Your Opionion of Barack Obama

123457»

Comments

• VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    I'm not fighting, either...just on this board debating just like everyone else.

No deaf ears here...it's been highlighted the things you haven't ever given an answer to.

what, the nuclear options on table, the credit card cap, and the citigroup dude? i don't care. if you really want an answer mine is: i don't care right now. i am more concerned about other things.

the rest of that stuff, the war, lieberman, etc. that's what i was referring to as things i have responded on in the other thread.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    what, the nuclear options on table, the credit card cap, and the citigroup dude? i don't care. if you really want an answer mine is: i don't care right now. i am more concerned about other things.

the rest of that stuff, the war, lieberman, etc. that's what i was referring to as things i have responded on in the other thread.

When I asked you in this thread what you reject and thought was misleading about the article you quoted in my reply... um....I was referring to this thread.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    When I asked you in this thread what you reject and thought was misleading about the article you quoted in my reply... um....I was referring to this thread.

yes, and those claims were in the zmag article that i talked about in the old thread. i explained why i rejected them there. and didn't want to do it again, here.
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    yes, and those claims were in the zmag article that i talked about in the old thread. i explained why i rejected them there. and didn't want to do it again, here.

The article in this thread had a lot more in it than just the same stuff we've already touched upon. That's why I asked you what you rejected.

edit: and to be honest, you gave the same type half answers in the other thread.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    The article in this thread had a lot more in it than just the same stuff we've already touched upon. That's why I asked you what you rejected.

well then i am completely lost. other than no PAC contributions/yet some contributions from individuals who work at corporations, the war, the lieberman thing, nuclear power being on the table--- i have absolutely no idea at this point what was in that zmag article that you wanted to know about. and i can't say i care at this exhausted point.

edit: and to be honest, you gave the same type half answers in the other thread.

i'm incredibly sorry. perhaps if i had more time or desire i could copy and paste or type more.
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    well then i am completely lost. other than no PAC contributions/yet some contributions from individuals who work at corporations, the war, the lieberman thing, nuclear power being on the table--- i have absolutely no idea at this point what was in that zmag article that you wanted to know about. and i can't say i care at this exhausted point.

The other thread was in Feb. I checked.

This article mentions:

Barack Obama believes nuclear power is “green” and told the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, of which Barack is a member, that Congress should allow “nuclear power to remain on the table for consideration”. Employees of Exelon, which is the nation’s largest nuclear power plant operator, have donated over $159,000 to Obama’s presidential campaign as of March 31, 2007. That amount has likely increased since the first public tallying of campaign contributions two months ago.

The old article did, in fact, mention the credit card cap vote but didn't mention the lobbying or:

Fact: Obama, in one of his earliest Senate votes, departed with his own party and voted for class action “reform” legislation. The bill, as Ken Silverstein wrote for Harper’s, was “lobbied for aggressively by financial firms, which constitute Obama’s second biggest single bloc of donors.” An amendment to the legislation, which the senator opposed, would have capped credit card interest rates at 30%. Obama, unfortunately, didn’t see a need for any cap on such predatory lending.

this article was focusing more on his campaign contributions which we were discussing when I posted it.

-Oscar Wilde
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    i'm incredibly sorry. perhaps if i had more time or desire i could copy and paste or type more.

No need to be sorry. I just felt like you were saying you answered stuff that I don't recall you ever answering.

-Oscar Wilde
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    VictoryGin wrote:

i think a few youtube links would be helpful.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• i think a few youtube links would be helpful.

Actually yes, that would be helpful. Great idea, d2d! Maybe Obama himself has a interview or perhaps a speech addressing this subject out there. :D

And ah yes, youtube....where you get to actually see the candidates speak instead of just reading it...isn't technology grand?!! With it's growing popularity, all candidates should embrace this medium to get their message out to an even broader base.

-Oscar Wilde
    i think a few youtube links would be helpful.

well here's one to start. i think it sums everything up quite nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kku7zb4unog

you always want to hear the same old song :)
  • Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    And ah yes, youtube....where you get to actually see the candidates speak instead of just reading it...

and why rely on the dino media to take things out of context and distort when you have youtube! not saying youtube is not worthwhile, but anyone posting has a motive...it is what it is.

as far as reading vs. viewing...it's easier for me to skim through b.s. than it is to sit through the whole thing. not sure if i have a.d.d....but man do i lose interest FAST when some of these people speak.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • and why rely on the dino media to take things out of context and distort when you have youtube! not saying youtube is not worthwhile, but anyone posting has a motive...it is what it is.

as far as reading vs. viewing...it's easier for me to skim through b.s. than it is to sit through the whole thing. not sure if i have a.d.d....but man do i lose interest FAST when some of these people speak.

Of course. Quotes and reading material can and have also been taken out of context, as well.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Of course. Quotes and reading material can and have also been taken out of context, as well.

true...but speaking as a tremendously lazy person, it's easier to skim across words until i see something interesting rather than move the play button bar thingy (is there an actual word for that thing?)...just my preference...but again, i am admittedly, horribly lazy :)
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • I would like some debates on radio. It would bring a different dynamic.
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    well here's one to start. i think it sums everything up quite nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kku7zb4unog

you always want to hear the same old song :)

Yeah, couldn't quite make it through all of that. :) But I thought you might like this one.

http://www.danah.org/Ani/Reprieve/ASpade.html

http://www.danah.org/Ani/LittlePlasticCastle/Pixie.html

I only have the lyrics...no youtube fun.

-Oscar Wilde