Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this wasnt directed at you lou

sorry you never saw the link and couldnt get a poster .

( even tho you did start a dedictaed thread to the cause ;) )

but seriously- go thru the threads again ( i know you have at least once already ) and marvel at home many Ghosts are bitching , moaning, crying , blasting , flaming and probably pissing too .
    Then they retort with " why am i lesser of a fan then you " or " ive been a fan since 1991 , blah blah blah blah " .

Its just not a good to start off on a negative spin and blast the 10C .
    We all know how much they do for us , We have all benefited from them at one time or another .
    If there is/was a glitch- then they will get to it , and find it , then repair it . But these conspiracy theories of filtering some members in and some members out , is just bunk .

no need for sorry

i avoid the ghosts as much as possible... i really don't like the fact that the 10 club sent out that email to everyone

sure it makes it "fair"... but not to those of us who have nothing better to do than wait around for santos

i don't think i've blasted the 10 club ... i assume you're referring to the ghosts

and what do you mean if there was a glitch? you callin me a liar?? ;)

i figure the 10 club will ask their technical people to look into the issue but it's not like everyone was shut out

they put up a high demand item and it sold out... it's really not a "problem" from their point of view

as for conspiracy... i don't think they'd take the time to program in stuff like that just because i have a big mouth :)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    how many of these people would you guess were just too slow, and are now subsequently saying they never saw the link

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    how many of these people would you guess were just too slow, and are now subsequently saying they never saw the link

:confused:

there probably was a glitch. i don't think someone like lou was too slow. it is odd that some people had the link and others did not.

it is odd that a website link would appear for some and not others though. it seems like these sold out in under 2 minutes though, for those who had the link.
  • how many posters does 10C sell in these sales? I'm sure they keep some for some unforseen mystery sale. Just curious how many posters they sold in those quick 2 minutes.

now i know i don't have over 3745 (Bath) or 7879 (Lou) posts but I do enjoy seeing the a ghost's 14th post was used to accuse employees of being the only ones who snagged on of those beauties yesterday. I wonder what inaccurate information the previous 13 complaints, i mean posts, were about.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    Bathgate66 wrote:

back to basics & the subject at hand

i am really liking this poster. Fellas ?

& Poncier scared me over at the other thread- i can totally see the 10C ceasing all posters sales for the unforseeable future, no dubt .
    platessmall.jpg
    lamperti77 wrote:
    how many posters does 10C sell in these sales? I'm sure they keep some for some unforseen mystery sale. Just curious how many posters they sold in those quick 2 minutes.

this is unknown .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

& Poncier scared me over at the other thread- i can totally see the 10C ceasing all posters sales for the unforseeable future, no dubt .

i thinks its an awesome poster bath, best of the euro sub for sure. it would be a helluva lot better with some more color in the background, blue or red perhaps, but i'll take what i get from ames these days.

-d.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

Reminds me of the SF Posters, but this one was given more thought...Didn't realized it also forms a butterfly until I saw the thumbnail at EB. Nice use of Gestalt.
  • I am glad I am not into the 10C poster madness this time. I decided not to buy non-s/n poster anymore....

By the way, if anyone wants to trade S/N poster for any NA 05 tour (except gorge and Borgota) pm me. I can combine multiple posters for 1 S/N.
    there probably was a glitch. i don't think someone like lou was too slow. it is odd that some people had the link and others did not.

it is odd that a website link would appear for some and not others though. it seems like these sold out in under 2 minutes though, for those who had the link.

i was on and clicking at like 3 minutes of... rushed in from dinner... tonight we'll probably be talking divorce at the dinner table ;)

what i did
    launched IE
    typed in pearljam.com/goods (figured this was quicker and direct)
    clicked on specials... nothing
    opened up msg pit... looked for news... nothing
    checked pit... saw people buying them
    kicked my cat
    etc....

bath you're probably right... peopel are just bitching now to bitch hoping they will get compensated somehow... it's time like this that i'm glad the Ten Club ignores the whining (to a degree) and just goes about it's business

ending posters sales isn't the solution... so be quiet Ponc ;)
    I am glad I am not into the 10C poster madness this time. I decided not to buy non-s/n poster anymore....

By the way, if anyone wants to trade S/N poster for any NA 05 tour (except gorge and Borgota) pm me. I can combine multiple posters for 1 S/N.

how about 06 s/n ... you know you want some of those

i picture you as an east rutherford kind of guy

or maybe a grand rapids?

noo.... i know... Philly 2... you like birds and planes don't you Ron?

or maybe you're a surfer type?? San Diego?? Scholars maintain is was named by the Germans

anyway... my point is that if anyone is looking for a s/n poster from leg 1 or 2... PM me... I'm selling
    if anyone feels down, for a lift-me-up, go read the last page or so of the " posters ! " thread at the top.

its rather amusing.

some of these people are as sharp as a bowling ball.

maybe they have been eating some of that bad spinach out there ?

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    if anyone feels down, for a lift-me-up, go read the last page or so of the " posters ! " thread at the top.

its rather amusing.

some of these people are as sharp as a bowling ball.

maybe they have been eating some of that bad spinach out there ?

:rolleyes:

i especially enjoyed the nickelback comment. got a good chuckle.

Hey Lou! How's the cat? A few cracked ribs? Did in land on all fours?
  • bostonlou wrote:
    kicked my cat

etc....

Heh.

I had no idea this happened until I came to the message board today. I logged on last night at 7, it wasn't there, I closed out, reopened, logged back in, and it was there. Done and done. Much easier than Boston, where I had the "page cannot be displayed" message, kept trying frantically, and now have about $800 in check card holds still pending in my bank account.
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    BostonLou, I would say about 6,958 of your posts have been sublime and provided me with great amusement. The Dolphin, though, was just wrong.

It is for this reason that I am willing to either sell for face value ($32.50 w/ S&H included) or trade the Philly I poster . I purchased the poster for my brother who no longer is in need as he was also able to get one last night.

Please PM me if you are interested.

It is my random act of kindness...
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

I really like this poster as well....the French one also has grown on me, especially now that I've seen the full color image. So this makes the lion one the only one I don't like out of the sub.

I still sort of wish I would have just spent this money on the Ben Harper EMEK and something else....but I'm fairly happy with this. i hope klausen offers a sub (i'm assuming he's doing the other shows like Greece and Croatia)?
  • Hi folks,

I was wondering when the Philly Poster goes on sale? I really like it alot. I really want one. Also when will they be selling the Leg II posters. I want them all. Do you think they'll be selling the European Leg any time soon.

Thanks!

(before anyone starts getting all bent out of shape. I'm kidding)
  • jcfranz wrote:
    BostonLou, I would say about 6,958 of your posts have been sublime and provided me with great amusement. The Dolphin, though, was just wrong.

It is for this reason that I am willing to either sell for face value ($32.50 w/ S&H included) or trade the Philly I poster . I purchased the poster for my brother who no longer is in need as he was also able to get one last night.

Please PM me if you are interested.

It is my random act of kindness...

doesn't look to be very random, but that is really cool of you :)
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    doesn't look to be very random, but that is really cool of you :)

I am normally a very selfish individual and knowing is half the battle.....
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
    OK

lets say there were 1000 posters.

Then lets assume there were 5000 of us trying to get a poster.

Doesnt anyone think that after the entire stock went onsale and subsequently sold out ( * extremely quickly ) that the link / image was then removed- and there was ( as there is now & always ) nothing above the date / place book ? :confused:

this is a distinct possibility- that there was in fact no " glitch " and that the demand just heavily outnumbered the supply and that Luck was the thing that dictated if you got a poster or not .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK

lets say there were 1000 posters.

Then lets assume there were 5000 of us trying to get a poster.

Doesnt anyone think that after the entire stock went onsale and subsequently sold out ( * extremely quickly ) that the link / image was then removed- and there was ( as there is now & always ) nothing above the date / place book ? :confused:

this is a distinct possibility- that there was in fact no " glitch " and that the demand just heavily outnumbered the supply and that Luck was the thing that dictated if you got a poster or not .

that would mean though, that they were all in everyone's cart within like 10 seconds. have you seen that movie "gone in 60 seconds"? it would be like that, only a lot faster.

after i bought mine and checked out, i went back to pj.com and it was still under the specials section. it said, "out of stock", but the image was still there.
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    that would mean though, that they were all in everyone's cart within like 10 seconds. have you seen that movie "gone in 60 seconds"? it would be like that, only a lot faster.

after i bought mine and checked out, i went back to pj.com and it was still under the specials section. it said, "out of stock", but the image was still there.

true dat, i was runnin firefox till about 903 with nothing showing, loaded IE and it came up outta stock

i think that is completely feesible
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bath you seem to be the EB guru here so I am going to ask a newbie question. When you add prints to your collection what is the difference between 1st printing vs. A/P print?
    lamperti77 wrote:
    Bath you seem to be the EB guru here so I am going to ask a newbie question. When you add prints to your collection what is the difference between 1st printing vs. A/P print?

i have no idea.
    to venture pure speculation :
    AP = Artists Prints, so i assume those are the signed / numbered editions .
    When i set up my page , i choose AP then the XX / XXX . If you choose artists print, you are not able to add a number to the poster .

please someone more knowledagble correct me if i am wrong.
    it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong ,.. but it is a rarity ! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
    italy up for sale at bigpop

20x20

they must of liked BK's LA square

i like the rainbow effect on this one
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm afraid this is not the case at all. Plenty of people still saw the link (even once it was sold out) several minutes into the sale. It was formally removed by Santos later on. For some reason, however, some of us never saw it at all.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    bostonlou wrote:
    italy up for sale at bigpop

20x20

they must of liked BK's LA square

i like the rainbow effect on this one

i don't see an 'add to cart' :(
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
    nimsu8 wrote:
    i don't see an 'add to cart' :(

they're all in peoples carts... add to cart will reappear if people don't buy

but i'll trade you mine for a Klausen DC?

sounds fair doesn't it? :)
  • nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    i think i like it more than klausen
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/