Options

If these fucking terrorists trying to blow up planes in the UK mean i can't fly to Du

Comments

• Options
    I due to fly to Algeria on saturday, all this news is making me nervous
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

This is my last day on the boards before you head off so just wanted to say hope all the travel goes smoothly (I'm off the boards to go to a wedding and one of the first things I thought of when I heard the news was them heading off on their honeymoon :o) and hope you manage to have a good time on your trip :) if not I hope the time flies ;) will see you at Reading :D:p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169

hey, as it seems it only affect flights from/to us /great britain
    but everywhere now is the security on high level now ...so i would go very very early to the airport ...but i don´t know wich airport are you flying from ...so if it´s heathrow i would call the airline.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

But no, that would not be good for profit, would it, sir?

That would not be good for the Anglo-American Empire, would it?

i know you keep mentioning about profits and finance, etc... you do realise that this latest threat will cost the UK many many millions of pounds!! stocks have already fallen in Airline companies... lost business due to cancelled flights... lost avation taxes and duty... not to mention the many millions if not billions now going to be lost to incoming tourism

and yet you think this latest threat is a ruse to fill us with fear... its obviously genuine or what does it actually achieve??? a fear of flying?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    This is my last day on the boards before you head off so just wanted to say hope all the travel goes smoothly (I'm off the boards to go to a wedding and first thing I thought of when I heard the news was them heading off on their honeymoon :o) and hope you manage to have a good time on your trip :) if not I hope the time flies ;)

Awww thanks alot, im really not looking forward to going, so I hope the time flies, REAL QUICK. I really do. Reading tickets are in stock and ready for despatch, shame il probably miss it by a day, damn!!!

• Options
    oh the irony in this is almost too much!!

in such case i don´t need any irony .....
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780

...And maybe, just fucking maybe, Bud, you and the people you work with could just, for once, go and talk to the people you feel are threatening us so, and see WHY they are doing it, and WHAT can be done to stop them doing it.

But no, that would not be good for profit, would it, sir?

That would not be good for the Anglo-American Empire, would it?

yeah lets talk to terrorists to see what they want
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    This is all bollocks to further justify the 'long war on terror'.

Is anybody seriously believing this shit about the planes?

Does anybody take these security 'reports' and 'threat levels' seriously?

Does anybody seriously think our security services are that fucking competent?

Does anybody hold respect for the words uttered by the same people who brought us "WMDs in Iraq", "Jean De Menezes." or "Mohammed Abdul Kahar"?

It's the boy who cried wolf, over and over again...

And its deflecting the masses from the destruction in Lebanon, and in Iraq.

It stinks lads, it really fucking stinks.

I for one believe these threats are real.

I dont think some people will believe a terrorist threat is real until there are planes falling out of the sky, and even then they will probably cry conspiracy.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    i know you keep mentioning about profits and finance, etc... you do realise that this latest threat will cost the UK many many millions of pounds!! stocks have already fallen in Airline companies... lost business due to cancelled flights... lost avation taxes and duty... not to mention the many millions if not billions now going to be lost to incoming tourism

and yet you think this latest threat is a ruse to fill us with fear... its obviously genuine or what does it actually achieve??? a fear of flying?

Stocks in airlines have fallen? Wow, that's gonna hurt us poor working class folk!

Stocks in airlines, profits from tourism, are pittance compared to stocks in and profits from Exxon, Shell, BP, Bechtel, Halliburton, Carlyle, McDonnell Douglas, and on and on and on.

All of which go through the roof when the US and Uk governments engage in wars and conflict under the name of a 'war on terror.'

Wars which are based on the governments desire to fight this 'war on terror', a desire given to them by the Corporations named above, whose arms reach right into the heart of our governments.

And it is 'incidents' like the one today which 'give' these governments the, in their eyes, legitimate right to start war and kill people in other countries.

See how all this is adding up yet?
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:

Why not? It worked in Northern Ireland, didn't it?

Whats worse, a government that kills for profit, or a terrorist who kills for freedom?

Mandela, George Washington, Jomo Kenyatta, all branded terrorists in their time, all committed 'terror' acts to alert their oppressors to the pain they were enduring.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:

if this wouldn´t be so i would just lough
    but hey we all know that we can´t talk with them bec. they don´t want to
    they just want to distreu west ideals etc.
    and by the way nobody knows what´s goin on now ...what is the reason for this wich groub this was etc.
    (sorry if there are any english mistakes)
    so the secret services are searching so ...

and silverstein this is not about profit ..........
  • Options
    from the CNN.com article:
    "Due to the nature of the threat revealed by this investigation, we are prohibiting any liquids, including beverages, hair gels, and lotions from being carried on the airplane," the DHS statement said.

c'mon... what a joke.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    from the CNN.com article:
    "Due to the nature of the threat revealed by this investigation, we are prohibiting any liquids, including beverages, hair gels, and lotions from being carried on the airplane," the DHS statement said.

c'mon... what a joke.

Whys that such a joke when they suspect that liquid bombs will be used?

• Options
    stu gee wrote:
    I for one believe these threats are real.

I dont think some people will believe a terrorist threat is real until there are planes falling out of the sky, and even then they will probably cry conspiracy.

SO do you feel your life is threatened? Is it that precious a thing?

If so, stay home, don't get in a car, don't cross the street. The odds of being killed in a terrorist attack, for the average western human being, is incalculable because, given the percentages, 51 dead out of a population of 60 million, is not anything compared to deaths on the road. Even factoring in genuine accidents, leaving only those who drove drunk or dangerous, is stil more deaths than there has ever been committed by these Islamic terrorists.
  • Options

Whats worse, a government that kills for profit, or a terrorist who kills for freedom?

why not bec. this is since 2001 a new art of terror that we western world never knew ...and it´s not bec. of religion or they want something ...all this terrorist now wants to destreu the whole western world etc.
    and it has nothing to do with religion or something like that ...
  • Options
    and silverstein this is not about profit ..........

Its sliverstain...

Anyhoo, what is Iraq and Afghanaistan about?

Morals?
  • Options

why not bec. this is since 2001 a new art of terror that we western world never knew ...and it´s not bec. of religion or they want something ...all this terrorist now wants to destreu the whole western world etc.
    and it has nothing to do with religion or something like that ...

Bad English and translation I can forgive. Uneducated views I cannot.

Simply, do terrorsist get up in th emorning and say, yes, for no reason, I wil go and blow up this or that?
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945

Mandela, George Washington, Jomo Kenyatta, all branded terrorists in their time, all committed 'terror' acts to alert their oppressors to the pain they were enduring.

LOL, get an education buddy. Can you not see the difference between George Washington and Osama Bin Laden?!?!? What a joke!
  • Options
    SO do you feel your life is threatened? Is it that precious a thing?

If so, stay home, don't get in a car, don't cross the street. The odds of being killed in a terrorist attack, for the average western human being, is incalculable because, given the percentages, 51 dead out of a population of 60 million, is not anything compared to deaths on the road. Even factoring in genuine accidents, leaving only those who drove drunk or dangerous, is stil more deaths than there has ever been committed by these Islamic terrorists.

if we act so than this terrorist have won there stupid thing ...so we shouldn´t give them the feeling that they have won...peace
    and please do me a favor call them terrorists bec. this stuff doesn´t have to do with religion or beliving...
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    LOL, get an education buddy. Can you not see the difference between George Washington and Osama Bin Laden?!?!? What a joke!

No, both felt oppressed by a certain, specific, oppressor, and set about using violent ways to do something about it.

Sounds straight forward to me, hombre.

By the way, has that tape of Bin Laden admitting to 911 ever been found yet?

I can't find it...
  • Options
    Its sliverstain...

Anyhoo, what is Iraq and Afghanaistan about?

Morals?

sorry but this here now as nothing to do with iraq or afghanistan
    and by the way my people aren´t in the iraq ...we are just in Afghanaistan and it´s good that we are there bec. i think if we won´t be there some may just do ...but ok it´s another case...
  • Options
    if we act so than this terrorist have won there stupid thing ...so we shouldn´t give them the feeling that they have won...peace
    and please do me a favor call them terrorists bec. this stuff doesn´t have to do with religion or beliving...

You're right, it has to do with imperialism and profit.

Islam, the way of life of Islam, is merely in the way of those profits.
  • Options

No it didnt mate, the british government first started talks with the IRA in the 1970s. Having encouraged them a bit the IRA then went on a 30 year campaign of grubby terrorism which finally ended only once they (very) slowly realised they'd reached stalemate and werent getting anywhere.

You dont encourage fanatics no matter where they are. You stand up to them.

As for comparing the Brits, and the American governments to that good old Nazi administration well, clearly you don't have a clue
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    sorry but this here now as nothing to do with iraq or afghanistan
    and by the way my people aren´t in the iraq ...we are just in Afghanaistan and it´s good that we are there bec. i think if we won´t be there some may just do ...but ok it´s another case...

So, German troops, and US troops, and Uk troops, are occupying an Islamic country, and Islamic people are not allowed to strike back?

If you were occupied, shot at, herded, exploited, driven into poverty by a nation based thousands of miles away, what would you do?

I'd fight back. I'd send as bloody a message as possible to those oppressing me.
  • Options
    Bad English and translation I can forgive. Uneducated views I cannot.

Simply, do terrorsist get up in th emorning and say, yes, for no reason, I wil go and blow up this or that?

i am educated!!!off course yes ! Terrorist never think about peoples live or ideals
    they just want to make Terror like for example the RAF here ....but you can´t put the terror from now in the same line of terror from the IRA or the RAF bec. thoose terror organisations have fight for something and this was in their eyes
    the only way in their times .but later on they where able to talk ...but this now is diffrent bec. this terrorists just want to distreu ...they don´t want to talk or get somthing ...they just wanna kill
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    No it didnt mate, the british government first started talks with the IRA in the 1970s. Having encouraged them a bit the IRA then went on a 30 year campaign of grubby terrorism which finally ended only once they (very) slowly realised they'd reached stalemate and werent getting anywhere.

You dont encourage fanatics no matter where they are. You stand up to them.

As for comparing the Brits, and the American governments to that good old Nazi administration well, clearly you don't have a clue

Why not, son? The Nazis dehumanised a race (slavs) in order to sell the idea to their public that invading and taking their lands (read; resources) was a natural, honest, moral thing to do.

The US/Uk are dehumanising the Muslim world and painting them as extremists, fanatics, etc etc, in order to justify the invasion of Afghanistan / Iraq, and soon to be Iran and Syria, through using the dehumanising tool of linking Hezbollah to Syria, so the peoples of our countries will believe it right and proper to invade and oppress, all over again.

Nazis invaded countries and oppressed their peoples. US/Uk invade countries and oppress their peoples.

Ok, granted things are not yet as obviously totalitarian as they were in 1941 Reich, but we're getting there. We're probably at about 1935 right now.
  • Options
    i am educated!!!off course yes ! Terrorist never think about peoples live or ideals
    they just want to make Terror like for example the RAF here ....but you can´t put the terror from now in the same line of terror from the IRA or the RAF bec. thoose terror organisations have fight for something and this was in their eyes
    the only way in their times .but later on they where able to talk ...but this now is diffrent bec. this terrorists just want to distreu ...they don´t want to talk or get somthing ...they just wanna kill

They want to end the Western diven oppression of Islamists al over the world.

Next?
  • Options

here, this is entertaining

the IRA & RAF equated on the same line of terrorism

nice

excuse me while i go and do something else like not converse with a bunch of morons
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    excuse me while i go and do something else like not converse with a bunch of morons

Why? You been on those Liverpool FC boards again?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Stocks in airlines have fallen? Wow, that's gonna hurt us poor working class folk!

Stocks in airlines, profits from tourism, are pittance compared to stocks in and profits from Exxon, Shell, BP, Bechtel, Halliburton, Carlyle, McDonnell Douglas, and on and on and on.

See how all this is adding up yet?

never said it was or wasnt gonna hurt us working class folks... i just said that the "false" alerts you propose are happening are causing the profits and monetary stability of companies and our tourism income to be hurt... my point is:- in what way would our government raising a false alarm such as this be profitable financially...?? which is what you were implying earlier

tourism profits in 2002 for England only were £75billion... thats quite a sum

I can see how you are adding it up... it just doesnt fit with my viewpoint.. i dont do conspiracy theories... certainly ones in which a govt blows up its own citizens....
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.