Options

I never felt strongly either way about abortion..

Comments

• Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    ive never heard of anything like this. it sounds like pure bullshit to me honestly. VG?

er, i've never heard of that happening. the hormones aren't strong enough. hormonal birth control doesn't do anything for you if you're pregnant. if she's just saying there were symptoms, well, that can just be side effects of anything she's taking.

if she's pregnant now (sometimes there are false positives, unlikely though) the patch could have failed for many reasons (they're not 100 % anyway, also is she on other meds? was she using it correctly?). anyway, the patch doesn't abort. sure she could have miscarried in the past, but it probably wasn't from the patch if it happened at all.

*comprehensive sex education please*
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    That's what it sounds like. I'm really sorry about your situation. Please take care, and make sure your ex is being honest with you. Also, it sounds like she (and her sibling) really need to be distanced from their mother.
    Actually the cops are basically fucking them over. When she was committed they sent her to her grandparents' house down the road. Meaning, not much of a change and she jsut sat there until her mother got out.

The only family she's got that I would trust at all live in Virginia... Very wealthy, very very VERY nice people. They've agreed to take her in if she ever needed it but the cops didn't want to go through the hassle of sending her out of state (that's exactly what they said).

So many cops are fucking horrible people.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    VictoryGin wrote:
    er, i've never heard of that happening. the hormones aren't strong enough. hormonal birth control doesn't do anything for you if you're pregnant. if she's just saying there were symptoms, well, that can just be side effects of anything she's taking.

if she's pregnant now (sometimes there are false positives, unlikely though) the patch could have failed for many reasons (they're not 100 % anyway, also is she on other meds? was she using it correctly?). anyway, the patch doesn't abort. sure she could have miscarried in the past, but it probably wasn't from the patch if it happened at all.

*comprehensive sex education please*

yeah. it sounds pretty weird. i think this girl really needs to see a gynecologist, if for no other reason than to get some basic info on her body.
  • Options
    By the way, the patch she's on is Ortho Evra.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    yeah. it sounds pretty weird. i think this girl really needs to see a gynecologist, if for no other reason than to get some basic info on her body.

i second that. though i suggest she sees one at a clinic in case she does choose to abort. who knows how far she is.

also, if she missed one period on the patch, it doesn't mean she's pregnant. that happens sometimes. however the tests are a bit worrisome.
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    i second that. though i suggest she sees one at a clinic in case she does choose to abort. who knows how far she is.

also, if she missed one period on the patch, it doesn't mean she's pregnant. that happens sometimes. however the tests are a bit worrisome.
    We've calculated that she'd be approx. 3 weeks into it.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    By the way, the patch she's on is Ortho Evra.

yeah, you can read about it here:
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/birth-control-pregnancy/birth-control/the-patch.htm

seriously though, the physician waiver might be a whole lot easier than a judge. i'm just sayin.
  • Options

that's the last time you and she were together? i was going to say... if you broke up with her a few weeks ago... dyou know it's even yours?
  • Options

is she saying she's a week late?
  • Options
    that's the last time you and she were together? i was going to say... if you broke up with her a few weeks ago... dyou know it's even yours?
    Yes it would be mine.

We're not talking about periods being late we're talking about her getting sick and them coming up positive on pregnancy tests.

She's been on the patch for between 2-3 years, does that have any effects?

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Yes it would be mine.

We're not talking about periods being late we're talking about her getting sick and them coming up positive on pregnancy tests.

She's been on the patch for between 2-3 years, does that have any effects?

i was just asking that because she'd be saying she was a week late now, if she was three weeks, with the scheduled periods and all. she would have gotten her last period the week of 11.7. i was just concerned that she could be further actually. many people miscalculate for various reasons. it's easy to miscalculate. anyway, you/she just needs to get to a doctor.

effects on what?
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    i was just asking that because she'd be saying she was a week late now, if she was three weeks, with the scheduled periods and all. she would have gotten her last period the week of 11.7. i was just concerned that she could be further actually. many people miscalculate for various reasons. it's easy to miscalculate. anyway, you/she just needs to get to a doctor.

effects on what?
    effects on anything. I'm planning to go see the physician tomorrow or the next day.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    effects on anything. I'm planning to go see the physician tomorrow or the next day.

why are you going? she's the one who might be pregnant. she needs to go. jesus, it's her baby too, she needs to take some action about this.
  • Options

well she could be experiencing various side effects, and if they're this dramatic then she may want to see a doctor regardless if she's actually pregnant. i don't think it really affects the fetus/embryo/zygote early on though. some people get pregnant on birth control and it's fine because they stop when they figure it out--if they want to continue the pregnancy.

you're bringing her to the doctor too, right? ;)
  • Options
    why are you going? she's the one who might be pregnant. she needs to go. jesus, it's her baby too, she needs to take some action about this.
    By "I" I mean "we".

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Guys congragulations, we've evolved beyond arguing about this issue to promote the common good...

thank you for all the help and support,... any additional info (and I mean ANYTHING) is greatly appreciated.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    My ex posed this to me...

"birth control is really tricky i think i need to test soon, because what the bc does, is it tricks the body into thinking its pregnant..but does that release a pregnancy hormone? if it does than the tests may have been misleading...if it doesn't, damn, i really want to test now. "

Something to think about?

I've been researching so long my eyes are falling out.. i need sleep.

Peace and love..

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Oh wow. I don't really know what to recommend but to get some kind of counciling and some advice from a doctor. Good luck, I'm terribly sorry to see you going through this. :(
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    If it's potentially fatal for the mother, no pro-lifer would disagree with aborting the child to save the mother's life.

We should be careful about how we bandy about the ole' "to save the mother's life" phrase though.

"A mother who refused cancer treatment and died so her fourth child could be born was elevated to sainthood yesterday in a move seen by many as a strong statement from the Vatican against the legalisation of abortion."

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-17-2004-54234.asp

Was that an immoral act for that mother? Or, did she die so that her child might have life?

I wouldn't force any mother to die so her child could live. Nonetheless, I can find no good reason why her act is immoral.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    hormonal birth control stops ovulation by releasing progesterone and estrogen...progesterone being the hormone a woman's body releases while she's on her period. therefore an egg is not released and the lining of the uterus is too thick for any fertilized egg to attach and turn into a pregnancy. so no, bc doesn't trick the body it's pregnant...it tricks it into thinking it's always on it's period. there is NO hCG (the preg. hormone) released into the body from bc.

birth control can cause pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts, mood swings, nausea, weight gain and such..but those usually go away after 2-3 months on bc. stress can do that too...including making a period late. talk to any female in her late 20s or so, and she can attest to that.

i don't want to automatically assume she's lying...but...
    if i were you, i consider it gyno time before you start worrying about courts and abortions. especially with the heart condition. and i'd also not pay a dime for an abortion without proof. oddly enough, my brother broke up with a few chicks who omg! turned up pregnant after the break up. even more odd....not one has ever had a baby nor an abortion. once he asked for proof, they usually had miscarriages n needed him to comfort them.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    This will be an interesting test of parental consent laws. The mother knows that the heart condition will kill her daughter, yet still will not gve consent. That sounds like premeditated murder to me.

It would take too long for her daughter to file for emancipation, too.

Sorry, bro. Next time, wear a condom. If you wear a condom and she wears the patch, and you still manage to get preggers...there's a greater power at work.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm 50-50 that she's lying right now...

things just aren't making sense..

but i'm preparing for the worst like i said.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Until now.

Seventeen years old and my ex girlfriend (whom I broke up with a couple weeks ago) says she thinks she's pregnant. She's on the patch, which means something fucked up big time if it's true. Her mother is the kind of person who would kill the daughter if she found out (and I mean that literally), plus she's a rampid alcoholic which just doesn't help this at all.

My ex has a heart condition which her doctors said prevents her from giving birth because she physically could not handle it (she will die), but her mother still says she cannot have an abortion.

In North Carolina parental consent is required for an abortion unless a judge allows a bypass. If this turns out to be a pregnancy and for some ungodly reason a judge doesn't allow an abortion without parental consent both of our lives are ruined and there will be a newborn baby entering a family that cannot possibly support it or take care of it.

You tell me what "morality" is.

I'll get blasted for this big time, but MY morality is that if getting pregnant was such a big deal that it would ruin both of your lives, you shouldn't have been having sex.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options

I guess you need to go over there and take a test with her and see the results for yourself. Pregnancy tests don't show up false positives, only false negatives. When a woman is pregnant, she begins producing a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadtropin........ or HCG. The false negatives can happen when the HCG levels are too low for the test to detect,which is often the case in very early pregnancy. A positive result though, always means pregnancy, because this hormone is only produced when a woman is pregnant. So, while a test may show a negative result early on, then show a positive one as the days and weeks progress, the same is not true for a positive result becoming negative.
    Whatever the case, best of luck with it all.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Until now.

Seventeen years old and my ex girlfriend (whom I broke up with a couple weeks ago) says she thinks she's pregnant. She's on the patch, which means something fucked up big time if it's true. Her mother is the kind of person who would kill the daughter if she found out (and I mean that literally), plus she's a rampid alcoholic which just doesn't help this at all.

My ex has a heart condition which her doctors said prevents her from giving birth because she physically could not handle it (she will die), but her mother still says she cannot have an abortion.

In North Carolina parental consent is required for an abortion unless a judge allows a bypass. If this turns out to be a pregnancy and for some ungodly reason a judge doesn't allow an abortion without parental consent both of our lives are ruined and there will be a newborn baby entering a family that cannot possibly support it or take care of it.

Good luck with this PJ on toast. I really hope you get to a swift and satisfactory solution.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Until now.

If you can't support it and take care of it, just put it up for adoption.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

It's rough isn't it. Try not to stress too much. VG and Hippiemom are pretty knowledgeable on the whole thing I know so maybe they can help with thier extensive knowledge.

Chances are it's just late or maybe she lied to you. She needs to go be tested by a doctor. I can tell you that.

Here's to hoping it works out for you both.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    If you can't support it and take care of it, just put it up for adoption.

Did you miss the part where he said that his ex-g/f has a heart condition and doctors have told her not to give birth?:confused:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Jeanie wrote:
    Did you miss the part where he said that his ex-g/f has a heart condition and doctors have told her not to give birth?:confused:
    Well, he did say "you....just put it up for adoption." That's singular. He didn't say anything about the other person in the picture - the one giving birth. So perhaps he didn't miss that part after all.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    Well, he did say "you....just put it up for adoption." That's singular. He didn't say anything about the other person in the picture - the one giving birth. So perhaps he didn't miss that part after all.

I'm confused.:confused: How can PJ on toast put the baby up for adoption if the mother has been advised not to give birth? Are you saying that she should die in child birth just so the baby can be adopted and not aborted? And go easy I'm very tired not cranky or having a go just confused.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift