Options

If these fucking terrorists trying to blow up planes in the UK mean i can't fly to Du

124»

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    islamic fascists. that's what george called them.
    i have no doubt this threat was real. what pisses me off is the fact that while security measures are put into place, nothing is done to address the root causes and the western nations' foreign policies that contributed to the current situation are not changed or even thought to be the in anyway responsible. so excuse me if my ire is directed at all the terrorists, both stateless and state sanctioned.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    sweets i just read that the terrorist or who ever they are have maybe ot sure a plan B..what kind of i´ve no idear...
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Just as I believe in terrorists... I also believe in governments using terrorism to support their own agendas - I don't think that is just my opinion either.

Ah, it's all bullshit.

But like someone said, a 'terrorist' doesnt just suddenly think 'i'll go blow some people up today'. there are reasons behind everything, real, exaggerated or imagined... there are reasons!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Chumfatty wrote:
    You sir are no better than the American goverment you are desperatley trying to slander, You are using this situation to drive home your own agenda of conspiracy theories created by an overactive imagination and watching too many episodes of 24 and the X-Files. You have successfully turned this thread around from a issue on terroism and national security to your own overblown gripes on your present goverment.

I have no doubt that some of you cynicism is well aimed and that the War in Iraq is not just to benefit the Iraqi people and peace and love in this world, but also to also maintain oil supplies thus money etc etc. But it doesn't directly apply to the issue of whether or not these threats are real.

Do you honestly believe that a Goverment, whose people feel the current terroist threat that hangs over them is directly attributed to the war in iraq, would make up such an event to further compound this notion?? Not to mention the amount of compensation the UK government may have to pay to all those holidaymakers whose summer holidays will be cancelled and the economic effects of future airtravel, tourism etc. which will affect everyone!!

You really are a poor misguided fool, go back to you lead-lined bunker, stock up on Baked Beans and do not remove your tin-foil hat until you have had a good hard think about what your life has become.

Huh? Thats the second time youve quoted me when i didnt actually say it. Whats the story, morning glory?
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Yes the whole goverment have made the whole thing up because thay have nothing better to than disrupt peoples lives, cause unrest between faiths and scare the shit out of the gulible, all to perpetuate the 'War on Terror'

You sir are an idiot. Have you not learn't anything over the past few years, there is every chance that the UK and USA are going to be on the recieving end of terrorist attacks. 9/11 and 7/7 were not just token gestures of these fundamentalist ideas.

Conpiracy theorists have there place, we cannot just lie down and accept the information given to us all the time, but there is a real threat out there, its a huge reality.

Again, I didnt say what you quoted on this post.

I feel a stalker stroke secret admirer situation brewing...

As for this lamentable quote...
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Do you honestly believe that a Goverment, whose people feel the current terroist threat that hangs over them is directly attributed to the war in iraq, would make up such an event to further compound this notion?? Not to mention the amount of compensation the UK government may have to pay to all those holidaymakers whose summer holidays will be cancelled and the economic effects of future airtravel, tourism etc. which will affect everyone!!

Wow, you really don't get it do you? The Goverment is under attack for an illegal war. Casualties mounting, pressure increasing upon those responsible for the lies. SO, they need reasons to prolong this war. What better than the old adage, recently trotted out by your friend GW, or was it Blair, or was ut Cheney, ahh fuck it, they all sound the same... "we fight them over there or we fight them here."

Sounds like a valid reason to inflate this implied threat of attack. Again, Do you think travel aganecies run this world, or the Oil companies, the Banks, and the Military-Industrail Complex incorporating Bechtel, Halliburton, Carlyle Group, Bildeburg?

Or Lunn fucking Poly?

And get it straight, fatty, I am attacking the UK Government, not just the US...
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    I'm not necessarily attacking you viewpoint on the whole war issue, in fact I agree that we shouldn't have gone to war at all in the first place.

I just do not believe that this current threat is just a fictional event, the sole purpose of which is to deflect attention from other mistakes this goverment has made. As you put it in your first post....
    This is all bollocks to further justify the 'long war on terror'.

Thats the reason I have been berating your opinions, I think the threat was real and you don't. Simple as that.

The situation has been 'inflated' by the media over here and in the US, if you strip away all the hyperbole and listen to what the Politicians said, which was basically we have just adverted a major disaster. Quotes from the top Police Officers saying "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" whilst seemingly far fetched and fanciful, if these plot had gone through, thats exactly what it would have been, hundreds even thousands of people murdered in the skies, I find that unimaginable.

Perhaps you are right this will help justify the 'long war on terror' but that isn't its intention.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    Chumfatty wrote:
    I'm not necessarily attacking you viewpoint on the whole war issue, in fact I agree that we shouldn't have gone to war at all in the first place.

I just do not believe that this current threat is just a fictional event, the sole purpose of which is to deflect attention from other mistakes this goverment has made. As you put it in your first post....

Thats the reason I have been berating your opinions, I think the threat was real and you don't. Simple as that.

The situation has been 'inflated' by the media over here and in the US, if you strip away all the hyperbole and listen to what the Politicians said, which was basically we have just adverted a major disaster. Quotes from the top Police Officers saying "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" whilst seemingly far fetched and fanciful, if these plot had gone through, thats exactly what it would have been, hundreds even thousands of people murdered in the skies, I find that unimaginable.

Perhaps you are right this will help justify the 'long war on terror' but that isn't its intention.

Fair comment chief. Ill meet you half way, when theer are convictions, when a court of law serves justice. Not the head of Scotland Yard, or the media.

People forget that the Police can be as crooekd and fucked up as anybody else. Guildford 4, Birmingham 6, anybody?

Second, did you figure out why you were quoting me and yet it was somebody else's words?
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Just as I believe in terrorists... I also believe in governments using terrorism to support their own agendas - I don't think that is just my opinion either.

Ah, it's all bullshit.

But like someone said, a 'terrorist' doesnt just suddenly think 'i'll go blow some people up today'. there are reasons behind everything, real, exaggerated or imagined... there are reasons!

some do but in this case i couldn´t belive it´s just agenda...

it´s not bullshit ...
    yes there is a reason specially for this one fear fear and kill everybody who is not like them in their eyes...
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Fair comment chief. Ill meet you half way, when theer are convictions, when a court of law serves justice. Not the head of Scotland Yard, or the media.

If there are no convictions, it doesn't entirely mean, these people are completely innocent, you and I know the British Justice system isn't watertight. Personally I think we will see convictions.
    People forget that the Police can be as crooekd and fucked up as anybody else. Guildford 4, Birmingham 6, anybody?

The Police have come along way since then, I work in the police and that sort of 'corruption' and beating statements out of people is long gone, you can't fart near a prisoner without having to account for it on a little form. The service is so full of Bureaucracy, I doubt anyone has time or energy to be corrupt ;)
    Second, did you figure out why you were quoting me and yet it was somebody else's words?

It was me condensing what you said into a single line that reflected my opinion of it. Not very big or clever and I apologise.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!