Options

Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Options
    hey BG66, remember way back in the day when this thread spawned it's root's?..

given the recent news, it makes you wonder. maybe it got the right the right people thinking.. however it came to be, it's about damn time.

10c give emek the keys to the ride and let him work some more magic.... it's looong over due.

and don't forget about firehouse & kozik... you never know.
  • Options
    bashbabashba Posts: 43
    hey BG66, remember way back in the day when this thread spawned it's root's?..

given the recent news, it makes you wonder. maybe it got the right the right people thinking.. however it came to be, it's about damn time.

10c give emek the keys to the ride and let him work some more magic.... it's looong over due.

and don't forget about firehouse & kozik... you never know.

But the sad thing is all Emek did was recycle an old image with some shitty font.
    Give us something new.
    FOR RENT
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bashba wrote:
    But the sad thing is all Emek did was recycle an old image with some shitty font.
    Give us something new.

IMO , even with that recycled print/ design,

it fits in perfectly with the new PJ stuff

along with the song " Big Wave "

i like how the whitewash spray on the large wave form little skulls throughout,

and the reflective imagery inside the blue wall of the wave.

the only thing on the negetive side is the font- couldve been better even if thrown together at the last minute .

that design, regardless of it being recycled, is flippin' suite !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    Would love to trade my San Diego poster for an LA#2 poster.
    contact me if you're interested.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i think they should give bostonlou designs a chance
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    But with the utmost respect.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3387424&postcount=1059

Bostonlou Designs for Leg 3!

hip_n_jam for drug czar!!!

(don't ask... i have no idea... thought you might like drugs) :)

btw... i rec'd your package you sent to me... all is well... thanks a million again
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    All I know is that I was able to snag a poster at LA2 last night. What a kick ass poster. I feel like I've won a marathon and my anxiety is gone. That is for now, I still have 2 nights in SF and the Gorge to go. The early bird does get the poster!!

On a side note, this being my first show of the tour and damn people are insane going for these posters. I see dudes buying up 3-4-5 then running them out to someone to stash in the car, then coming back in and getting more. It's like a freaking drug ring with runners and pushers. Nuts. Fuckers. I hate people like that. I hope they don't get jack when they re-sell them.
  • Options
    I see dudes buying up 3-4-5 then running them out to someone to stash in the car, then coming back in and getting more. It's like a freaking drug ring with runners and pushers. Nuts. Fuckers. I hate people like that. I hope they don't get jack when they re-sell them.

Unfortunately, they WILL get plenty back when they're flipping them.

Here's an idea ... at the SF and Gorge shows, you should turn the tables on them and buy up as many as you can and then sell them to the rest of us on here at a slight mark-up -- enough to cover your expenses to the show and the effort. Or trade them to get posters you don't have. I'd rather see true fans doing that than see what amounts to dealers who line up early, buy dozens of posters and don't even stay for the show, and then see them on eBay before the second encore!

Send me a PM if you want to work out a trade or deal otherwise for any extra SF or Gorge posters you can get your hands on!
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
  • Options
    whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Im hoping someone on here came through last night and got a shit load of posters to sell/trade to the rest of us! :D
    I don't have the funds to pay over 100$ for a poster
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • Options
    circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    I got an extra one at LA2 so I could trade it for a Gorge 05 poster. Because I can't afford paying $100 for a poster either. let me know if you're interested via PM.
  • Options
    hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    bostonlou wrote:
    hip_n_jam for drug czar!!!

(don't ask... i have no idea... thought you might like drugs) :)

btw... i rec'd your package you sent to me... all is well... thanks a million again

Hahahahaha...if you mean things like penicillin, then yes, I do.

No prob - glad I could help.
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 190
    If you don't like vegas pm me a differant offer as I have other stuff.
    PIECE out
  • Options
    bashbabashba Posts: 43
    I've got an LA 1 and would love to have an LA 2.
    FOR RENT
  • Options
    :eek:

:eek:

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Lzrdkng00Lzrdkng00 Posts: 34
    Has anyone heard about the first set of posters from the second Ames sub? I guess they're not sending them out after every 5 shows.

Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a poster from the secret LA show tonight at the Fonda? I'm thinking about going down to buy scalps but I'm afraid it's going to be way too expensive, plus I feel like shit because I think I tore my vocal chords up screaming at the last 4 concerts.

If anyone is going to tonight's show and they have posters, I have a San Diego, LA 1 and LA 2 poster to trade if you can pick up an extra. I'm also going to Santa Barbara and will hopefully get a poster to trade as well.
    "We've got a thousand points of light, for the soldier man
    Want him to come home soon, Come home while they can"
  • Options
    HBshoresHBshores Posts: 9
    I have seen a poster by EMEK dated for the upcoming Santa Barbara show that is just amazing.

http://expressobeans.com/images.php?art=35069

I have heard conflicting stories that this is a promotional poster and will not be on sale at the show and I have heard that this is the poster that will be on sale at the show. I will be attending the show and just to settle my anxiety of obtaining this poster at the show.
    Does anyone know if this is the confirmed poster for sale at the upcoming SBB show can anyone shed some light on this subject please. Must I search on line to obtain this from Emek??

Note: I am not a hustler looking to flip this poster on Ebay I am a tried and true PJ fan and this poster is a must have to add to my collection.

Any solid info. is greatly appreciated see in SB
    Cheers!!!
  • Options
    mcnabb5mcnabb5 Posts: 4
    Lzrdkng00 wrote:
    Has anyone heard about the first set of posters from the second Ames sub? I guess they're not sending them out after every 5 shows.

Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a poster from the secret LA show tonight at the Fonda? I'm thinking about going down to buy scalps but I'm afraid it's going to be way too expensive, plus I feel like shit because I think I tore my vocal chords up screaming at the last 4 concerts.

If anyone is going to tonight's show and they have posters, I have a San Diego, LA 1 and LA 2 poster to trade if you can pick up an extra. I'm also going to Santa Barbara and will hopefully get a poster to trade as well.

First batch of 5 posters will be sent out next week at some point... According to those in the know over at BRY. Odds are there won't be a poster for the secret show (there wasn't one for the NYC one) but I could be wrong
  • Options
    satansdicksatansdick Posts: 45
    their LA klausen for my night 1 milwaukee s/n?

PM me if interested.
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,545
    I was at the 6/26/06 show in St. Paul, and I was wondering how I can get a poster from the show. I didn't get one at the time but would like one now to add to my collection. Does the ten club sell any or would I have to pay huge sums on ebay, which I'm not willing to do.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I was at the 6/26/06 show in St. Paul, and I was wondering how I can get a poster from the show. I didn't get one at the time but would like one now to add to my collection. Does the ten club sell any or would I have to pay huge sums on ebay, which I'm not willing to do.
    Eventually the 10c should put them up, one show at a time, in limited amounts. It usually happens after the tour has ended. Let's hope for the best b/c I need a Camden1 and a NJ2!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options

yes . they usually do at some point. The prints they ( 10 C ) offers are not signed or numbered .

best of luck

piece
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,161
    Unfortunately, they WILL get plenty back when they're flipping them.

Here's an idea ... at the SF and Gorge shows, you should turn the tables on them and buy up as many as you can and then sell them to the rest of us on here at a slight mark-up -- enough to cover your expenses to the show and the effort. Or trade them to get posters you don't have. I'd rather see true fans doing that than see what amounts to dealers who line up early, buy dozens of posters and don't even stay for the show, and then see them on eBay before the second encore!

Send me a PM if you want to work out a trade or deal otherwise for any extra SF or Gorge posters you can get your hands on!

So, how does that fix the probelm when you're taking posters away from people in line at The Gorge who have already spent the dough on gas, hotel, food to actually be there for the show?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    HBshores wrote:
    I have seen a poster by EMEK dated for the upcoming Santa Barbara show that is just amazing.

http://expressobeans.com/images.php?art=35069

I have heard conflicting stories that this is a promotional poster and will not be on sale at the show and I have heard that this is the poster that will be on sale at the show. I will be attending the show and just to settle my anxiety of obtaining this poster at the show.
    Does anyone know if this is the confirmed poster for sale at the upcoming SBB show can anyone shed some light on this subject please. Must I search on line to obtain this from Emek??

Note: I am not a hustler looking to flip this poster on Ebay I am a tried and true PJ fan and this poster is a must have to add to my collection.

Any solid info. is greatly appreciated see in SB
    Cheers!!!

The Emek poster is brilliant, but, alas, will not be sold at the show. Good luck getting that one. Ames is doing the official poster for the show.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options

I still have the one from my Ames sub is available, signed and numbered. I'll sell it to you at cost.
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    So, how does that fix the probelm when you're taking posters away from people in line at The Gorge who have already spent the dough on gas, hotel, food to actually be there for the show?

The way I see it, there are basically two options:

1) The dealers get as many runners in line as they can and buy up a ton of posters, thereby screwing the true fans who are there and want just one poster as a souvenir of the show or a true poster collector who is also a fan, either of the band or of the art, and who doesn't plan on flipping it on eBay immediately. Either way, most of the "little guys" get screwed.

2) The "little guys" turn the tables and take those buying opportunities away from the dealers. And in turn, since the little guys don't need five posters each, they help out fellow little guys at the show or post-show.

See, this isn't about the little guys being greedy. It's about making sure the greedy bastard dealers don't get the same opportunties they've been taking advantage of for years.

Of course, the other option is for there to be a rule that you can get ONE poster per person. If you want a second one, you have to go back to the end of the line. That would maybe help curb it a little bit.
  • Options
    hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    2) The "little guys" turn the tables and take those buying opportunities away from the dealers. And in turn, since the little guys don't need five posters each, they help out fellow little guys at the show or post-show.

See, this isn't about the little guys being greedy. It's about making sure the greedy bastard dealers don't get the same opportunties they've been taking advantage of for years.

I like this idea.

Only one problem with this that I can see - the "little guy" will take a lot of heat from other people in line when that "little guy" tries to buy a lot of posters.
  • Options
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    I like this idea.

Only one problem with this that I can see - the "little guy" will take a lot of heat from other people in line when that "little guy" tries to buy a lot of posters.

Not when the "little guy" goes to the END of the line and sells his extras to other "little guys" for the same price he just paid for them. Take that, dealers!
  • Options
    soundart1soundart1 Posts: 21
    Looking for Klausen LA 2. Will trade my LA1, or another poster (either upcoming Gorge or SB show, or one from perhaps another one you're looking for). PM me if interested. Thanks.
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    looking for an extra vegas 06 out there. i have many posters to trade for it.

pm me if interested.