Options

Harper unmoved by polls, remains firm on Mideast crisis, softwood

1235»

Comments

• Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It would seem Harper is a puppet for the Americans.

of course he is
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Canada didn't support the Iraq war because there was no evidence supporting the war. I personally agree with Canada's previous stance on the Iraq war, Harper is putting Canada on it's knees before the U.S.A.

If a small minority of people agree with Harper's actions, he shouldn't be doing what he is doing.

He is taking us into an American Union which will just make us part of the USA with Mexico and we will all be Americans.

It would seem Harper is a puppet for the Americans.

I agree as well that Canada made the BEST decision in my life by not entering that war...its scary....I am not trying to fear monger....but think if Harper was in power when Jean was running the show we, from his past comments, may have entered that war
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Yeah, I am waiting for countries like France and Germany to commit peacekeeping troops. I mean, a firm commitment ... Stop going back and forth.

I'd be surprised if they did.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    They will try with or without the support they have now. Remember the last 6 years - they started to gain popularity again after providing social & med services to the Shi'ites in southern Lebanon, they got Hariri (and other opposers) out of their way (via murder), and then a few seats in Lebanon's parlament which still allowed them to act as of they were in the lead. All of this (including the initial attack against Israel) happened when they had only a minor support - Its A LOT.

BTW, That was my final version, I think you missed it but never mind :)

The main demand is that Int armed forces will come along LATER, instead of now. I think it is also immoral to leave me & ruud's life in the hands of the Hizbullah & a none-traind Lebanese army. Ruud agrees with me, btw.

It is immoral to let the fight go on, and the UN is just a huge joke, in the end all i want is this situation to be settle, and i don't think the way it is currently manage (israel govt. and Hezbollah) will help to settle the situation. That's why it would be nice to have an effective UN or some independant govt. to talk for peace. (why i see a problem with Canada only being sheep and following, instead of taking a lead role).

Anyway i hope i'm not coming up too confrontational to you, i'm just trying to figure all that out and try to see the light, and with that goal in mind, i believe the Lebanese/French/Arab league/Russians solution is better than the others. But it doesn't mean that other solutions wouldn't be good either, as long as they all stop bombing each other.

The UN is lost, if they don't come up with a solution on this conflict, i call for a shutdown of this stupid security council, what a joke to "discuss and negociate" while peoples are being killed and leaders on both side are calling for more blood spilling, sad sad state of affair. They should lock themselves inside a room with water and pizzas, and negociate till they come out with a solution, don't let them sleep or get out untill they have a solution, bunch of stupid diplomat... sorry for the rant...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    beemster wrote:
    If Quebec seperates, and thats the only thing he accomplishes, then we should have a national holiday for that day.

maybe it will happen, i'm curious to read more stupidity from you about Quebec separation, would be awesome...

"Would an independent Quebec be a friend to terrorists?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    It is immoral to let the fight go on, and the UN is just a huge joke, in the end all i want is this situation to be settle, and i don't think the way it is currently manage (israel govt. and Hezbollah) will help to settle the situation. That's why it would be nice to have an effective UN or some independant govt. to talk for peace. (why i see a problem with Canada only being sheep and following, instead of taking a lead role).

Anyway i hope i'm not coming up too confrontational to you, i'm just trying to figure all that out and try to see the light, and with that goal in mind, i believe the Lebanese/French/Arab league/Russians solution is better than the others. But it doesn't mean that other solutions wouldn't be good either, as long as they all stop bombing each other.

The UN is lost, if they don't come up with a solution on this conflict, i call for a shutdown of this stupid security council, what a joke to "discuss and negociate" while peoples are being killed and leaders on both side are calling for more blood spilling, sad sad state of affair. They should lock themselves inside a room with water and pizzas, and negociate till they come out with a solution, don't let them sleep or get out untill they have a solution, bunch of stupid diplomat... sorry for the rant...

That's ok, yesterday I found myself thinking maybe the only thing that would help me get my life back is if someone violently force the UN guys to send their Int forces, and get this whole story done. can you believe that?

There is a solution, but the UN simply don't want to peacekeep the region themselves, which is exactly what eventually happened during the last 6 years and brought us back to where we are now.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    That's ok, yesterday I found myself thinking maybe the only thing that would help me get my life back is if someone violently force the UN guys to send their Int forces, and get this whole story done. can you believe that?

There is a solution, but the UN simply don't want to peacekeep the region themselves, which is exactly what eventually happened during the last 6 years and brought us back to where we are now.

Oh i understand your frustration and you'Re thoughts of violently forcing them, i'd be a lot more radical than you are if all that was happening to me, i respect you a lot for what you're currently living and the way you live through it, it's something none of us will ever experience (i hope).

The brother of one kidnap soldier was in Montreal talking to medias yesterday, but he's not really bringing anything new to the debate, just bringing some attention to the situation, but it's already the talks of everyone here, at work, families, friends etc....
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Oh i understand your frustration and you'Re thoughts of violently forcing them, i'd be a lot more radical than you are if all that was happening to me, i respect you a lot for what you're currently living and the way you live through it, it's something none of us will ever experience (i hope).

The brother of one kidnap soldier was in Montreal talking to medias yesterday, but he's not really bringing anything new to the debate, just bringing some attention to the situation, but it's already the talks of everyone here, at work, families, friends etc....

I feel so sorry for him :(

You gotta understand none of the countries even mentioned those 2 kidnapped soliders, they are not a crucial part of any current agreement and everyone seems to forget about them. This whole 'family trip' is a private one, that brother pays for traveling around the world and reminding everyone his brother was kidnapped & and someone has to bring him back.

This is so sad, so sad.