Options

gay people raising children

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    mca47 wrote:
    I see you didn't answer my question.
    Annnnyways :rolleyes:
    The problem is that human evolution is difficult to understand unless you look at the genetic aspect of it. Many different forms of taxonomy can be put forth based on genetic mapping. Whoa!
    Despite the google search of a fellow jammer earlier, there still hasn't been any significant...and I repeat, SIGNIFICANT data to support any claim that there is a "gay gene." :eek: If I could get my old genetics professor on here I would, but I don't think that's reasonable.
    Yes, "mutation" is misleading. Based on what I just said, a mutation is an abnormality based on the expression/or lack thereof of a specific gene.
    "The normal course of evolution"? What is normal? Over time, what seems like would be the natural occurance of an event always seems to take a deviation in some aspect from what one would expect. Look back...in many cases what Darwin said as being the definition of "the survival of the fittest" isn't always clear. Nature has it's own way of expressing itself (that's in the most non-anthropomorphic way I can describe.)
    I'm going to go talk to the wall now...

First off don't be condescending towards me it makes you look like a dickhead. Let's get that straight right now be adults about ok? I don't waste my time on child mentality...those users fill up my kill file rather quickly. I don't need to thump my chest re: my credentials. Besides I could lie like hell what's the point?

Have you read any of my earlier posts? An entirely gay society would lead to extinction of the species. Would you consider this a desirable trait? Survival of the fittest? how does that apply to no survival at all? Homosexuality exists because emotional loopholes, and bending the rules, have allowed it to. Perhaps you are confusing homosexuality with Bisexuality?

I found this article somewhat interesting...
    "However, the new studies boost the hypothesis that homosexuality has a genetic basis and is not simply the result of learned behavior."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0510_050510_gayscent.html
  • Options
    IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
    i am disapponted at how the thread developed.

i had not asked if its normal to be gay, if gays should marry, or if homosexuality is a dead end or not. i wont accept the blame for any illinformed or anti-homo statements anyone made here.

MY ONLY QUESTION WAS ABOUT THEM RAISING KIDS.
    ESPECIALLY LOOKING AT IT FROM THE KIDS POINT OF VIEW.

to all the people who have given to the point answers, thank you.

their answers basically fall in 2 categories -

one believe it would be too hard on the child to have daddy and daddy or mommy and mommy instead of dam and mom.

another set believe that it wont be a problem at all, and often drive home their point by giving examples of kids with single parents, kids with drug addict parents and how these situations are not better than having gay parents.

to them i ask - put yourself in their shoes.

who amongst us can even contemplate what it would have been like to grow up knowing that we have 2 dads or 2 moms??

my answer to the question i asked - should gays raise kids ?? NO

since thats very selfish of them. they just want to get all the pleasures of life. which is perfectly ok for everyone, as long as its not at the expense of another person. i cant rape someone cos raping gives ME pleasure (at the victim's expense). in this case the 2 dads or the 2 moms will have all the joys of parenthood at the expense of leaving their child (who for no fault of his or hers will not have a normal set of parents) very disturbed and confused from a very young age. like Harmless_little said, ""Children aren't a right, they are a blessing."".
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Credentials and proof aren't his strong point.

wow you got anything to add except mouth? I'm great at insults too but I don't fling em...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    wow you got anything to add except mouth? I'm great at insults too but I don't fling em...

"Science would call you a fool then. Your emotions would seem to cloud your vision of reality and the laws of nature for that matter.

Why so many clueless people have such strong opinions when they pose uninformed, factless, conjectured arguments again and again...I'll never know.... anyhow I'll state my beliefs again."

DOH!

...Still waitin on your expertise...

"Hey Pot",
    "What's that kettle?"

"You're black!!!"
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610

one believe it would be too hard on the child to have daddy and daddy or mommy and mommy instead of dam and mom.

another set believe that it wont be a problem at all, and often drive home their point by giving examples of kids with single parents, kids with drug addict parents and how these situations are not better than having gay parents.

who amongst us can even contemplate what it would have been like to grow up knowing that we have 2 dads or 2 moms??
    I don't support either view. What I'm saying is that it doesn't automatically produce a certain set of problems, or that there will be no problems whatsoever.

I'm not going to generalise this entire cohort of children. I was on this tv panel discussion of this issue, which involved children from such families. They did not have any problems that they perceived was derived from their parents being homosexual. As far as they were concerned, they were just parents, plain and simple.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case for all such children. I'm a social worker by profession, one which is all about putting myself in my clients shoes. To make such a valued judgement on what is surely a large number of children with differing life experiences isn't empathy. It's proselytisation, in disregard for the individual differences from person to person.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options

Honestly I don't think it would matter all that much to the child. They would have to adopt at a very young age i.e. 3yrs or younger though to reduce the impact. The child would love both parents equally imo. Later it could lead to problems, but probably less severe than those of not being loved and cared for at all.

I would trade 2 (or one) loving parents for no loving parents, or for two hateful psycho hetero parents. A happy home is a happy home. Love as an emotion has no sexual orientation...best case scenario is to be like the "status quo". We all know how being labelled as different messes up a kid's self confidence growing up...anyhow that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    "Science would call you a fool then. Your emotions would seem to cloud your vision of reality and the laws of nature for that matter.

Why so many clueless people have such strong opinions when they pose uninformed, factless, conjectured arguments again and again...I'll never know.... anyhow I'll state my beliefs again."

DOH!

...Still waitin on your expertise...

"Hey Pot",
    "What's that kettle?"

"You're black!!!"

nicely taken out of context to suit your immature ego... you missed some ...but what the hell is your point other than to be troublesome here?

again do you have anything positive to contribute?....no one likes a smart ass...see there's another one I just made...wow...
  • Options
    A divorced couple can grow up a child.
    A single woman/man can too.
    A widower can grow up a child.
    But a gay can not.
    Why not?
  • Options
    since thats very selfish of them. they just want to get all the pleasures of life. which is perfectly ok for everyone, as long as its not at the expense of another person. i cant rape someone cos raping gives ME pleasure (at the victim's expense). in this case the 2 dads or the 2 moms will have all the joys of parenthood at the expense of leaving their child (who for no fault of his or hers will not have a normal set of parents) very disturbed and confused from a very young age. like Harmless_little said, ""Children aren't a right, they are a blessing."".

You should take a look at what social pyscologists say about this.
    DOH...again!

Consider, and I'm far from being a social psycologist (despite what I have read from them...).

I generalize, but we all grew up in an age where homosexuality was "taboo" to a point but not as much as it was 20 yrs. prior. At that time "homos" were freaks who had no respect in society. Consider the steps taken over the years and to think that those "mutants" can raise a child is fucking insane. :rolleyes: It has never been prooved that a child raised under gay parents has been proove to be more gay than any other...in fact a recent report prooves this not to be true.
  • Options
    i am disapponted at how the thread developed.

i had not asked if its normal to be gay, if gays should marry, or if homosexuality is a dead end or not. i wont accept the blame for any illinformed or anti-homo statements anyone made here.

Those who answer 'Yes!' to your question (the first post) will state that this thought is just too simple. To suggest that gay parents cannot parent a child simply because it may result in bullying/discrimination or some such because of the way society views these children just isn't enough. You cannot make an argument based on the way society's discriminations are presently.

If you did, then surely you could say that mentally or physically disabled parents cannot parent a child because of the way society views them/their children as well. The fact that the child may see some bullying because of his/her parents having these problems doesn't mean that she shouldn't have been concieved by them. Their problem is caused by society not accepting them, it's not the fault of their own. Same for gay people.

I do not believe that gay couples should have the right to medical birth intervention. I'm not sure if I believe gay people shouldn't parent children, but even if I did, it wouldn't be for the reasons you state.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    nicely taken out of context to suit your immature ego... you missed some ...but what the hell is your point other than to be troublesome here?

again do you have anything positive to contribute?....no one likes a smart ass...see there's another one I just made...wow...

How was that out of context?
    Look back at what you said and it's not any different.

My point is not to be "troublesome", but to state my belief that "homos" have the right to raise children as us wonderful perfect heterosexuals do on a regular basis. I understand the "evolutionary" aspect of it, but being the devil's advocate, and i try to push some buttons.
    Still waiting on your credentials...
  • Options
    is there anyone in this forum who would NOT mind, being raised by 2 dads or two moms???

i have nothing against gays doing anything.

my concern is for the child who for no fault of his/hers will not have a father and mother.

and scarletstarlet, to answer you

But a gay can not.
    Why not?

divorced couples dont realise tht they would get divorced someday. so the child having to grow up with single parents is an unforseen accident. where as in the case of 2 homosexual parents, they know BEFOREHAND that the child will have 2 dads or moms.

a single man/woman..... i dont support that. same reason. i understand if the man and woman dont marry but still take care of the child mutually, but i dont support cases where the man or woman just uses the other to make the baby and then raises the child alone. cos thats very hard on the child and also this "hardness" was deliberately dished out to him (same in the case of 2 homosexuals - they know perfectly well what sort of problems their child will face).

widower ---- again unplanned. if someone becomes a widow or widower, then thats accidental.

Swim the magic ocean,
  • Options
    is there anyone in this forum who would NOT mind, being raised by 2 dads or two moms???

i have nothing against gays doing anything.

my concern is for the child who for no fault of his/hers will not have a father and mother.

But a gay can not.
    Why not?

divorced couples dont realise tht they would get divorced someday. so the child having to grow up with single parents is an unforseen accident. where as in the case of 2 homosexual parents, they know BEFOREHAND that the child will have 2 dads or moms.

a single man/woman..... i dont support that. same reason. i understand if the man and woman dont marry but still take care of the child mutually, but i dont support cases where the man or woman just uses the other to make the baby and then raises the child alone. cos thats very hard on the child and also this "hardness" was deliberately dished out to him (same in the case of 2 homosexuals - they know perfectly well what sort of problems their child will face).

widower ---- again unplanned. if someone becomes a widow or widower, then thats accidental.

Granted, I was raised in the prototypical "American family" with a mom and a dad, but I wouldn't give two shits if I was raised by two moms or two dads, as long as they loved me and supported me.
    Again, reports have shown no preference for a sexual tendency with gay or non-gay parents.
    With all the single parents out there (which is fine)...I don't see how this is a problem.
    In fact, most of my gay friends (I am not gay) I can say would be better parents than my hetero friends.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102

if you look at my post on page 6 you will find an answer of sorts, and it contains no homophobia.
  • Options

But a gay can not.
    Why not?

You' re so candid/naive.
    There are a lot of people who realize to be homosexual only when they' re adult, and maybe when they' ve already became parents.
    I hope you don't think that all the parents of the world are straight.Children with one gay parent already exists, there 's no need to go to Spain, to Belgium or The Netherlands.You can find them everywhere.
  • Options
    You' re so candid/naive.
    There are a lot of people who realize to be homosexual only when they' re adult, quote]

very true. a lot of people came out on their first year at uni. a mixture of being able to come out to people who dont know or have perceptions about them and also a realisation of their true selves. uni is such an accepting place :)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    How was that out of context?
    Look back at what you said and it's not any different.

My point is not to be "troublesome", but to state my belief that "homos" have the right to raise children as us wonderful perfect heterosexuals do on a regular basis. I understand the "evolutionary" aspect of it, but being the devil's advocate, and i try to push some buttons.
    Still waiting on your credentials...

My argument transcends the one post that you used to try and prove your "point" with. I detest small minded approach. Do you see any of my posts "flinging" one liners at anyone? I would have a hard time seeing proof of that thus far. You would seem to take a very roundabout antagonistic approach to conveying your intent :rolleyes: Maybe state *your* credentials then...what do I have to prove to you anyways? I could tell you anything I want. Your reasoning, for whatever validation you seek, is poorly formulated in that regard. I don't need to flaunt my credentials here... I could easily, but why should I? because you demand them?...ha!...perhaps go fly yourself a concrete kite then... I have a nice length of anchor chain if you need something to connect it to :D
  • Options
    i am surprised that there are so many people in this forum who say they would nopt mind if they had been raised by 2 hosexual dads or moms.

Swim the magic ocean,
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    If two gays wanna get married,go ahead it doesn't hurt anyone.Adopting children on the other hand does.I'll never ever even support it one bit.I'd rather never have been born than grow up in a household with two men or women kissing each other.I mean sure,you'd have a great fashion sense but otherwise I really think it's a terrible idea.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    If two gays wanna get married,go ahead it doesn't anyone.Adopting children on the other hand does.I'll never ever even support it one bit.I'd rather never have been born than grow up in a household with two men or women kissing each other.I mean sure,you'd have a great fashion sense but otherwise I really think it's a terrible idea.

i dont get this resistance to being brought up by gay parents. who is to say they are any worse than a hetrosexual couple?? just becuase we are told that the hetrosexual was is better doesn't make it so. people really need to open their minds. your sexual preference doesnt determine your suitability as a parent.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    i dont get this resistance to being brought up by gay parents. who is to say they are any worse than a hetrosexual couple?? just becuase we are told that the hetrosexual was is better doesn't make it so. people really need to open their minds. your sexual preference doesnt determine your suitability as a parent.

Maybe they would be caring and considerate but I don't a homosexual household is the healthiest environment for a child's mind.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    Maybe they would be caring and considerate but I don't a homosexual household is the healthiest environment for a child's mind.

that is implying homosexuals are subversive and/or counter to the good of society.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    that is implying homosexuals are subversive and/or counter to the good of society.

I just can't imagine being a child and seeing two men kissing each other and trying to understand it.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I just can't imagine being a child and seeing two men kissing each other and trying to understand it.

if you are brought up from birth by two two men or women you will except what you see as normal. its the nature/nurture thing.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    if you are brought up from birth by two two men or women you will except what you see as normal. its the nature/nurture thing.

Listen,I'd just choose a man and a woman as my parents if I had the choice,ok?They created me so they should raise me.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    Listen,I'd just choose a man and a woman as my parents if I had the choice,ok?They created me so they should raise me.

i'm not telling you to have gay parents... this is a forum about discussion. you said you couldnt comtemplate this and i mearly put a point across.

also there is a huge problem, in the uk at least, of children needing foster homes or to be adopted becuase their birth parents cannot or do not want them.... sometimes you just dont have the choice.
  • Options
    okay, i read through this thread...

and 2 points...

one, is directed to rightondude... on more than one occasion you referance adding someone/something to your "killfile"... what exactly does that mean? I read it as some juvenile "people to kill" list. Is that correct, or does it mean something else...

I do not question a gay couples ability to Parent. They can be just as good (or bad) at providing love and stability to a child. What i do wonder about, is, are kids an entitlement? I think i agree with Harmless on this one. People feel as though they are entitled to a kid- gay or straight. Should they be? I really dont know honestly. When someone decides (i know its not a "im gonna be gay" decision) to live a gay lifestyle, having kids is a physical impossibility to do naturally, so maybe that should be a sacrifice you make if you live a gay lifestyle.
  • Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    i'm not telling you to have gay parents... this is a forum about discussion. you said you couldnt comtemplate this and i mearly put a point across.

also there is a huge problem, in the uk at least, of children needing foster homes or to be adopted becuase their birth parents cannot or do not want them.... sometimes you just dont have the choice.

I can see it from the point of view that gay parents are better than no parents to me a man and a woman should raise kids.I know being a man and a woman doesn't automatically make you good parents but that's just the way I think it should be.I just think for the most part this is about gay people wanting the right to raise kids rather than thinking about the kids' point of view.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I can see it from the point of view that gay parents are better than no parents to me a man and a woman should raise kids.I know being a man and a woman doesn't automatically make you good parents but that's just the way I think it should be.I just think for the most part this is about gay people wanting the right to raise kids rather than thinking about the kids' point of view.

what would the kids point of view be? "oh i ahve two daddies, i wish i had a 'normal' family"..... that is silly. as i said before kids generally accept what they see as normal. there is no evidence to sugest kids miss out on anything if they have gay parents.
    you are entitled to say you feel more comfortable that you are raised by hetrosexul parents, but that is the way you ahve been raised. maybe if you were raised by two loving women or men you couldnt imagin having hetrosexual parents.

if you are brought up in a loving family then that should be enough. yeah gay couples want to raise kids, just as some women choose to raise kids by themselves.
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I just think for the most part this is about gay people wanting the right to raise kids rather than thinking about the kids' point of view.

right on !!

homosexual people have a "he can scratch his ass in public so i should also be allowed to do so" kind of attitude towards everything.

Swim the magic ocean,