollah acted against Israeli civilians since day one by shooting rockets towards northern Israel towns like Naharia or Qiryat Shmona. In the latest events, Hezbollah crossed the Israeli border, killed a few Israeli patrol soliders and kidnapped 2 of them INSIDE isreal, went back to Lebanone and started to fire missiles towards Israeli civilians BEFORE Israel had responded.

Third: Gilad Shalit was kidnapped by the HAMAS. Gilad was set up at the place called Kerem Shalom, a supervision point near Palestinian - Eygpt border (Rafich) that was part of Israel-Palestinian authority *agreement* in 2005 during the Gaza withdrawal. Kerem Shalom is located INSIDE unquestioned Israeli territory, and Hamas had to plane & dig a long tunnle in order to get to the Israeli side, kill soliders and kidnap one.

The only connection between Gliad Shalit and the Hezbollah is that his kidnapping inspired the Hezbollah to perform a similar act.

All of the above are FACTS which can also be find in the arab media. For some reason, you insist to ignore them.
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    shiraz wrote:
    Once again: civilians are MORE than just numbers. I don't even understand the plain idea of "death statistics". In fact, it makes me sick to my stomech. Oh yeah, excuse us for having a shelter and not being killed, please forgive most of northeren Israel's people for running away & leaving their homes behind, and the ones like me who stayed and got missed by the missiles only cause of luck. Really, sorry for not being dead and therfore contradicting your price-less conclusions from a stupid statistics.

Ok, the next time somebody mentions the six million from WW2, il just point them to your statement that numbers don't really mean anything.

By your reckoning, Whats 400 on one side to 15 on another, so whats 6 million on one side and a few thousand on the other.

Just blind, "death statistics," according to you?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    danmac wrote:
    Ok, the next time somebody mentions the six million from WW2, il just point them to your statement that numbers don't really mean anything.

By your reckoning, Whats 400 on one side to 15 on another, so whats 6 million on one side and a few thousand on the other.

Just blind, "death statistics," according to you?

I believe he takes issue with the lack of similarity between the two sets of statistics, as well he should.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Latest counts of this 'balanced and restrained act of self-defence'

Lebanese dead, 360 Civilians, 12 'terrorists'

Israeli, 17 Civilians, 20 military personnel.

Gaza - Four members from one family killed in Gaza city, 20 Killed and 193 Injured in El-Maghazi and Nablus, 22-July. Total estimated dead since the offensive started = 130.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    danmac wrote:
    Latest counts of this 'balanced and restrained act of self-defence'

Lebanese dead, 360 Civilians, 12 'terrorists'

Israeli, 17 Civilians, 20 military personnel.

Gaza - Four members from one family killed in Gaza city, 20 Killed and 193 Injured in El-Maghazi and Nablus, 22-July. Total estimated dead since the offensive started = 130.

Only 12? Wow, how innefective? Should fire their army commander for being so bad at aiming terrorist and so good at aiming civillians, but no, that's probably how they want it to be.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau