Options

Dramatic 911 call from right before shooting released

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    in the us; the accused has a right to face their accuser. it works most of the time; and when it doesn't; we have the witness protection program. which is basically what you two did; except you didn't get a new identy.
    i think this is another reason FOR vigilante justice. the criminal in both your cases ruined your life or at least; put you in fear and made you do things you wouldn't have done.

Yeah, it's the same here I think. Because I tried really hard to get out of testifying but I was told that since it had now become a police matter I was now being subpoenaed to appear anyway and if I didn't front I'd be in contempt of court and a warrant would be served for my arrest. It wasn't really a witness protection program. More like I made the necessary changes to ensure my own safety because it was clear that the police wouldn't do anything UNLESS I'd been attacked by him. And be fucked I was waiting around for that! I could possibly have got a restraining order but seeing as I put him in jail with my testimony and made him a pillow biter over Christmas I really couldn't see the point to aggravating him more with one of those. He was already pissed off and being a complete bastard and a menace. Best course of action as far as I could see was to hide, drop off the face of the earth, not go to my regular haunts, move house, change jobs, change hair color, advise the family that he might come looking and hope to christ he didn't. I would have to say that he most definitely had a huge impact on my life and it's not like it was the only time he'd done what he'd done. I heard recently of another person that was also assaulted by him. Guy had a rap sheet a mile long back when he crossed my path and this was years later that his name popped up again for assaulting another friend. So I can quite imagine that he hadn't exactly been living like a celestine monk in all those years. I slept with a can of hairspray and a baseball bat next to my bed for years and I kept a broken stearing lock handy in the car, so that if I was pulled over by police they wouldn't consider it a weapon. All I know is that he was not the kind of person that could be reasoned with because believe me I tried so even though I'd prefer not to have to resort to violence I did resign myself to the fact that if he did come for me I had better be well prepared if I wanted to survive it. So yeah, provisionally I do see the case for "vigilante justice" in some cases.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yeah, it's the same here I think. Because I tried really hard to get out of testifying but I was told that since it had now become a police matter I was now being subpoenaed to appear anyway and if I didn't front I'd be in contempt of court and a warrant would be served for my arrest. It wasn't really a witness protection program. More like I made the necessary changes to ensure my own safety because it was clear that the police wouldn't do anything UNLESS I'd been attacked by him. And be fucked I was waiting around for that! I could possibly have got a restraining order but seeing as I put him in jail with my testimony and made him a pillow biter over Christmas I really couldn't see the point to aggravating him more with one of those. He was already pissed off and being a complete bastard and a menace. Best course of action as far as I could see was to hide, drop off the face of the earth, not go to my regular haunts, move house, change jobs, change hair color, advise the family that he might come looking and hope to christ he didn't. I would have to say that he most definitely had a huge impact on my life and it's not like it was the only time he'd done what he'd done. I heard recently of another person that was also assaulted by him. Guy had a rap sheet a mile long back when he crossed my path and this was years later that his name popped up again for assaulting another friend. So I can quite imagine that he hadn't exactly been living like a celestine monk in all those years. I slept with a can of hairspray and a baseball bat next to my bed for years and I kept a broken stearing lock handy in the car, so that if I was pulled over by police they wouldn't consider it a weapon. All I know is that he was not the kind of person that could be reasoned with because believe me I tried so even though I'd prefer not to have to resort to violence I did resign myself to the fact that if he did come for me I had better be well prepared if I wanted to survive it. So yeah, provisionally I do see the case for "vigilante justice" in some cases.

you should've come here. i'll protect you. this is why we have guns. the police are fast to put you in danger and quick to say they can't protect you. you were left to protect yourself but you weren't allowed the tools to do it. like here; i don't have a phone because the phone company won't bring a line out here. cell phone reception is shite because of the mountains so how am i suppose to call anyone? yell out the bloody window? i'm 2 1/2 hours from the nearest sheriff substation so they won't hear me.

we do have a flag system with the neighbours. a yellow flag means i need help but it's no rush. a red flag means i have an emergency; and a green flag means come over and visit.

sounds like the bloke needed to be shot if he got out of jail and continued attacking women.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    like here; i don't have a phone because the phone company won't bring a line out here. cell phone reception is shite because of the mountains so how am i suppose to call anyone? yell out the bloody window? i'm 2 1/2 hours from the nearest sheriff substation so they won't hear me.

we do have a flag system with the neighbours. a yellow flag means i need help but it's no rush. a red flag means i have an emergency; and a green flag means come over and visit.
    it sounds so remote where you are ols, how on earth do you get the internet to work there? could you use the internet to contact someone in an emergency? it would have to be much quicker than the flag system, especially if it was an emergency. if the neighbours weren't home it could be criticial :(
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    it sounds so remote where you are ols, how on earth do you get the internet to work there? could you use the internet to contact someone in an emergency? it would have to be much quicker than the flag system, especially if it was an emergency. if the neighbours weren't home it could be criticial :(

hi pjgurl
    i use satellite internet service through hughes. it used to be direcway. luckily i can text to someones phone via email so when i do something stupid; like drop a ladder on my head; i can contact someone. the towns fire department is going to start a program where we give them our gps coordinants and in case of emergency; they'll send a helicopter. as for fire; they don't bother. the house would be gone by the time they get here.