Options

*** VFC contest winners Post your invitations here!

Comments

• Options
    scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    1. Contest Winner: scrappysattic

E-mail me through either site and let me know if your interested. First location backed out, in the process of tracking down another one.

Location My House: E-mail me if your interested in coming...

Date: Nov. 3, 2008

Time: 7:30
    http://www.myspace.com/scrappysattic

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=530086579&ref=name

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• Options
    Please add this consolidated post to the top:

Rosebud Cinema and Drafthouse
    6823 W. North Ave
    Wauwatosa, WI.

Show time: 9:15 or thereabouts - as soon as previous movie files out, and they clean up the place a tad.

Any and ALL welcome. Suggested 5$ donation to help defray the cost unless I can find some other sort of sponsor. I'm also trying to work on having a representative or at least handouts, etc. from the campaigns there as well.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=50544586536

This is an open event so come in and join up if you are interested so we can get a headcount! Capacity at the Rosebud is 180 people so it will be nice to keep track!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Anyone know how long this movie is going to be?

70-80 minutes...something like that if memory serves.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    70-80 minutes...something like that if memory serves.

PBM

Was this ever posted somewhere? I can't seem to find it.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154

REM had it up on their site last week...I watched it during lunch...so I know it was over an hour.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

When the movie was on the REM website I remember it being about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    hey all!

amazing i won!
    as i am hosting the event at my private residence, i prefer not to post my location on a public message board. :)

however, many of you in the NYC vicinity know me and/or have already been to my home...so do please request details in email or PM. if you are a long islander and would like to attend, do please feel free to PM. i am sure a NYC party or two must've gotten chosen as well if mine has so i am sure many would prefer the more public parties. however, if you want a low-key and local gathering do feel free to request info. my husband did suggest possibly having it a very closeby bar and showing on their big projection screen. if it is at all doable so short notice, that might happen and then i will happily post...but if it remains in my LR, definitely more low-key. :)

as it is right now:
    time 7:30 PM
    location my LR located in nassau county, LI
    thinking a pizza and beer/wine affair...see how many want to join in will determine costs.....but should be fun either way!
    will update if something bigger and public gets arranged.....and still would be walking distance from the LIRR, so easily accessible for locals and others alike.

I'm there! :p
  • Options
    I cannot believe we won!!! Yes! Please come out all Austinites for what will be a great evening.

JO's Hot Coffee on South Congress
    1300 South Congress
    Austin, Texas 78704
    http://www.joscoffee.com
    http://www.myspace.com/joshotcoffee
    Monday, November 3rd @ 7:00

Film starts at 7
    gathering starts at 6:00
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    sennin wrote:
    I'm there! :p

don't even JOKE!
    do you know in my entry your wife got a mention....as we shared the boston kickoff shows before the VFC tour...and the first time we ever met? i said how i wish she could be here for it, but alas lives in seattle...so probably not. :o

you two can even sleep in the poster room!
    :D

it looks like we may actually get a decent # of LIers in attendance. i am still quite shocked we got picked since a *big* NYC gathering got picked as well. definitely cuts down considerably how many will make our small gathering, but hey...still will be fun!

and...
    When the movie was on the REM website I remember it being about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

good to know! thanks! :)
    i was curious about this too, figured it would be no more than 2 hours. surprised it's just a wee bit over an hour, but whateva...still sure to be great to watch and a fun time!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Detroit area winner here...

The screening will be in the clubhouse area of my apartment complex at 7 pm on Monday Nov. 3.

I already have quite a big group of friends coming over, but if you will be in the area and are not attending any other Detroit area winners screenings and would like to attend mine, please send me a PM and I'll see if I can squeeze a few more people in.
  • Options
    I will show it at the University at Buffalo.
    330 Student Union
    6:30pm on Nov 3

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=90928965045

I will go to tightropehigher's event after mine!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=27570059944
  • Options
    Hebes10 wrote:
    I won and will show it at the University at Buffalo.

More details coming soon.

Any idea how they are shipping these?? There is no way I will get this dvd by monday.

HEY!! I am a UB student as well, and got Squeaky Wheels to open for us. I have fliers made and drinks and food ready as well...do you think we should combine forces or do you think that yours can accommodate dorm residents?

tightropehigh@gmail.com please get a hold of me!!! plus it would be nice to befriend a fellow jammer.
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner. By chance if there is anyone who lives in the N. Georgia area (I live in Cumming), I will be showing this on Monday (possibly Sunday?). Moved recently from Boston and hoping there is somehow fans up here. I will mose likely show it in my basement which is equipped w/ all the goodies (bar, theater room, etc.). Post here or email me at jay_mac7@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    To all the winners...

in the e-mail it said winners will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen...

are you guys replying to the e-mail that says you won to verify?

because I got the winning e-mail but I haven't responded...but I'm still holding the screening?
  • Options
    Downtown Milledgeville, GA

BLACKBIRD COFFEE

November 3rd, 2008
    Election Eve
    10pm
    Free Admission

email with questions: jimmy@blackbirdcoffee.com

Facebook Invite: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=37127722126&ref=mf
  • Options
    To all the winners...

in the e-mail it said winners will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen...

because I got the winning e-mail but I haven't responded...but I'm still holding the screening?

I just replied with a "thank you so much." Hopefully that was enough.
    ...this crooked heart swells all around...
  • Options
    I just replied with a "thank you so much." Hopefully that was enough.

My email didn't ask for a reply. What did yours say?
  • Options
    weswood218 wrote:
    My email didn't ask for a reply. What did yours say?

Mine didn't ask for a reply either, but I remembered from the rules that they said winners needed to reply within 24 hours, so I replied just in case.

It seems like if you had to reply, then they would have said that in the email they sent to the winners and not just in the rules...
  • Options
    I didn't respond, but got my stuff just now in the mail:)
  • Options
    weswood218 wrote:
    I didn't respond, but got my stuff just now in the mail:)

AWESOME!!
  • Options
    AWESOME!!

What delivery serivce did they use?
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense."
  • Options
    What delivery serivce did they use?

United States Postal Service.

I won't spoil it, but you will be very thrilled!
    They gave us some cool collectors freebies!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    To all the winners...

i replied.
    yea, the alert email said nothing but i too remembered them saying you needed to respond, so i did. but it sounds like you really don't have to worry about it. :)

and...

weswood218 wrote:
    I didn't respond, but got my stuff just now in the mail

wow, already? may i ask your location? i thought for sure they'd use UPS or fedex...did they do 2-3 day USPS delivery? b/c it could cut it close. i wonder if it'll be awaiting me at home today. ooooooooo...hubby is home sick, now i'll have to call him and see. haha. definitely interested in what *goodies* are included, but no matter what, just even the DVD...cool!

*just called...not there yet. :( hopefully tomorrow! :)
    actually, BETTER be tomorrow, i'd worry if it doesn't arrive until monday......:eek: ack!

***UPDATE: arrived on friday, was delivered seperately, and later, than our regular mail. :) VERY cool!***
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I replied right after I received it. I haven't got it yet but maybe it's at home in my mail box.

Sennin... you better come to my party! Though I know you're going to that show... stop by or something before you leave. You are only up the street. :-D
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    i am in Milledgeville, GA

Its from Six Stair, not TenClub.
    Sent Priority from LA, CA.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner. By chance if there is anyone who lives in the N. Georgia area (I live in Cumming), I will be showing this on Monday (possibly Sunday?). Moved recently from Boston and hoping there is somehow fans up here. I will mose likely show it in my basement which is equipped w/ all the goodies (bar, theater room, etc.). Post here or email me at jay_mac7@hotmail.com.

Very cool. I will try to attend. Can't say for sure yet if i can.

Could you pm me an address so i could get an idea of what part of cumming you are in?

i'm in alpharetta so not too far away.

thanks! :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Did I read that wrong or are there really 3 different parties in Detroit? LOL!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Got my stuff too. Awesome poster and t-shirt!
  • Options
    I just received my package at my door...separate from normal mail....looks like we will be having it at PT Pub on eastern and Horizon Ridge....details should be finalized by Saturday afternoon....I will keep all posted....anyone in the LV area interested email me at [email]ricksteph@cox.net...rb[/email]