Options

gay people raising children

Comments

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    jeffbr wrote:
    Surprising how homophobic some seemingly liberal people on this board can be. Before this thread continues to devolve and expose latent homosexual fears of posters, how about putting it back on track.

I think the ideal is 1 father and 1 mother. Each generally brings something different to the raising of the child. But that doesn't mean that it is the best thing in every instance. I've seen plenty of incapable, incompetent 1 mother/1 father families. I've seen some wonderful single parent families even though that may not be ideal. I've seen some wonderful homosexual/homosexual parent families even though that may not be ideal.

Would you anti-homosexual-parent posters rather have those children going through a foster care system as wards of the state, or would you rather see them given a loving home with caring parents who just happen to be same sex?
    Thank you! I had almost given up all hope for this board until I got to your post :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    hippiemom wrote:
    This has been proven?!!?! I missed the memo, please share your documentation with us. I'm always interested in scientific advances.

Actually it hasn't been proven that I am aware of. I was just appealing to both sides of the argument supporting homosexuality. i.e it's a woman in a mans body therefore they can't help it, so don't hate them, or they just choose to be gay because they want to.. either way...evolution considers it a very grim scenario
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Deni wrote:
    If we lived in a world where more than 7-10% of the population was gay and the only way to make babies was by having male/female sexual intercourse then I would say you were right... But we don't live in that world. There are 7 billion people on the planet and if even 10% of them are gay that leaves 6 billion people fully prepared to propagate the species. We are not going to go extinct anytime soon. So don't worry about that. As for the other... I have friends who are lesbian and though the magic of in vitro they have triplets. So -- so much for that. lol

Peace and Love,
    Deni :)
    In vitro is not magic, but science and cash. Here is your chance to bash....I see it as selfish and wrong that a procedure like In vitro is used to give same sex couples a chance to dance around the rules and purchase a child from a test tube. Adoption could help out thousands of children who have no choice. If a loving home is what they are trying to provide, spend that cash on someone who needs a home now.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    Being gay is a disease where the brain mutates during fetus fevelopment. Some just wanna be gay by choice though it seems. I doubt the kid would care at all until it was old enough to start asking questions and realizing why he's different.

Bottom line is that one of the parents is merely a participant not paternal.

Homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end. An extinction.
    wow.

wanna nuke iran and lynch a black man while we're at it?

how bout those women voting.. gotta do away with that.

and fuck the native americans of course.. savages..

it only seems wrong because people (ESPECIALLY IN THE US FOR SOME GOD FORSAKEN REASON) see homosexuality like this fucker.

there's nothing wrong with it, or them raising kids.

p.s.

i know we're trying to be nicer to eachother round here, but goddamn man, you are a biggoted motherfucker.

ill see you in hell.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    DeniDeni Posts: 233
    Meatwagon wrote:
    In vitro is not magic, but science and cash. Here is your chance to bash....I see it as selfish and wrong that a procedure like In vitro is used to give same sex couples a chance to dance around the rules and purchase a child from a test tube. Adoption could help out thousands of children who have no choice. If a loving home is what they are trying to provide, spend that cash on someone who needs a home now.

Science only explains HOW something works. Magic explains WHY it works. lol Besides, many gay couples do adopt. By the way, that was a kickass poem you had going there for a minute. ;)
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Thank you???? So much of this is going to be figured out by society and lawyers in the years ahead of us. I just hope that it all works out. We are already coming off a trend of divorce and broken homes, so I cross my fingers and hope somebody along the line has learned something.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    wow.

it only seems wrong because people (ESPECIALLY IN THE US FOR SOME GOD FORSAKEN REASON) see homosexuality like this fucker.

p.s.

i know we're trying to be nicer to eachother round here, but goddamn man, you are a biggoted motherfucker.

ill see you in hell.

this was a reasonable debate untill you added your retarded comments.

You dont have to be a warmongering racist to be consider homosexuality unnatural. If you find acceptable then thats cool, but some people dont, but the majority of those that dont agree with it, dont actually give a fuck about gay people.
  • Options
    this was a reasonable debate untill you added your retarded comments.

You dont have to be a warmongering racist to be consider homosexuality unnatural. If you find acceptable then thats cool, but some people dont, but the majority of those that dont agree with it, dont actually give a fuck about gay people.
    of course those that don't agree with it don't give a fuck about them...

those people consider them sub-human as a matter of fact,.. even going so far as to make laws to seperate themselves culturally from them.

THAT isn't right.

and especially for the way that guy worded what he said, he is a motherfucker, and i will not apologize for saying so.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    personally, i think having 2 parents who love you and support you is all that is important. there are plenty of children with heterosexual homes, NOT getting the love and support they need...why would one's sexual orientation determine one to be 'better' than the other in raising a child?

O.k. But here's the thing as I see it. You can't validate a, perhaps, negative situation by comparing it to a worse situation. My wife is a public elementary school teacher and I used to be the same. It is horrendous the awful stories of neglect and abuse (both physical and psychological) she brings home nearly everday, every year, at the hands of traditional, heterosexual parents. Its terrible. It used to make me cry. Literally. I've kinda gotten used to it, which is a sad thing. HORRIBLE stuff.
    Does that automatically make homosexual parents an ideal thing? No. Of course two loving caregivers would be better than two neglectful abusive ones. No argument there. But, a loving mommy and a loving daddy are the ideal. Homosexual parents are just not ideal. I'm sorry, it just isn't. I'm not hateful, homophobic, or anything like that. I just don't think its a good situation, just because it might be better than a WORSE situation.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    O.k. But here's the thing as I see it. You can't validate a, perhaps, negative situation by comparing it to a worse situation. My wife is a public elementary school teacher and I used to be the same. It is horrendous the awful stories of neglect and abuse (both physical and psychological) she brings home nearly everday, every year, at the hands of traditional, heterosexual parents. Its terrible. It used to make me cry. Literally. I've kinda gotten used to it, which is a sad thing. HORRIBLE stuff.
    Does that automatically make homosexual parents an ideal thing? No. Of course two loving caregivers would be better than two neglectful abusive ones. No argument there. But, a loving mommy and a loving daddy are the ideal. Homosexual parents are just not ideal. I'm sorry, it just isn't. I'm not hateful, homophobic, or anything like that. I just don't think its a good situation, just because it might be better than a WORSE situation.
    But comparing it to those situations can show you that whether the two parents are of a different sex doesn't matter.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    But comparing it to those situations can show you that whether the two parents are of a different sex doesn't matter.
    No it doesn't. It doesn't show that at all. It only shows that one situation is worse than the other one. It doesn't turn one less than ideal situation into a good one.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    The neurodevelopment of human sexual orientation.

Rahman Q.

School of Psychology, University of East London, The Green, London E15 4LZ, UK. q.rahman@uel.ac.uk

One of the most enduring and controversial questions in the neuroscience of sexual behaviour surrounds the mechanisms which produce sexual attraction to either males or females. Here, evidence is reviewed which supports the proposal that sexual orientation in humans may be laid down in neural circuitry during early foetal development. Behaviour genetic investigations provide strong evidence for a heritable component to male and female sexual orientation. Linkage studies are partly suggestive of X-linked loci although candidate gene studies have produced null findings. Further evidence demonstrates a role for prenatal sex hormones which may influence the development of a putative network of sexual-orientation-related neural substrates. However, hormonal effects are often inconsistent and investigations rely heavily on 'proxy markers'. A consistent fraternal birth order effect in male sexual orientation also provides support for a model of maternal immunization processes affecting prenatal sexual differentiation. The notion that non-heterosexual preferences may reflect generalized neurodevelopmental perturbations is not supported by available data. These current theories have left little room for learning models of sexual orientation. Future investigations, across the neurosciences, should focus to elucidate the fundamental neural architecture underlying the target-specific direction of human sexual orientation, and their antecedents in developmental neurobiology.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T0J-4G1GFCY-1&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F2005&_alid=412369266&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_qd=1&_cdi=4864&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=3f007185ec922765d3c76ee1a1a97d97
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    its based on genes, and it involves the x and y chromosome.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    Deni wrote:
    If we lived in a world where more than 7-10% of the population was gay and the only way to make babies was by having male/female sexual intercourse then I would say you were right... But we don't live in that world. There are 7 billion people on the planet and if even 10% of them are gay that leaves 6 billion people fully prepared to propagate the species. We are not going to go extinct anytime soon. So don't worry about that. As for the other... I have friends who are lesbian and though the magic of in vitro they have triplets. So -- so much for that. lol

Peace and Love,

Sure we can go on supporting it forever, but we are changing the laws of nature. We are breeding an undesirable trait (according to evolution) into society. Tossing mother nature aside always has grave consequences. Will it in this case? who knows. I am just stating that it is not natural and that canot be disputed without letting your emotions oppose the evolutionary process or the natural progression of nature.
  • Options
    wow.

p.s.

ill see you in hell.

Oh please...spaz... get a grip on yourself. I am stating the facts of evolution. Thanks for your wonderfully candid, and apparently useless "opinions" they are very telling of your character.

State some facts to the opposite...otherwise you're just drooling on the floor...sigh...what a brainless response
  • Options
    Sure we can go on supporting it forever, but we are changing the laws of nature. We are breeding an undesirable trait (according to evolution) into society. Tossing mother nature aside always has grave consequences. Will it in this case? who knows. I am just stating that it is not natural and that canot be disputed without letting your emotions oppose the evolutionary process or the natural progression of nature.

but just the fact that it exists.....says that its part of the nautral process of evolution.....its undesirable trait if you think about it immediately.....like for a generation.....but not in the grander scheme of things......if we don't include it in everyone's gene pool....then we would be in fact doing a great diservice to mother nature. ;)
  • Options
    CenterCity wrote:
    if we don't include it in everyone's gene pool....then we would be in fact doing a great diservice to mother nature. ;)

Simple fact is that evolution is survival of the fittest, a colonony of gays would not survive, so hence they are undesirable traits. If mother nature intened us to have an option of which sex to mate with then she would have given both sexes the chance to produce offspring.
  • Options

Nobody is breeding an undesirable trait. We don't purposefully breed for homosexuality. That's ridicules. And as to "not natural" well... umm *thinking thinking* ... I’m going to equate "not natural" with unnatural... meaning outside of nature. I lived on a farm and I saw many examples of homosexuality in nature. It is witnessed in nature, so therefore it is a part of nature, so it is natural. Now if you had said its not normal then I wouldn’t have been able to argue that as it is certainly “outside of the norm.” If it is natural, which clearly I have just demonstrated that it is, than it is part of the human condition. If it is part of the human condition, than we have evolved to what we are now to have this trait as a part of our species. So your evolution argument is nil as well.

Peace and Love
    Deni
  • Options
    Simple fact is that evolution is survival of the fittest, a colonony of gays would not survive, so hence they are undesirable traits. If mother nature intened us to have an option of which sex to mate with then she would have given both sexes the chance to produce offspring.

This is true, but evolution knows ahead of time that a colonony of gays would not naturally happen. And that generally gays only represent 10% of any society. Therefore the population will never be so devoid of heterosexual members to ever render homosexuality a threat to the survival of the species.

Peace and Love
    Deni
  • Options
    Deni wrote:
    Nobody is breeding an undesirable trait. We don't purposefully breed for homosexuality. That's ridicules. And as to "not natural" well... umm *thinking thinking* ... I’m going to equate "not natural" with unnatural... meaning outside of nature. I lived on a farm and I saw many examples of homosexuality in nature. It is witnessed in nature, so therefore it is a part of nature, so it is natural. Now if you had said its not normal then I wouldn’t have been able to argue that as it is certainly “outside of the norm.” If it is natural, which clearly I have just demonstrated that it is, than it is part of the human condition. If it is part of the human condition, than we have evolved to what we are now to have this trait as a part of our species. So your evolution argument is nil as well.

What makes a gay man gay? Gays are an evolutionary dead end. They cannot reproduce. Period. Nature would select them out. If you don't inderstand that I can't debate it with you as you're missing some key knowledge.

When a gay man mates with a hetero woman he in introducing this flaw into the gene pool...that's obvious. I'm not making this stuff up. That is nature that is evolution. Unless you wnat to start debating the laws of nature and evolution.

People who oppose this are using emotion over logic. Evolution is cruel but it has brought us thus far. Study the Thomsons gazelle. Ever wonder why the all look the same? Why most animals all look exactly the same? Because nature has made them perfect. Now look at all the screwed up genetic flaws size shapes, and mental diseases in people. Coincidence? Nope... human emotion has introduced much of these mutations by keeping alive things that would die in nature and they reproduce into the gene pool. Don't take my word for it learn something...read about it... ps the human condition is a useless argument in this case.
  • Options
    i his point.....you're right.....but i refuse to see it as a flaw or something i personally would "eek" at if it was in my genetic makeup.....and i hope whether if my kids or grandkids were gay, that they would raise families and children.
  • Options
    i SEE his point. gosh....typing.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Meatwagon wrote:

Does that mean you think a straight couple should adopt once there is a sign of difficulty in conceiving a baby?
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    i am not opposed to gays and lesbians getting married and enjoying the rights that married folk have.

but do you think gays/lesbians should raise kids???

i think it would be hard on the child.

put yourself in the child's shoes - who amongst us would like to have 2 homosexual dads or 2 homosexual moms ??

your opinions on homosexuals raising kids??

My aunt is a gay school teacher whose partner is a nurse. They have adopted 4 kids who had drug-addicts for moms. Some of them were born premature or with many complications because of this and are now very healthy and happy. In my opinion, two gay mommies are better than two "normal" druggie parents.
  • Options
    What makes a gay man gay? Gays are an evolutionary dead end. They cannot reproduce. Period. Nature would select them out. If you don't inderstand that I can't debate it with you as you're missing some key knowledge.

Seriously. I think you are missing some key knowledge. Homosexuality has ALWAYS existed. It ALWAYS will. Nature hasn't gotten rid of it. So maybe there is a reason why it is part of the human condition, and we just don't know what that reason is yet.

Ligers are an evolutionary dead end too according to you, but they're still cool as hell.
    When a gay man mates with a hetero woman he in introducing this flaw into the gene pool...that's obvious. I'm not making this stuff up. That is nature that is evolution. Unless you wnat to start debating the laws of nature and evolution.

Wasn't it you that said that something happened to the brain of the fetus during gestation and that is what causes homosexuality? Well, that implies that being gay is a birth defect not a genetic abnormality. If it is not genetic then it can not be passed on. Guess how many children of gay people grow up to be gay-- around 10%, same as the population at large. If it were true that gay people passed gayness to their children the number of gay people born to gay parents would dramatically increase. Even if it is genetic what I have a problem with is your statement that being gay is unnatural and would halt evolution. How do you know that evolution isn't currently brewing up an answer to homosexuality right now? How do you know that we wont become a species that is say hermaphroditic like toads or where the man carries the baby like seahorses in a million or a billion years? You just don't know. Obviously you have no real understanding of how evolution works.
    People who oppose this are using emotion over logic.

Well, I'm not doing that.
    Evolution is cruel but it has brought us thus far. Study the Thomsons gazelle. Ever wonder why the all look the same? Why most animals all look exactly the same? Because nature has made them perfect.

Is that why panda bears are going extinct, because they are evolutionary perfect? Geez, I thought it was because they have a genetic flaw that makes it really hard for them to breed. Besides, who's to say that humans are perfect? Part of my point here is that we may still be in the process. There's really no way to tell.
    Now look at all the screwed up genetic flaws size shapes, and mental diseases in people. Coincidence?

So you are saying that there are no genetic flaws or mutations that occur in nature? No animals are ever born deformed or different? Holy hell, that's AMAZING! Well that one eyed kitten must have been a con that somebody pulled. This is exactly why evolution works. A so called "mutation" pops up and it gets bread into the population and changes the species.
    Nope... human emotion has introduced much of these mutations by keeping alive things that would die in nature and they reproduce into the gene pool. Don't take my word for it learn something...read about it...

I think you could do with some reading yourself. May I suggest The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.

With that I would like to end here by saying... Ligers are cool.

Peace and Love,

Peace and Love
    Deni
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Does that mean you think a straight couple should adopt once there is a sign of difficulty in conceiving a baby?

That's the exact same argument with homosexuality. It you cannot reproduce nature says you shouldn't. When women take loads of fertility drugs just to concieve, that is unnatural, and her children then carry this undesirable trait forward. Adoption is an entirely different story. I can adopt a tree or highway if I want to, same as a child. Nothing wrong with that at all. Lots of children need a loving home gay or not.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Dear lord I am very surprised by this thread. The stupidity of it, bothers me. My brother is gay, and as of right now, I know he doesn't have plans of wanting children. But if tomorrow he said he wants kids I would support him 100%. He would be a very very good parent and would only do such with a partner who would also be a good parent.

Man....just wow, and to think....I would call myself a 'Republican' hehehehehehe
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Being gay is a disease where the brain mutates during fetus fevelopment. Some just wanna be gay by choice though it seems. I doubt the kid would care at all until it was old enough to start asking questions and realizing why he's different.

Bottom line is that one of the parents is merely a participant not paternal.

Homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end. An extinction.

you got the ignorant. it spreads very quickly.
  • Options
    Deni wrote:
    Seriously. I think you are missing some key knowledge. Homosexuality has ALWAYS existed. It ALWAYS will. Nature hasn't gotten rid of it. So maybe there is a reason why it is part of the human condition, and we just don't know what that reason is yet.

Ligers are an evolutionary dead end too according to you, but they're still cool as hell.

Wasn't it you that said that something happened to the brain of the fetus during gestation and that is what causes homosexuality? Well, that implies that being gay is a birth defect not a genetic abnormality. If it is not genetic then it can not be passed on. Guess how many children of gay people grow up to be gay-- around 10%, same as the population at large. If it were true that gay people passed gayness to their children the number of gay people born to gay parents would dramatically increase. Even if it is genetic what I have a problem with is your statement that being gay is unnatural and would halt evolution. How do you know that evolution isn't currently brewing up an answer to homosexuality right now? How do you know that we wont become a species that is say hermaphroditic like toads or where the man carries the baby like seahorses in a million or a billion years? You just don't know. Obviously you have no real understanding of how evolution works.

Well, I'm not doing that.

Is that why panda bears are going extinct, because they are evolutionary perfect? Geez, I thought it was because they have a genetic flaw that makes it really hard for them to breed. Besides, who's to say that humans are perfect? Part of my point here is that we may still be in the process. There's really no way to tell.

So you are saying that there are no genetic flaws or mutations that occur in nature? No animals are ever born deformed or different? Holy hell, that's AMAZING! Well that one eyed kitten must have been a con that somebody pulled. This is exactly why evolution works. A so called "mutation" pops up and it gets bread into the population and changes the species.

I think you could do with some reading yourself. May I suggest The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.

With that I would like to end here by saying... Ligers are cool.

Peace and Love,

keep talking in circles I guess....I gain nothing by convincing you of the plain facts that exist.

Perhaps you should restate your argument instead of picking apart my posts with conjecture and opinion. Why are frogs dying in mass numbers then...hmm environment? anyone? Again interference by man. reading oots by Darwin means nothing if you don't even understand it :rolleyes: maybe read it over again, or keep going until you do.

If you say man has the right to play god with life then go right ahead... have at it...
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    you got the ignorant. it spreads very quickly.

Thanks for the killfile suggestion :D