Options

*** VFC contest winners Post your invitations here!

Comments

• Options
    Greetings,

Long time fan, first time posting.

Out all of the posted parties, it seems that no one has posted for New England.

A screening will be FREE of charge at our local independent movie theater, Red River Theaters in Concord, NH. The theater is brand new and offers beer and wine with the movie.

Concord is only an hour north of Boston, two hours south of Burlington, and two hours west of Portland, so we would love to have visitors.

Show starts at 8:45

Red River Theaters
    11 S. Main Street
    Concord, NH 03301

Hope to see you there!

http://www.redrivertheatres.org/index.php

http://www.redrivertheatres.org/about_photo_gallery.php
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 788
    Hello. Bend, Oregon winner here. I did not receive my package today in the regular mail. I've been working hard on the planning of this thing, but it is difficult enough to make it as cool as I would want it to be if it were my band or my film with such a short time frame. Without the movie in hand, I feel a little weird about asking people for commitments when I have nothing to back it up. So there it is. We have a space reserved and a bunch of other cool stuff figured out, but until I see the film in the mailbox, I'm just going to lay low on the announcements. I hope all Oregon fans can make it, but I don't want to let any of you down, my neighbors from another hood.
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    i can't believe there are no showings in california! that's wack!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    sweet pictures!!
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    I cannot believe we won!!! Yes! Please come out all Austinites for what will be a great evening.

JO's Hot Coffee on South Congress
    1300 South Congress
    Austin, Texas 78704
    http://www.joscoffee.com
    http://www.myspace.com/joshotcoffee
    Monday, November 3rd @ 7:00

Film starts at 7
    gathering starts at 6:00

Rock on! Anyone else in Austin going to this?
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Rock on! Anyone else in Austin going to this?

I would...but we have one in WACO as well!! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GDietzGDietz Posts: 1
    VFC will be shown in Dubuque, Iowa

Mindframe Theaters
    555 JFK Rd.
    (behind Kennedy Mall)
    Dubuque, Iowa

Nov. 3 2008
    Show starts at 7pm
    Free admission

Theater serves beer and wine from a local winery.
    Hope to see all you Pearl Jam fans from the Tri-States!
  • Options
    8 pm on Monday at Gone Wired Cafe: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ev...id=42470137358

I'm hosting this event, so if you have a question/comment, fire away. Might also show "Slacker Uprising" if there's interest after VFC?
  • Options
    My mail just came and still no package. My mail comes between 4 and 6 on Mondays and the party starts at 8:00, but I am supposed to be there at 6:30. Isn't that pushing it a little...? Anyone else not have their package yet?
    ...this crooked heart swells all around...
  • Options
    Hello all,

I just received the package and it's going to be an election eve to remember. We will be showing the film in the parking lot on a huge screen with a big PA system. Independence Brewery is helping us by serving some of the tastiest beer in town. Come early and stay late.

Thanks

"the waiting drove me mad"
  • Options
    Hello all,

I just received the package and it's going to be an election eve to remember. We will be showing the film in the parking lot on a huge screen with a big PA system. Independence Brewery is helping us by serving some of the tastiest beer in town. Come early and stay late.

Thanks

"the waiting drove me mad"

I guess if I don't get mine on Monday I could send people your way...it is only 1.5 hours...
  • Options
    I still haven't received the package and it's Saturday. :-( Should I be worried?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    I see that Easy street is having a screening on that night too. :( Guess no one told me. So if I don't get the dvd, I guess I'll have to cancel my party. Can't compete with that.
  • Options
    I still haven't received the package and it's Saturday. :-( Should I be worried?

After the person from Georgia posted yesterday that she had gotten the stuff I thought no problem for today then. I just checked the mail - nothing. So I'm totally worried now. I fired off a quick email to tenclub but I don't know what they are going to have to say. UGH... I need to know if I need to cancel my theatre rental! Yuck. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.
  • Options
    Still nothing here in Oregon either. I will not leave it to chance with a 100 people coming on Monday and expenses for beer and food etc. Is it just me, or does this seem very disorganized? Who sends something important with a time specific delivery need US Mail anyway? The contest seemed like a really cool idea, but now I'm looking like the asshole who has to call everyone I talked it up to and cancel.
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:
    Still nothing here in Oregon either. I will not leave it to chance with a 100 people coming on Monday and expenses for beer and food etc. Is it just me, or does this seem very disorganized? Who sends something important with a time specific delivery need US Mail anyway? The contest seemed like a really cool idea, but now I'm looking like the asshole who has to call everyone I talked it up to and cancel.

I just got an email from a local DJ that he will pass on the word about the screening, but since I still don't have the DVD, I'm thinking I should cancel all together...? Wish Ten Club or somebody would email us back!
  • Options
    I just got an email from a local DJ that he will pass on the word about the screening, but since I still don't have the DVD, I'm thinking I should cancel all together...? Wish Ten Club or somebody would email us back!

But this is certainly turning into "The Suck" I guess I'm going to hold out until Monday to let everyone throw their pie at me. I think the USPS mailing was a bad idea as well... Should've been overnight or 2 day FedEx or any other option.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    is anyone in philly hosting a screening ???
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    as of right now only 18 people have posted locations. i didn't expect all 50 winners to be pit members but i would have expected at least 35-40. Where are all the other winners???
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    as of right now only 18 people have posted locations. i didn't expect all 50 winners to be pit members but i would have expected at least 35-40. Where are all the other winners???

Great question. Seeing as how their are 3 in Detroit posted but only 1 New England location, I'm kinda bumming. Hopefully someone will have some good news in the next 20 or so hours.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    But this is certainly turning into "The Suck" I guess I'm going to hold out until Monday to let everyone throw their pie at me. I think the USPS mailing was a bad idea as well... Should've been overnight or 2 day FedEx or any other option.

I am farther from CA than you are so you would figure that you would have gotten yours before me. I got mine Friday.

Also, you say you got an e-mail confirming that you won? I didn't. I wonder how many people got e-mail confirmation of their win?
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    Well, I'm sorry my message pit brethren are the last to know, but believe me when I say you're not far behind me...

Word on the street is that our DVD should be here via airplane tomorrow afternoon. That means that...

51. (oh, make that 61) Contest Winner: mdgsolo

The Poet House Gallery, 856 nw bond street, suite 2
    http://www.tbdloft.com/poethouse.php

Date: Nov. 3, 2008

Time: Screening at 6:30, Doors at 6:00

No Show DVD, Late DVD, Have to Change Venue Because I Have No DVD to Screen DVD, Damaged DVD, Expensive DVD, Air Freight Direct to an Airport Will Pick Up in Nearest City at 1:30 Day of Event So I Can Race Back Here in Time DVD- we're gonna be OK. Come celebrate the momentous achievement that I've been working on for the past four days straight if nothing else! It should be good, and if you come because you saw it here, please make a special effort to let us know. Your attendance is amazing to me!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Detroit gets three and the entire state of California doesn't get shit??? Yeah, that's real fair :(

Yeah, EXACTLY! I'm totally confused about this whole thing. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :confused:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Hey guys!

Anyone in the New England area come and join us for the screening. It should be awesome! Here are the details:

Who: YOU!!

What: A screening to be remembered

When: 6:30pm tonight, Monday, November 3rd (Election Day Eve)

Where: Corbett Hall (rm 100) at the University of Maine in Orono
    (Space is limited, so if you are interested come early.)

Why: Because it is newly released Pearl Jam video, that's why!

*Feel free to email me with any questions at karahay@hotmail.com
  • Options
    mdgsolo wrote:
    Well, I'm sorry my message pit brethren are the last to know, but believe me when I say you're not far behind me...

Word on the street is that our DVD should be here via airplane tomorrow afternoon. That means that...

51. (oh, make that 61) Contest Winner: mdgsolo

The Poet House Gallery, 856 nw bond street, suite 2
    http://www.tbdloft.com/poethouse.php

Date: Nov. 3, 2008

Time: Screening at 6:30, Doors at 6:00

No Show DVD, Late DVD, Have to Change Venue Because I Have No DVD to Screen DVD, Damaged DVD, Expensive DVD, Air Freight Direct to an Airport Will Pick Up in Nearest City at 1:30 Day of Event So I Can Race Back Here in Time DVD- we're gonna be OK. Come celebrate the momentous achievement that I've been working on for the past four days straight if nothing else! It should be good, and if you come because you saw it here, please make a special effort to let us know. Your attendance is amazing to me!

How'd you swing that? I'm still hoping that mine comes in the mail today...
  • Options
    Who has the biggest party planned and are you guys doing other activities as well?

I think I've got in the area of 25-30 that I know about and then a lot of other advertising that will hopefully bring in more people as well. As far as other stuff going on, not much. Hopefully going to pick up some campaign oriented materials this afternoon to have available...
  • Options
    Well to say I'm disappointed is an under statement. :-( The Ten Club emailed me something about maybe having a downloadable link. That doesn't really help me since the party was supposed to be after work today. Guess even though I was chosen to be a winner, I don't get the package everyone else got either? Really bummed I have to cancel my party. But at least everyone can go up to East Street.
  • Options
    Well to say I'm disappointed is an under statement. :-( The Ten Club emailed me something about maybe having a downloadable link. That doesn't really help me since the party was supposed to be after work today. Guess even though I was chosen to be a winner, I don't get the package everyone else got either? Really bummed I have to cancel my party. But at least everyone can go up to East Street.

Did they say for sure that you wouldn't be getting your package then or what? Do they just not know? I still don't have mine either and I'm super bummed but holding out hope... are you telling me I should crush my hope?

What did you email tenclub?
  • Options
    Did they say for sure that you wouldn't be getting your package then or what? Do they just not know? I still don't have mine either and I'm super bummed but holding out hope... are you telling me I should crush my hope?

What did you email tenclub?

Well for me, I don't see the point. Right after I posted about my party, East Street Records posted up a big party DVD screening. So they obviously already have the DVD and have decided to host a party tonight. Why would anyone want to come to my party when they can go to Easy Street (10 mins from me). I have to work today so I can't just throw something together on the off chance that it might be there when I get home from work. People need to be able to plan for things and I can't do it all last min. Ten Club emailed about how I might get a downloadable link... I might... So no guarantee on that either. It's going to take some time to download that DVD anyway and I don't get home until 5 pm, so there's really no time to do it. (I e-mailed asking why I have not received the DVD and all they said was you might get a link)

:(
  • Options
    Well for me, I don't see the point. Right after I posted about my party, East Street Records posted up a big party DVD screening. So they obviously already have the DVD and have decided to host a party tonight. Why would anyone want to come to my party when they can go to Easy Street (10 mins from me). I have to work today so I can't just throw something together on the off chance that it might be there when I get home from work. People need to be able to plan for things and I can't do it all last min. Ten Club emailed about how I might get a downloadable link... I might... So no guarantee on that either. It's going to take some time to download that DVD anyway and I don't get home until 5 pm, so there's really no time to do it. (I e-mailed asking why I have not received the DVD and all they said was you might get a link)

:(

Did you ask them about the goodie bag? Are you just going to go to Easystreet now? Sorry it worked out this way for you... I'm pretty much in the same bag. I was just jacked about this last Wednesday and now I'm sort of in the dumps about it. I'd at least like to get the package, even if it is late....