What's in your bookshelf?

12346»

Comments

• the one in my hand right now: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the one in my hand right now: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

ooh good book. freaked me out a little bit. but that's okay. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Guiness wrote:
    I actually donated all of my books to the local library when I moved...the only book I kept was my copy of Stephen King's "It"...it is my favorite book of all time...in my books to read pile:

The Tender Bar
    Confederacy of Dunces
    Lord Foul's Bane
    The collected works of Raymond Chandler

Just finished The Kite Runner - I highly reccomend this book, it moved me and evoked more emotion than any other book I have read

"Confederacy of Dunces" - Good book....funny too! Enjoy!
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    by empirical evidence, I mean that you put forth a hypothesis, and some alternative hypotheses, and actually test them as opposed to putting forth analytical narratives.
    Doesn't this type of hypothesizing necessarily remove things from their context? In other words by isolating variables, etc. are you not simplifying seriously complex arguments and social settings to get a statistical analysis of only partial truths. As such is that any different than analytical narrativization? I would argue it's no different at all, in fact the politics in chosing variables and hypothesis are analytical narratives themselves cleverly hidden under the guise of some sort of objectivity.