Options

Fox News

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    According to what I just read, Carlson was blind sided. They reached out to him this morning and his email w/ Fox was deactivated as of that call. He was in the midst of negotiating an extension w/ the network through 2029, something he told people he expected to get as recently as last week. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    sometimes the sacred cow does get snuffed out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    is this Succession playing out in real life??

Carlson has told people he believes his controversial show is being taken off the air because the Murdoch children intend to sell Fox News at some point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932
    gift article.....

Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News after Dominion lawsuit disclosures
    By Jeremy Barr and Sarah Ellison
    April 24, 2023 at 16:19 ET
    In a surprise announcement, Fox News on Monday cut ties with its controversial yet top-rated prime-time host Tucker Carlson, one of the most influential voices in Republican politics.
    The apparently hasty parting — Carlson gave no indication he was leaving in his last nightly appearance Friday, and the network was still running promos for his show Monday morning — came less than a week after Fox settled a defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, which had sued the network for false claims about the 2020 election. Carlson was among several on-air personalities expected to testify.
    Carlson’s private messages were among hundreds of internal communications made public in the course of the lawsuit that caused angst and embarrassment for Fox and heightened the company’s legal jeopardy — Fox ultimately agreed to pay Dominion $787.5 million. Among other comments, Carlson expressed skepticism of the election-fraud claims made on-air by attorneys affiliated with Donald Trump and declared that he “passionately” hates the former president, whose rise to power had been cheered by Fox.
    But it was Carlson’s comments about Fox management, as revealed in the Dominion case, that played a role in his departure from Fox, a person familiar with the company’s thinking told The Post.
    “Do the executives understand how much credibility and trust we’ve lost with our audience?” Carlson wrote to a colleague in a message a day after Fox, like other media outlets, called the election for Joe Biden. It was a sentiment echoed by others at Fox in the fall of 2020, as even network officials who disbelieved Trump’s election-fraud conspiracy theories fretted that countering them strongly would alienate their conservative viewers.
    In another message, Carlson referred to management with an expletive: “Those f-----s are destroying our credibility.” He later wrote: “A combination of incompetent liberals and top leadership with too much pride to back down is what’s happening.”
    Carlson, who works from a remote studio in Maine, did not immediately respond to a message asking for comment on his departure — which came just an hour before rival cable network CNN fired longtime host Don Lemon.
    Notably, Carlson was not given a chance to say goodbye to the mammoth audience he had amassed in his years as a prime time host. His executive producer, Justin Wells, is also leaving the network, according to a person familiar with the move.
    Fox said that the 8 p.m. time slot, which Carlson has held since April 2017, will be filled on an interim basis by “rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named.”

continued......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

Carlson has told people he believes his controversial show is being taken off the air because the Murdoch children intend to sell Fox News at some point. 
    Idk, the Dominion settlement and pending smartmatic lawsuit make too much sense as reason enough IMO. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    yeah if you own a company that is about to get another nearly 1 billion dollar judgement or settlement, it might be time to sell that thing to someone else that may run it better.

because clearly, how the murdochs are running it, isn't the way.

• Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334

First thing I thought of as well. Mattson seems like he'd be interested 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I’m loving the Fauxsnooze meltdown but it’s only going to make things worse. Their viewers aren’t going to jump to some reasonable source for their news. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    DewieCox said:
    I’m loving the Fauxsnooze meltdown but it’s only going to make things worse. Their viewers aren’t going to jump to some reasonable source for their news. 
    True,  This had nothing to do with lies and costing the company 3/4 bn dollars.  It was the deep state getting rid of critical truth telling media just like the fascist dictatorships that the radical left want the US to become.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    DewieCox said:
    this is great point. this will likely have them burrow further down the hole. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    JHC, 50 pages on Fox?  I didn't even know this thread ws there. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    True,  This had nothing to do with lies and costing the company 3/4 bn dollars.  It was the deep state getting rid of critical truth telling media just like the fascist dictatorships that the radical left want the US to become.  
    Bill O'Reilly had more viewers than Tucker when he was canned.  No one is untouchable.  I also read that many companies refused to advertise with him. Viewers mean nothing if they don't drive up advertising dollars, so presumably the value of the viewers wasn't 'optimized'.  
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    DewieCox said:
    this is great point. this will likely have them burrow further down the hole. 

Yup. Conversation I saw on FB:

'It's a sad day for conservatives. Hopefully Fox will go belly up.'

'I just canceled my Fox Nation subscription. He will get his own podcast.'

'That's good...maybe Newsmax at some point and yes he'll have his own podcast like Bongino!! 2024 election can't come soon enough, our country is decaying before our eyes.'
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Bill O'Reilly had more viewers than Tucker when he was canned.  No one is untouchable.  I also read that many companies refused to advertise with him. Viewers mean nothing if they don't drive up advertising dollars, so presumably the value of the viewers wasn't 'optimized'.  
    I fail to see what this comment has to do with the deep state victimization of Tucker "America's hero" Carlson?  Are you saying the deep state will see to it that no woke advertising dollars come his way ensuring a much lower viewership wherever he lands next?  If so that makes perfect sense.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    I fail to see what this comment has to do with the deep state victimization of Tucker "America's hero" Carlson?  Are you saying the deep state will see to it that no woke advertising dollars come his way ensuring a much lower viewership wherever he lands next?  If so that makes perfect sense.
    Haha, no.  I was talking about your first sentence, the 750mm settlement.  No one is untouchable when you cost your company that much money.  And while he was a ratings juggernaut in cable, I'm not sure that translated to advertising dollars that matched that viewership.  If Little House on the Prairie pulled in 2.5MM viewers every single night, the ad dollars would be enormous.  From what I read, too many companies are hands off on his show.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Haha, no.  I was talking about your first sentence, the 750mm settlement.  No one is untouchable when you cost your company that much money.  And while he was a ratings juggernaut in cable, I'm not sure that translated to advertising dollars that matched that viewership.  If Little House on the Prairie pulled in 2.5MM viewers every single night, the ad dollars would be enormous.  From what I read, too many companies are hands off on his show.  
    Because they have been directed by the deep state to spend their dollars elsewhere!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Because they have been directed by the deep state to spend their dollars elsewhere!
    Undoubtedly.  

Some on the right say that Tucker will just be stronger somewhere else.  I call total bullshit on that.  Where's Bill?  Still doing low rent talks? What about Megyn Kelly?  The reality is that Tucker might make more money somewhere else, but his reach is diminished.  Nothing is easier for the right wing than turning on the tv at 8PM.  No podcast or any other modern tool will connect him with his audience like 8PM on Fox. 
  • Options
    And yesterday was a great day for America. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Undoubtedly.  

Some on the right say that Tucker will just be stronger somewhere else.  I call total bullshit on that.  Where's Bill?  Still doing low rent talks? What about Megyn Kelly?  The reality is that Tucker might make more money somewhere else, but his reach is diminished.  Nothing is easier for the right wing than turning on the tv at 8PM.  No podcast or any other modern tool will connect him with his audience like 8PM on Fox. 
    What about Rush's old AM radio slot?..a lot of damage could be done there.  Nobody has filled that vacuum yet. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Undoubtedly.  

It will be interesting to see Tucker vs. the Time Slot, if you will. We've largely forgotten about Bill O'Riley but times continue to evolve in worse and more cultish ways.

My guess is that the people upset with Fox News are a loud but small minority on Twitter and that most viewers will continue to watch the channel regardless of on-air personalities. But I don't know that means that Tucker is going to fall into obscurity at the same rate.

Oh well, none of this matters. At the end of the day, there's a huge market for "news" that starts with "wait until you hear this outrageous story" and someone will be there fill that demand. The rest of this is just a sideshow to the growing anger of a third of America.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Undoubtedly.  

What about Rush's old AM radio slot?..a lot of damage could be done there.  Nobody has filled that vacuum yet. 
    Maybe, for sure.  That audience got fractured by all of the copy cats (Beck, Savage, etc.).  And it's hard to pin down numbers because the only ones that have them are the companies that syndicate them, so they are going to be inflated, misleading, etc.  I tend to think he's more likely to go podcast rather than AM.  
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Undoubtedly.  

It will be interesting to see Tucker vs. the Time Slot, if you will. We've largely forgotten about Bill O'Riley but times continue to evolve in worse and more cultish ways.

My guess is that the people upset with Fox News are a loud but small minority on Twitter and that most viewers will continue to watch the channel regardless of on-air personalities. But I don't know that means that Tucker is going to fall into obscurity at the same rate.

Oh well, none of this matters. At the end of the day, there's a huge market for "news" that starts with "wait until you hear this outrageous story" and someone will be there fill that demand. The rest of this is just a sideshow to the growing anger of a third of America.
    "We" have only forgotten about Bill Oreiily because that's what the deep state wanted.  Sheeple!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Undoubtedly.  

mrussel1 said:
    And yesterday was a great day for America. 
    Correct, no matter how much some want to spin it otherwise, what happened yesterday was good for our country.