Options

Has anyone in PJ ever gotten emotional during a song/performace?

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    When Ed starts "Hard Sun", I'm gonna lose it... I'm gonna apologize now to the people sitting around me at the Vancouver shows..That song has had such special meaning to me for so many years...My crying will probably be louder than his singing...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I've cried at every show i've been at with the excepton of Lolla. I think i shed the most tears during the It's Ok tag at the Gorge.

this version of daughter always gives me the chills and makes me very emotional.
  • Options
    this version of daughter always gives me the chills and makes me very emotional.

I've actually gotten tears in my eyes while driving and listening to it. It hits me hard every time i hear it.
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    eddie at reading 2006. before playing soon forget & after alive
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I got tears in my eyes when I drove down LakeShoreDrive in the summer and just heard the band; not even saw them.

I know it sounds lame but something about the music and the words and the volume of the music being so loud and powerful get both my physical self and my emotional self going.

And when I saw them live the times I did, yeah, the music did the same with me as well.

But of course, the most crying would be when the show is over........right????
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    the tag ed did at the end of black for the pittsburgh mellon arena 06 i balled cause my fiance left me and then he also cried during it making it very emotional
    " i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    at the seattle night 2 show in 2000, i started crying as soon as the first note of release was played...and i cried until well after the show was over. the next day, i didnt even know what was played.

i saw 10 shows that tour and it was all so emotional...and i guess i just wasn't ready for it to be over.
  • Options
    I wept at the 1st PJ show i was at, not got a lil choked up or a bit teary full on weeping:)
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Hamilton '05...

just lost my grandma and they played 'Sad'...

never happened before or after.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Even though I've been lucky enough to see Release open a show three times, the SF-3 '06 show gets me every time when Ed lets the crowd sing the "I'll ride the wave where it takes me" part. I don't think it's ever made me cry, but I get some gnarly chills every time I hear it. Very cool reading about other peoples experiences.
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Brisbane 1, November 06, I cried. Had to sit down in my weenie little chair from right up the back, coz I was so darn emotional that I was FINALLY there...seeing the boys for the first time! Even though I had crappola seats, it was just as epic. The guy next to me switched seats with his girlfriend so he didnt have to sit next to me, I kept bumping into him dancing and screaming. Then when I saw them in Perth a few weeks after that, I shed some tears during Black. Ed kept looking up at the moon, then hanging his head. That was emotional. God, I love them.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    mensane wrote:
    at the seattle night 2 show in 2000, i started crying as soon as the first note of release was played...and i cried until well after the show was over. the next day, i didnt even know what was played.

i saw 10 shows that tour and it was all so emotional...and i guess i just wasn't ready for it to be over.
    off the track here a little, but I really want to see Seattle!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    PGHmattPGHmatt Posts: 40
    I tear up when I hear Given To Fly every concert. In every sense of the word it saved my life, literally! If it weren't for that song @ the right moment in my life I would not be here today. The musical bars of the song are tatooed starting @ the tip of my toes & wraps around my body all the way up to my fingertips. Can post pics if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    PGHmatt wrote:
    I tear up when I hear Given To Fly every concert. In every sense of the word it saved my life, literally! If it weren't for that song @ the right moment in my life I would not be here today. The musical bars of the song are tatooed starting @ the tip of my toes & wraps around my body all the way up to my fingertips. Can post pics if anyone is interested.
    really ??? you ARE kidding. right?
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i remember in kissimmee florida during black, ed was really emotional and it appeared he was crying and then he started slow dancing with susan sarandon. it was really really nice. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PGHmatt wrote:
    thats so cool to hear when a song saves someone.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    PGHmatt wrote:

I would like to check it out....

I think tatoos are very cool when they have meaning like that..........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Ok, i'm going to actually answer the question that was originally posed, not like everyone else in this thread :p

i saw Ed with tears in his eyes at the end of Black in Milano 2006, he was pretty overwhelmed by the crowd singing and clapping at the end of the song.

Ed also cried at the end of Baba O'Riley in Dusseldorf 2007. It was an amazing crowd that went nuts all night and after Baba he just stood there looking around at everyone in shock as if he was blown away by us all.

Everyone in the band was pretty emotional when Ed gave that moving speech before Betterman in Copenhagen last year. I imagine that was a pretty tough gig for them.

During Rockin' in the Free World in Nijmegen last year, Ed was dancing and then he just said "you guys must be exhausted!" because everyone was still jumping up and down and going nuts because we didn't want the night to end!

I don't know why, but as soon as the band left the stage in Nijmegen, i just started crying. Everyone was pouring out of the park and i was stood by the rail crying. It was the weirdest feeling, i couldn't control it at all.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    I cried at the Gorge and at MGM during "Inside Job" that one always gets me.

I also get caught crying at "Come Back" quite often.

They seem to get me lyrically and musically alot, there is just so much emotion in the music and the way that they convey it through their performances.
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    Hard to Imagine, Grand Rapids 06. I shed a tear in my double Captain and Coke.
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    The first few times I heard "Last Kiss" . Maybe I should just get over it as its been 20+ years, but the pain of losing my fiance to a drunk driver in 1983 coupled with a very poignant ,beautiful song about loss , on a highway, had me in tears. I guess you could say I reject the idea that you get used the pain. My Last Kiss was on the lips of a beautiful young woman on life support on the day her family consented to removing her from that support. That adds to the sadnes. Now I politely sit down when I hear it in concert and never clap. The song leaves me cold.

The other song is that fills me with emotion is "Down". I am a recovering alcoholic. I was so far down that I once stood on the wrong side of the bridge rail of the Platt Bridge, Philly, before it got lights . I guess my fear of heights overcame a fear of dying. Sorry if this invokes humor as it wasn't meant to. The idea of throwing the booze or pills or any substance or deons, thanks to Employee Assistance at work, away leaves me with the same kind of deep emotion, ,including tears, as described in this thread . For me,tears of relief and revelry.

Thank you very much for this thread. It's therapy. My doc says it's better to speak of ones emotions.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i remember in kissimmee florida during black, ed was really emotional and it appeared he was crying and then he started slow dancing with susan sarandon. it was really really nice. :)

why? did she step on his feet?

• Options
    Ok, i'm going to actually answer the question that was originally posed, not like everyone else in this thread :p

i saw Ed with tears in his eyes at the end of Black in Milano 2006, he was pretty overwhelmed by the crowd singing and clapping at the end of the song.

Ed also cried at the end of Baba O'Riley in Dusseldorf 2007. It was an amazing crowd that went nuts all night and after Baba he just stood there looking around at everyone in shock as if he was blown away by us all.

Everyone in the band was pretty emotional when Ed gave that moving speech before Betterman in Copenhagen last year. I imagine that was a pretty tough gig for them.

During Rockin' in the Free World in Nijmegen last year, Ed was dancing and then he just said "you guys must be exhausted!" because everyone was still jumping up and down and going nuts because we didn't want the night to end!

I don't know why, but as soon as the band left the stage in Nijmegen, i just started crying. Everyone was pouring out of the park and i was stood by the rail crying. It was the weirdest feeling, i couldn't control it at all.

I have never been close enough to see the band cry..........

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i teared up a bit at the vic... just really happy... and i felt really fortunate to be there... such an incredible experience... i was very grateful to have the opportunity and to be so close[/quote

AMEN to this!

when they played Hard to Imagine...the eyes swelled up..plus it was my fiancees first show and sharing the experience with her was special
  • Options
    hey! i DID answer the question!!!! :eek:

• Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    SENROCK! wrote:

yeah, me too!

:)
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    SENROCK! wrote:

hehe, my bad! apologies, i meant that most people didn't answer the question!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    hehe, my bad! apologies, i meant that most people didn't answer the question!

ALRIGHT URE FORGIVEN! :)

• Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    I have a hard time listening to Black during a live performance without getting emotional. That song hits way too close to home for me.
  • Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    There There.

We are Men. Men dont fuckin talk emotions. Come on guys, wtf? Keep that talk between you and your mother. jeez.

Pittsburg Black is fuckn emotional. forgot the year. its called the" OMG Eddie is really crying on this -Black" this transcends music, this is emotion pure, like the other night, when I got my daily Big Brother dosis, that one girl was crying like i have never seen before. Man, that was so great to watch. Made me feel like a human.

random.