Options

What's up with Fox news?

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ;)

I just hold them all about equal when it comes to bullshit.

you don't show it...you haven't shown any contempt for fox...in fact, you seem to defend them
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    El_Kabong wrote:
    you don't show it...you haven't shown any contempt for fox...in fact, you seem to defend them

I dont show any contempt for any of them. I hold them all on EQUAL ground. I only defend fox to show they are no worse then others.

or maybe you dont see the amount of Fox bashing that goes on. i.e this thread.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    jlew24asu wrote:
    thats cute.

how can you be so against someone who is the leading voice for getting Jessica's Law passed in all 50 states?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica's_Law

I just don't like the way O'reilly attacks people like Glick, tells everyone to shut-up, lies and plagiarizes other's statements. Besides that, I guess he's an alright guy.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I dont show any contempt for any of them. I hold them all on EQUAL ground. I only defend fox to show they are no worse then others.

or maybe you dont see the amount of Fox bashing that goes on. i.e this thread.

i think fox goes beyond the other networks. for example their slogan of 'fair and balanced' or 'we report, you decide' and yet even you adn the fox defenders will saythey have an obvious bias...so then, you are admitting they lie w/ their slogans! they are not fair and balanced and they don't report and let you decide, they don't give you the whole story. i never said cnn or msnbc does, but their slogans don't claim this
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I just don't like the way O'reilly attacks people like Glick, tells everyone to shut-up, lies and plagiarizes other's statements. Besides that, I guess he's an alright guy.

an alright guy huh?

I'm buying the domain http://www.animus-sucks.com I going to fill it with all posts made by you. but honestly, I think you are an alright guy. I mean that.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    an alright guy huh?

I'm buying the domain http://www.animus-sucks.com I going to fill it with all posts made by you. but honestly, I think you are an alright guy. I mean that.

Cool man, I always wanted my own hate site. Let me know when it's up. ;)
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i think fox goes beyond the other networks. for example their slogan of 'fair and balanced' or 'we report, you decide' and yet even you adn the fox defenders will saythey have an obvious bias...so then, you are admitting they lie w/ their slogans! they are not fair and balanced and they don't report and let you decide, they don't give you the whole story. i never said cnn or msnbc does, but their slogans don't claim this

msbnc slogan - "First, Fast, Fair, and Accurate."

cnn slogan - "the most trusted name in news"

wake up dude
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    msbnc slogan - "First, Fast, Fair, and Accurate."

cnn slogan - "the most trusted name in news"

wake up dude

you're saying there is an equal bias on all networks? that these supposed liberal networks are just as exclusionary as fox is? do they say they are balanced when they are anything but?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    you're saying there is an equal bias on all networks? that these supposed liberal networks are just as exclusionary as fox is? do they say they are balanced when they are anything but?

i'm saying that all shovel the same amount of bullshit.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    i'm saying that all shovel the same amount of bullshit.

and i think fox's load is a bit heavier. like my example of pushing hte kerry/more foreign leaders comment all the way up until election even well after it was proven he never said this. while i think the other networks distort i haven't seen anything on this scale this consistently.

and what do i need to wake up from?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    So, why'd the chicken cross the road?
  • Options
    Well, to get to the other side, of course!

LMFAO
  • Options
    So, why'd the chicken cross the road?

To get away from Colonel Sanders?
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    US news is crap, and if anyone wants to go check out some actual intrnational news, they might get some real info...NPR is the only decent news source around right now. bbc international does a decent job at giving some actual INFORMATION, and covers actual EVENTS that are going on around the world. i think their coverage of anna nicole may be a bit lagging, but otherwise they do a fine job of covering international news. and i finally got to watch al-jazeera's international network when i was in vietnam that was developed for the US market, but which no cable company will pick up. it was DAMN good. a very interesting perspective on international politics...i only wish i could watch it here at home!

i have a new favorite example of fox new bias, BTW...in their fair and balanced reporting, they had one guest on earlier today to discuss unicef's report on America lagging behind the rest of the western world on a number of key issues (health care, education, etc.). this guest was WAY right wing, and the host (can't remember who) was of the same cut. in discussing why the US came in last out of 21 countries for infant mortality, this guest said, "well unicef is not taking into account the high number if immigrants we have that skew that statistic."

ok, so that means, for white people, we have a great mortality rate, but those fucking mexicans are ruining it because we won't give them access to health care and their babbies keep dying. hard hitting reporting, fox. if only that fence could get built a bit faster!!!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    if only that fence could get built a bit faster!!!

I'm with ya.
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    US news is crap, and if anyone wants to go check out some actual intrnational news, they might get some real info...NPR is the only decent news source around right now. bbc international does a decent job at giving some actual INFORMATION, and covers actual EVENTS that are going on around the world. i think their coverage of anna nicole may be a bit lagging, but otherwise they do a fine job of covering international news. and i finally got to watch al-jazeera's international network when i was in vietnam that was developed for the US market, but which no cable company will pick up. it was DAMN good. a very interesting perspective on international politics...i only wish i could watch it here at home!
    so you vote for el jazeera as a non bias good source of news? laughable

NewJPage wrote:
    ok, so that means, for white people, we have a great mortality rate, but those fucking mexicans are ruining it because we won't give them access to health care and their babbies keep dying. hard hitting reporting, fox. if only that fence could get built a bit faster!!!

so these fucking Mexicans that you speak of, that come into this country illegally, should have full access to government provided free health care?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    so you vote for el jazeera as a non bias good source of news? laughable

so these fucking Mexicans that you speak of, that come into this country illegally, should have full access to government provided free health care?

dude, get outside of the box. try and see how other people live for a change. leave the country, and not just for a beach resort in the bahamas.
    we are not the almighty, as much as you may believe that we are. the silent majority should be heard, and al-jazeera does actually give voice to those in the undeveloped world...plus you've never seen it, and are just repeating talking points that you hear on fox news

and i think we all should have government provided health care. we are the only "westernized" country to not have it. its bullshit.

and the fox news "panel" that i was refering to was not speaking of illegal immigrants, they were just speaking of immigrants in general who are giving us white-folk a bad name...*note sarcasm*
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    It has been studied that a majority of Fox News viewers actually still believe that the Iraq caused 9/11. Goes to show how much they spin the news. And to prove that they don't report news, I could direct you to my mother,who's a big fan. I asked her the other day what she thought of our hometown being the major weather-news event in national news for a week straight (I'm from a town where they got over 10 feet of snow over 7 days, and it was on all....wait a minute....MOST of the major networks.) She said that FOX News, the only news she watches, never mentioned it. Goes to show that they don't mention real facts, that the majority of their news is nothing but spin. They don't even report the weather.
    NewJPage wrote:
    US news is crap...
    Couldn't be more true. All mainstream media is controlled by the government here in the US. You have to look outside of our country to actually get real facts.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    It has been studied that a majority of Fox News viewers actually still believe that the Iraq caused 9/11. Goes to show how much they spin the news. And to prove that they don't report news, I could direct you to my mother,who's a big fan. I asked her the other day what she thought of our hometown being the major weather-news event in national news for a week straight (I'm from a town where they got over 10 feet of snow over 7 days, and it was on all....wait a minute....MOST of the major networks.) She said that FOX News, the only news she watches, never mentioned it. Goes to show that they don't mention real facts, that the majority of their news is nothing but spin. They don't even report the weather.

dont take this the wrong way but your mother is an idiot. I watch Fox news and they have never given a case that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. I also have seen several times the reports of all the snow you are getting.

Jeanwah wrote:
    Couldn't be more true. All mainstream media is controlled by the government here in the US. You have to look outside of our country to actually get real facts.
    wow. big swing a miss here. media is in no way controlled by government. it is controlled by executives who want to maximize profits.
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    dude, get outside of the box. try and see how other people live for a change. leave the country, and not just for a beach resort in the bahamas.
    I have been to a total now of 14 different countries. I see it quite well how others live.
    NewJPage wrote:
    we are not the almighty,
    actually we are.
    NewJPage wrote:
    as much as you may believe that we are. the silent majority should be heard, and al-jazeera does actually give voice to those in the undeveloped world
    by underdeveloped world you mean the middle east and el queda?
    NewJPage wrote:
    ...plus you've never seen it, and are just repeating talking points that you hear on fox news
    I have seen it, everyday actually. I work for a trading company that keeps that plus 15 other tv's on all day with news reports from around the world
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    this still cracks me up:

http://web1.hannity.com/hannidate

Hannidate!! HAHAHAHAHA... where you can find like-minded singles, i.e. those who are also "hannitized"

not that there's anyone sane, or with a soul for that matter, who works for Fox News, but I think all you need to know about them is that they have Sean Hannity as an employee.

Did you the Daily Show's report on this topic with Jason Jones. outstanding stuff
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I have been to a total now of 14 different countries. I see it quite well how others live.

actually we are.

by underdeveloped world you mean the middle east and el queda?

I have seen it, everyday actually. I work for a trading company that keeps that plus 15 other tv's on all day with news reports from around the world

ok, if you have been to 14 other countries, and have seen how that majority of people live (not your international trading buddies), you will know that the number of people with basically nothing is obsurd. i have travelled and lived with these people, and it is depressing the conditions they are faced with. somehow, they keep a smile on their faces, which is amazing. i have never seen this on fox news.

we are the almighty?...we are the best?...we are the super-race, in the super-country?
    i'll let you tell everyone else that. i'm not sure what makes me any better, or my life more valuable, than anyone else's

i watched al-jazeera for a number of days, and the coverage of the middle-east was minimal at best. they covered the whole world, and focused on many western news events.

btw...i just watched hannity's america. amazing reporting, sean! fair & balanced indeed...
  • Options
    Yeah, that hannity's a crackpot. Does he think the Secret Service would even allow a presidential candidate to fly commercial? he's so full of shit. I'm watching the 1/2 hour... show now. I think a junior high A/V squad could do a better job. Could they make the laugh track a little louder.
  • Options
    Yeah, that hannity's a crackpot. Does he think the Secret Service would even allow a presidential candidate to fly commercial? he's so full of shit. I'm watching the 1/2 hour... show now. I think a junior high A/V squad could do a better job. Could they make the laugh track a little louder.

i think even some of the clowns here could come up w/ material better than that!

anyway, if you have directv they have or used to have a channel called newsworld international that had news programs from a few other countries, it was really different than typical american op/ed aggressive type of 'news' shows
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    I can't believe that garbage came from the same guy that brings us 24 every week. did I miss something, or did they pull the footage that caused a stir this week? The clips that showed Obama, then cut to a crowd of Africans, back to Obama, back to Africans?
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    The 1/2 hour deal was terrible.
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    we are not the almighty, as much as you may believe that we are. the silent majority should be heard, and al-jazeera does actually give voice to those in the undeveloped world...plus you've never seen it, and are just repeating talking points that you hear on fox news

and i think we all should have government provided health care. we are the only "westernized" country to not have it. its bullshit.

and the fox news "panel" that i was refering to was not speaking of illegal immigrants, they were just speaking of immigrants in general who are giving us white-folk a bad name...*note sarcasm*

Al Jazeera had a hand in an insurgent attack in Baghdad that killed a friend of mine.

That's not a lie.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Options
    well the question remains...why do their viewers think that iraq was somehow responsible for 9/11?

maybe because Bush mentioned a possible link in his state of the union address back in 2003. but then again, that is scene on all stations.

show me a current poll where fox listeners think that.

the real question still remains how you can think suicide bombers are not homicide bombers. and what agenda fox pushes by saying so.
  • Options
    well, not only faux news watchers saw his state of the onion address, so try again.
    whats your point?
    here's yer poll, not current but does that really matter? mis perceptions are just that, now or then.
    yes it does matter. 2003 is when many supported actions in Iraq. now not so much, try again. no wait, dont waste my time.

keep dodging the question about homicide bombers.. your debating skills shine bright. or maybe its your education level, I dont know.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I watch Fox news and they have never given a case that Iraq was responsible for 9/11.
    You're wrong. The network deliberately led viewers to believe that the Iraq War was validated by the work of those on 9/11. You must be a big fan of the fake news to be defending them like you are.

wow. big swing a miss here. media is in no way controlled by government. it is controlled by executives who want to maximize profits.
    Keep thinking that. The Bush administration continues to threaten journalists to censor their stories or they will be faced w/ possible termination. One example is the scientist from NASA that wouldn't censor his article on global warming and went public about it. This administration continues to monitor mainstream media to report what they want us to hear. There is nothing that will get by without their approval. In other words, CONTROL.