• Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Sigh.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Sure.

Sigh.

Don't make me just tell you. It spoils the fun for me.

Think
    I'm tunnel visioned...I present my own agenda, and wait for you to decide to present your own. I can't stand those questions...I deliberately totally avoid them...they hint of power struggles for me.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    I'm tunnel visioned...I present my own agenda, and wait for you to decide to present your own. I can't stand those questions...I deliberately totally avoid them...they hint of power struggles for me.

Ok -- I'm not trying to upset you or make you uncomfortable. I'll try to meet you in the middle here. If this still bothers you, let me know.

Let's say I'm at the ATM. Let's say you walk up to me and grab my hand and demand money. Let's say I then pull a gun on you. What's your reaction and why?

Let's say I'm at the ATM. Let's say you walk up to me and grab my hand and demand money. Let's say I then pull a loaf of bread on you. What's your reaction and why?

These are not loaded questions.
  • Options
    Ok -- I'm not trying to upset you or make you uncomfortable. I'll try to meet you in the middle here. If this still bothers you, let me know.

Let's say I'm at the ATM. Let's say you walk up to me and grab my hand and demand money. Let's say I then pull a gun on you. What's your reaction and why?

Let's say I'm at the ATM. Let's say you walk up to me and grab my hand and demand money. Let's say I then pull a loaf of bread on you. What's your reaction and why?

These are not loaded questions.
    The part that annoys me is where someone tells me how to think: "check your premises". I appreciate you changing your approach, and for your sensitivity.

Back to the ATM. The problem is that 95% or more of the population does not realise that their unconscious issues play out around them as "fate", therefore you actually unconsciously draw to you the exact situations and so on to create the other person, gun and ATM. You become a victim of your own thought patterns, which become real.

I have a ton of personal experience with this....for example, it's not usually great running around with the idea "men are pigs". Yikes, imagine the fate I ran up against! ;) I also have experience with breaking the thought patterns, and changing my experiences. Life is intuitive and PERFECTLY synchronised.

The psychological rule says that when an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside as fate. That is to say, when the individual remains undivided and does not become conscious of his inner opposite, the world must perforce act out the conflict and be torn into opposing halves.” --Jung
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    The part that annoys me is where someone tells me how to think: "check your premises". I appreciate you changing your approach, and for your sensitivity.

That's fair. I'm not trying to tell you how to think though. There is an unspoken assumption you have about me and my gun. It's the same assumption anyone would make, and the assumption is its only purpose and the only reason I own a gun. I'm simply trying to point you towards it.
    Back to the ATM. The problem is that 95% or more of the population does not realise that their unconscious issues play out around them as "fate", therefore you actually unconsciously draw to you the exact situations and so on to create the other person, gun and ATM. You become a victim of your own thought patterns, which become real.

I have a ton of personal experience with this....for example, it's not usually great running around with the idea "men are pigs". Yikes, imagine the fate I ran up against! ;) I also have experience with breaking the thought patterns, and changing my experiences. Life is intuitive and PERFECTLY synchronised.

The psychological rule says that when an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside as fate. That is to say, when the individual remains undivided and does not become conscious of his inner opposite, the world must perforce act out the conflict and be torn into opposing halves.” --Jung

I agree with all of this.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Ok, then don't pay it.

if it were that easy...if you dislike your taxes so much don't pay them. see how that works? it's not realistic. i dislike our tax money being wasted on wars that are not needed let alone bonuses that aren't deserved. it reeks of cronyism and looting to me.

Actually, I was that kid once. My dad told me to cut the grass. I demanded payment. My dad smiled at said he'd pay $50 to do it. I agreed. He then told me that he was deducting my share of the rent and food. This left me with $5. I was pissed, so I went out and mowed my name in the lawn. He gave me $.05 and told me I could go to bed without dinner. That, my friend, is justice.

ok, then why are you agaisnt me saying they don't deserve a bonus? it is my opinion, i don't feel they deserve it given their actions just as your dad thought yuo only deserved $0.05
    Those are your issues? Then why not fight against the organization that grants no-bid contracts? Are you going to primarily blame Halliburton for accepting that contract?

i do. i also think the organization that grants these contracts and halliburton are comingled. i'm not blaming them for taking it as much as being deceptive and stealing, then being rewarded. just as i'm upset rumsfeld's gilead science got that huge contract for tamiflu, which we see was all hype.
    You're being manipulative by pretending that's all I said.

do you post in this manner you are asking me to post in? no, you don't. so, why does this only apply to me? i am not saying 'here's all you need ot know about this subject!' for that matter i could say 'ffg's business sacrifices babies!' if anyone accepts that simply b/c they read it here they are idiots. jsut as when i see someone post something i am interested in i look more up on it. some work has to be done by the individual person. if you wish to counterpoint anything i say by posting some good to outweigh the bad then fine, by all means...jsut don't force me to do it for you. hey, you're holding a gun to my head telling me how to post! lol
    No. I think it is necessary for someone to not deliberately pick and choose facts to support their conclusion in the face of contradictory facts. That is intellectual dishonesty. For instance, if your conclusion is that Halliburton is bad, you are free to point out all of their mistakes. But you cannot simply omit the good you are aware of in order to drive home that conclusion.

as i said, feel free to point out the good. to me the bad of halliburton (overcharging, fraudulent, violating US law by doing business w/ terrorist nations like iran, iraq (under oil for food and other things), syria and other places they know are violating human rights. i am not saying 'no good exists!' i am curious why you don't demand this method of posting for someone like miller? why not demand he post some good things muslims have done in the world? why not demand posters mention the good the aclu has done? if i post about israel attacking lebanon do you seriously want me to devote space to the good they've done?

just remember i am never claiming my post to be the definitive info on whatever the post is on.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    if it were that easy...if you dislike your taxes so much don't pay them. see how that works? it's not realistic. i dislike our tax money being wasted on wars that are not needed let alone bonuses that aren't deserved. it reeks of cronyism and looting to me.

The point was that it isn't that easy. Your system has made it impossible. Your system is the one that enables cronyism and looting.
    ok, then why are you agaisnt me saying they don't deserve a bonus? it is my opinion, i don't feel they deserve it given their actions just as your dad thought yuo only deserved $0.05

Because they did a better job than I did. Get it?
    i do. i also think the organization that grants these contracts and halliburton are comingled. i'm not blaming them for taking it as much as being deceptive and stealing, then being rewarded. just as i'm upset rumsfeld's gilead science got that huge contract for tamiflu, which we see was all hype.

Ok. I just hope you recognize this goes deeper than Skeltor (Donald Rumsfeld) and his cohorts.
    do you post in this manner you are asking me to post in?

Yes.
    no, you don't. so, why does this only apply to me? i am not saying 'here's all you need ot know about this subject!'

You are when you say this:

"i don't think that list of abuses (and it is far from a complete list) does not a "great job" make"
    for that matter i could say 'ffg's business sacrifices babies!' if anyone accepts that simply b/c they read it here they are idiots. jsut as when i see someone post something i am interested in i look more up on it. some work has to be done by the individual person. if you wish to counterpoint anything i say by posting some good to outweigh the bad then fine, by all means...jsut don't force me to do it for you. hey, you're holding a gun to my head telling me how to post! lol

I've said numerous times that you have the right to post anything you'd like. You do, however, have to deal with the consequences of others who choose to do the same.
    as i said, feel free to point out the good. to me the bad of halliburton (overcharging, fraudulent, violating US law by doing business w/ terrorist nations like iran, iraq (under oil for food and other things), syria and other places they know are violating human rights. i am not saying 'no good exists!' i am curious why you don't demand this method of posting for someone like miller? why not demand he post some good things muslims have done in the world? why not demand posters mention the good the aclu has done? if i post about israel attacking lebanon do you seriously want me to devote space to the good they've done?

I do demand it from miller. Miller, to my knowledge, has never called me into a thread.
    just remember i am never claiming my post to be the definitive info on whatever the post is on.

Ok.
  • Options
    AffromanAffroman Posts: 7
    I haven't read through all of the posts but I'd like to add something about Wal-mart.

On top of the minimum wage scandals and what not, Wal-Mart is also both terrible and good for the U.S. Economy. While it alone may accumulate for a large sum of productive business and general employment it indirectly affects hundreds and thousands of companies. Wal-Mart is notorious for its ability to pigeon-hole its vendors into selling their product at lower prices with a gurantee of large volume sale. However this makes a large number of successful small-to-medium size businesses to keel over because of their inability to provide a product to a mass economy. In short it allows large manufacturers to continue to incraese volume and productivity while driving middlemen and small-to-medium size business into the ground. Sounds like a little "too" much capitalism to me.
  • Options
    That's fair. I'm not trying to tell you how to think though. There is an unspoken assumption you have about me and my gun. It's the same assumption anyone would make, and the assumption is its only purpose and the only reason I own a gun. I'm simply trying to point you towards it.
    You might be assuming about my unspoken assumption. What are you "hearing" as my assumption? I'd love to find the missing piece. Oh, and I didn't particularly feel you are being domineering with me ever. I don't like any implication that any miscommunication is automatically with me and with "my" flawed premise. Although I can understand coming off as condescending. ;)
    I agree with all of this.
    I'm actually completely shocked that you are agreeing, here.

Maybe it's the assumption part that needs to be cleared up, then.

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    You might be assuming about my unspoken assumption. What are you "hearing" as my assumption? I'd love to find the missing piece. Oh, and I didn't particularly feel you are being domineering with me ever. I don't like any implication that any miscommunication is automatically with me and with "my" flawed premise. Although I can understand coming off as condescending. ;)

I'm not "assuming" about your assumption. I know it is there.
    I'm actually completely shocked that you are agreeing, here.

Why? Because I carry a gun?
    Maybe it's the assumption part that needs to be cleared up, then.

Yes.
  • Options
    You cannot receive time back, change memories or undo personal injury!! But our justice system pretends that you can.

You said what ever is lost should be returned to you instead of punishmnet by imprisonment. I don't think in many cases, it can be returned so there has to another method of punishment in place.

Our government could allow another company with a better performance record to the the job. I wouldn't be opposed to that. But if, in the process, Halliburton goes unpaid for the services they did provide, I would be opposed to that.

The "good job" of a teacher who sleeps with his students is not negated. Don't you understand that? The increased knowledge of his students demostrates that. That knowledge does not disappear just because of the teacher's error. That does not justify the behavior, however. Such a teacher can no longer be trusted, and in most situations should no longer be entrusted with students.

They should be paid for what they accomplished and punished for the crimes they have commited (fraud). Then their track record should speak for itself.
    I didn't mean that any knwledge tranfered from me to the student was negated...I meant my teaching job should be negated because of my criminal actions.

A system of placing men in concrete zoos is not chaotic???

At least the ones causing the havoc within society are not allowed to continue doing such. Chaos for a few that choose to be violent or chaos for all? I think the answer is clear.

Equal value can almost always be returned. But it cannot be returned by simply harming the perpetrator. The death penalty cannot bring back the dead, it can only kill another. A life sentence cannot erase the rape, it can only rape another. Eye-for-eye "justice" is a system of double crimes, not a system of treating men as they are.

How can value almost always be returned and what will ensure that it is not taken again? Punishment isn't supposed to be all rosy, I wouldn't recommend engaging in violent crimes. There is a cause and effect to everything.

No it does not. You said so yourself above:

"If that same person frees himself he is not going against the slave owner's human rights"

You are not a slave forced to do anything within the borders of any country. You consent by being here and participating in what it is you claim to hate.

Ok, and you force those of us who are against such methods to pay for them, even though we feel it is a direct violation of human rights. Just keep that in mind.

No, in a truly functioning democracy the people decide. We need to denounce laws that violate human rights and I know I do.

First, that's like suggesting we can't do away with the death penalty because we DO enforce the death penalty today.

You can change laws. Good luck with ridding the world of greed.
    Second, it is an individual's right to deal with murderers. And it is your right to punish that individual for such an action just as you're punishing the murderer.

How? Money buys power and influence. Those without are always going to need certain laws protecting them from this. What could a penniless person do to stop either?
    These are not easy issues. But justice is not supposed to be easy. Simply killing every criminal is easier than imprisoning them, but it doesn't make either right.

No, you're right it doesn't. I wouldn't recommend that solution

Of course! But if you ask a man to choose between prison or the death penalty, we all know what his answer would be. That does not justify the death penalty.

I agree. but I don't agree that we shouldn't have laws that imprison those who wish to take away anothers human rights. If you choose that path you give up you own human rights.

Yes. But there is also a choice in your residency as well and the actions you make. A rape victim did not choose to be raped by attending a party where she is then raped.

Here we pay taxes which are supposed to benefit society. There is no benefit in rape to a society only harm...probably the reason no country worth living in forces rape on it's public or makes it legal to rape another.
    If you tell me "hey, you can always move elsewhere", I can simply throw that statement right back at you. You have no inherent right to rule me just because I'm here. You can take your laws to another country, just as I can take myself to another country.

democracy = majority of the people's choices rule. I believe in democracy, I don't believe we are living up to our democracy though.
    Not really. We have many subjective laws that are only in the minds of those who enforce them.

such as?

I'm not suggesting that you let a person continue to rape because it is his will. I'm suggesting no one is helpless. A rapist should be expelled from society because he has demonstrated his inability to coexist with it, but not at the cost of his life or his freedom.

Rapists now often continue to rape in the zoos you put them in. Is it ok because it's just other prisoners?

In an overall sense people are not helpless. But in certain situations involving power people can become helpless. what do you suggest we send them all to Exile Island? I don't see how your vision will work properly.

No, it's not alright to let prisoners be abused. The prison should have standards and guards who uphold these. I hate that people have to be imprisoned, as well. But I don't believe all criminals should be allowed to remain free given the crimes they commit. As I already stated, if you decide to take away anothers human rights you have given up the right to your own.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I'm not "assuming" about your assumption. I know it is there.
    Can you please point to the assumption you are assuming?
    Why? Because I carry a gun?
    How is that for an assumption! Yikes. I am shocked because you agreed. If you agree that what happens outside us as fate is caused by our own unconscious, you acknowledge that if someone comes at you with a gun that it is due to unconscious processes in you.

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    Can you please point to the assumption you are assuming?

Angelica, you're assuming that my gun can cause harm to anyone.
    How is that for an assumption! Yikes. I am shocked because you agreed. If you agree that what happens outside us as fate is caused by our own unconscious, you acknowledge that if someone comes at you with a gun that it is due to unconscious processes in you.

To suggest that an inner conflict will manifest itself in an external situation is perfectly valid and correct. To suggest that an inner conflict will manifest itself in an external situation unrelated to the conflict iteself is silly.
  • Options
    Angelica, you're assuming that my gun can cause harm to anyone.
    You are correct. Are you telling me that your gun is in someway disabled, or that it does not contain ammunition?
    To suggest that an inner conflict will manifest itself in an external situation is perfectly valid and correct. To suggest that an inner conflict will manifest itself in an external situation unrelated to the conflict iteself is silly.
    If you are "unconscious" of your unconscious, how can you tell whether the conflict is related or unrelated? And further, if you cannot be sure, how can you put the judgment of "silly" on it?

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    angelica wrote:
    The contradiction I see is that you are battling over the idea of self/other inside, and you're confusing your unacknowledged inner battle and making it manifest outside of you.

Did you know that the unconscious does not judge?

Did you know that the unconscious accepts exactly "as is"--it records everything.

Do you realise that the unconscious does not understand the difference between self and other?

Do you realise that if you call someone a moron: "you are a moron", the subconscious hears "you are a moron", just as though someone else called YOU a moron?

That is the premise that affirmations are based on.

The vast majority of who you are does not differentiate between self and other--the struggle you see is your inner apparently unconscious world playing out all around you--you look through those filters you've created, probably based on the power struggles of your life, which all of us have scripts pertaining to.

Oh yeah that's some trippy stuff. I'm liking it though.

Have I told you lately...that I love you? (Rod Stewart melody) :D

Interesting. I'm going to keep the moron bit close at hand for future reference. Or add it to my "filter" so to speak ;)
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    it does not contain ammunition

That's my girl.....
  • Options
    Oh yeah that's some trippy stuff. I'm liking it though.

Have I told you lately...that I love you? (Rod Stewart melody) :D
    Oh, the other one that I left out for clarity's sake is that the subconscious does not have a sense of humour. (edit: it takes what we say in fun at face value). So, you love me, huh?? ;)<3

It can be cool when someone like Jon Stewart is informing the masses, but, wait--he's just kidding!!! No harm done!! ;) It can be not as cool when someone is being degrading in a "fun" sense--that rather is about abusing someone and couching it in the idea of "fun". Sure, many times people are unaware of their own unconscious hostility.
    Interesting. I'm going to keep the moron bit close at hand for future reference. Or add it to my "filter" so to speak ;)
    It's all about karma my friend--we literally hurt ourselves when we hurt others. Why do you think the truly peaceful people are in a "heaven"? And why do the truly peaceful love everyone? You're the guy who gets the "time" thing. If there is no time, there truly is not distance between you and I. :)

• Options
    That's my girl.....
    I'm you're girl now, huh? :)

I notice you neglected to answer the second part. Is that acquiescence I hear?

• Options
    That's my girl.....
    Not to be a stickler for details or anything--BUT, I just wanted to be direct and specific: Are you saying that when you carry a gun, you do not have it loaded?

• Options

Oh, and if you ever find yourself calling someone a moron, it's because the concept of "moron" is already IN your filter. That's why you see a moron before you--it happens when you look through the inner "moron lens". It's the psychology of our "shadow", and how when we point the finger, it's really about the 3 pointing back at us.

The good news is that after we figure this out, and we spend countless years clarifying the crud from our filters, we can become enlightened, peaceful, happy and we can move about the world freely without getting hooked on all kinds of unconscious emotional issues that were once in said filter. That's when we become TRULY potent and truly FREE. :)

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    Oh, the other one that I left out for clarity's sake is that the subconscious does not have a sense of humour. (edit: it takes what we say in fun at face value). So, you love me, huh?? ;)<3

It can be cool when someone like Jon Stewart is informing the masses, but, wait--he's just kidding!!! No harm done!! ;) It can be not as cool when someone is being degrading in a "fun" sense--that rather is about abusing someone and couching it in the idea of "fun". Sure, many times people are unaware of their own unconscious hostility.

It's all about karma my friend--we literally hurt ourselves when we hurt others. Why do you think the truly peaceful people are in a "heaven"? And why do the truly peaceful love everyone? You're the guy who gets the "time" thing. If there is no time, there truly is not distance between you and I. :)

But I also told myself I love me as well ;) I still send love your way though. :D

the time thing whoa...again my mind!

I always believe behind all humor and sarcasm lies the very heart of truth in ones words.

Cool stuff Ange.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    angelica wrote:
    Oh, and if you ever find yourself calling someone a moron, it's because the concept of "moron" is already IN your filter. That's why you see a moron before you--it happens when you look through the inner "moron lens". It's the psychology of our "shadow", and how when we point the finger, it's really about the 3 pointing back at us.

The good news is that after we figure this out, and we spend countless years clarifying the crud from our filters, we can become enlightened, peaceful, happy and we can move about the world freely without getting hooked on all kinds of unconscious emotional issues that were once in said filter. That's when we become TRULY potent and truly FREE. :)

Sometimes a moron is just a moron. Nothing more, nothing less. You can't fix stupid. Sorry angelica. :(
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Sometimes a moron is just a moron. Nothing more, nothing less. You can't fix stupid. Sorry angelica. :(

Yeah, but why let it break you? Think about it. That's a very cool train of thought. I'll give credit where it's due.
  • Options
    But I also told myself I love me as well ;) I still send love your way though. :D
    Ain't love grand! The gift that keeps on giving!
    the time thing whoa...again my mind!
    I Love this aspect of you!
    I always believe behind all humor and sarcasm lies the very heart of truth in ones words.

Cool stuff Ange.
    I would guess that about you--you are very perceptive. And thanks. :)

• Options
    Hey, believe what you want to believe! ;)

• Options

My precious friend, here we have the crux of the subconscious. We have our issues we are willing to accept, and we have the ones that we banish to the depths of our being and cause our own selves to lose sight of. If the banished issues are issues that need to be heard, we will "hear" them as life experience playing out around us.

Therefore, when we carry power imbalances (and in this world we all do) we view the imbalance to be about the other guy. In reality, when you meet with the person holding the gun to your head, like I said before, there are two people contracting to be meeting in that moment, each for their own unconscious purposes. If you are contracting to be the victim, so be it. If you learn to own and accept your contracts, you can rise above them, and you can become a potent force for creating peace and Love and abundance of what you want.

You are so close my friend. Hey how about considering getting rid of some of those addictions: remember the evil of holding parts of yourSelf separate from yourself? Imagine the glory.

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    The point was that it isn't that easy. Your system has made it impossible. Your system is the one that enables cronyism and looting.

no, it did't. it is not MY system. i believe in taxing for the public good (but not a huge amount like the UK used to do)

Because they did a better job than I did. Get it?

no, they didn't...they fed our soldiers spoiled food, gave them dirty water, overcharged and committed fraud where they thought they could get away w/ it...to me, that's not 'a good job' and are you saying you couldn't do a better job than that??

Ok. I just hope you recognize this goes deeper than Skeltor (Donald Rumsfeld) and his cohorts.

certainly
    Yes.

you do?? i must have missed you posting the positives to the tax system ;)
    You are when you say this:

"i don't think that list of abuses (and it is far from a complete list) does not a "great job" make"

yes, as in i refuse to call their work a 'great job' given their abuses (feeding our troops spoiled food and if it's rejected take it to the next base and hope they don't notice, giving them dirty water, the overcharges and fraud...) get it? if get an A on exams but i cheated on most of them, did i do a 'great job'? no, at least not to me.

I do demand it from miller.

ok, i must have missed that thread, too, where you said these things.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    jammin1586jammin1586 Posts: 39
    farfromglorified, i like you.
    Current Favorite PJ Studio Albums:
    1) Vitalogy
    2) Yield
    3) Ten
    4) No Code
    5) Riot Act
    6) Vs.
    7) Pearl Jam
    8) Binaural
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    I'm you're girl now, huh? :)

In that charming kind of way, yes.
    I notice you neglected to answer the second part. Is that acquiescence I hear?

Hold on. Just got here...
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    If you are "unconscious" of your unconscious, how can you tell whether the conflict is related or unrelated? And further, if you cannot be sure, how can you put the judgment of "silly" on it?

I'm saying that it is not a conflict, angelica. There is no contradiction.