Options

Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i bought a 200 dollar book and a 50 dollar book.

so im spoiled.

i don't know that spoiled is the word

why would you do such a thing?

so I take it you've stayed back to work and built up the bank account? ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    bostonlou wrote:
    seriously? they're mini's? how do you know this?

the art prints are 9 x 12 and fit in the slipcase of the book, as per Colby himself
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I bit.

Can't believe it. You bought a sub for over $500 and you won't shell out 2 bills for this nice collectible set?

$200 =
    $50 = book
    $50 = Barry print
    $50 = Colby print
    $50 = Klausen print (probably worth the extra $$$ by itself)

You know you want it! ;)

I paid over $700 for the Ames sub.. twice i think... and that's mostly the reason I'm not yet buying... sight unseen art is a quite risky business... especially with Ames... sorry but that's just my opinion from the last few subs

plus if the art prints have nothing to do with pearl jam... then what good are they?

i'm slowly trying to reduce the amount of posters I own and don't like... so adding unseen ones doesn't seem logical
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    the art prints are 9 x 12 and fit in the slipcase of the book, as per Colby himself

i guess i haven't been paying attention

where did you see this info?
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    bostonlou wrote:
    I paid over $700 for the Ames sub.. twice i think... and that's mostly the reason I'm not yet buying... sight unseen art is a quite risky business... especially with Ames... sorry but that's just my opinion from the last few subs

plus if the art prints have nothing to do with pearl jam... then what good are they?

i'm slowly trying to reduce the amount of posters I own and don't like... so adding unseen ones doesn't seem logical

Makes sense. I'm always leery of subs, don't want to get stuck with a lot of crap I don't like just to get maybe one thing I do like.

Plus, Mama needs a yearly ticket to Maui !! ;)

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    i guess i haven't been paying attention

where did you see this info?

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=19041&view=findpost&p=3625289
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options

Interesting read on BRY:

quote(rival @ November 1, 2007, 1:41 pm)
    Coby,If you're still around can you answer a few questions?How many designs/images are new and how many are re-hash?is it PJ stuff from all other artists (Sutton, Emek, etc...) or just you guys and Klausen?Do you guys actually have some pictures of the inside of the special edition book or no?

quote(coby @ November 1, 2007, 6:48 pm)
    Not sure I understand the first question, but all of the images in the book are of existing tour posters. There are other artists in the book. From time to time we hired our friends to design some posters (Ward, Art, Vito, George, Mark, Nate, etc). We do have some images of the special edition. We've put some up on our site, but they really don't do it justice. An entire section of the book is dedicated to our original art. Far as I know, nobody's ever seen this stuff before. The starting place of a lot of what's in the book. There will also be a section of mylar pages, old science book style, with separations of two posters.

quote(Chef Ferrari @ November 1, 2007, 2:35 pm)
    Coby what size are these art prints ?

quote(coby @ November 1, 2007, 6:48 pm)
    9 x 12 so they fit right into the book. No folds, naturally.

quote(rival @ November 1, 2007, 6:20 pm)
    Thanks Coby...

now answer this honestly....is the special version really $150 better then the regular version?

quote(coby @ November 1, 2007, 9:08 pm)
    Honestly, yes. A lot of blood, sweat and tears and extra expense went not only into designing it, but printing it. Each one of them has a custom certicficate that we flew to Hong Kong to sign while it was being printed. No stone left unturned and if anything I'd say that we went a little over board and didn't hold back.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bostonlou wrote:
    i don't know that spoiled is the word

why would you do such a thing?

so I take it you've stayed back to work and built up the bank account? ;)

i do not even know.

one i may leave out on my coffee table .

the other will be stowed away safely, probably in a bullybox in my walkin closet. :confused:

Are you better off leaviung the 3 prints insdie the book, or getting them framed ?

On a sidenote- were you serious about the 4 George W images on the Benaroya Posters ? You never noticed it was him ? Thats odd,....thats the first thing i thought of when i saw the alfred e newman /George W poster from the 06 'europe subset,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i do not even know.

one i may leave out on my coffee table .

the other will be stowed away safely, probably in a bullybox in my walkin closet. :confused:

Are you better off leaviung the 3 prints insdie the book, or getting them framed ?

On a sidenote- were you serious about the 4 George W images on the Benaroya Posters ? You never noticed it was him ? Thats odd,....thats the first thing i thought of when i saw the alfred e newman /George W poster from the 06 'europe subset,...

i never looked at the benaroya close enough ... didn't like it so i never looked closer

now that i look at the eb page i feel foolish... but i never saw it or should I say LOOKed at it
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Got a second email today confirming my orders! This is good news, can't wait to get these posters in the mail :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    yosi wrote:
    Got a second email today confirming my orders! This is good news, can't wait to get these posters in the mail :D

I have got three of four of the confirmations. Got the Gorge and Italy in the mail today! Lightning fast!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I have got three of four of the confirmations. Got the Gorge and Italy in the mail today! Lightning fast!

I'm hoping my Gorge and DC will be there when I get home (and also my Dragons, Vic, other DC, and Deep magazine).
  • Options
    I ordered the Gorge and the Lolla green monster. Got one email notification of shipping on Monday and the Gorge arrived today. (Hooray, looks WAY nicer in person!)

Still waiting to hear on the Lolla. :(
  • Options
    Got the Gorge today
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,254
    lowlight1 wrote:
    Got the Gorge today
    Me as well, Gorge has reached the shores of the Atlantic, but Deep is still nowhere to be seen.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I ordered the Gorge and the Lolla green monster. Got one email notification of shipping on Monday and the Gorge arrived today. (Hooray, looks WAY nicer in person!)

Still waiting to hear on the Lolla. :(

i'll second that.

now the holy grail is the only one left to see waiting on my doorstep ( that is until the next PJ show )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    after reading about some of the conditions of received posters,

i rushed to set my eyeballs upon my gorge jumper.

its fucking suite and pristine , an absolute 2 thumbs up.
    Glad i picked it up, i was originally on the fence.

i love the size ( its actually alot smaller then i anticipated ) and i really love the dotted backround.cant elaborate on the colors, but i love the color(s) they used.

now all i have to get is that reeper and then im done.

( that is until the next PJ Show )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    after reading about some of the conditions of received posters,

i rushed to set my eyeballs upon my gorge jumper.

its fucking suite and pristine , an absolute 2 thumbs up.
    Glad i picked it up, i was originally on the fence.

i love the size ( its actually alot smaller then i anticipated ) and i really love the dotted backround.cant elaborate on the colors, but i love the color(s) they used.

now all i have to get is that reeper and then im done.

( that is until the next PJ Show )

agree :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Wow. My DC arrived today safe and sound (finally!).

BEEEEEA-U-Tiful!

I had no idea the reaper was holding dog tags in his hand. Such great detail, this did not disappoint. I'm very happy with it.

Damn I do enjoy spoiling me. :)

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Wow. My DC arrived today safe and sound (finally!).

BEEEEEA-U-Tiful!

I had no idea the reaper was holding dog tags in his hand. Such great detail, this did not disappoint. I'm very happy with it.

Damn I do enjoy spoiling me. :)

Peace,
    KJ

Ah, so you go it in the end. Congrats :D
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Ah, so you go it in the end. Congrats :D

Yes, Thanks. The guy I traded with had sent it standard mail instead of priority, which combined with Veteran's Day and 2 weekends is why it took 10 days to get from southern Cali to Phoenix. But it's here, I'm happy.

This is definitely one that needs framing. I have to find a way to put it somewhere near the Catholic trio. That would drive my mother nuts when she comes to visit! :D

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    Somebody got a Klausen Hawaii. :D
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Somebody got a Klausen Hawaii. :D

I hope it's you! :)

Congratulations!
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I hope it's you! :)

Congratulations!

Sho' did! So freakin' excited to frame it! :D
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    yosi wrote:
    Sho' did! So freakin' excited to frame it! :D

Congrats! Did you get it through a trade?
  • Options
    cerebus wrote:
    Congrats! Did you get it through a trade?

Yup. Traded a DC for it. Still got another DC if anyone is looking for one.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,238
    yosi wrote:

Congrats man, sorry i couldn't deal with you, still tryin for the Toronto, somebody on here emailed me wanting to trade but hasn't replied yet, fingers crossed.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Congrats man, sorry i couldn't deal with you, still tryin for the Toronto, somebody on here emailed me wanting to trade but hasn't replied yet, fingers crossed.

Hey no problem. Good luck getting the Toronto. I have one myself now, and its awesome. I have it framed and on my wall already. I would trade it for the right offer, but I'm definitely not shopping it and love it on my wall. Can't wait to get my Hawaii framed. :D
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    yosi wrote:

What do you want for the other DC, I am in NEED of a DC :D
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    What do you want for the other DC, I am in NEED of a DC :D

Looking mostly for my ISO's. If I were to sell, it'd be pretty expensive, just to help me pay for all the posters I've bought recently.