Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    Supposebly tonights Bologna Italy poster is a multi- colored butterfly with the Italian translation for " Worldwide Suicide " .

Is this poster the one included with the Ames Euro sub - or is it another case of all the Italian cities getting the same poster ? :confused:

tanks

i hope this is part of the sub. it sounds like this one has some potential.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    benJAMin wrote:
    Strange. Anyone else over here experience the weird situation where the icon never came up? I had to open up a new window in IE to even be able to see the poster, and had missed it by then. Anyone else have luck over here, or the same troubles?

alltho i did not see an image of the poster, there was definitely some data above the Place / Date Book . If you clicked on that , it still opened up the buy button option ( and still no image ) .

and as an innocent bystander- looking at some of the other poster threads ( too many from my account ) there is a whole lotta crying and discension going on. This was one of the hot ones, for sure .
    And as a general , blanket statement, of all the not so happy people calling for Pearl Jam and the 10C heads , i would guess that 90 % of them have under 10 posts, and many of those actually posting for their very first time.
    Even with all the madness the last time around, i do not remember all this bellyaching . Is it just me ?

I hope everyone got what they wanted, or that you all can find it thru trades . There are some really great people on here- im sure they can help some people make this happen .

See yous all on Mon / Tuesday !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    alltho i did not see an image of the poster, there was definitely some data above the Place / Date Book . If you clicked on that , it still opened up the buy button option ( and still no image ) .

and as an innocent bystander- looking at some of the other poster threads ( too many from my account ) there is a whole lotta crying and discension going on. This was one of the hot ones, for sure .
    And as a general , blanket statement, of all the not so happy people calling for Pearl Jam and the 10C heads , i would guess that 90 % of them have under 10 posts, and many of those actually posting for their very first time.
    Even with all the madness the last time around, i do not remember all this bellyaching . Is it just me ?

I hope everyone got what they wanted, or that you all can find it thru trades . There are some really great people on here- im sure they can help some people make this happen .

Thank you for the reality check. Got shut out on Boston, but got one tonight. :)! I wonder how many new members since the poster sale was announced....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    NO POSTERS WILL BE SOLD FRIDAY 9/15/06, SATURDAY 9/16/06, SUNDAY 9/17/06, OR MONDAY 9/18/06. STAY TUNED.
    thanks! Have a great night and a better weekend. see you next week!
    slh

this was perhaps the most painful thing, for me, about tonight.

Jonesing for posters and now we've got to wait till tuesday. :eek:

oh well, something to look forward to,...
    platessmall.jpg
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Thank you for the reality check. Got shut out on Boston, but got one tonight. :)! I wonder how many new members since the poster sale was announced....

its unfortunate that no matter how much the 10C does for us, there will always be people that are not happy.
    When you have 20,000 people going for 500, even 1000 posters, and they tell us beforehand that they are limited , there will inevitabley be people shut out. Its supply and demand , and the fact that the poster craze is increasing by the day ( or so it seems )- and more fans jumping on board to compete with for those limited items.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    its unfortunate that no matter how much the 10C does for us, there will always be people that are not happy.
    When you have 20,000 people going for 500, even 1000 posters, and they tell us beforehand that they are limited , there will inevitabley be people shut out. Its supply and demand , and the fact that the poster craze is increasing by the day ( or so it seems )- and more fans jumping on board to compete with for those limited items.
    Hey, Bath, when it's any other situation I am totally with you. But then there are times that there isn't even a fair shot for everyone involved to attempt. Obviously we weren't all going to get them. I doubt they had more than a couple dozen. All I wanted was the link to show up! That's all I was looking for. The CHANCE.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Not to be a jerk but I am one of those with only a few posts and no I am not calling for the 10club's head. The Uro in my name stands for urologist. I have a career. I don't have time to hang around on message boards and wax philosophical about PJ. That doesn't make me less of a fan or less deserving of the opportunity to buy a poster. Note that I said opportunity because tonight I didn't have one.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Hey, Bath, when it's any other situation I am totally with you. But then there are times that there isn't even a fair shot for everyone involved to attempt. Obviously we weren't all going to get them. I doubt they had more than a couple dozen. All I wanted was the link to show up! That's all I was looking for. The CHANCE.

sorry you didnt get the chance, 13PJ13 .

im sure after all the smoke settles from the Leg 1 sales, everyone will be able to get the poster they are searching for thru trades or the kindness of fellow Message Pit Members. The prices will also subsequently start to drop down also as they become more available .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    sorry you didnt get the chance, 13PJ13 .

im sure after all the smoke settles from the Leg 1 sales, everyone will be able to get the poster they are searching for thru trades or the kindness of fellow Message Pit Members. The prices will also subsequently start to drop down also as they become more available .
    Yeah, I hope you're right. This wasn't even for me. It was for a friend who was with us that night, and the only one of us to not get a poster. We were all trying to help him, and all got fucked. That is why I was so upset. I hope to calm down soon and go to bed...
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

My apologize for not posting often enough for all of you. I did not know that was a pre requisite for being a fan thanks for the head up
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Yes, but we pay for our membership to a get a chance at things like this, not to have technical glitches fuck up the experience. The truth is, if the link had even shown up for me tonight, I clicked it and I was shut out, I wouldn't be griping. But when a stupid technical glitch prevents a lot of people from even participating, I say screw the whole "not for resell" thing and just send us to the Bay.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    So, has anyone seen Italy's poster yet? AT least I don't have to go to the Bay for that one. Got a sub, unless 10c finds a way to screw that up, too.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Yeah, there are a lot of people upset over it. And there always are. But something was different tonight. I was lucky enough to score Wednesday night's poster, just like I have been for every other poster sale and for tickets, etc. Trust me, nothing was different tonight on my end of it. And it sounds like it happened to A LOT of people. Maybe it was some combination of things (signed in before 9pm, clicked specials over 50 consecutive times, only clicked specials and not the refresh button, whatever) that led to the problem, and we'll never know what the deal was. I'd be happy to buy the poster because it was sweet, but I didn't need it at all. Its just scary to think that when the time comes to grab a poster of a show I attended, the icon might not appear because of something strange that is out of my control. And it sucks for the people who were really after this poster, for whatever reason, and didn't even get the chance because of something out of their control. I'll be happy to take my chances against an even playing field, and if I miss out, life goes on. But I'll be leery of missing something in the future because of a glitch/system control/program that didn't give everyone a fair shake of it.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
    i got id wrote:
    i hope this is part of the sub. it sounds like this one has some potential.

It's part of the sub.
  • benJAMin wrote:
    I'll be leery of missing something in the future because of a glitch/system control/program that didn't give everyone a fair shake of it.

That's exactly how I feel.... And I just want to say that even though I was complaining on this thread, I know that there are A LOT of really cool people on this board! Reading posts on this message board is the highlight of my day, (yes, maybe that's sad), so I don't mean to knock it completely, I'm just frustrated that it seemed like a strange technical glitch tonight that meant that some of us didn't even get a fair shot at it.
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Yes, but we pay for our membership to a get a chance at things like this, not to have technical glitches fuck up the experience. The truth is, if the link had even shown up for me tonight, I clicked it and I was shut out, I wouldn't be griping. But when a stupid technical glitch prevents a lot of people from even participating, I say screw the whole "not for resell" thing and just send us to the Bay.

benJAMin wrote:
    But I'll be leery of missing something in the future because of a glitch/system control/program that didn't give everyone a fair shake of it.

absolutely
    i totally agree with both you fellas, and also 13PJ13 .
    If there is a glitch, especially after the site has been revamped thrice already - and the server still couldnt handle the volume- its bad for all of us members [/b]. When the time comes for the poster that we want to come up and the system is glitched then again-- that is absolutely a bad thing , for all of us .

Conversely, if the system is glitched for some , and not others- then thats just crazy. I'm guessing everyone was up against the glitches and on an equal plane if the system was indeed faulty,. and it was only luck that determined if you got one or not .
    platessmall.jpg
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    It's part of the sub.

have you seen an image yet ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • benJAMin wrote:
    Yeah, there are a lot of people upset over it. And there always are. But something was different tonight. I was lucky enough to score Wednesday night's poster, just like I have been for every other poster sale and for tickets, etc. Trust me, nothing was different tonight on my end of it. And it sounds like it happened to A LOT of people. Maybe it was some combination of things (signed in before 9pm, clicked specials over 50 consecutive times, only clicked specials and not the refresh button, whatever) that led to the problem, and we'll never know what the deal was. I'd be happy to buy the poster because it was sweet, but I didn't need it at all. Its just scary to think that when the time comes to grab a poster of a show I attended, the icon might not appear because of something strange that is out of my control. And it sucks for the people who were really after this poster, for whatever reason, and didn't even get the chance because of something out of their control. I'll be happy to take my chances against an even playing field, and if I miss out, life goes on. But I'll be leery of missing something in the future because of a glitch/system control/program that didn't give everyone a fair shake of it.

Thank YOu that is what I am saying I would not be so upset if I missed out because I was too slow but I, like many others did not see the link
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    absolutely
    i totally agree with both you fellas, and also 13PJ13 .
    If there is a glitch, especially after the site has been revamped thrice already - and the server still couldnt handle the volume- its bad for all of us members [/b]. When the time comes for the poster that we want to come up and the system is glitched then again-- that is absolutely a bad thing , for all of us .

Conversely, if the system is glitched for some , and not others- then thats just crazy. I'm guessing everyone was up against the glitches and on an equal plane if the system was indeed faulty,. and it was only luck that determined if you got one or not .

Luck!!! What is luck?? I dont have any of that!!!!!!!!
  • Blame those who refreshed their browsers multiple times for flooding the server.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i have a few more than 10 posts ;)

last time a broadcast email wasn't sent so the whole world wasn't trying for these posters... that's why the whining has increased

i don't want anyone's head... that's for sure

and whoever said 20,000 people going for 300 posters made a good point

clicking buy and getting an error is one thing... not even seeing the item pop up is another... seemed like a glitch

it is what it is... i wish there was less bitching here but i'm a dreamer ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • bicyclejoe wrote:

what technical glitch? i never saw an image but the link was there and worked. after i purchased mine i went back too look at the link again and it was sold out. about 2 minutes and they were all gone.

how about trying to pick up a DC and trade someone for the poster you do want. I had the same issues as everyone else but was lucky enough to get one. I've missed plenty others in the past and have never complained. How about trying to straighten out the situation of purchasing them at venues? (hey ninersfan the f*@king sign says 1 per person not 10)
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

is it me or is the person holding 3 posters in that first pic?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    lamperti77 wrote:
    is it me or is the person holding 3 posters in that first pic?

Great eyes lamperti77 !

i didnt notice that when i saw it at 7: 10 am this morning .

hey i'm over here in nyc- thats not me . !

maybe thats a ninersfan agent ?

I'll be devils advocate and say that maybe he needs them for trades and not flipping- but whoever really knows. :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Great eyes lamperti77 !

I'll be devils advocate and say that maybe he needs them for trades and not flipping- but whoever really knows. :confused:

yeah... everyone's a trader... not a flipper

if anyone ever tried to "trade" tickets to a show for their market value there would be an uproar by the nerd herd

let's all just accept the current poster world

kumbaya everyone... on 3

ahh f it... nevermind :)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Great eyes lamperti77 !

i don't think ninersfan has agents abroad, he and his cronies probably made the trip over themselves what with all the money they made flipping posters.
    bostonlou wrote:
    i have a few more than 10 posts ;)

last time a broadcast email wasn't sent so the whole world wasn't trying for these posters... that's why the whining has increased

i don't want anyone's head... that's for sure

and whoever said 20,000 people going for 300 posters made a good point

clicking buy and getting an error is one thing... not even seeing the item pop up is another... seemed like a glitch

it is what it is... i wish there was less bitching here but i'm a dreamer ;)

this wasnt directed at you lou

sorry you never saw the link and couldnt get a poster .

( even tho you did start a dedictaed thread to the cause ;) )

but seriously- go thru the threads again ( i know you have at least once already ) and marvel at home many Ghosts are bitching , moaning, crying , blasting , flaming and probably pissing too .
    Then they retort with " why am i lesser of a fan then you " or " ive been a fan since 1991 , blah blah blah blah " .

Its just not a good to start off on a negative spin and blast the 10C .
    We all know how much they do for us , We have all benefited from them at one time or another .
    If there is/was a glitch- then they will get to it , and find it , then repair it . But these conspiracy theories of filtering some members in and some members out , is just bunk .
    platessmall.jpg
    my gosh

i think i need to stay away from the " Posters ! " thread at the top started by rubysdad .

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • lamperti77 wrote:
    what technical glitch?

Yes, there were a lot of people that did not have a problem viewing the link. But for a couple hundred people (maybe more maybe less) the link never appeared in the process at all, photo or text. And not because they have horrible operating skills, but because of something out of their control.

lamperti77 wrote:
    I've missed plenty others in the past and have never complained.

There has been a ton of complaining before, and there always will be when people miss out. The majority of the complaining this time is stemming from the fact that not everyone had a CHANCE at getting it. You can't complain if the link appears and you're not quick enough to score one. But I raise an eyebrow at the idea of not everyone even getting a link in the first place when others did, because then you're operating on an uneven playing field. Again, I'll continue to be able to breathe without the Philly poster, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to buy one. Just be sure everyone HAS the opportunity.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue