Options

*** VFC contest winners Post your invitations here!

Comments

• Options
    Did you ask them about the goodie bag? Are you just going to go to Easystreet now? Sorry it worked out this way for you... I'm pretty much in the same bag. I was just jacked about this last Wednesday and now I'm sort of in the dumps about it. I'd at least like to get the package, even if it is late....

Totally.. I would like it to since I was a winner. I asked and they ignored the question. :(
    I can't go up to Easy Street bc I have a 3 yr old at home. I thought we were having the party at my house ... now that it's not, it's kind of hard to find someone to watch him, plus I can't really afford to pay a sitter and then go out etc. Times are kinda rough right now. Oh well.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Totally.. I would like it to since I was a winner. I asked and they ignored the question. :(
    I can't go up to Easy Street bc I have a 3 yr old at home. I thought we were having the party at my house ... now that it's not, it's kind of hard to find someone to watch him, plus I can't really afford to pay a sitter and then go out etc. Times are kinda rough right now. Oh well.

Well that is a totally depressing scenario. I have a 2.5 year-old and my wife is two days overdue with our second and I'm supposed to be hosting this thing tonight... I'm obviously overextended but thought I could fit in. My mom is coming into town to watch our kid otherwise I'd be in your same boat on this subject as well... well I hope the package comes in the mail today and you can put on the t-shirt throw the DVD in and dance with your kid in the comfort of your own home at least... Trying to be optimistic.
  • Options
    as of right now only 18 people have posted locations. i didn't expect all 50 winners to be pit members but i would have expected at least 35-40. Where are all the other winners???

really?
    i didn't. i expected, at most, 25 to post...so 18 is pretty damn good. it's pretty obvious to me that there are a LOT more pj fans who check in with pearljam.com than actually read and post on this board. also, there was no requirements that your party had to be open to the public, at all...so there could be quite a few that are small, low-key affairs....invited guests only. if there are 50 winners thru 10c (60 discs in total according to the filmmakers, guess they distributed the other 10 at will) that means many don't post here and/or want to keep it private. who knows? i mean, even in my area...there is a big, public party in NYC....and then my small hosting in my home. obviously, a LOT more people will be in for the city gig. and so it goes. if i get 10-12 people in, i'll be psyched! the LR will be a bit squishy, but i think it'll be a blast! :D

i hope all receive the packages today...such a shame not all received yet. :(
    hopefully things will work out.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Well that is a totally depressing scenario. I have a 2.5 year-old and my wife is two days overdue with our second and I'm supposed to be hosting this thing tonight... I'm obviously overextended but thought I could fit in. My mom is coming into town to watch our kid otherwise I'd be in your same boat on this subject as well... well I hope the package comes in the mail today and you can put on the t-shirt throw the DVD in and dance with your kid in the comfort of your own home at least... Trying to be optimistic.

Yea I hope I get the package soon. It would be cool. I'm going to throw on my own VFC t-shirt that I got in DC when I attended the show in 2004. I also have the poster too bc I was pretty into collecting them. Dunno if the t-shirt and poster were supposed to be different for this one or not. Oh well... I'm more excited to get out and vote Tues than about this party anymore. I've learned that most people let you down and you shouldn't expect anything. That way you can't be disappointed.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,523
    I've learned that most people let you down and you shouldn't expect anything. That way you can't be disappointed.

That's a cynical viewpoint, but sadly, it's all too true of the 10 Club the last few years.
  • Options
    That's a cynical viewpoint, but sadly, it's all too true of the 10 Club the last few years.

exactly. a cynical yet very realistic attitude, unfortunately.
    nice shirt
  • Options

Ok, everyone now needs to say something nice! I'm really psyched about the election tomorrow as well, and I'm going to have a new member of my family enter the world as well, so that is pretty cool! Everything doesn't always have to turn out I guess.
  • Options
    No offense to anyone in this scenario, but I think its kinda shitty if (I'm assuming) there's a bunch holding private parties going on tonight, hence only about 20 posted. I would think if you took the time to write an essay about how important this was to you and how you wanted to share the dvd with fellow fans, you would open it up to the fans, not just your circle of friends. I didn't apply because I couldn't secure a public screening location that would fit more than 8-10 people on short notice.

Sorry, guess I'm just bumming there's no public showing in my area.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    No offense to anyone in this scenario, but I think its kinda shitty if (I'm assuming) there's a bunch holding private parties going on tonight, hence only about 20 posted. I would think if you took the time to write an essay about how important this was to you and how you wanted to share the dvd with fellow fans, you would open it up to the fans, not just your circle of friends. I didn't apply because I couldn't secure a public screening location that would fit more than 8-10 people on short notice.

That sucks dude. I was planning a a big party -- I invited anyone that wanted to come. But luckily the fans in the area do have another party to go to that's public and prolly cooler.

Yea... on the cynical view... it just happens when you are let down time and time again. (it's not just the Ten Club, in fact, they really never let me down before, so I'm extra bummed.)
  • Options

I pretty much agree with you but apparently the contest screeners didn't have that stipulation for why they accepted people so I guess we shouldn't take exception to the way they handed out their products... I looked at it in more of a public service way myself which is why I got a 180 capacity theater for tonight so anyone can come.
  • Options
    Okay. Heard from Ten Club... they said package is still on the way and hopefully they will have a download for me. So....I guess I'll get it but who knows if in time for a party tonight. Well either way, I guess I should be thankful Easy Streets having a party so the Seattle jammer have some where to go! Have fun guys... if I can get someone to watch my kiddo, I'll pop by.
  • Options
    Okay. Heard from Ten Club... they said package is still on the way and hopefully they will have a download for me. So....I guess I'll get it but who knows if in time for a party tonight. Well either way, I guess I should be thankful Easy Streets having a party so the Seattle jammer have some where to go! Have fun guys... if I can get someone to watch my kiddo, I'll pop by.

cool!

what time were you planning to have your party? i don't know what kind of computer/DVD burner you have...but i know my husband DLs and burns discs pretty damn fast. so if your party wasn't set to start until even say 7 pm, i think you'll be fine to still host! :) i'm glad they got it straightened away for you.

this is all meant to be such a POSITIVE thing, fire us all up to VOTE for CHANGE tomorrow. amd when your package does finally arrive...it seems the filmmakers put a LOT of care into making em all.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    cool!

what time were you planning to have your party? i don't know what kind of computer/DVD burner you have...but i know my husband DLs and burns discs pretty damn fast. so if your party wasn't set to start until even say 7 pm, i think you'll be fine to still host! :) i'm glad they got it straightened away for you.

this is all meant to be such a POSITIVE thing, fire us all up to VOTE for CHANGE tomorrow. amd when your package does finally arrive...it seems the filmmakers put a LOT of care into making em all.

It's still a maybe on whether or not they are getting me a link. And I don't have intenet at home, so they would have to get it to me before I leave work at 5 and have enough time to burn it. We'll see... I think I should still direct people up to Easy Street. It would be way more fun than sitting at my house if the DVD never shows.
  • Options
    It's still a maybe on whether or not they are getting me a link. And I don't have intenet at home, so they would have to get it to me before I leave work at 5 and have enough time to burn it. We'll see... I think I should still direct people up to Easy Street. It would be way more fun than sitting at my house if the DVD never shows.

oh i see....well you will know one way or another before 5pm...so anyone who was planning on attending your party still would have time. and you said you're close to easy street in any case, so they can easily either go to your party, or easy street...so don't be down! :) either way, hope all you seattlites have a blast!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    oh i see....well you will know one way or another before 5pm...so anyone who was planning on attending your party still would have time. and you said you're close to easy street in any case, so they can easily either go to your party, or easy street...so don't be down! :) either way, hope all you seattlites have a blast!

Thanks! Hopefully it will all work out. Unfortunatly I know some people were coming from pretty far away. One was from Olympia... that's quite a hike so they would need to know like, now, if it was on, unless they are cool on just going to Easy Street. Ah well... I guess we'll see. Come to my house if you want, just know there may be nothing going on other than drinking. :-D
  • Options
    Thanks! Hopefully it will all work out. Unfortunatly I know some people were coming from pretty far away. One was from Olympia... that's quite a hike so they would need to know like, now, if it was on, unless they are cool on just going to Easy Street. Ah well... I guess we'll see. Come to my house if you want, just know there may be nothing going on other than drinking. :-D

So the package is still on it's way and everything?! That is awesome, things are looking up Ms. Cynical! And if nothing else I guess you are planning on drinking - that usually takes care of what "ales" me!
  • Options
    So the package is still on it's way and everything?! That is awesome, things are looking up Ms. Cynical! And if nothing else I guess you are planning on drinking - that usually takes care of what "ales" me!

Life has proved it for me. Not to say I have the worst life ever, but walk a day in my shoes and you'd be cynical too. :-)

I hope they come through and heck yea on the drinking. at least we're going to have a new president soon so life could be worse.

Red, red wine
    Stay close to me
    Don`t let me be alone
    It`s tearin` apart
    My blue, blue heart
  • Options

I hope they come through and heck yea on the drinking. at least we're going to have a new president soon so life could be worse.

Red, red wine
    Stay close to me
    Don`t let me be alone
    It`s tearin` apart
    My blue, blue heart

Absolutely!!! OBAMA!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146

That sucks!...about not having the movie....not about the kicking party at your place! :p
  • Options
    My package came in Wisconsin so I hope yours is there today too!!! WOOHOO! Good luck.
  • Options
    I still don't have the package. I got an email from TenClub saying there might be a download link, but still have not heard anything else. I advertised some before I realized I wouldn't have a film to show, so I am thinking that if people do come, I will just have free Pizza and I will give away some of my Pearl Jam collection as door prizes. I don't want people to think Pearl Jam doesn't follow though - or that I made it all up :) Anyone else have other ideas?
    ...this crooked heart swells all around...
  • Options
    I still don't have the package. I got an email from TenClub saying there might be a download link, but still have not heard anything else. I advertised some before I realized I wouldn't have a film to show, so I am thinking that if people do come, I will just have free Pizza and I will give away some of my Pearl Jam collection as door prizes. I don't want people to think Pearl Jam doesn't follow though - or that I made it all up :) Anyone else have other ideas?

That sucks, anyway you can hook up your computer to a screen of any decent size and just show the video from the links on the website? I don't even think the whole movie is up there though is it? Sorry man.
  • Options
    That sucks, anyway you can hook up your computer to a screen of any decent size and just show the video from the links on the website? I don't even think the whole movie is up there though is it? Sorry man.

If they get the 3rd part up before my party, then I will definitely try that. Thanks!
  • Options
    My package came in Wisconsin so I hope yours is there today too!!! WOOHOO! Good luck.

oh i'm so glad!

i am worried no one is showing up on long island.....:o
    i AM really surprised that BOTH a NYC and a long island entry got picked. if it were just one or the other, than all the same people would make it. given both chosen, for most, hitting up the city is the easiest. doesn't seem many long islanders were/are interested in a hometown screening, some simply can't make it - illness, babysitters, etc - and perhaps others rather the big city screening. i only put in my entry so our area would have a screening possibility b/c at the time, seemed no one else entered. now, i just feel a bit bad that i got a DVD and i want to share a screening. so i hope at least a few of you manage to make it over, otherwise it'll simply be the dream family cuddled around the digital hearth and waching.......:p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    oh i'm so glad!

i am worried no one is showing up on long island.....:o
    i AM really surprised that BOTH a NYC and a long island entry got picked. if it were just one or the other, than all the same people would make it. given both chosen, for most, hitting up the city is the easiest. doesn't seem many long islanders were/are interested in a hometown screening, some simply can't make it - illness, babysitters, etc - and perhaps others rather the big city screening. i only put in my entry so our area would have a screening possibility b/c at the time, seemed no one else entered. now, i just feel a bit bad that i got a DVD and i want to share a screening. so i hope at least a few of you manage to make it over, otherwise it'll simply be the dream family cuddled around the digital hearth and waching.......:p

Sounds very cozy!

I just got a radio station to pimp for me a bit this afternoon so hopefully I can drum up some non-pit interest, otherwise we are going to have an awfully cozy crowd in a decent sized theater - a couch for every guest!
  • Options
    Sounds very cozy!

I just got a radio station to pimp for me a bit this afternoon so hopefully I can drum up some non-pit interest, otherwise we are going to have an awfully cozy crowd in a decent sized theater - a couch for every guest!

it will be......
    since mine is in my LR, didn't want to 'advertize'...hahaha......just here, amongst friends. as i said, it's mostly b/c it's a weeknight AND there is a seperate NYC gathering. hell, i am in the city right now, i work here...if i wasn't hosting my own, i'd be at the NYC gthering myself. :p normally we are a pretty big group, and sure are to be....in NYC. and hey, i hope there's a GREAT turn-out in the city b/c i know they are doing fundraising and all. i just feel a wee bit guilty having a DVD if there's not much of a screening....eh well, it WILL be cozy! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    4. Contest Winner: part of everywhere

Join Us at Kirkwoods at 2934 North Sheffield (The old Pops For Champagne)

Date: Premiere starts at 7pm on Tuesday, November 4th.

Hope to see you there!
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I'm sad I lost.. How about sending a free t-shirt to all who entered!!! Just thought I'd throw that out there :D
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Well, it's been a roller coaster, but I finally got my package, just 3 and a half hours before I am showing it. I guess they wanted to add a little suspense for a late Halloween...?

Edit: I just opened the package and my poster is torn pretty badly in two places. I don't mind, just surprised. Did that happen to anyone else?
  • Options
    SWEET Bistro won the contest for Memphis. Come party with us at 938 South Cooper (Cooper/Young area)for a screening of the film this Friday, November 7th beginning at 9 pm at the restaurant. We'll run it more than once....No cover, Drink Specials. Will send in pics of event to tenclub, so see you then!
    Eddie...nothing better on this Earth