Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    try a half a pot of chuck-full-o-nuts

the hazelnut is especially tasty.

Zzzzip! :eek:

that'll do it. chipper = wired :eek:
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • hey Bath, where does your sn come from anyway? Were you involved in a presidential scandal? What I'm getting at is... are you Deep Throat?

just tryin to kill some time here
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Ok, serious question.

I sent a msg to someone on EB about their 06 Portugal Klausen (shark) print.

I have a 00 Ames Philly, 03 Cleveland, and 06 Toronto s/n subscrip print that was in their "wanted".

The response was they want both my 00 Ames Philly and 03 Cleveland. I think this is pretty steep for a print that came out 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have opinions on this offer? I have a couple extras of the 00/03 prints, so it's no real sweat off me. I just think these Klausen's are so overvalued, it's starting to get insane.

To me, the older the print is, the harder it is to find. People seem to be just jumping on Klausen with the intention of flipping, or overvalue their Klausen in a trade.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Ok, serious question.

I have a 00 Ames Philly, 03 Cleveland, and 06 Toronto s/n subscrip print that was in their "wanted".

The response was they want both my 00 Ames Philly and 03 Cleveland. I think this is pretty steep for a print that came out 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have opinions on this offer? I have a couple extras of the 00/03 prints, so it's no real sweat off me. I just think these Klausen's are so overvalued, it's starting to get insane.

To me, the older the print is, the harder it is to find. People seem to be just jumping on Klausen with the intention of flipping, or overvalue their Klausen in a trade.

I wouldn't go for that trade. I think the Klausen posters will eventually come down in value. I think people are just getting greedy...several people sent me an offer of this Klausen for my WPB 98...they're just stupid
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    benJAMin wrote:
    hey Bath, where does your sn come from anyway? Were you involved in a presidential scandal? What I'm getting at is... are you Deep Throat?

just tryin to kill some time here

no deep throat here, dude. That sounds like a round about homosexual reference ( not that theres anything wrong with that ) - just not applicable in my case.

shall i really bore people with the story ? :confused:

actually , its not realy too difficult to find/figure out ,....something in my signature is a hint
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Ok, serious question.

you wouldnt want to reveal the screenname of this person- would you ?
    I only ask because many of us regulars here in this thread have encountered similiar " trade proposals " -all from the same individual - who is now infamous within our circle for jacking up trades, asking for more after an agreemment, and basically asking for everything and the kitchen sink- in one sided , unfair and unrealistic trade proposals.

Of course, if you felt funny, feel free to PM me-

i bet i could guess this screenname .

as far as your " trade " :rolleyes:--- Have patience . You will be kicking yourself and very depressed you gave up so much, for a poster that may be potentially put up for sale ( in fact likely ) on the 10C site.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    I only ask because many of us regulars here in this thread have encountered similiar " trade proposals " -all from the same individual - who is now infamous within our circle for jacking up trades, asking for more after an agreemment, and basically asking for everything and the kitchen sink- in one sided , unfair and unrealistic trade proposals.

as far as your " trade " :rolleyes:--- Have patience . You will be kicking yourself and very depressed you gave up so much, for a poster that may be potentially put up for sale ( in fact likely ) on the 10C site.

i agree with bath. 10c will be selling them, most likely. $25 is a good deal, not two older posters.
    wheres bostonlou today.

hope his wifey didnt find his credit card receipts ! :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    she's aware of the 2 sub purchases... and frequently reminds me of the $1500 sitting in a box downstairs

good thing she doesn't know the true $ inside the box is like over $3000 spent... oops
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    she's aware of the 2 sub purchases... and frequently reminds me of the $1500 sitting in a box downstairs

good thing she doesn't know the true $ inside the box is like over $3000 spent... oops
    d ' oh !

there he is !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Cool, Philly I is next up, tomorrow.
    benJAMin wrote:
    Cool, Philly I is next up, tomorrow.

:confused:

did i miss the announcement somewhere ?

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

OK

all these poster threads starting to screw me around.

this is the flock of seaguls, right ?

i guess its a good thing when they clear the trash out of the way before the treasures !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Santos posted a new thread announcing it, tomorrow at 6pm Pacific.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    this is the flock of seaguls, right ?

No, I believe this is the ship, not the birds.
    benJAMin wrote:
    No, I believe this is the ship, not the birds.

yeah- you are correct.
    all of my anticipation has gotten my wires crossed.

boston whale
    pirates ship

hmmmm

wonder whats next . perhaps theyll do all of ames first, then the klausens .
    iwish we had a schedule of sales/ dates/cities. looks like the times will be the same- which is a good thing and fair for everyone. Of course, there will always be people complaining and not happy.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Holy crappers...this is what I get for not logging in here for a few days. About a half hour trying to wade through something like 13 pages of new posts.

Lou - that better not the be the Whale that I hooked you up with going up on your bathroom wall. And you definitely need to ressurect (sp?) the BostonLou original prints over at Artpad.

Bath - It may be just the way that I'm interpreting it, but it seems to me that the poster sales are going in order, but that they started with Boston. I took that to mean that Toronto 1, 2 and Albany will not be in the sale. But hey, who knows?

The rest of y'all - greetings.

Other things:

That France CCFA poster looks awesome.

My 'What was I thinking?' concert list includes:
    -Huey Lewis and the News (x2)
    -Lilith Fair (I went with a bunch of girls, who was I to say no?)
    -The Nylons (if you know who these guys are, 10 points to you)
  • hip_n_jam wrote:
    My 'What was I thinking?' concert list includes:
    -Huey Lewis and the News (x2)
    -Lilith Fair (I went with a bunch of girls, who was I to say no?)
    -The Nylons (if you know who these guys are, 10 points to you)

huey lewis would have been suite, i bet.

thats the power of love!
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    Holy crappers...this is what I get for not logging in here for a few days. About a half hour trying to wade through something like 13 pages of new posts.

Lou - that better not the be the Whale that I hooked you up with going up on your bathroom wall. And you definitely need to ressurect (sp?) the BostonLou original prints over at Artpad.

don't worry... i sold that one to my buddy and his wife used it to line the cat box

i would never put it on my bathroom wall :)
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    Bath - It may be just the way that I'm interpreting it, but it seems to me that the poster sales are going in order, but that they started with Boston. I took that to mean that Toronto 1, 2 and Albany will not be in the sale. But hey, who knows?

my understanding is that the entire first leg will all go up for sale ( at some point ) - just in random order.

piece.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

This guys screenname was "jotanar". From the msg, it sounds like he might be overseas too, which would really dampen the trade for me.

I agree though, the Klausens haven't even been sold by 10C yet (not that I will get one). Even so, I think a 1 for 1 on a 2000 or 03 print is fair for a new print like that.

I think I'll pass, but thanks for the replies.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
    This guys screenname was "jotanar". From the msg, it sounds like he might be overseas too, which would really dampen the trade for me.

I agree though, the Klausens haven't even been sold by 10C yet (not that I will get one). Even so, I think a 1 for 1 on a 2000 or 03 print is fair for a new print like that.

I think I'll pass, but thanks for the replies.

he offered me a klausen spain for $175

it's crazy to do a trade now... the price will come down plus you will have the opportunity to buy

and even if you don't... someone who buys one for $25 is likely going to flip it and the $175 won't hold up in the long run
    bostonlou wrote:
    it's crazy to do a trade now... the price will come down plus you will have the opportunity to buy

so i'll be able to snag my Ames 1996 San Sebastian / Barcelona ?

awesome !

and just to clarify- what section will these be under ? :confused: I just went to the " goods " section- but i dont see any posters there,.....:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    just found an Italy poster

http://artpad.art.com/?j5l9rulwzpc

kind of nice
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so i'll be able to snag my Ames 1996 San Sebastian / Barcelona ?

awesome !

and just to clarify- what section will these be under ? :confused: I just went to the " goods " section- but i dont see any posters there,.....:confused:

someday people will listen to santos... he clearly said the Specials section

geez

:)
  • bostonlou wrote:

kind of nice

That was 2 mins of my life I'll never get back ;) That actually was kinda cool.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    That was 2 mins of my life I'll never get back ;) That actually was kinda cool.

sorry you couldn't figure out how to speed it up ...

go black and yellow!!

:)
  • huey lewis would have been suite, i bet.

thats the power of love!

Indeed it was. Both times.

Plus, the first time, Alan Frew opened (he was/is the lead singer of Glass Tiger).
  • bostonlou wrote:

kind of nice

Well done Lou. Pretty cool.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    my understanding is that the entire first leg will all go up for sale ( at some point ) - just in random order.

piece.

Yeah, you may be right. Like I said, it was just the way I interpreted it. Time will tell!